WIP general #10mil

I don't have the template edition.

Check out this kitbashed beauty I found at my local flgs for 20$. Should I run it as a predator or vindicator?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/witch-aelves-made-easygw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you should run it into your ass

Vindicator, the cannon looks more appropriate for that imo despite the barrel length. Slap some sponsons on that bitch though.

THIN

i need your guy's pro color theory. how do i get this cool pale color of his armor? i dont even know what color it is lol

As I said I bought it used. I didn't paint it. Should be an easy fix

Holy shit, someone from my local area that posts on Veeky Forums. I almost certainly know you because I fucking recognize that tank from my FLGS too. Any hints as to who this is?

Jacksonville Florida FLGS?

Also picked up this hunk of shit vindicator. Need to find a way to spoof treads.

still there user?

Yea, i'm still here. The store was 5516 Roosevelt Blvd. over by NASJAX

Yup. Just bought it from there.

If you see me in there playing with it feel free to introduce yourself.

Yea, it's a pretty chill place. Every now and then I like to "Adopt" a model from that place and spruce it back up to working condition. I've done it mostly with their ever-growing collection of shitty dreadnoughts.

I mostly come in on Saturdays & Sundays to play Pathfinder with my friends, but I'll occasionally be in for a game of 40k.

Here's my favourite 'adopted' model. It was originally a THIN YOUR PAINTS classic hellhound. I decided rather than to strip it, I would wash and weather the fuck out of everything to keep the original colour scheme, and hide the bad paint job. I call this guy the 'mud puppy'.

Looks good. I'm usually in sundays too. I always see that group in the back playing pathfinder. On here i typically go by "broken leg user" so you should be able to guess which guy i am in there. spoiler alert, the one with the broken ass leg.

Yep, that's my group exactly. I'm the guy who always wears Polos with jogger pants/jeans. growing-Long hair, but also the shortest hair in my whole group.

Fittingly that looks more like Slannesh grey.

Too afraid to add weathering/battle damage because I've never done so before...

would love some critique btw

maybe with a pink wash

Did you wash the gold? It's a bit too shiny i think.
Tabard needs highlights.
Outside of that, amazing.

Forgive my ignorance, i've not played 40k for over 10 years. What type of model is this? I really like it.

Drill your barrels, add a bit of texture to that tabbard, and B A S E, and you'll be sitting mighty pretty

I'm off to submit my entry to a local painting comp, /wip/. wish me luck!

How do you make stuff like this? Do you have the parts and just assemble it or?

the shiny bits are actually silver highlights, but I agree, it seems too shiny

I had a ton of problems with the tabard and redid it a billion times. It killed the edges and it's a pain to highlight now. But yes, it does need it nonetheless.

And thank you

Cataphractii Terminator. Strictly a Horus Heresy/W30K model, I believe, but I think 40K has it as an option too now.

They're cataphractii terminators, one of the newer gw horus heresy kits

Most of us buy kits for a variety of table top games, from a number of different sellers, but usually the models come unassembled and unpainted

Ah, I see, thanks a bunch.

In my opinion that's just khaki for the flat surfaces with silver rivets with a pink wash over them.

>pastel keyboard
Back to /g/ with you, trapfag

Slash of silver and thinner slash of black inside for big scarring.

Very thin slashes of darker silver for scrathes on the surface and light silber for scratches on the border of pauldrons etc...

>not wanting to get pozzed by a trap
whats wrong with you

Finished up my lil grot wizard today, Im pretty happy. Should I still try and freehand a yellow moon on his hat, or does he look fine as is?

Well, first time trying to paint fleshy models. Had a hard time getting the skin tone to look even/right, for some reason the paint kinda started cracking or something.

They look okay from a distance though. Waiting on the bases to dry now so I can finish them up. Any tips for the other 28 of these I’m gonna have to paint?

