/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Wow, a Kurita mech that will blow you apart and steal your bike, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2018-02-19 - Still getting worked on & now has 26492 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-02-13!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

The guy even believes he's his own persona. He goes by that name everywhere.

>little PTSD teenage Skye girl as God Queen of Humanity.
Explain?

Malvinas little toy girl she keeps around and yes it is as creepingly pedo as it sounds.

what the hell.

Yep. Got one going at a local con at the moment. Short break while my opponent gets done with a quick game of AoS for a tournament. Running Janos Mistake from the Fourth Succession War battlepack. Just lost my Atlas. The enemy is far from finding the bunker, and their Raven (we only had one Spider, so we did a quick swap because why not) has had its right torso disintegrated. Seriously swingy dice tonight, with LRMs getting hits on 12s (needing 11) and close range laser shots (5+) missing by a country mile.

For all we know, the little brat is legal in Falcon space. Still creepy, but not 100% creepy (just like, 90% or so).

Huh, when did that happen? I haven't kept up super well on the fluff. Was this explained in novels or some of the sourcebooks or...?

I think I'd like the clans a lot more if they weren't so magical realm

Also it's part of everyone in DA s are completely insane thing that has been going for pretty much all of the Era Pretty much every and all of the major players in the IS and the Clans are total nutjobs. Rapey McRapeface Davion talked to invisible people. Liaos are incest babies. Stone hates everyone and especially his own people. Alaric McWolfen Wolf has daddy and mommy issues. Kuritan Coordinator is Black Dragon Society puppet which itself is huge warning sign she has mental issues knowing how retarded BDS is. Hell it is alot easier to make a list of people who aren't certifibly nutjobs in Dark Age. Julian Davion and that's about it.

What? We need more magical realm.

BT waifu thread time.

Sounds like that game is pretty much over, when you start losing Atlases it sure sign that it's pretty much over, unless the scenario is something silly like destroy all of enemy forces.

He has to find and kill the bunker to win. If he doesn't, or if he does and I manage to kill 4 of his 6 (lighter) mechs, I win. And the Atlas only fell after 2 lucky headshots from LL fire over 2 turns. Fucker was fully functional up until then, and was about to eat a Grasshopper and a Marauder alive (the latter was prone and ready for a swift kick, the other was standing right next to it and eating AC20 fire).

>basically dead enemy
>need 3 to finish him off
>roll 2
>he headshots me highlander next turn with an AC/10 killing it

Fuck dice based games

Anyone got images of the contents of new boxes coming sometimes in the next 10 years? I can only find an imgur link that has only 4 or 5 mechs out of 12.

Yep. That's the sort of shit I'm dealing with tonight.

Yeah also max range LL memeshots from a hover getting the through armor crit on a 100% untouched victor setting off the SRM ammo.

>Kuritan Coordinator is Black Dragon Society puppet

Wasn't it implied somewherethat she wasn't as much a puppet of the Kokuryukai as she's painted as? I could have sworn this was the case.

There have been some hints yet another BSD vs Coordinator Fight. That would be 4th one from 3060s to Dark Age. But who knows I doubt even CGL knows what they will do.

Impossible, unless you use floating crits.

Side torso TAC would do it. Have seen it happen on other mechs, first shot through armor cooks off ammo and boom goes the mech.

AFAIK, the only TAC around is for the CT unless you use optionals. Then again, lots of people do.

But those fucking dice. They don't care at all. We're merely pawns dancing to their tune, like the Urbie for the Atlas.

Bad art edition?
Bad art edition.

...that's supposed to be a Stalker...?? Kill it with fire, for its own sake.

That i really bad, I assume that is fan made one? From the official art I think the worse ones are the card game ones. Like this poor Catapult that is pretending to be Mad Cat.

Only 10 mechs, and both boxes have Wolverine

Or this mr Noodle Hands.Not sure why but almost all of of card game pictures are utterly shit.

It was a hit to the LT, doing so on megamek with presumably stock rules, forget how I set the campaign. Regardless he walked up, fired 2 MLS, got an LL at him which missed. Very next turn, fired 2 MLs again and this time the LL hit him. Instantly set off the SRM ammo which was comepletely I used. So yeah died from the very first hit he took.

