Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

A ZOGGIN BATTULFOURTREZ Edition

>Tau confirmed
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/coming-march-blood-snakes-battlesuitsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/

>Plasma Gaun!
youtu.be/1ERmUzs1O5E

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
!

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math for the math god:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OLpeX4RRo28
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for beep boops?

NAME YOUR CHAMPION!

Your dudes deserve a name!.

3rd for Krieg

I'm not playing against unpainted period.

No amount of bitching and whining will change that.

I've never read a Warhammer comic before but Will of Iron made me a god damn fan.

>Everything blows up and everyone dies
I still can't believe that was the ending I was waiting for.

Read Damnation Crusade, it is amazing.

>bringing this shitstorm to the new thread
NEW THREAD MEANS LEAVE THAT SHIT BEHIND YOU AUTIST

I never minded playing against unpainted armies or in progress armies as long as the next time we play there is more painted. If after 3 games the person's army looks the same, then I don't want to bother with them anymore.

So in 8th edition, there are no rules on how you must put your models on the table and how you must assemble them, so would this assembling for example a Baneblade as pictured to get improved cover saves and line of sight?

I want new Ork models, please, i beg of you

Just use this stratagem

Xth for Firmly Criticize the Mon'Tau Regime of Farsight

>being so assblasted you bring this cringe to a new thread

memento mori

speaking of which these FW heavy weapon squads are killing me, cheers

Ignore the shit from the last thread lets talk about what piece of lore got you into 40k in the first place.

For me it was the dreadnought. Not only did I love its design but I thought the idea of an armed life support system being piloted by a crippled veteran of centuries of war serving as both a tank and an inspirational symbol for its allies fucking awesome.

Jesus, fuck off you sperg.
Go blog somewhere else

I quite enjoyed Kal Jerico

this shitpost is fucking killing me, got more?

I've had the worst luck with the autocannons, the wheels do not want to stay on.

>what piece of lore got you into 40k in the first place.

The description of the battle of Macragge back in 3rd ed, it was on a catalogue that had Orcas and all that stuff. It fed my imagination for years until I jumped in with Black Templars in 5th ed.

Dawn of War 1 had some quotes that drew me in.
"Fear not the witch to live".
"Heresy grows from idleness"
"I can feel the warp overtaking me! ...It is a good pain."

Almost every single phrase shouted by a unit, a character or written on the opening screen oozes with flavor.

Guys, we need to talk about them.

Once again, just like they did in 7th. Cheeseworld Eldar have flown under the radar, and are not being called out for the WAAC faggery they are.

I'm seeing more and more of these armies popping up in my meta. The bullshit that army has access too, makes guard WAAC look tame in comparison.

They ruined 7th. I don't want to see them ruin 8th edition too.

How the FUCK do you assemble these? So many fiddly connector pieces.

You owe it to yourself to read The Redeemer.

shut up, fag

Give me your concept for a new Ork unit, character or not. The Orkier the better.

Thanks for the req, going to try to read it on this weekend.

that's exactly what i'm doing, the main chassis doesnt want to stick to the autocannon piece and im going crazy

Playing dawn of war as a kid got my brother super into tabletop

He died and that got me into the game. I play his army. It's unpainted, but I'm leaving it that way because I do't want to ruin his army

Unironically TTS

When I was a kid, I was mainly a fantasy player, and I didn't play or anything for about 12 years, but about 5 years ago I picked some Gaunt's Ghosts out of my library and gradually got back into it from there. Now I have four fucking 40k armies.

100% Guant's Ghosts.

The Big Broz
A unit of oily and muscular Orks who are big, strong, fierce, muscular. They are larger than your average Boy, strength 5 and shit.

However, they have a tendency to make poses and discuss among themselves the best method on gaining muscles, so they have a tendency to Muck About and skip their shooting phase.

8th grade, back in 2000. I had started at a new school, and some of the other kids in class played 40k and whfb.
Befriended them and joined them in a trip to the local independent store (a GW opened nearby a few months later), and fell in love with the Leman Russ Battletank kit, 'cause I'm a big treadhead.
Also joined the local gaming club, and tried a game of Necromunda.

Got into the lore a bit after that, when I bought the IG Codex, first FW Imperial Armour book (paperback, not the big hardcover Vol 1 that came later), and some White Dwarfs.

