Connected to TopGearNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>The_Joy_Of_Cruisin.trid
>Jump_In_Or_Stay_Slow.sim
>Flying_Vehicles__Advice?.thread
>Boats.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 135 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'I'M ON A BOAT MOTHERFUCKER'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Spirit_Assisted_Vehicles.BTL...

>Drive straight
>Conserve gas
>Do not buy CGL tires
>And never, ever cut off a dragon

Need For Speed Edition
What's your ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ltlPINPn8UU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Scooter for Life!
Go on runs AND deliver Pizza. Double the Money.

>ride
laughinghorsementorspiritadepts.trid

First session was last night, right now most of the group has their own bike. Our apparent driver is working on a Roadmaster, and I know a guy in a town car service when we need to be inconspicuous. Pretty standard for a runner team.

Our team's rigger drives a Charger. It's a little cramped with all of us in it, and about as unsubtle as you can get, but it's got fucking style.

E resources life

I can't drive!

Oy chummers,
for my next Session my runners will have to extract a very special victim. A blackberry cat.
How fucked are they? Or how evil should I be?

Swing for the cat 'adopting' the person least able to resist it. You don't keep a blackberry cat as a pet, they keep you. GM fiat it, too - Pass notes indicating that he should advocate for turning in ANOTHER cat. Any cat. Any other cat. And get some catnip.

The cat takes liking to shadowrunners. It's very affectionate, lets them carry it, even purrs.

Treat it as a session of Paranoia. There are all the warning signals, but nothing goes wrong... for now. Make them roll for something and then "hmm" meaningfully, over-explain everything in the room, composure checks to not pet the cat with an ever-increasing threshold...

Then, after they drop off the cat at Johnsons, it appears at their porch the next day, Johnson apparently suffering an accident. The fun has just began.

youtu.be/ltlPINPn8UU

How could you hate these two, user? Look at their love.

This is really Good avice!
I never thought of going that angle

What book is blackberry cat in?

Running Wild (4e)
AFAIK it wasn't ported

>18/27 defense dice
>still get hit by bullets

Have you tried caring about your life?

Use cover, avoid getting shot, dispatch your enemies rapidly, stay out of the line of fire unless you absolutely need to be there.

>parents both have black hair
>kid has blond
hmmm

Which a bit unlikely but quite possible in case both have a parent with blonde genes.
Don't get your education from /pol/, it's a shitty teacher.
I also remember that the fatty used to have blonde hair, but that might have been bleached, or his new hair is dyed, or BioWare transplant, who knows.

this is very common in white kids, the hair darkens with age

It took a body double and a lot of time but I finally got my chance to eat a traitorous Mr. Johnson.

Feels great man

It can happen. It's rare, but people can have traits re-emerge from previous ancestors.

>not having a child who is a near-perfect reproduction of your own qualities
>not executing your wife and her child anyway at the slightest whiff of infidelity
>being this much of a cuckold

How does an Anthroform Drone AI go about remaining undetected in metahuman society?

pretend to be an edgy go-ganger who never takes off his helmet.
Don't let anybody find out that you in fact do not spend your free time go-ganging, and instead listen to soft music while pruning plants.

Claim to be a actually a paraplegic paranoid rigger

Or get "realistic features 4" and the appropriate software + a synthskin facemask and Altskin nanoware for when you all go together to the beach/nudist party/sauna.

Or it could just be that in a world of future tech, and living in a kind of counter culture, they let their kid dye their hair.

Eight sessions later and Urubia and Kalanyr are dead, impaled at the behest of the cat who now runs a criminal empire that essentially rules Seattle.
Paranormal Animals of Europe. Catnip addiction, compulsion/influence powers. Mentioned in fluff as keeping you as a pet.

>pretend to be a remote rigger
This is a good one. Just be sure to mention that you have a meat body you water and walk occasionally. Nobody spends ALL their time jacked in. At least not for long, anyway.

I have the best solution.
Find a coma patient. Preferably one with no family.
Acquire the coma patient.
Keep the coma patient in your hideout.
Regularly tend to the coma patient.
Tell everyone it's your meat body.
Nobody will ever see through this until the day your meat body gets up and walks out. Then, you can act as surprised as the rest of them.