Ah, right. Cheers, user.

The fuck were they on before drawing that.

Somewhere I still have a bunch of those cards.

A classic.

Do we want a copy of the CCG cards on the booru? I mean, we have them easy for downloading. Opinions?

I see no reason not too, more art is always welcome.

I have nagging feeling that it would have been 12 mechs but the HG lawsuit scared CGL to drop two of the Shimmyseens off the box. I bet those where either Warhammer, Marauder, Phoenix Hawk and/or Wasp and Stinger. Why those? We have art work for those mechs that Shimmy made and also models of Shimmyseen Warhammer and Marauder where part of early demo CGL did last year.

[now you're playing Battletech.hpg]

t. former owner of a pristine Spider who was headcapped by an enemy Panther on an 11 browning shot.

Nope, check the hit tables. On the side hit tables, a 2 is TAC to the appropriate side torso instead of the CT.

Wait, they dropped the Warhammer from the box?

yes, shimmy flat out told us that's what happened

Herp to the derp, how could I have missed that?

Don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable to guess that several Shimmyseens were planned for the box and got canned. We have minis of the Marauder and Whammy from GenCon last year, they were probably intended for the box set.

Because like most of /btg/, you don't actually play BattleTech.

All right, on the way.

I do. But admittedly rarely, maybe 4 times in a year, and it's 90% shots to the front and the rest are usually rear.

Because it's actually not that easy to get side shots; the game considers pretty much the entire front half of the area around a mech to be the front, so you have to get more behind it than beside it for side hit location tables to be used. Because of this, you don't often see those tables since if you've flanked the target that much, you probably can get into its rear arc to smash in the weaker rear torso armor. And that's often (though not always) preferable to weighing your hits more towards one side.

Thats OF not /btg/. I would say more people on this thread plays BT if not on TT then in Megamek, than any of the staff of CGL and OF posters combined.

>not recognizing a shitpost when you see one.
I mean, your points are good and whatnot, but that guy was clearly shitposting. I think we're probably the most active BT community around, sad as that might be.

Pretty sure the Wolvie and Griffin are in the 1v1 box, and the Introbox is just the remaining 8 'Mechs split into 2 lances, actually.

This would be salvageable if the head didn't look like a Timber Wolf face poking out of a vagina during birth.

The second box is the remaining 7 mechs (there's only nine new sculpts), plus a Wolverine. For whatever reason, the Wolverine is in both boxes.

Search Facebook for Medron Pryde. You'll find him.

Huh, I actually didn't even notice that. They should have done the Griffin in the Introbox though; you need it to balance against the Awesome when making lances for play, otherwise whoever gets the Beemer is getting the shaft.

>assuming CGL can into balance
user, plz

To me it looks more like that Stalker has thrown a blanket over it's head like some old Eastern European granny.

Why did I do that. Why did I do that. Why did I do that.

Meh seen worse, atleast I got the answer what the fuck PRI means, and it's his personal AU that he seems to think is the official canon. Or am I getting it wrong?

kind of? he doesn't think his PRI AU is canon, but he DOES think that what amounts to a different AU of his is canon

To be fair, he's right if you're talking about the pre-Reunification TC. It was basically another successor state. But he's kinda wrong about everything else.

true, but he's just complete nonsense

In fairness, it does happen to everybody over a wide enough sample.

In the 2011 Bloodright Tourney, I was driving a Stooping Hawk F against a dude in a Stooping Hawk A on what were effectively salt flats. I'd taken two ERPPCs on 12's the turn turn before, both to my left torso, so I'd jumped into a Depth 1 water for partial cover and turned my other torso towards him after an 8 hex jump. He hits with one PPCs, again, on a 12. TACs the side torso. The side torso is full of stuff, with a single ammo crit (the only ammo crit on the Mech). He rolls 1 crit, and hits the ammo bin. I spend my only point of edge, and he rerolls and hits the bin. I fail my consciousness roll, fall into the water, (incidentally flooding the left torso) take a 1 point hit from the fall damage to my head, fail the breach check, and flood the cockpit. Fucking yay.

