Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Have you ever tried a disguise? It's a whole skill. Talk about your experiences with disguises! Whether you used them or got bamboozled by them.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/16Rjzj7-y8btpn7ir31CexYRInvxKDo57X7eJvI5le5A/edit
d20pfsrd.com/magic/#TOC-Transmutation
d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation/
d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/getting-started/
5etools.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting for the fact that you fall at about a rate of 34.1 mph (54.88 kph for you non-Americans) in the Astral Plane, and as such can travel vast distances without needing a Wizard if your party only has a Cleric as a 9th level caster.

Pfg probably hasn't helped

I don't allow disguise because all my players want to do is make themselves into traps and drag queens

>It's a whole skill.
You mean a whole spell???

That +10 sure is useful at higher levels when you when the ones you need to avoid have +15 sense motive and perception so your CHA dump can finally shine.

REEEE REEEE MY SPELLS ARE ALWAYS USEFUL.

Made a pdf of the doc floating around of the Shifter with all the errata and dev comments on it. Maybe they'll make more changes until it's fixed, they already admitted they fucked up.

Corgi?

Meme breed.

Mark Seifter being cheeky, it was put in just for shits and grins.

>pring attack as a bonus feat
Should be spring attack, fix that shit.

I pay attention to the thread, thanks for the catch:
docs.google.com/document/d/16Rjzj7-y8btpn7ir31CexYRInvxKDo57X7eJvI5le5A/edit

I opened up comments so if you see any mistakes or updates to the Shifter I haven't seen yet just comment. Hopefully some more changes will roll out soon cause A Thousand Faces at 18th level is too late.

My setting has a race I made when I was 7 or 8 years younger and still a teen. It's a race that starts off with four arms and a barbed tail that does natural attacks. Additionally they do a point of elemental damage from their chosen damage with every successful hit.

How do I balance this without removing the themes central to what I wanted to include with the race? That is to say, it has four arms and a slashing tail, and a slight elemental-fists bent. I get that I just summarised the problem, but I still really want a race like that, it's just a matter of balancing them, if I can.

Additionally, my races tend to be a bit more powerful than paizo standard races. I know the race builder is balls (I only use it to get the starting point that i then develop properly from there), but as a guideline, my races tend to be 20-25 pts instead of the paizo 8-11.

So my first character is a Zen Archer. Should I save up to mastercraft a composite longbow or should I pay to improve the strength rating?

How developed you like your NPC? My DM seem to be in the habit of making them very plain and virtually nameless. How do I encourage him to make them better? Quirks, names, etc?

Ask him for details on what they're like. He should get the hint if he's any good.

[ ] Hot
[ ] Not
[ ] Thot

Thot obviously. Lamashtu only exists to give birth to monsters, and have her legions of monsters to commit mass rape and enslavement to create more monster babies. It's effectively conquering the world through sex by genetic manipulation over a long period of time.

Save for an adaptive longbow (or hornbow) so eventual strenght buffs aren't wasted
either make the hips wider or make them non-human and you get yourself a hot (literal) bitch

Party in my current campaign were chipping away at the power base of a villain far too strong to directly face, and they used disguises on a regular basis to help mask their involvement. Not allowing the villain to piece together a clear chain of events was a key part of their strategy to avoid having the villain swoop in and wreck their shit. Not sure if this is the regular use, but is was a game changer for us.

What class gets disguise self without the superior higher level spells?

Any class with a few thousand spare gold

What higher level spell gives you better bonuses to disguise than +10?

Can you spot an autist? This could save your life one day. Do not play in any games with these individuals involved.

How should I take revenge on the party member who bombed my city to try to get me to rejoin the party? I am in the process of arming the guard with bolt action rifles and revolvers.

Are they a boy or a girl?

>bombed my city to try to get me to rejoin the party
that does not sound like a wise idea

Shoo shoo cabal.

They didn't think of that
They don't even know where my house is.

Must I bump this thread?

>No Rory

Look this is a high quality shitpost, but how can you forget him

Provide more details and we might be able to give you helpful advice

t. rory complaining about not getting attention

t. Rory

t. rory

t. Rory

t. rory

Later self

*alter self

Nope!
d20pfsrd.com/magic/#TOC-Transmutation
It's only +10 to disguise checks AND it doesn't allow you to disguise yourself as a specific person.

Later homo

Fellow pathfinders.

Does anyone have guides on how to a) create characters and b) the basics of how to play the game.

Me and some friends are all beginning a campagin (with yours truly as gm) and i need to run them through character builder first. (i have a sliver of knowledge on how to do that.)

Also gm tips would be helpful. I have a basic campaign idea and the first session or two planned but other that and that i dont think im ready for the amount of book keeping needed.

Also a good place to find a list of monsters, items and maybe npcs.

