/bgg/ Board Game General

Previous Thread
>Map
zeemaps.com/map?group=2658308#

>Pastebin
pastebin.com/3ZbrVRMu

What's your favorite game to play currently?
Which 2018 release are you most excited for?

Other urls found in this thread:

calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/yawning
mega.nz/#!uqgzSYZb
mega.nz/#!uqgzSYZb!cQD_wzddDv7aBz5qQT8OiC_TpIVVamo-x9bzV-GChf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first!

>What's your favorite game to play currently?
Definitely Mythic Battles: Pantheon. We all really like it and the battles are always awesome and epic and a ton of fun.

>Which 2018 release are you most excited for?
Probably the international version of Space Explorers.

We had quite a few so far! Also sold out animal upon animal and rhino hero already so holy shit thanks for that recommendation /bgg/!

Prepping for the evening rush now.

I'm mostly curious will Monolith Arena be just Neuroshima reskin.

Asking again:
Anyone know some online shop that ships internationally and doesn't rip your head off with the shipment costs?

That'll depend on the country you're shipping to.

Any good board game movies?

A shitty 3rd world south american country. It seems most of the options I get focus on being fast instead of being cheap

Good shit user.

Any plans for big tournaments or something? My local place did a cribbage tournament and they also do star wars destiny and magic the gathering stuff. They seems to really pack the place up when they host stuff like that.

Ethnos was a hit with my group for its ease of play and variable powers.

Right now - Helionox, but I've got Near & Far + Mines of Amber, and the Too Many Bones Kickstarters coming later this year too.

Unfortunately most places don't like shipping to S.A. because of the unreliability of the postal service in certain areas. Things 'go missing' more than they should. Some of the price increase might be insurance.

Yeah, but some couriers (UPS,etc) do reach here and the shipping price is similar or even lower than things like USPS. I got one game from Amazon eu with such a delivery at a price that seemed reasonable, but the selection there is very small.

Yeah, unless Amazon has some kind of deal with delivery services every game shipped overseas won't be cheap to get in S.A. Sometimes items stocked and sold by Amazon US will be shipped at no cost to local warehouses to be delivered charging local rates, but I believe that varies depending on the country.

OK that question wasn't supposed to have an answer, much less a correct one

I probably only play board games like once a month but I love thinking and talking about them. I have anxiety and sometimes even when I don't consciously feel anxious, my body is slightly on edge and I start yawning and all day I can't quite catch my breath. Sometimes it manifests more obviously, complete with unhealthy, panicky thought patterns and so on.

Anyway, board games help a lot, and in particular, those hour-long Dice Tower Top Ten lists and these threads help a lot, and I swear that both are part of why I've been able to make so much progress in getting my shit together and starting to have a life, improve my mental health, and so on.

So, thanks, /bgg/.

snagged this yesterday for dirt cheap so its a win regardless but the question I have: Is it any good? Keisling isnt bad, I love Azul despite the simplicity. ahvent played anything else of his.

Guess I'll just overpay forever

Man, that's not exclusive to you. Yokohama costs like twice as much in Europe as it does in the US. International just tends to be a pain in the ass for boardgames.

Totally unrelated to this user but I'd like opinions on another viking game too.

I feel ya bro. I have mild social phobia and can't stand large groups of people. Boardgames give me a way to socialize without being overwhelmed.

I'm glad they help you too!

Are there hive puzzles the same way there are chess puzzles?

I wanna git gud at hive.

I personally recommend downloading one of the digital apps and playing against the hard AI or whatever level AI you want.

Dunno about normal puzzles though.

Been there friend; I got my anxiety problem under control before coming back to the hobby but going to conventions (especially Gencon) helped get me comfortable in awkward situations again.

>sometimes even when I don't consciously feel anxious, my body is slightly on edge and I start yawning and all day I can't quite catch my breath. Sometimes it manifests more obviously, complete with unhealthy, panicky thought patterns and so on.
It sounds like you need to sleep a bit more m8.

Somebody throw some good dice games my way that aren't King of Tokyo. Looking to replace it in my collection as I don't really like it. I like giant monsters but I think I'm going to grab Terror in Meeple City for that itch.

How's Dice Town?

I get plenty of sleep. I've been diagnosed with anxiety and I take medicine for it.

Anxiety causing yawning and shortness of breath is a thing:

calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/yawning

See people are talking about crazy shipping prices.

I'm currently trying to buy Anachrony+Expansion they have a good deal on their website currently only 100$ for both and free shipping in UK and USA.
Decide to check how expensive it would be to ship it to Iceland. 150$ for shipping. The taxes will calculate shipping prices with the price of the product. that would be extra 60 dollars in taxes.
In total it would cost me 310$.
For 210$ I could fly to the Uk and pick up the game and fly back with a rbnb room for one night and would not have to pay taxes.

