magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

Yeah it's crazy. I just love the 666 reference. Not sure how to really balance it outside adding costs. Maybe require it to sac creatures?

rate my card

whoops made a mistake

Huh. That "isn't a human" text is interesting and flavorful templating.

I second liking the templating, it's quite good.

Im not sure, how is bushido usually costed? This is kind of like bushido but a little better because it can be split. This seems cheap. Excellent flavor though. It just took me a couple reads to understand what it was doing since its a little quirky. I thought it was a Geist of Saint Traft for a second.

bout tree fiddy

This isn't really comparable to bushido, as it triggers on blocking and being blocked, and this card doesn't trigger off of either.

I guess its only half bushido then. I wouldnt exactly say it isnt at all comparable though, but considering its missing the important part of bushido in terms of gameplay then I guess costing is fine then.

I wasn't sure how to word this

For WWW and just banning reanimation rather than clearing out the graveyards that's definitely too small a body.

Is it important that it work this way instead of emptying (and keeping empty) all yards? I ask because things like Threshold would care, were it relevant to your design goals.

Strictly Worse Cage

Cage doesn't attack or block, not strictly worse, also reminder it's okay to make worse cards than existing ones

>also reminder it's okay to make worse cards than existing ones
you made that abundantly clear rosewater

Though to be fair, it's quite badly costed as is. Also not getting its exact purpose.
someone caught me an on an anonymous mongolian basket weaving forum, you know what means! it's time for another drive to work : )

those 7 mana lighting bolts are gonna make themselves

>those 7 mana lighting bolts are gonna make themselves
those 7 mana lightning bolts arent gonna make themselves

>7 mana
Oh come now friend user; three mana for three damage. Tis only fair. I'll even make it 2R just for you. Easier to cast, you see.

>those 7 mana lightning bolts arent gonna make themselves
That actually sounds like an interesting design challenge. I accept.

Already did that. 2R for a Bolt, and you can pay 2R for an extra Bolt. Was a lot more proud of it until I realized it's a one-time Replicate. Oh well.

unplayable trash

Wizard alresdy did 2r for a bolt too. People were not happy about it.

somehow worse

Copy for each I/S spell in your graveyard? Rise from the Tides is 5U.

Feels like there's too much of a difference between the two modes. Clear yourself out for tokens, might take you a while to fill up your graveyard again. Though I feel like it would be pretty good if it just had
>At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are seven or more cards in your graveyard, create a 4/4 green Ape creature token.
Could be wrong though.

Also, thanks for crediting the artist. He has a lot of great stuff.

This is a very cute card. I like it's design a lot. I'd be interested to see a full cycle featuring this effect.

This is neat.

I think you could just say you shuffle one pile into your library.

Especially for GG 5 mana

I feel like this not doing anything at all unless you have lands in your hard is kind of a waste of a common slot as well as just subpar feeling in general. I like the synergy between the effect and Dredge, but I think it could use some sprucing up.

I wanted this card to be common pretty bad but I don't think it really can be. Had it at 3B originally but that felt too good being only one mana more expensive than Aspect of Gorgon.

>lands in your hard
*yard. Thanks fat fingers.

The etb trigger is a bit redundant with the static bonus, and just makes the card look busier than it needs to be.

I wonder if I shouldn't just get rid of the P/T bonus since the general idea is that it's supposed to be a surprise that ensures the enchanted creature lives through the first combat. Though I suppose this version might do that more simply. KISS rule and all that.

This is indeed a lot cleaner and focused.

It feels a touch expensive now, or at the very least, color intensive. Though, it's also a big deal that it has Flash too.

nice tiddies

Agreed. Thinking about cutting it out and looking for the original.

Found it. I'll be a bro and post it.

From DOOM. Idea is the BFG launches a ball of energy which does huge amount of damage itself, it also fires smaller projectiles at nearby enemies.

Thanks very much!

>Reckless Riders
Pretty cool.

>Haunted Child
Interesting flavor. Mechanic isn't bad either, pretty sweet chump blocker.

Absolutely breaks the shit out of all the kindling cards (ie the cards that scale with the number of cards with the same name in all graveyards).

Given Primordial Hydra, it might be fine for it to double its own counters.

>cards are worse
>bullshit dumbing down the game
>cards are better
>bullshit powercreep

This reminds me there's art of an aetherborn on artstation I need to make a card for but I haven't yet.

I get the reference

>Medical Pioneer
>Armed with a weapon, face disguised, with a thopter scout

Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting.