Looted Malcador tank manned by 20 grots

Was first introduced to 40k by a family friend when I was 8 or so. Turned out one of my neighbours was doing contract work for 2000AD and GW and they suggested space hulk as a good entry point. Played the fuck out if it and the Deathwing expansion. Basically fell in love with the Deathwing as a result

Funposting aside, wait a bit before you throw in the towel. LVO isn't a super accurate representative of army power due to how a) the killer Eldar list was specifically made to work within the ITC rules and b) it was used by the best players around, and while you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise round here, playing actually matters towards winning, not just list building.

I just want some old Ork characters to get rules. Like Tusak Daemon-Killa or Orkimedes

[AWAKEN MY MASTERS intensifies]

Nobody plays Eldar where I live. What’s cheesy about them?

I play unpainted

Xth for breeding with long ears

I can't even do that since I paint in sub assemblies.

>Once again, just like they did in 7th. Cheeseworld Eldar have flown under the radar, and are not being called out for the WAAC faggery they are.

You should try fighting them as Necrons..... Really fun. I especially like the part where they are somehow more resilient than my metal skelingtons, with twice the fire-power..... But don't worry. We have yet another month of being the bottom bitch. Meanwhile tau who were a million time more competitive than Crons gets their Codex first....

And this is why I play Eldar - been a top tier army since 3rd and as long as based Phil Kelly keeps writing the book we'll stay golden.

played dawn of war 1, dc, SS, for a long time but never really knew much about the tabletop game

found a copy of GREY KNIGHTS by Ben Counter in a used book store. started reading it bored one day, and was hooked after the prologue, in which an entire world is covered in crucified cultists in order to summon a daemon.

Read the World Engine after that, started looking at the GW website, thinking maybe i'll just get one or two models to paint for fun...

about a year later i have two armies and am resisting the urge for a third

more pls

youtu.be/OLpeX4RRo28

This reads a lot as 'I'm getting my shit shoved in and I want to complain about it instead getting better'.

>it's a "the Chinese Homo Angels sperg's brother shows up" episode

Option A.
A ten man squad of Harlequin Troupe with Fusion Pistols and Harlequins Embrace Deepstriking AND a Voidraven Bomber with Missiles +1CP

OR

Option B
2 × 5 Harlequins with Fusion Pistol in Starweaver transports with -1cp for losing the Airwing from option A?

Ouch, yeah
Might get some Long Fangs for that, since they're cheap and not too wolf-y

>piece of lore that got you into 40k
Blood Angels Assualt Marine from the 3rd Edition Brochure Codex.

"With a roar that caused even his battle-brothers to flinch..."

That line still gets to me and makes me wish I hadn't dropped my Angels back in 5th.

Wish I could play them now if I didn't have a buddy who plays them now.

They aren't OP, they are just annoying to fight against. Eldar are just gay and fly away and say nuh uh you don't get to do that because I did this MEH.

That said, Guard aren't much better. The games play out the same way every time. Oh you sat still all game shooting and doing nothing else.

I find it funny that no one likes to talk about it. I'm guessing a lot of people kept their 7th edition Eldar armies and just want to reap the benefits.

I'm not doubting it for one second. I've seen what they can do. The fault is how powerful the psychic phase is now. Also, with how cheaply Eldar can obtain units that can cast awesome offensive and defensive spells. In combination with their ridiculous fire-power has made them so strong.

Don't be surprised at how people are letting this slide. Yesterday I heard someone say that Necrons are still the strongest 8th edition army. I wish I was kidding

Option 2, Harlequins aren't a bomb.

Maybe this would be hot if they didn't make him like 12 years old, fucking gross. Make him an actual man and give them dicks and I'd be able to get off to this.

I looked up Baneblades on a wiki because of IT IS THE BANEBLAAADE and was interested in the bit about a "machine spirit"

You sure you just aren't bad? Pure CWE are a very beatable army.

>mfw I'm tired of everyone being a dick to each other
I just want to soup man

I soup all the time and don't care. All the pussies at my store pout and talk about how things HAVE to be done. Nah, do you.

So how far away from the spray can should my models be when I prime them? The can says 20-30cm but I've heard 10cm is better

plastic aspect warriors fucking when?

Space Crusade and Space Hulk rulebooks.

I loved terminators and right now, across all my armies in 30k and 40k, I got 74 of the buggers (19 DG ones, 6 Custodes ones, 22 SW ones, 27 CSM ones).

>and give them dicks
you lost me but at the last second you managed to pull through.

This is 100% correct, people who are still caught up in shouting about soup don't seem to realize that times are changing.

Very likely never.

Are Spearhead rules compatible with 8th ed and if not are there any new rules anywhere?
I kind of feel the urge to wipe entire tank squadrons with my lascannon/missile launcher scout sentinels again and I haven't played in a long while.