>Also gm tips would be helpful
Tip: Don't play Pathfinder.

> d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation/

> d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/getting-started/

Why does everybody come into general threads and skip over the fucking OP links
Seriously

But it lets you disguise yourself as a different size, exotic creature type, etc.

It has a lot more uses than disguise self.

Play 5e first.

It's better for beginners, really.

Yeah, but it's still not a replacement for the actual skill at high levels, which is the topic at hand, here.

It’s a replacement to most uses of the skill, and considering disguising yourself at high levels is almost guaranteed to come with a -14 penalty that +10 comes with some nice benefits - and you can disguise yourself as intelligent things that you otherwise couldn’t couldn’t.

And that’s before mentioning that bards get the skills and skill points and magic to combine it all together.

>It’s a replacement to most uses of the skill
Not when enemies typically have perception bonus in the +15 range or even higher.

Pathfinder rules are free. Wed do 5E but one of our guys doesnt want to pirate the rules cos of morality stuff and he atm cant order things. (we playing through private disc)

Cos sifting through all the links is a pain and its easier to ask helpful anons who know the right things.

currently creating a character with one of the guys

>Pathfinder rules are free.
5etools.com/

Wow, what a fucking faggot.

Alright then, here's what you do
>Don't roll for stats. Make them use point buy, possibly 25
>Try not to start the game at level 1, usually 4 is when things start being fun and classes start to deviate from one another
>Have them make characters loosely connected to each other, as to avoid a clusterfuck when trying to bring the party together
>Find out what kind of game they want to play

Do Psionic classes work as a replacement for arcane caster?

>Have them make characters loosely connected to each other, as to avoid a clusterfuck when trying to bring the party together
>Find out what kind of game they want to play
Definitely these. Find out what kind of game they want to play to help make the characters better suited to the tasks ahead. Sneaky stealth games don't benefit particularly from Barbarians for example, while Monks and Paladins aren't going to do well at a Pirate game, and social skills aren't going to see much use in a dungeoncrawler so a diplomancer is probably something to avoid.

Yes. They're less flexible and less powerful, but can fill the niche.

Thanks for the tips

They (the players) just want to have a simple introduction so im making things simple so we can all learn how to play not only pathfinder, but also the genre in general.

Simple introduction is as follows: mysterious stranger approaches each adventurer and recruits them to be a party for a lord of some city to go adventurer and solve stuff in a nearby dungeon.

Also one of the characters ive been shown is great: Noble who joined the circus cos he didnt wanna be a noble. However got really deep into debt (gambling problems) so he decided to go into hiding, by acting as the most normal and bland person possible. He has a low Int and wisdom (9 and 8 respectively) score so things are gonna be fun. Human fighter.

oh boy wonder who posted THIS, mashallah

I am the mayor of a city near a plot important location and the alchemist and the aarakoca ranger teamed up to bomb my city from the air. To get me to go back to the party? And the ranger mentioned can teleport through dimensions once per day.

That's a tried and true plothook, ok
That fighter is going to get absolutely fucked by effects targeting his Will save, so if he has a spare feat i suggest telling him to grab Iron Will for a bit more resistance
I still don't see how they hoped to accomplish anything. You're the fucking mayor, so it makes even LESS sense!

Maybe they thought by removing the town he was responsible for he'd be free to join them? Still retarded, but that's the best I can think up.

Also go gestalt. Add mythic if you're feeling daring.

Don't do this. Only villains do this.

It's six level 1 alchemist bombs
In a city of 60,000
I think it won't do much, other then turn the ranger chaotic evil instead of chaotic good.

Is there a way to get PCGen to have more than just core rulebook type content? I want to use it to make samurai and bloodragers and shit.

Oh wow, somehow I missed that bit of the conversation. Now it's even more retarded.

Lamashtu does not advocate for rape.

Explain.

>Tfw only have to game with one of these autists

Feels good

>Not on this
Good.

So, how the fuck do I build a Rat Ogre from Warhammer Fantasy in Pathfinder? Thinking of running a Not!Vermintide/Not!Mordheim game eventually

Well the Suli have an ability to add a d6 of elemental damage to their attacks (unarmed or manufactured) for 1 round, and feats that increase the amount of times they can do this per day. You could use these as a base for the elemental side of things.
Maybe allow the tail to be a secondary natural attack, or with an alternative racial trait, a prehensile tail. Check out tiefling for RP, maybe.
There's also a 4-armed alien race for pathfinder, that I know very little about. Kasatha, I think? Iirc they treat one arm as primary and the remaining as off-hand.

This is ancient, half of these people don't even have the same icon anymore.

Everyone's on it...even (you). Look on the bottom-left corner of that image.

Oh shit. You're right. The deletion of free-posting didn't save me.