Noted and checked
I could change it
I would've posted it myself but I was asleep, you're a good man user

Isnt there a template to add or remove counters until you have a total? I dont know what card though. If there is that seems like itd be a less confusing one, both in terms of understanding its purpose and rules wise.

>Isnt there a template to add or remove counters until you have a total?
There are ways to restrict how many counters can be on a card. But it's so cumbersome I'd never recommend anyone do it.

Well, my thought with that was you could just have it do the "Rest in Peace on a body" thing. It'd be easier to grok if you weren't worried about enabling Threshold and stuff.

My knee-jerk was that this dies due to SBA at first but I'm pretty sure that's wrong and it waits till after the ability resolves to check that. Christ I'm bad at this game. That said it's basically just a complex way of putting "creatures enter the battlefield under your control with an extra +1/+1 counter on them" since the times where it's smaller and becomes "boltable" or "shockable" aren't really enough to justify the added weirdness in my mind.

Very nice.

No, I mean text thats something like "When ~ attacks, add or remove +1/+1 counters from ~ until has it has four +1/+1 counters on it."

Interesting, but do note that bushido only ever triggers once.

I know.

Ah. Then AFAIK, his ability is the closest you can get, unless you want to make a keyword.

feels like it's doing something different or unique, even if it's just life gain stuff
feels really generic, but slightly pushed

>Ascend edition
>no one posts Ascend cards

I am not surprised. Ascend is a cool mechanic with a shitty execution.

does anyone have link (or copy/paste) to the 40k card ideas?

it was pretty cool when I was seeing the early stages and I'm wondering if more details were made

I don't care too much for Ascend. It basically says that in the late game, your cards are stronger, but not in any predefined way.

Not to sound like a sycophant, but Timeanon did it better with Pinnacle. It plays better, is easier to track, and has an easier, more organic condition to meet.

First attempt at an ascend creature. Rather unsure about the pricing, likely undercosted it.

I mean it works, but a flying defender is really underwhelming at rare, even if it's costed properly.

I'd call it a flavor rare if it were me. And it really couldn't be printed at any other rarity, were it to exist.

On permanents, it's worded a bit differently:
>Ascend (Any time you control ten or more permanents and you don’t have the city’s blessing, you get the city’s blessing for the rest of the game.)

Decent. Doesn't need to be multicolored.

Csnt download the files in the OP right now, whats the mechanic?

Did some digging, its not the "if you have the highest cmc permanent" ability is it? Theyre pretty different if so, not comparable at all... even the flavor isnt really the same, though ascend doesnt well match the flavor of what its trying to capture so.

Feels weird at rare. But I can see an argument for its being too complex for uncommon. Not bad overall, though the last mode feels weak to me.

>card
This triggered my Ixalan autism-rage.

>Ixalan had 0 Zombies because apparently being a tribal block means you can't have both Vampires and Zombies or something
>March of the Drowned gets me blue balls: see, you COULD be playing undead pirates right now, but NOPE.
>Zombie Incans and whatnot

Make your own Ixalan-flavored Zombie cards then.

Is this effect printed on a sorcery balanced as an acceptable common draw spell for a Limited format?

3U: Scry 2, then draw two cards.

In Kaladesh it was printed as an uncommon instant that also gave 2E, so probably fine.

See Glimmer of Genius.

Bump to uncommon?

I really want a common burn spell with this that also isnt Bombard or Open Fire level. What if it was a sorcery?

I see people are liking this idea. That's three separate people that've put something like this forward or fiddled with it.

No, Im the one who made the examples you originally commemted on. I just decided I like the name dedicated more than focus. Im trying to decide a flavor for it. For some reason it screams "artists" or "art world" (even though Id have thought thatd have to do more with using more colors, not less?) but its really hard to find art for that.

Ah, okay. Assumed different word meant different user, my bad. I still can't decide if I like the version I posted better on cast or on resolve/ETB. I feel like on-cast is a nice little reward since it's basically a certainty but ultimately harder to balance/cards can't be splashier.

As far as flavor goes, I'm not sure; it could easily be a not!devotion mechanic for a set that has Gods and stuff in it. Could also be an interesting mechanic when paired with something that rewards multicolor cards/casting, like Converge. It might seem odd to push both mono and multi casting, but if you make it a factional thing it could be neat. Maybe a multicolored faction is trying to invade/subsume a set of smaller factions that are resisting together, but trying to remain distinct.