There is no way this wouldn't get turned into a product and sold to families. "For just ten thousand nuyen, we'll find a shadowrunner who needs a fake meat body and let them care for your relative in comfort and safety, for when a Renraku Family Hospital is out of your price range."

And then charge the runner 10k for the sourcing. Deliver the body, total expenditure probably like 500 nuyen for fuel, vehicle depreciation, wages, advertising.

Wait, you ATE him? That's one way to send a message.

>not exclusively eating Johnsons.
I prefer Mexican.

>do character creation
>the driver doesnt own a car
>the rigger bought more bullets than the street sam and bought wired cables despite doing WIRELESS hacking
>the wizard hates nonhumans and nonwhites when the game takes place in japan
>im a japanese elf to boot

You can't say shit like that and not give us the whole story you attention whoring fuck.

Storytime!

If you were to pear down the massive beast that is the shadowrun equipment list into just the items you thought were necessary to the standard game what would those items be?

Commlink
Main weapon
Pistol
Knife
Ammo for weapons

>*tusken raider battle-cry intensifies*

Commlink, autopicker, maglock sequencer, maglock passkey, bird drone, crowbar, trauma slap patches, browning high power, zoe executive suite suit.

>the wizard hates nonhumans and nonwhites when the game takes place in japan
So he's in character?

Commlink
Fake SIN
Gun
Ammo
Knife
Armor
Medkit
Vehicle
Credstick

>"My friend, my last Johnson tried to betray me. I stir fried him with some soy noodles, mixed veggies, peppers, and kung pao sauce, with a nice sake. I ate like a king for a week. Don't tempt me to repeat that. - Dong Liu, AKA "Cannibal Johnson", active bounty 500,000 ¥ on multiple counts of murder, terrorism, grand theft, descrating a corpse, corporate espionage, and murder of Knight Errant officers while resisting arrest, as well as one count of confirmed cannibalism and one count public urination.

I'm starting to get to the point where I have multiple armor sets to juggle around. Is it possible to transfer upgrades between one to the other?

Montezuma's Revenge indeed.

Generally no.

If you're trans would getting a sex change raise your Essence? Since it's making your body fit what you're supposed to be.

IIRC, sex changes cost no Essence. They used to cost like 0.2E until someone noticed the >implications and a stink got raised, now it's a 0 Essence thing.

I remember some user suggesting a homebrewed Negative Quality for Sexual Dysphoria, which would reduce one's Essence by 1 until it was corrected by surgery, magic, or other means.

You just know there's some highschooler with business sense, a ShadowTumblr account and some minor magic who is busy using Suggestion (Gender dysphoria) and a 'swap gender' spell on his classmates in exchange for a 'small fee'.

Then lets it wear off after he gets bored of sustaining it and offers to cast again. For another slightly larger fee.

I go for the in between route: it does mess with essence do to the dysphoria but it creates an essence hole. Once the whole is there it costs no essence to get the change but the hole never goes away, the best you can do is fill it with cool cyberware.
Anyone that just gets the change for shits and gigs gets the .2essence cost.

6 Depth
WTLM
Eguhi Smile
Realistic Features 4
Electromagnetic Shielding
Multi-Fuel engine
Pilot Origins Quality
Thete's a few more, but that should be enough to disguise yourself as metahuman to everyone except Great Dragons. Maybe even then.

I've been strongarmed by my local group to run Shadowrun 5, and in Glorious Nippon to boot.
I have never touched Shadowrun with a 10 foot pole (though am vaguely familiar with basic cyberpunk concepts) and the closest I've ever gotten to Japanese culture was reading Death Note.
/srg/, give me a crash course in what the fuck I'm doing while I try to cram the rulebook and supplements the size of a phonebook into my head.

And no, "kill your players for picking Shadowrun 5" is not an option, though it has been suggested multiple times elsewhere.

Food fight.

If book-keeping is an issue, Do the 'one hit kill' rule for mooks. Cuts down on book keeping. Write down common modifiers - weather, visibility, etc. Be strict with background counts - most places in most major cities fluctuate between 1-3, depending on the context. Use and abuse the mooks in the back of the book, the ones as PR examples. They're great for it.

Read Corporate Enclaves and Shadows of Asia, they're the best ones for GRORIOUS NIPPON.

