Evil empire across the sea

>evil empire across the sea
>wizards and witches
>elemental spirits
>monsters like goblins, skeletons and slimes
>war with sword and airplanes
>mentions of an "elemental war" in which dwarves and shadowbrutes genocided each other
>Poorly defined religion with god of general goodness

Guys, I think stardew valley might be a D&D game?

Other urls found in this thread:

stardewvalleywiki.com/Gotoro_Empire
exhentai.org/g/889397/f39b86a29d
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

forgot
>dungeon crawling
>dragon skeleton

D&D confirmed

How long did it take you to realize that Stardew Valley's setting is a fantasy setting?

until now. obviously.
Didnt think about it due to how modern it is otherwise

The mine full of monsters was a hint.

Pretty cool. A fantasy setting that turned modern.

...Is this your first time encountering that?

I generally don't play fantasy RPGs. Mostly because my group is shit.

Do you also not read fantasy literature? Did you also avoid the massive marketing blitz on Veeky Forums for Bright?

(Really, it's the second one that gets me-- This place was spammed to hell over that shitty movie for a while, and it's exactly what you're talking about.)

>Guys, I think stardew valley might be a D&D game?
You mean how it might be a knock-off Rune Factory game?

kys weeb faggot RF is knock-off a HM which is knock-off a IRL

>evil empire across the sea
>war with sword and airplanes
>Poorly defined religion with god of general goodness
What are talking about? I don't remeber these

>HM
>fantasy setting
>gameplay beyond basic farming and townies interaction
By the way, the original Harvest Moon is a knock-off of an older FM-TOWNS game too. The more you know.
That said, I enjoyed Stardew Valley. Still prefer Rune Factory, though - Frontier in particular, even if it fucked up the farming with the Runey system.

>Guys, I think stardew valley might be a D&D game?
No way. Unbelievable. Next you gonna say Elona is a fantasy setting too.

Well, witches/wizards and harvest sprites and god/godesses are recurring elements of the series

I really need to play that one day. Is it better on PC or Switch? I really want to play something on my Switch that isn't Breath of the Wild.

To be fair, HM64 era games and post-HM64 era games (with FoTM and BtN/StH being the cutoff points) might as well be set in completely different universes, what's with their approach to the narrative and setting in general.

Idont think they fight their wars with swords though. Kent gets his PTSD triggered when he hears popcorn and he is wearing an army jacket, not excactly plate armour.

I like RF too but when you get into higher levels the farming becomes utterly irrelevant and I dont like how the later games turned up the weeb factor

You don't remember Kent, Vincent's soldier dad who comes back with light PTSD on the first day of Year 2? Or the temple to Yoba in Pierre's store, and the books about him in the library

stardewvalleywiki.com/Gotoro_Empire

Stardew lore is deep af

Switch version is really fun for being able to play portable, farming in bed at night is very comfy. But the Switch version does have weirdly long loading times, so if that bothers you then go for the PC

PC has the modding scene where you can get some quality of life stuff or go crazy.

There is only one correct marriage option

>You don't remember Kent, Vincent's soldier dad who comes back with light PTSD on the first day of Year 2?
Yeeeaaah I kind of abstenated myself from social interaction on the game besides doing quests the only time I ever entered Pierre's house was accidentally when I was forced the video game event with Abigail

>waifu wars
can we not

Fair enough

>start a new game as a female character
>romance Penny for the first time
>get a letter from her asking to meet at the pool
>huge boner during that whole scene where Penyn confesses her love and they kiss
>as soon as the cutscene is over I fap to the thought of Penny and my character having hot lesbian sex right there in the pool

Fuck I love this game

The pool is a needless creepy area, especially when compared to the rest of the game

Why is the pool so creepy? It's such a weird, artificial environment, with no music, I thought I was going to have some sort of negative event happen there, but nope. It's just a pool and for reason Ape decided it had to be slightly unsettling.

But he's made a lot of other questionable decisions.

>that nr4 Maru

WHY YOU CHANGE IT YOU CRAZY SHIT

Wavy redish hair but WITH the glasses would be best

glasses could be sexier...
But yeah, maru is still mah kinda girl

Literally why.
The entire top row is just flat out better.

"we're shifting towards more gender-neutral design"

Not long at all; about the time I saw the sprites in the town hall.

>1 - 2
Degraded
>2 - 3 - 4
Upgraded till peak
>4 - 5
Wait that's just a palette swap from 2
>5 - 6 - 7
Can't we just go back to 4? No? Atleast you polished the new concept
>7 - 8
*concern*
>8 - 9 - 10 - 11
No Ape what are you doing? Ape wha... NO STOP! APE WHAT ARE DOIN-

Correct. Hot lesbian sex with Emily is best.

>Fantasy

>With guns
>and robots
>And genetic engineers
>and pokeballs
>and elves
>and endless spiring towers of doom
>and pianists

Yeah, Imma say no.

Clint just better back off my woman, asking if she'd dance with him at the flower dance sheesh.

Hard divides are shit.

>Romancing Penny
Good man. Hot, nerdy redhead is best.

True, but don't forget that all women eventually turn into their mothers

So romance Maru and get her to build you shit?

You realize she was just using you to get away from her trailer and shitty mom, right?

That's some of the worst Abigail art ever.

Then Maru and Abigail are the best choices.

Totally worth it.

Or go Leah. No mom in town, so we have nothing to judge what she'll become.

>>Skeleton_swerve.jpg

I was upset that Marnie wasn't a romance option. Dammit, Lewis!

I know, what sort of greedy fuck doesn't share his wife with a new person in town?

They're not married.

Leah is best waifu and it's fucking sacrilegious I'm the first person to say this in this thread

exhentai.org/g/889397/f39b86a29d

I'm still upset Robin wasn't available.

> I dont like how the later games turned up the weeb factor
Weeb factor is whatever, the real problem was that later RF installments turned focus away from gameplay, shifting it towards characters and their personal drama.

The official RF ranking is basically:
RF:Frontier with Runey patch > RF3 >= RF1 > everything else > RF: Frontier without Runey patch > shit > RF:Oceans.

Nice quads, and I prefer PC for the quality of life mods.

First babe you meet in town, married to the fucking nerd.

And not just *any* nerd, the token asshole. Demetrius was one of the most abrasive characters in that game and it honestly feels like Leah was designed for people who got bummed about Robin's marital status.

Marrying the carpenter would be too OP

That's right, he's just sleeping with her. Slip of the mind, there.

WAIFU WAAAARS

>all these waifufags and no Haley
Tiggy, your taste is shit and I am disappoint.

How is Demetrius the token asshole when Haley exists?

Try romancing Haley sometime. She has the most character development of anyone in the game.

What was the name of the FM Towns game?