I've got a fair number of these. The only one that doesn't count is the guy who alpha-striked a Stormcrow B at me during the Kerensky Bloodright in 08, rolled "9" for ever weapon to-hit, hitting with all the lasers and both AC/20 shells, and hit the same location - "9" again - with every weapon. ...and who was DQ'd the next year for bringing the same pink dice and rolling all 9s again on somebody, and quit instead of letting the Demo Team water-check his dice.

Luck has to be with you to a certain extent to win. Tactics HELP, but ultimately if the dice say no, they say no. I got through the next-to-last round of the Hazen Bloodright with luck. Turn 1, UAC/10 shell hits his head, roll 2 crits. He edges the critical roll, I roll 2 crits again, and take out his cockpit. It happens.

I mean I’d be ok with losing the victor holding my company XO, as long as it wasn’t from the very first thing to damage him.

Fucker's crazier than a shithouse rat.

A universe where the pre-Reunification War TC is left intact would be neat. Without the impact of the RW on the Taurian psyche, you think they'd be Davion allies against the Liaos?

Anyone with shoop skills want to make a Taurian Concordat pic out of this?

>I've got a fair number of these. The only one that doesn't count is the guy who alpha-striked a Stormcrow B at me during the Kerensky Bloodright in 08, rolled "9" for ever weapon to-hit, hitting with all the lasers and both AC/20 shells, and hit the same location - "9" again - with every weapon. ...and who was DQ'd the next year for bringing the same pink dice and rolling all 9s again on somebody, and quit instead of letting the Demo Team water-check his dice.
Fuck that cheating bastard. I ran into a guy at Origins a few years back (named Scum, if you know him) who was using the known to be imbalanced CGL faction dice and rolled a disgusting number of boxcars against me all con long in the canon games. It was so bad that I outnumbered him, outgunned him, outplayed him, and still lost constantly. The Demo Team even noticed how bad it was and gave my side extra advantages (that didn't matter, his dice were so broken that we got an entire bonus assault lance in one game and STILL overwhelmingly lost). I lost 5-6 mechs in three days to improbably hard headshots. Fuck that guy.

Also, NEA, didn't you have that street sliding mech headcap? That was you, right?

are you serious about the dice thing?

Raven series mechs are my waifu

Out of curiosity, how old was that guy?

Well, I lost the con game. His Spider blundered into his bunker, and that was all she wrote. Still, I had fun. Time for a rematch, switching sides this time.

Gonna be playing the tabletop in a little bit. Anything to know about that can't be gleaned from memories of the Xbox game(s)?

From skimming the pastebon books, I'm assuming a nobledark universe, mechs are just better than tanks because, and nobility dickery.

Battletech hasn't been nobledark for ages, its full on grimdark these days.

Prepare for warcrimes with a second helping of warcrimes.

Oh hushabye, young edgelord.

>Without the impact of the RW on the Taurian psyche, you think they'd be Davion allies against the Liaos?
Could be, occasionally allies but never friends would probably be about the right relationship given their pre-RW history with each other

It just seems to me that culturally they seem more likely to be foes of the authoritarian Capellans than the Davions (who are rather like them).

>Also, NEA, didn't you have that street sliding mech headcap? That was you, right?

Yeah, that was me. I lost 6 Mechs in 5 turns without being shot at. I was in a scenario which forced the Mechs I had to use MASC to get to a board location in enough time. One Mech engaged MASC as it entered the board and blow both hips in the first hex. TACs to Executioner AC/20 bins, missed skidding checks resulting in headcaps, and skidding resulting in plowing into buildings and going facefirst into a 2-level basement.

Serious as a heart attack. Which is apropos, because the dude (probably in his late 20s in 2008) looked like he was about to have one. I'm about 80% sure it was this guy. Unfortunately, it's been 9 years and memories do fade. I haven't seen him back since GenCon 2009, though.

Fuck, forgot this.

Yes, I know Scum. He's appropriately-named. Although at least he bathes. If you ever play the Solaris VII tables, Gunner - the guy in the kilt - doesn't.