Roll for the galaxy is enjoyable
Zombie dice is a great feather weight time waster
Ditto for dungeon dice
I've heard people say they enjoyed quarriors but I have no personal input on that one

Roll for the Galaxy
Dice Forge
Sagrada
Roll Player
King of New York (if you're looking for an exact replacement)

Adding Bang! The Dice Game to this list as well

It should be spelt B-O-R-E-D

Rent a PO box, order a year's worth of games then go get em yourself or get someone who's traveling to bring you a couple back. I've had a few things delivered to my brother's hotel when he's traveling on business.

This gets better every time it's reposted. I'm in stitches.

I hope that you do not pay this site money.

>I hope that you do not pay this site money.
What? I just Googled the symptom and the associated problem and copied and pasted the first result to show that it was a known association. I'm too lazy to find you a peer-reviewed study or anything of the sort.

Do you exercise 2/3 times a week, eat well and sleep 8+ hours a day?

>exercise 2/3 times a week
Yeah. I run. Working my way to a 10k. I know that's not a huge deal but it's something that will mean a lot to me personally.
>eat well
Not great, not terrible. Improving though.
>sleep 8+ hours a day?
Never less than 7. I average about 8.

I'm 30 and I've been dealing with this shit since I was 8 years old, though. I'm not in this thread asking for a second opinion.

Hey man, South America here. 365games shipping rates are low, but it takes some 2~3 months for stuff to get here. Can't you find any local re-sellers to get your stuff? They buy in bulk and get lower shipping costs anyway.

>but it takes some 2~3 months for stuff to get here
Do they have a paraplegic swim across the ocean and crawl down to you?

Local resellers a shit. Even importing with the worst inflated ratios is still $100 cheaper than what the local jews want to get out of me, except for games that are very small/light.
I'll check out 365.

You linked a fucking fraud site that says not to do the shit you actually do, my man.

Hell if I know. I've heard some people say that it actually arrives somewhat quickly in the country and the local couriers just sit on it for weeks. Seems likely.

Yeah, I just looked some stuff up and resellers over here are often charging literally double the MSRP. They are not that bad if the games cost under $30, otherwise it's a fucking joke.

Yep, we have a tournament scheduled for every month at least.

We'll also be doing FNM, DnD adventure league, Game Developer night, and Role Play night.

The first tournament is goign to be in 2 week, we're doing carcassone base set.

Has anyone here played adel verpflichtet?

its okay other vikinganon, one day they may reply to us

>Check 365games
>Only $3 for international shipping
What is this god damn sorcery

Woo! First day was $515 in sales! 40 people came in, 27 stayed to play games today (most people though soft open meant they couldn't play games yet)

Good times!

May fortune smile upon your endeavors, StoreAnon

Good to hear. Hope you enjoy more success!!!

What do you guys offer in store?

Terra mystica or eldritch horror. Masks of nyarlathotep

Putinland

Try either 365games (cheap shipping , high game prices. Good for buying a single game) or miniaturesmarket (low game prices, expensive shipping, but still lower than amazon, and gets cheaper if you buy in bulk)

Good luck for the future, senpai

Played The Gallerist in an art gallery with the gallerist of the gallery last night, so there one item checked of the bucket list.

How's the game? Been hearing good things about it.

I'm happy for that user who's starting a FLGS, but does anybody know how I can make enough money part time in a board-game-related way to pay for my spending on the hobby so that I can save the money from my full-time job? I have enough to live on right now but it's a bit tight for buying new board games.

You're joking, but I think it DOES actually get funnier every time!

get a part-time job in an FLGS or get some kickstarter games and sell on ebay for profit

>check 365games out
>delivery per item is £2.99 per item
>yesplease.exe
>check shipping by country
>no deliveries to my shithole south american country
of course they don't fucking ship here, why would anyone?

fuck

Really good. Nice and heavy without being bogged down in rules minutiae once you get into the swing of things.

1. stop buying games
2. kickstart 3 copies of everything

anything else takes more time than your full time job and doesn't pay as well

>inb4 hurr durr storing KS copies for 6 months on a shelf is so much work

It's kind of a gamble too, if the game is ass then you'll be stuck with 3 copies of ass

but then again, fools, money, soon parted and such

>It's kind of a gamble too
it's not, they're all ass. and you can't expect to sell everything, the hot ones triple or more, you triple your profits on those because 3 copies, and absorb the occasional ass game that nobody wants.

it's not going to be 100% win, and it's not about owning anything or your collection or what is good.

$5 cover and you can play any of the games we have for the rest of the day.

excuse my shitty ass penmanship, but heres the menu It's being redone by a professional already

We also have two 8'x5' tables for wargaming, a private room with barn doors and 3 cameras set up so people inside can stream to twitch.

We will have at least 1 tournament a month for different games, and the winner gets to have their name added to the banner of their choice. Additionally, they can create their own symbol for a new banner, and get free entry for the next month.

Your hand-writing is fine. It's legible. My wife's a doctor and has horrible hand writing. One of our neighbors is too, and I was giving him a hard time since his handwriting is crap as well. My wife calls me out on it, at least until I pointed out he was also a doctor. Then she's like "Oh, I guess that does explain it."