I wouldn't do it. There doesn't seem to be space for free hand on that hat. Maybe if you greenstuffed a moon badge on it, but it's a bit late for that.
>the paint kinda started cracking or something
What kind of colours did you use? Looks ok otherwise, wonky photo though

Well they were primed in corax white and then I used Reikland Fleshshade, Flayed one flesh, and pallid wych flesh. I followed this guide (below). I think I may have screwed up the priming somehow, maybe I didn't shake the spray can enough, or maybe I didn't give them enough time to dry. It almost felt like the spray paint left a bit of a texture on the model.

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/witch-aelves-made-easygw-homepage-post-3/

Does anyone have experience with Com-Art Colours? How are they?

AAAH! He looks so good!

Tried to clean them up a bit and finished the bases

Maybe glaze over the blue to help soften the transitions and give the tabard the same amount of love as the armour. Looks great though user, keep it up :).

my model is the first one to be entered in the competition. shame I didnt get to see what i'm up against. will post the other stuff after the judging is done though.

You should sell that to the Arbys twitter.

sexy blue colouring, i like this alot

Hahahahaha. Same keyboard but that's not me.

>irl Veeky Forums meetup
What can possibly go wrong?

Well. I (broken leg user) am a normal well adjusted dude with a condo, girlfriend, and stable job, and I keep my fetishes off my table top. Other user better not be a psycos murderer.

>all that work

>not cleaning the moldlines

Anyone have experience with the newer lines of Bones?
I'm interested in a lot of the Dark Heaven line, pic related, but I haven't heard much good things about reaper minis in years past.

They're still cheap plastic ass user like always

You mean cheap ass plastic, right?

Figures. Thanks, bro.

>saved image of a trap on his pc
interesting development

Nothing desu.

Met up with 3 complete strangers from tg to play this game and it was great.

Meet strangers - it's 2018 this is how the world works now.

Easy project to ease myself back in, I forsee magnets and greenstuff tunics. The flash encourages me to strip these traitor guard ASAP

Is that some Ikea TRAMPA I see there?

Hey, /wip/, could I get a recommendation on a grey spray primer?

Rustoleum 2x grey primer seems to work pretty good for me
comes out looking almost exactly the same shade as unprimed plastic

I've tried to find this! Both the Lowes and Home Depot in my area have a huge Rustoleum collection that lacks the Painter's Touch stuff.

Walmart should have it.

Priming gray is so annoying though, I always miss spots and don't notice until I start painting since it's the exact same color as the plastic.

I'll check Walmart.

And yeah, I've heard, but I figured that starting with grey would be better for my white-ish skin I wanted to do for my Genestealer Cultists since I could build up to it. But maybe white would be better?

One of the AA tanks, maybe?

I don't think Vindicators have sponson options.

Building a femcast Knight-Venator. Still a lot of work to do, but I am pretty happy with the pose of the arms and weapon as well as the helmet, both of which did take quite a lot of work.
The base is only there to hold the model for now, I didn't start on the actual base yet.

Good luck user, that's a nice model

Started putting some paint on my count-as herald. Leaving off the face is all good, made it easier to paint. Having to leave off the left arm as well turned out to be a pain though.
Did the skin first, not really happy with it, but I was at a point were I felt that I would only make it worse instead of better. I also immediatly highlighted wrong, forgetting about the shadows the parts not glued on the model would create.
Since purple is a pain, I tried using my airbrush for it's highlighting, which worked out better than I thought, considering I only used it for priming and basecoating before. Made me feel stupid about not using it for the first steps for the skin. Still hit the skin at certain points, purple being a shadow colour for it helps, some touch ups are still needed.
Tried a method for gold on the symbol that doesn't use washes, I'm not convinced. I propably didn't do it quite right either. Bought and, this time, used masking putting so the purple wouldn't be covered when spraying the gold. Appearingly the putty retreated from the symbols edges.
Some more basecoats are laid out, and the spear is still very much wip.

anyone know what would cause the primer (corax white) to leave this dusty kind of residue on the model? It seems like it dries the other paints out and makes them crack.

She’s done

Are you using a spray? The paint is semi-drying before it reaches the model.