>Running in Japan

Why the fuck would you do that?
Its literally "hurr durr absolutely no guns allowed, not even tasers" shittery. So, if you don't have a group that solemly consists of melee fighters and awakened characters, you'll frustrate several of your players quite fast.

>Why the fuck would you do that?
>I've been strongarmed

Then either switch to Asia or put the whole "no guns allowed" shittery into the dumpster.

A few other hints for newbie GMs:

- ban Quickening Metamagic
- ban Mindcontrol Magic
- keep it simple, stupid. Most tests can be resolved as either Attribut + Attribut or Attribute + Skill vs a threshold or an opposed roll. Modifiers are cute and all, but not always necessary, you can happily skip all of them that aren't gear-related and save tons of time.
- keep it to the core book for starters
- players need to know the subset of the rules they are using.

Eh, fuck i meant "switch to Hong Kong".

Yekka!
The Cyberspine and the upgrades are locked at Standart quality only

Working as intended, as best I'm aware.

>Modifiers are cute and all, but not always necessary, you can happily skip all of them that aren't gear-related and save tons of time.
alternatively, just keep in mind that a modifier of 3 adds/removes one hit on average.
So if you have circumstances that would make an easy test (Threshold 1. Like shooting a stationary target) into a hard test (Threshold 3-4) you can just give them a -6 penalty (Total Darkness, or Moderate Smoke and Moderate Glare, or similar)

>Its literally "hurr durr absolutely no guns allowed, not even tasers" shittery.
Even Neo Tokyo isn't quite that.

I admit my german is not the best but from what I've read in SoADL all parts of the packet start as alphaware and saw nothing about not being able to get them at higher quality

>If you're trans would getting a sex change raise your Essence? Since it's making your body fit what you're supposed to be.

Have you ever had a marriage in your shadowruns?
Who did the players fall for? How did it go?

Noob here. Me and my group love the setting but barely any of us can get our head around the rules. Is there any starter guide out there?

If "attribute+skill+/-modifiers' is wonky for you, you ight want to try another system. Otherwise, there's the quick start guide in the pastebin.

Talk to your GM.

Boring ass Van at the moment, saving for a Catalina. It's not too much of a stretch, we know a dude who has an airfield.

What are some things that a burned ex-Firewatch operator would have? Can be big or small street gear stuff. This is an NPC so don't worry too much about availability. I've already got him trained in Firefight and knowledge about paranormal threats and shit, and I know to give him mostly Ares weapons.

Do we have stats for firewatch?

I'd try looking to the statblock, and get as close to that loadout as possible given the guy's current situation. Maybe a few modifications for his personal preferences.

Slamm-0!'s wife must be above reproach.

It's like Shadow Quest all over again, where the players get to write the responses.

Eh. Slamm-O was blonde in 4e, but at the same time he's statted as having mood hair in at least on area. Netcat's definitely a turboslut though, with the chocolatey brown nipples thing. One of their writers has a real problem with that phrase.

Now, having defended CGL, it's time for me to take the only honorabu way out and neck myself.

Absolutely not.

All SotA: ADL Suits are supposed to be Alphaware.

How would you feel if the ol witch-y mage you run with gave you all bag-lunches at the start of runs and planning sessions?

Politely decline. I'm an adult, dammit! I'm also mute, so maybe she wouldn't catch on.

I accept graciously, and escalate by buying donuts for post-run celebrations

Whether magical or mundane, Firewatch guys are supposed to be absolute top tier, like SAS or Delta of our world, so expect them to have the best training, gear and ware/spells money can buy. They are the people the corp sends when important assets are at stake and failure is not an option, and the character should reflect that.

>Netcat's definitely a turboslut though, with the chocolatey brown nipples thing.
What

I think he's confusing her with Daviar, who in one novel got described with "dusky brown nipples"

Its the story related to the picture earlier in the thread, someone trolls netcat with erotic fanfiction so she and slammo! go after him.

I just mean stuff like Magic and the Matrix, it's so hard to figure out.