Probably an Alchemist or Abyssal Bloodrager, but those would only let you hulk out for a set amount of time.

I have two of these people in my game, and the only issue that ever comes up is different time zones being a pain.
Also played with a third one of them, but their issues go far beyond mere autism.

i mean as a monster, not as a playable species.

Compare stats between the games and try to come up with fitting attribute scores and abilities. Give them however many HD seem appropriate, proper attacks and natural armor, equip them if needed, etc.

Why not just take an Ogre and say it's ratlike? Maybe toss a mutated template on there for fun. All a Rat Giant seems to do is run around a crush things, don't need a whole new creature for that. Maybe give it whatever subtype Ratfolk have and you're done.

wouldn't it be easier to run this in warhammer fantasy?

See, I sorta started out with things running like that. Extra d6 elemental damage to attacks, tail as secondary attack, one arm as primary and others as off hand.

Thing is, one of my players (who is super knowledgeable about crunch), seems to view a four armed race with a tail natural attack as being horrifically overpowered.

>7
Believe it or not; no. Cause the only warhammer thing im taking is the rat ogre, the rest are just going be rogues and fighrers. No ratling gunners, no jezails, nothing like that. Just big fuckoff rats

Maybe, maybe not. But WHFRPG sucks massive dicks in actually play in my experience.
>not having your players run into a squad of ratfolk trench fighters with rifles.

eh, maybe. Give em double barrels and trapdoors?

Okay, so this is what they look like thus far, crunch wise. The only issue I can see is that the amount of attacks they would have at level 1 would make things very easy for them in combat.

Ashiihm
+2 Str, +4 Dex, -4 Int.
Type: Ashiihm are humanoids.
Size: Ashiihm are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Ashiihm have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: Ashiihm begin play speaking Common.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Skill Bonus: Ashiihm have a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Perception checks.
Multiattack: Ashiihm gain Multiattack as a bonus feat. Their attacks with their off-hands take only a -2 penalty, instead of the usual -5.

Offense Racial Traits
Elemental Weapons: As a move action, Ashiihm can charge themselves with elemental power, and deal 1d6 points of elemental damage whenever they strike a foe with a natural attack, unarmed strike, or melee weapon before the start of their next turn. They may choose from acid, cold, electricity, or fire, every time they use this ability. At level 7 this ability becomes a swift action.

Other Racial Traits
Multi-Armed: Ashiihm possess four arms. An ashihm can wield multiple weapons, but only one hand is her primary hand, and all others are off hands. She can also use her hands for other purposes that require free hands. They may also make a natural attack with their barbed tail, doing 1d4 slashing damage.

What issues?

Let me guess, you played 3e.
3e is fucking terrible, play 2e.

Shoo shoo, Startoad.

I'm talking about Warhammer Fantasy RP, friend. WFRP 3e is legitimately awful.

Oh. My mistake.

I mean, with those abilities and free feats, I agree with your player.

>+2 Str, +4 Dex, -4 Int.
While a +2, +4, -4 has been used, I think it might be a bit too much for a race that has so much availability to multiple attacks and two-weapon fighting. Maybe just stick with the typical +2, +2, -2.

>Multiattack
This is, in combination with other things, kind of what breaks it. You're giving the race too much. Try looking at the normal -5 penalty for secondary natural attacks as getting your first iterative attack for free right off the bat.

>Elemental Weapon
>At level 7 this ability becomes a swift action.
The suli have limits to their elemental damage for a reason. It might be thematic to give them the equivalent to a +1 enhancement bonus all the time, but it's a bit much. The damage ignores DR, and is just constant free damage.
The automatic upgrade also seems like it should be a racial feat.

>They may also make a natural attack with their barbed tail, doing 1d4 slashing damage.
Probably should be a listing on it's own. For reference you should also probably list primary/secondary type of attack. Tail attacks are almost always secondary, but of course it's your decision.

In short, I agree with your player. You're giving the race an awful lot, even for one with a high RP.

these would make really fucking powerful rogues

Just a quick question when it comes to melee combat feats. Generally, what melee fighting feats you must have to stay competent through scaling levels in pathfinder? I'm under the impression that most feats don't make that huge of a difference, but I'd like to know?

Like other than power attack?

They're a full-on /pol/tard who thinks that their game is going to play like a novel and expects players to psychically know what they expect you to do, uses words and phrases in rather different ways from their actual meanings, is paranoid about any form of criticism and tends to talk like some sort of elitist hipster author when they're not just ranting angrily over politics.

There aren't many feats that scale with your BAB, and those that do often aren't used together, if that's what you're asking. Generally, besides Power Attack people tend to take Weapon Focus, Cleave, Weapon Specialization if they're a Fighter, maybe Vital Strike and Improved Critical or some Style feats depending on the build.

Spill the beans, user, who?