Yes, I used Corax White

You're holding the model too far away when spraying.
Also you're spending 20$ (or your regions currency makes it cost) for a 7$ can of paint.

yeah and I spent $500 on maybe $10 worth of plastic, what's your point?

What's wrong with brightening up your metals after a wash? I like the shiny look.

How is the Rustoleum 2x? I've been using Krylon Camo black, but it looks like my local shops are going to stop carrying them. How's it compare to the GW spray? I always get so salty when i try a new spray and it swallows up all the detail.

What is the correct distance
I've heard a foot, I've heard 6 inches, I've heard 8 inches, I assume it varies by brand, but damn

My point is there is no reason you can't walk into a hardware store for a 7$ can of paint

Corax white sucks.

If there's an orchard supply near you they carry it.

>Classic metal cadians being turned traitor

Absolutely heretical

Noice. Looks like you walked into GW and just stole it off the guard photo display.

Just got my test tank most of the way done. Debating on adding the bronze trim to the track guard bandings and maybe weathering it a bit more.

I play lots of historical and the goal was to not use any green or traditional camo. So what do I do? First color I reach for is a nice gray. Flip the bottle over after thinking "man that's a nice gray", and it's WWII early war German panzer Gray...

Goddammit.

I feel it needs a little something more, just haven't decided what yet. Any ideas?

I don't think I like my paint scheme as much as I was hoping. Would it be salvageable if I do some more highlighting and finish the details? Or should I just start over and do a regular blue instead of albino and pale?

I believe you'll find that's a Predicator

The lighting differences are really extreme and not subtle, so the texture looks splotchy instead of a smooth transition of a single texture. I would strip it.

I thought so. I'm not good enough to do more subtle highlights and on my other models things look better. I was trying something different but I guess it didn't work out but at least I tried I guess.
Would it be fine if I just went over the paint with some thin layers? I don't really have anything to strip with at the moment so I'm tempted to just paint over it instead.

Question to wh40k players.

Do you even bother to magnetize handheld weapons of regular marines?
I'm doing my Black Company assault squat and I'm hesitating between plasmas/flamers/inferno pistols.

80% tells me to screw it, glue what looks cool and stop tryharding but I'm such a slow painter that I rather magnetize because I'd never make another same squad if my weapon choice is retarded.

If you DO magnetize regular SM weapons where do you do it? Entire arm or just the hand/fist?

This is why I don't fuck with white primer, not even for my white models. Grey primer is best primer.

Rule of cool > WYIWYG. My group its ok with that despite most of them being WYSIWYG (I always expalin everything anyway).

I just dont get why my guys have been fighting 10k years without all of them looking like fucking veterans with cool spoils of war.

Explain

not op but grey primer is a nice medium, allows to tone up or down with colour
also all white spray cans in my experience have been awful.
or base black and heavy zenthal grey

Building Chadmarines for the Chaddest of chapters.

Accidentally gave him the Sergeant head because I’m too smart to read the instructions so I had to bling him up to look the part.

Seeing as the rubber tile thing wouldn't really work, I've bought an A3 sheet of 2mm MDF, 10 plastic trees from ebay and some cheap acrylic paints. I've also got some polystyrene, filler, etc. My plan is to make three forest sections, two barrows, a stone circle and then have two other bases to use for whatever.

It came out looking really good user, especially the collar. I am a tad jelly.

On of my friends found i posted on Veeky Forums and hes pretty chill

Someone wanted to see a better pic of this from the last thread. Here is my double barrel fire prism.

gas the kikes, race war now

For the user that wanted updates on the progress, I've added another 10 Iron Guard to the army, 10 more in waiting I just need to wait for primer to arrive. Then it's onto more custom conscripts, Bullgryns, Russ and Chimera etc.

Nice. I love those old mordians.

>that poor marine stuck in the plating...

Hang in there buddy, the emperor will look out for you

Hello /wip/, I need help.
How do you paint blond and dark hair?
I am not a fan of our lord Duncan choice of color and would like to know what you are using.

Whirlwind

What he said

Just don't eat anything brought to an IRL meetup.

How did you do the gradient on the glass panel?, is it air brushed?