Magnus the Red

Can we end the debate?

I'm for that Magnus was right that he tried to inform Emps about Horus betraying HIM, but he did it with Sorcery. On the other hand he did not know what was happening on Terra. Emps didn't tell him nor his brothers about the Human Webway Project. Thus Magnus at that point did and did not do anything wrong.

Everyone did something wrong.

Even Valdor.

Should have left those fucking furries to rot in their own mistakes.

Magnus did nothing wrong. If you're worried about your fathers wellbeing you'll do what you need to to warn him. Better to ask for forgivness than beg for permission and all that.

If the Emperor wasn't such a secritive fuckwad the whole thing could have been avoided.

>my dad that's thousands of years old commands me not to do something
>I decide to do it anyway, because I know better
>whooops turns out Dad was right the wrong time
>sry I only had good intentions lmao :(

>live in same town with dad
>he is and old fag afraid of cell phones
>he said never to use cell phones cuz it's the devil
>dad says don't bother me while i work on my project
>dad is working on a wood project
>the sky looks clear
> weather app says is gonna rain
>call his home number with cell anyway cuz might not notice
>mfw the house burns down
>mfw the family disowns me
>mfw my crazy brother that lives in the woods came to burn down my home

This is you and how stupid you look right now.

What a stupid argument.
>my dad is almost as old as I am
>has never achieved anything
>there's plenty of smarter people around
>nothing depends on him
>he barely knows anything about cellphones

When the Emperor tells you not to use magic, you don't use magic. It's that simple. If I'm a master chef and I tell your dough isn't ready, you don't fucking disagree with me because "the recipe said one hour."
A person that has far more knowledge than you on a subject shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially not when he's the most powerful being you know of.

Second one is correct. Magnus had no idea what was up with the barrier and had under literally any other circumstance, news that was worth the damage. That doesn't make it any better but intent, gravity and hindsight show that magnus did nothing with malicious intent

Wtf I hate Magnus now

This faggot user and his stupid fucking retarded analogy killed Magnus for me.

Magnus did nothing wrong because he was working with limited information that was restricted to him by emps. Here is a scenerio, your dad has a car, he lends you his car from time to time but tells you not to go over 80 km/h. When riding around you from time to time go over 80km/h and nothing happens. One day while out and about you get a call that the CO2 monitor at your house is out batterys and the wood stove your dad loves so much is faulty, emiting CO2. You book it to your dads house to tell him this because you dont want him to die. Turns out you were not to ride over 80 because the brakes arny in good condition and can give out, you crash into your dads house. Your dad really could have told you that the problem is that his brakes dont work well and the whole thing could have been avoided.

>he said never to use cell phones cuz it's the devil

Mind you, in this case he is literally right.

>Magnus did nothing wrong

Magnus never did anything right either. TS fans never seem to want to bring that up though.

>someone shitposts
>changes opinion

Magnus literally had his legion summon demons and make pacts with them. That was one of the primary reason Nicea happened, but instead listening Magnus threw a fit, dismissed every advice, even from the Khan and Sang and went on as before.
That alone would justify his removal.

He fucked up the furries permanently, so I think he did that right.

idk man I'd be pretty mad too if the monsters my dad says are just xenos are actual demons that he too has made deals with and an entire council is set up just to satisfy my autistic younger brother who shits himself in anger because I can do something he can't.

I'd also be kind of pissed about the near total genocide of my people to satisfy a few bitter brothers.

This is all really Morty's fault.

>CO2
You mean CO

"Don't use magic," says the magical gestalt-man who uses magic and made deals with the Ruinous Powers whom he thought he could outsmart.

> even considering making deals with xenos

He had it coming. Also while the Emperor told nobody about the Chaos Gods it was common knowledge among the primarchs that the warp was home to malevolent xenos that are evil and treacherous by nature. Magnus just thought once again, that his so much smarter than everybody else.

>find out Horus is a traitor
>years before the Heresy even starts
>instead of using an astropath or even just flying to Dad's house he does SPECIFICALLY what Papa told him not to
>fucks shit up
Magnus wasn't evil, he retarded

Well he was, considering he figured out they weren't aliens but actual daemonic entities born from the Warp.

The others just thought they were regular ol' aliens with a few freaky abilities. Like ugly Eldar basically. And E did everything to ensure they'd continue to think that.

Except maybe Khan, who I believe mentions that shamans on his adopted planet would regularly ward off daemonic spirits.
Khan always seemed to have his own thing going on separate even from the Emperor's plan. Which is kind of why I hope he reappears in some form soon.

Even then he doesn't question why that massive warp entity he encounters offers him help multiple times and he accepts it.

Also, I agree that the Khan is definetly underated as a primarch and Magnus should have listened to him more often.

Everyone should have listened to Khan more. I think besides Vulkan and Gorillaboat Ramen he was one of the few who honestly gave a shit about all his brothers and humanity in some form besides an abstract notion of 'the masses we're dying for'. He may have also disapproved of parts of Big E's plan and been working to prevent its worst consequences, but I can't remember that far back. I do remember he said that the Emperor, too, is a man in the end and pissed someone off.

Are 'we' on this mongolian throat singing image board the GW employees responsible for writing definitive changes to the 40k lore?
If not, no