It costs $3 to get tea-bagged at user's place? But user, I can get that for free in any game of Counter-Strike...

>3 dollaryroos for a teabag

Canada fun bucks tho.

Also its rather expensive tea. 15 bag for 30 from my distributor.

user is from Canada, so they're loonerydoos, which is more like $0.75 right?

At least Canada still uses good quality paper money, and not that plastic Australian stuff.

But their banks do issue polymer notes

All the best mate! I hope your business flourishes.

keep on going StoreAnon

would visit your Store if i wasn't a Europoor

Anyone try out GKR yet? Thoughts?

>Semi interested, not enough to back
>See it released, nearby meta playing it, showing it off
>everything is black and white (the buildings near enough) except for the robots, which are brightly colored

I never realized how ugly this is to look at until I saw it in person. What an eyesore. Anyone have insight on why the devs did it this way?

Yeah, the board is obnoxiously greyscale, thought the plastic buildings are a little better once you decal them up. Best oncan figure they just wanted the colored figured to pop better, but it's backfired on them pretty bad.

It just seems like...a prototype or something. Half finished maybe?

Local store is selling a copy of the KS for like 210. Ive given it some thought, especially after watching some recent reviews, but meh. I've already got waaaay too many miniature games that need attention, don't really need another.

Besides, I've got friends dropping off stuff like gloomhaven and all that jazz all the time anyways, which is supposed to be crazy hard to find or something, not that I really want it anyways. I'll just wait and see if GKR shows up for sale at an agreeable price and I'll just go from there.

How's the combat? Is it fun? Do you like it?

I think it looks fine desu. If anything it's the player boards that seem too drab.

Haven't played a real game yet, but having fucked around with the rules and some solo play for a while, I'm pleasantly surprised with most of it. It's still dice combat, but mitigation elements are both quite available and strong, and base hit odds are quite high, especially with good positioning - which makes the maneuver and area control elements feel much closer to something you'd see in an abstract or more deterministic game than I was expecting.

Armor saves are the Achilles heel so far, every point of damage just has a straight up 1/3 chance of not happening, which is a wide enough probability to be really swingy.

Maybe. I'm tempted to give them a wash.

>Maybe. I'm tempted to give them a wash.
I think going by that pic the only thing that really really jumps out at me are:
>the actual hexes have pretty thin outlines
>the 'neutral' bots should be colored, them being grey doesn't work
>the player boards look shitty

Everything else seems fine. I think the grey board and colourful mechs does work, they pop out.

The hex outlines are REALLY thin, I was worried about that when I pulled the board out, but after getting stuff on the table and populating it with buildings it feels fine, some reference points make a big difference there, you'd have to try to misplace something or have trouble counting range at a glance.

Strongly agree on the neutrals, if units are supposed to pop vs the board, they all need to. Might do them in a purple or red, but I'm going to be pissed if we then get an expansion in that color.

Good for you man, long may it continue

>Might do them in a purple or red, but I'm going to be pissed if we then get an expansion in that color.

maybe black? seems unlikely an expansion would go that color

Actually a really good idea, since all the others use a color+black scheme, and neutrals wear a color-coded flag when under player control.

They aren't puzzles but check this out

mega.nz/#!uqgzSYZb

I backed Thunderstone Quest at the Champion level and it arrived Thursday. I just got done sleeving that bad boy. It took over 1600 sleeves but it is done.

Didn't put too much into my buildings, as wanted to play it that weekend. Grid on the board is terrible though, need to ink that better I think.

Was good, rules are certainly streamlined and it was fun. Only issue is working out what weapons to pick, would have been nice to have a quick-start game somewhere.

Primed and a quick drybrush of grey, will paint them when I do the painter's edition shit.

Gorgeous, I'll probably try for something very similar.

Damn, Kemet was a lot of fun, but each game has felt really short when we play for 8 victory points. Are we simply too aggressive or is it better to play for 10 points?

Am thinking the neutral bots will end up either in Hapsi colours or one of the other brands. Lil buddy will be buddyfinder coloured and branded.

Needs a decryption key.

Fun idea, but I'm garbage enough with paint that I'll probably stick to dark gunmetal with a lighter wash.

I had a friend who sweared by it. It's not particularly thematic, but it has a neat rondel mechanism I believe.

My bad, first time using mega. This should work

mega.nz/#!uqgzSYZb!cQD_wzddDv7aBz5qQT8OiC_TpIVVamo-x9bzV-GChf8

There's a few I love and would recommend:
Roll Player - really cool if you like trying to build an rpg character
Fallen - 2-player, highly thematic dice duel cyoa, but probably expensive to find
CV - Dice plus a theme akin to the Sims
Marco Polo - If dice placement is your thing this is awesome
Dicey Peaks - simpler push-your-luck climb the mountain dice game

I've never tried Dice Town so I can't comment on that