Well, for Magic:
SPELLCASTING
Choose your spell
Choose the Force you want it to have
Choose the target
Roll [MAG+Spellcasting+-Modifiers]d6
count the hits, take the lower of your force and your hits
compare to hits on opponent's test or Threshold
resolve the spell
Resist Drain equal to F+(Spell dependent number) (5e) or F/2 +(spell dependent number) (4e), which is Stun if F=MAG

SUMMONING
Choose the spirit you want
Choose the Force you want it to have
Roll MAG+Summoning+Modifiers vs. F of the Spirit
In 5e take the lower of Force and Your hits
if you have more hits than the spirit you have summoned it with (your hits - it's hits) services owned
Resist Drain equal to twice the Spirit's hits, Stun if F=MAG

And for the Matrix:
Who the fuck knows?

>implying trannies are supposed to be whatever they think they are
>implying anyone is supposed to be anything but what they are

Is 2.09 ESS and 72600¥ not the correct values? Can you cite RAW that they don't work in the same way as the other existing cybersuites in which they're treated as being locked at standard grade and can't otherwise be upgraded or altered?

>Entsprechend sind Bodytech-Kom-
>plettpakete aus der ADL eher am oberen Ende des Quali-
>täts- und Preisspektrums für Bodyware zu finden. Alle hier
>vorgestellten Komplettpakete bestehen aus Alphaware.
translated:
>Thus the Bodytech-Suites from the ADL are closer to the top end of the
>quality and price spectrum for Bodyware. All presented Suites are consisting
>of Alphaware
SotA:ADL page 80

It's not really that crazy to be honest. It's mostly just satisfying.

>Be me, a junkie corporate wannabe who feeds ghouls homeless people and junkies in exchange for their servitude in a makeshift gang
>Get called out from Chicago (what's left of it anyways) to go to Denver and deal with some corporate bullshit
>Get ambushed on arrival by cunts in black armor, lose our driver and boogie on out of there while snipers take potshots at us
>Ordered by Mr. Johnson to burn everything we had with us
>Take care of that and rest for a day, consolidate our group
>Asked by Mr. Johnson to do a milk run while we wait for evac and operations on his side
>Go into a fancy place and extract a target. No obvious weapons, low collateral damage, lots of money, the classic Mr. Johnson rigmarole
>I specifically ask him if he's neglecting to inform us of anything
>He just smiles and says no
>Surprise surprise
>It's a setup
>Lone Star patrols show up outside just as we stumble into a quadruple murder suicide
>After giving my grapple gun to my partner, I proceed to go ham with my arm blades and cripple at least four guards for life, taking one as a human shield
>Flee into the alleys and get chased by a Lone Star officer
>After a brutal fight with him in the alleys and a timely intervention by the party's ninja, we flee into the night
>Thus, it begins

Oh, cool, lay it on me user

Do I need the Ride skill to mount up and roll out on the back of a spirit?
Assuming I've called up a hellish steed as a Spirit of Fire and the body/strength are close enough to an actual horse for it to support my weight, is it being sapient enough for me to not need a skill to ride on its back (at the cost of a Service, of course)

>After fleeing into the darkness and losing our car to a self destruct sequence, we wander out of the city and into a nearby bar where the Rigger has a contact
>This troll bartender dude offers to let us sleep at his place for a bit, and promises us a hookup to help us get out of Denver
>This hookup winds up being a dude who needs some help getting into an office building.
>We're very leery of this, but I manage to talk everyone else into doing the run as quickly as possible
>We head to the office building and slip in easily
>We manage to get into the server room we need, and the guy we're with reveals himself as a decker. We just need to take out the Spider
>I head off to distract the guards, citing my soy allergy and threatening them with liability lawsuits if they don't show me where the nearest can of real coffee is (I actually just wanted some coffee because it was so early in the morning)
>Everyone else gets the door open to the Spider's chamber and go in to blow his head off
>A guard I'm not distracting calls one of us out and asks for our identification
>The ninja feebly attempts to bullshit
>I just push him aside and walk deeper into the room
>The guard follows
>I try to draw my arm blades (and fail my Palming check), and the guard gets spooked
>After murderizing him and using him for a human shield while me and the ninja and our rigger's drone hand take out the rest of the guards, we consolidate our position, cut the elevator cables, search for weapons (none)
>I take a guard's decapitated head and carry it into an office while I search for an employee
>Open one door really forcefully and hear a squeak beneath the desk
>Toss the head behind the desk
>Push the desk forwards until I feel it stop
>Ask them very politely to come out
>An elf business lady comes out
>Human shield aquired
>Just as I take her out into the hallway, the door bursts open and a security team steps in, led by none other than Mr. Johnson himself.