After plastic Sisters

so you just ignore the rule about battleforged armies needing a common keyword?

The concept of Exterminatus. Namely watching the DoW 2 cinematic without any context.

Only autists do fluff details

>Imperium
>Chaos
>Aeldari

I'm a pretty big WW1 buff, so hearing about the absolute clusterfuck that is the imperial guard high command really interested me.

Are you fucking stupid?

I always liked orks and spece marines in 40k, but orks always sucked and I hated manlet marines, I guess its time to start collecting them not the orks tho

Alright lads. Excited about dark eldar codex but have deep concerns Wych Cult units (specifically wyches and hellions) will still be hypergash. Bought them and spent a lot of time painting them up nice because I thought they looked amazing but fuck me are they bad on the table (in my experience). Anyone had any luck with them? Pic related.

I mean I want to play as different races fighting together, Like an Eldar-space marines allience, Orks mercenaries working for =][= or necrons having some humans as research subjects that can also send a couple of contingencies to fight alongside them.

I guess you could call it ultra-souping

I'd rather play against unpainted models than not play at all.

It's a game that meant to be fun with your friends after all.

I just use latin swears for all of my Khorne champions/characters, except for the Chaos Lord, Tim

>say that Necrons are still the strongest 8th edition army.

It's hilarious how this is still going! I'm sure no one believes it. It's just them hoping that the new Codex isn't going to wreck their shit. I'm hoping it's so strong that it makes the Eldar and nids Codex look like pure garbage. Anyone who still plays Necrons deserves it.

I also want to see Reece's cry when an army that he hates can beat his beloved Guard.

Then play narrative or open play you moron.

I've had mixed experiences with mine, I run a bunch of wyches and bloodbrides in raiders with a succubus and usually voidraven/scourge support but I've had better experience webway portalling the wyches and bloodbrides in than actually getting the paper canoes across the board. Still haven't tried out Reavers because they're so overcosted per model imo but I do have 2 gangs of commoragh sat around incase the codex fixes that.

Bloodbrides dumpings in enough attacks on the charge to wreck a daemon prince of nurgle has been their high point for me

He plays Orks and Eldar?

I do not think they will get any worse. Have some hope wych cult friend.
Xoxo Kabal player

so much anger, must be fun plating with you

Thinking up ad mech lists that aren't Cawl star. Kinda leaning twoards a Graia battalion and a Stygies spearhead with a knight crusader. How fucked will I be Veeky Forums?

When will we get Primaris terminators?

as a new player, what should I be looking for/comparing units and equipment to in order to know if its worth taking or not? Is there even a way for someone to do that without any experience, or am i supposed to just try a bunch of games and stumble my way through it?

You got the maurauder and the firebat

Guess I could run them around in the Banter Boat to get them closer to the fray, they always get wrecked when moving up on foot. Good tip. I usually transport my Trueborns in it and use it like a weapons platform. I just wish the wyches hit on a two in cc or something. As for Reavers, yes expensive but I really like them for flanking around at speed, shooting up and then pinning down a long range shooty unit.
t. Soup lover etc

people play eldar tho, right? They have to give us SOMETHING... right?... please?

Couldn't possibly get worse xx

>He plays Orks and Eldar?

Don't be a fag.

Here is a direct quote from his article last year.

>Reecius here, and I am so pumped to share with you the awesomeness that is the Astra Militarum Codex.

>I am a long time Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum player and this book is near and dear to my heart. If I could only play one army in 40k, it would be Astra Militarum. I’ve had not one, but two different Catachan armies since 2nd edition, painted in different camo schemes, lol! My current version have a red and black camo scheme and I call them the Tartarus 151st, based off of the death world they come from and their regiment number. Yes, I am that nerdy!

He rarely plays them on their stream/video batreps. Also that's literally every article he writes all the time, everything he is writing about is the best and most amazing thing ever.

LOL rekt

There's a fundamental difference between soup and WAAC soup.

Case in point, yesterday at my FLGS we had two players both using a soup list. One was a Black Legion player who took a group of Bloodletters and a herald to go alongside his force. No-one complained about his list.

The other guy had 3 Shield Captain custodes on bikes, some Seraphin and Dominions lead by Celestine, an Eversor and two Leman Russes with Pask and a Guard commander with the refund CP warlord trait as his leader. He won all three games and no-one thought his list was fun to play against.

The first kind of soup is fine. The second kind is not.

>furfags are such degenerate special snowflakes they need femarines on top of everything else just to feel special

It's almost like you can't read, and can't handle being wrong. What's going on here?