He seems to have mellowed on that point over the years. Most of the bitterness you'll hear in here comes from the ancient initial arguments which weren't conducted very well.

The HPG thing comes from a remark in the first edition RPG, saying ComStar doesn't do its usual services in the Periphery because communications equipment is in the hands of the independent alliances. From context, it may be talking about planetary and interplanetary communications rather than HPGs. Medron interpreting it as Taurian-operated HPGs isn't the silliest misreading I've seen fans do.

I don't know the shipyard thing specifically, but it probably comes from FM:Periphery saying the Capellans are helping the bulls repair a Vincent corvette, combined with the ludicrous industrial values from Combat Operations' "Inner Spere in Flames" game.

Gunner's the dude who sleeps in the event hall instead of getting a room at the con, right? Wears a kilt and leather vest or something, doesn't bathe, has poor hygiene to begin with? Met him at my very first con where I did BT stuff. Haven't seen him since. Hallelujah.

Oh yeah definitely they'd work together against the cappies, but the sun's were still raiding and generally fucking with them for centuries even before the RW, so I wouldn't expect them to be friends.

Nah, the "WarShips" thing comes from a reference in P1e to a taurian system with "warships", lowercase guarding the jump points. From other media of that era, it's pretty clearly referring to combat DropShips or maybe even armed JS, but medron insists that it means McKenna-type stuff

Oh I remember that one. Yeah I always assumed it meant gunships or assault dropships.

In the 3rd War, it's rare dedicated combat dropships like the Achiles that are referred to as warships in a few places.

First for smashing Kats pussy with a highlander.

So did I, and pretty much everyone BUT medron.

How many dedicated combat dropships are there? Pre-pocket warship, of course.

Which is why they're commonly called Pocket WarShips or IIRC Q-Ships.

They're between 10-12% of military dropships. Military dropships being something like 1% the number of cargo dropships. So a very tiny amount. When an Achilles or Vengeance shows up, you know shit is getting real.

Pocket Warship means you slap a capital or subcapital gun on a DS. Q-ships are cargo ships converted to gunships with the modifications hidden.

I know there are some mechs, like the War Dog and Bandersnatch, that are made for/by mercs. Are there any other ones that existed in the 3050s?

Pretty much anything on the "IS General" part of the MUL is going to be something Mercs can have/get. Usually they are about an era behind though so in the Jihad, most decent Mercs should be operating 3050s refits and 3055 machines, for example. Worse off units would still be Introteching around. Also how common something is is important too; rare units that are smattered about the IS are probably not going to be in many Merc outfits but the oddball Catapult or Cyclops or whatever is fine. But specifically FOR Mercs in that era? Not really. Clan Invasion was on, so the Houses were hoarding 'Mechs, and rightly so. The fact that 3055 even has machines meant for sale as such is sort of surprising and honestly a bit jarring. Shouldn't have been seeing that till the FCCW and that should have basically been the FWL selling shit to Mercs operating in the war.

The Cronus is one that comes to mind.

Praise the Dropzone Commander cardstock buildings from the starter kit

The FWLs seemed pretty ok, albeit what you'd expect for having to live around/be raised by Jessica Marik, who was no kind of crazy just... Jessica Marik. Which makes sense, as their progenitor/institutional founder was literally Thomas Mariks prosthetic sane brain.

Is it strange that the nu-FWL's most appealing trait was that if you survived their treachery, they graciously act like it never happened, instead of doubling down on getting you killed as a kind of sunk cost thing?

Soooo... fighting in Detroit?

To be fair, the Bandersnatch is, like the Cronus, at heart just a significant variant of an existing chassis built in a garage, which is nowhere near unreasonable.
Also, isn't the war dog a dragoon product? They've always kind of done whatever the fuck they want, to hell with logic

anybody got the picture handy where the used mech salesman is trying to pass off the damaged rakshasa as a timber wolf?

what might an azami/arkab company look like?

Ayo, only South Detroit really looks like that anymore. And... maybe the areas around the Fox. And like a good portion of some areas off Woodward.