>We go back and forth for a bit, talking shit to one another about one thing or the next
>Finally I break his patience, and out of nowhere he asks what the office lady's name is
>She answers Josie, and he says "Well Josie, I want to thank you for your dutiful service and-"
>I shut him up with a full auto burst fired through her coat, hitting him twice and causing the security team to scatter.
>I throw Josie out of the way and take cover, firing back
>Our troll mage comes up on approach as I ready a flashbang and pop some Kamikaze
>I toss the flashbang and he hits them with Chaotic World
>-8 dice on everything for them
>I empty my magazine into the one man who resisted it and charge Mr. Johnson down
>I cap my Physical limit and bury my arm blade into his throat
>He tries to shoot me in the face with a Dead Man's Trigger, but fails and just discharges it next to my ear
>I take this chance to bite his face and rip open his cheek, and the two of us go to the ground
>The rest of the team mops up as I tear his neck and face open with my teeth in a frenzy
>Decapitate his body and carry his head around for the entirety of our escape
>Get back in the car and turn on my internal commlink to record video
>Wiggle the head on my arm blade so the jaw flaps while I speak for it ("My name is Shane, and I fucked up royal. I screamed when I died!") and uploading it to not!LiveLeak
>The troll asks that we not carry that around, so the other Face of the party blasts it to pieces with his shotgun fist

I was expecting some Hannibal Lector shit, but this is pretty rad.

>We manage to get transport out of there, but it turns out that we've been had and that Mr. Johnson was a body double
>Now he's coming for us at the hideout and we gotta get ready for a clusterfuck
>We take up positions away from the rest of the battle, and proceed to fight off some high octane spec ops motherfuckers
>While everyone else stays hidden or lays traps, I use my Barret 122 from the top of nearby buildings
>We're informed of a mobile command center, one that's been identified as Colonel Johnson's personal carrier
>Fuckyea.jpg
>Move in on it, take up sniping position on the top of a building nearly 300 meters away
>As the rest of the team attacks from another angle, I shoot out the windshield and kill the drivers
>Spend my entire next turn setting up my grapnel gun
>Fire it into the driver's cabin
>Zipline towards that bitch
>As I go, the ninja detonates the plastic explosives he's placed on the vehicle without telling any of us, nearly throwing me from the wire
>I land in and find not nine fully armed men greeting me, but two severely wounded men still strapped into their seats, and a very wounded Mr. Johnson
>Kill both of the wounded men and turn on my commlink, recording Mr. Johnson as he stands up
>He shoots a burst at me and it just skitters off my armored suit
>I start screeching with laughter and charge him
>Knock the gun out of his hands and throw it away
>Pin his arm after some difficulty and bite his pointer finger off
>He sticks me in the chest with a knife
>I'm too drugged out to even notice, and gun down the next conscript who peeks their head into the command center
>He survives and flees, and I have to shoot him in the back
>Turn around to see Mr. Johnson running for the hills
>Chase him down across the battlefield and finally catch up to him.
>Tackle him and knock him to the ground
>Struggle a little more
>Grab him by the hair and make him look into my eyes
>"The only one here who's expendable is you"
>Bite his face off

I haven't uploaded the final six minutes of Colonel Johnson's life to the Matrix yet, simply because I worry about his boss tracing me with it, but it's still in my commlink and has been shared with the rest of the group as "HorrorMovieMonster.trid"

I'd like some of that as well but I don't like to sit down and play Hostel while everyone else in the group is there to play Shadowrun. Cannibalistic ultraviolence is best committed in moments of desperation and screeching passion

>Is 2.09 ESS and 72600¥ not the correct values?

This is the correct value in the book.
BUT!
The value in the book is for Alphaware.

So give me the actual values for standard and I'll alter the forcegrade.

Any particular reason why she's armed with WW2 era guns?

Question about invisibility.
The spell says it affects the target's mind, but not cameras. What about cyber eyes? What about smart-links?
If a man was looking through a live security feed, would he see the mage, or would she only show up on a recording after the spell has ended?

hold on a second, /g/ is supposed to be in my other tab

Because she's fighting the good fight against the Gerries?
He'd see the mage.