What are you signs that you're in a dead-end campaign. Red flags?

What are you signs that you're in a dead-end campaign. Red flags?

>'quirky behaviour'
>people who won't RP
>interrupting
>GM who won't take control

>in a campaign with OP

>Everyone just ho hums about and shows no interest in being proactive in anything

>memes

>Disregarding any sort of progression for 'zany antics'/ale and whores
>'just playing my alignment bro'

>lets first bump

>"You all meet in a tavern."

Translation: "You all have no reason to know or trust eachother, let alone work together. The campaign has no premise until something happens to threaten your lives, and even then once the immediate danger has passed nobody has any reason to NOT just fuck off back to their regular lives as normal. Also the DM probably gives zero shits about the backstory he asked you to write, since it's not being used here."

>Translation: "You all have no reason to know or trust eachother, let alone work together. The campaign has no premise until something happens to threaten your lives, and even then once the immediate danger has passed nobody has any reason to NOT just fuck off back to their regular lives as normal. Also the DM probably gives zero shits about the backstory he asked you to write, since it's not being used here."
^

Bonus points if he introduces the players in ways that they're expected to be enemies to each other (i.e. Player 1 is here to arrest or assassinate Player 2).

>"This is going to be a sandbox-style campaign."
>This is going to be a political intrigue campaign."

Both of these are dead in the water 9.99/10 timesfor the reason posted here

>You all meet in a tavern
>you're on the same pub trivia team
>you won, but you're gonna have to track down the trivia night organizer to get your prize money

r8 my opener

Serviceable if it gets to some real action or an actual campaign premise soon afterwards, but then it's not really an intro so much as a bit of filler before the campaign ACTUALLY starts. 4/10.

Pick
>Implying they don’t form a friendship along the way
Or
>Implying there’s anything wrong with not having anything in common besides not wanting the world to end
>Implying going separate ways at the end is a bad thing

Honestly I find it works much better for cooperation and team-based play if the characters are already friends beforehand, or at least part of the same organization or employer. It immediately gives them a reason to work together and trust eachother, and the goals of the organization or employer make for an easy way to create immediate plothooks that everyone has reason to care about before the more personal-focused ones come up later on in the campaign.

Get better players.
Also, 9.99/10 implies it fails 9/10 and then in the last 1/10 it works but only for a thin slice of each player or some shit. You mean 999/1000.

>The game requires you to play a wizard to be useful.

>Filename implies this isn't also true of every version of DnD after ADnD.

You will have to introduce some action and/or serious story motivation thereafter. It does not have to be a grand ebil conspiracy, but it does have to lead the players down a road which they would be empathetic to.

>"So I was on Veeky Forums and..."

I cannot believe anyone would say this.

Game is DnD or any game based on DnD.

>but then it's not really an intro so much as a bit of filler before the campaign ACTUALLY starts

>an intro isn't just filler so that people watching don't go "these guys dont even know eachother why are they doing all this shit together?"

I mean, you're literally just introducing people to eachother and probably expositing for a little while, then getting to all the shit that required you to be a team of people with a reason to be a team

Yeah, I can't believe anyone would admit to browsing a popular online community. It's crazy, computers and Veeky Forums are only for losers and geeks. God, just go to a library if you want ideas.

Some of us remember when saying you browse Veeky Forums had a bad stigma attached to it. Old habits die hard my friend.

>Someone in the party watches anime.
Burn it all to the ground.

I don't go shouting to coworkers that I frequent the internet hate machine. I don't even browse to the site when I'm at the office. But usually when I tell friends and family members, they either mention that they go here themselves, or just have a slight sense of disapproval.

But then again Veeky Forums is the only Veeky Forums board I use, so my experience is probably much milder than the typical 4channer's time here.

>The GM wanted to give the players freedom to create the characters they want to play rather rather than being shackled to the GMs/loudest player's vision
>The players are new and the GM doesn't want to put to much pressure to roleplay on them right off the bat

>being shackled to the GMs/loudest player's vision

If you ask me, I have the most fun with characters that fit snugly into the game's expectations and are responsive to the pressures and motivations the GM wants to use. Even if their own lives are bizarre and fell through the cracks in the setting's social infrastructure so they don't neatly fit into the categories laid out for them, it makes it easier for me to enjoy roleplaying when my character matches up to the story's central premises.

>"This is going to be a sandbox-style campaign."
They don't understand that you need well-defined, different choices of a limited number, so that they avoid choice overload

>the system isn't Pathfinder

>Force all of my players together for a court gathering, and they all seem to just be in the line up together
>All of their masters seem to avoid each other intentionally
>Little do the players know that, while they think there is no reason for the group to be together, they have been forced together due to the dark secrets of their masters and a generational pact that must be fulfilled.

i always hate starting a campaign. once its running i have an easier time, but the start its hard to make my players care. got a mixed group of 3 new folks who are excited to play and 2 i've run with before a few times. but due to work schedules right now we ran a few 1 on 1s with each of them and i like where this is going this time.

> sorc is investigating the disappearance of neighbors daughter
> Cleric and barbarian (both storm domain) are investigating paranormal beast sightings
> artificer was tasked by the city to look into the report of found arcane sigils in the sewers and detected minor magical phenomena
> Ranger is looking into a smuggling ring that fucked with his slightly more above board work.

they are all actually connected to the same group. the beast is actually an illusion by 3 low level mages acadamy washouts (from another nearby city) using things like ghost sound, charm, invisibility, minor images, ect. to trick kids into alley, where they kidnap and sell them to the smuggling ring (desert theme campaign, so they trade slaves to the furthest cities). The smuggling ring pays a higher level togue mage (construct focus, not necromancy) for the trade, and the rogue mage teaches the washouts in exchange for their work. figure it sets up a few threads that will meet once we can actually get all together and give enough paths that they will want to persue together (im making the enemies all fuck with the players in very personal ways so there will be a grudge after). Might be my best start to a campaign yet.

This is the one thing I can appreciate Pathfinder fags for, they won't come in and ruin your games with their crap.