How close Is your party? Are they practically family?

How close Is your party? Are they practically family?

They are literally family. Siblings, to be precise, and about as close as you can get. They might have different goals, but not one would ever betray another, and each basically only regards the others as real people. Everyone else is just a tool or a minion.

>and about as close as you can get.
I thought this sort of stuff got moved off Veeky Forums!

Campaign just started and a player dropped out so I've only got two players right now, but one of them saved the other's ass in the first session and there's some good roleplay so far (even from the completely new TTRPG player in the group). I'm excited.

>that long ass hair on Frederick
They're pretty distant, being tied together only by money at this point. This will probably change as we're only a few session in.

They started as 3 zombies waking up in a box about to be fed to a machine to make bigger zombies. They know as much about each other as they do about themselves, which isn’t very much. That said, they work together well. Even if only because everyone who isn’t one of those three or needs something from them wants them dead.

We despise each other.
Nearly all of us have stabbed each other in the back at least once.
Imagine the gang from it's always sunny.
For some reason I don't believe my party is unique in this manner.

Do you think Ky calls Sol 'Dad' just to piss him off or you think it's the other way around?

>Siblings ... and about as close as you can get.

The wizard is a bit aloof, but then, he's mute and needs the cleric to communicate, since shes the only one who knows sign language. The ranger and the paladin (last campaign they played a paladin and barbarian, respectively) are blood brothers, so family by choice.

no, both have decided to never ever talk about it.

Almost family. Two are twins (male a female), the human monk is like the older step-brother, the elf is the literal step-cousin, and the half-orc have a life debt with one of the half-elfs, and just converted to her religion to the human monk.

Aren't they already dead?

Practically family; it's to the point that their implicit trust in each other has become a liability.
In other campaigns, more often than not I will play the relative of another PC or two. Our highest record is four family members within the party - two brothers, an adopted sister, and their cousin.

It probably helps that our gaming group went from awkward strangers to as good as family over the years, as well.

They're each other's worst enemies. Every bad thing that has ever happened to each of them, at least one of the other party members are responsible for. They only stick together because no one else will put up with them, and ironically they are the only ones who can fix each other's problems.

>Two are twins (male a female),

wait can twins be mixed gender?

Yes

It flips from 'post battle orgy' to 'willing to knife each other over a bag of gold' to 'mexican standoff over who is paying the innkeep for the room repairs'

Mixed gender twins are actually the most common type of twins.

what the hell?

Definitive proof that twincest is approved by god

Are we talking about fraternal twins or identical twins?

>implying twincest requires mixed genders

Originally they were just good friends and everyone has slept with everyone else at least once. Normally when drunk.
Since they discovered the depths of the conspiracy and how they are tied to it, they are the only people they can really trust. They're pretty much all their own family unit.

it's more fun that way

fraternal obviously, come on.

I hadn't considered this facet of the argument

You've given me a lot to think about

Fraternal twins are to eggs fertilsed at the same time. My mother and uncle are fraternal twins, same with my brother and I.
And my grandmother's two sisters.
And their father and sister.

What the fuck is wrong with my family's DNA?

Families who have twins in their ancestry are more likely to have twins down the line. It's one of those genetics things.

Think yourself lucky, though. All genetics has ever done for my family is make us all look like we're from Innsmouth, or a bad slasher flick.

There has been, exceptionally rare, cases of identical mixed-gender twins.
Though we're talking about less then handful since the start of humankind rare.

It involves either improper cloning of the sex chromosomes or a rare condition where despite having XY, the body only reads the X and makes them female.

Well, if you ever plan to start a family of your own, keep extra budget in mind.

That second one is actually a thing? I thought that was just the plot of a House episode.

In sorry your mother drank.

Oh yeah, boys having developmental problems due to genetics are a thing because all fetus starts out female and get altered to become male due to the chromosome.

Depends on the members. The mage has become the little brother for at least three members. The bard and myself have built a strong friendship, promising to travel together and achieve each other’s goals. The cleric and the bard have an odd couple dynamic. The cleric and myself are strictly business, but makes sense considering we are both clergy to Berronar and Sharindlar respectively.The ranger and two druids are kind of an enigma for the most part.

Fun fact, likelihood of fraternal twins is genetic. Likelihood of identical twins isn't.

The rate of fraternal twins also varies between races. The rate of identical twins doesn't.

Every illness in House was a real illness. The script writers had to really research their stuff and some are so rare they only ever happened once.

>all fetus starts out female
That's not really true. They start out undifferentiated and become male or female according to hormones. Just like XY females, there are XX males caused by the body reading male due to a gene mess up.

I was born hours before and a room away from identical triplets with 2 girls and one boy. Ten years later they moved next door to my family. They were cool. Played vidya with him, "doctor"with the girls.

>"doctor"with the girls.
both at once?

Damn close. They refer to each other as family, and have saved each other from the brink many times. They're pretty closely bound, especially given their mission. They're probably the only ones who could pull this shit off, and they might not succeed. Either way, close as close can be.

Yep. If only I maintained that level of game through middle and high school. Adolescence wouldn't have been so rough.

Best twincest is twin girls with an unrelated guy.

The cleric and rogue have weird sexual tension, the artificer had his love half eaten and then watched her corpse turn into a bomb from the necromancer who is too shy to express her interest in the fighter. Oh and the ranger is an asexual turbo autist. So... no, but they would all die for each other in a heart beat.

As I can agree whole heartedly.

I have to emphatically disagree. Girl on girl twincest is pretty good, but guy on girl is the most patrician choice. Third wheels need to get out.

But the guy is needed to make it hetero!

Not close at all. Almost all members of the party have very conflicting goals, so they're all working together now out of convenience but they're all extremely likely to stab each other in the back at some point.

I feel like this campaign is going to ruin friendships since these guys tend to take things too personally, but it's pretty interesting and tons of fun with all the suspense and wondering who is plotting what and when/how someone will make a move on the other. My character almost succeeded in turning the whole party along with the harpies we were fighting against this one particular member, watching him sweat nervously throughout the whole thing was fun.

Is Ky playing with Sol's hair? That's pretty gay.

In my favorite of the games I'm involved in, we are held together exclusively by a common goal and the amount of shit we've already been through. We have had PCs fight each other (sanctioned by both players involved) without any long lasting damage. They all have their own goals that are not directly antagonistic to each other but may cause one or two of the other party members to be uneasy.
Pic semi related

we are all evil and will betray each other in an iinstant

Three of the group are sisters and at each others throats as much as, if not more so, then they get along.
If someone else was to hurt any of them, they fall into synch almost perfectly. Only they get to hurt and torture their own sisters.

No.4 is good friends with the sisters and finds themselves playing peacemaker most the time.
Though the sisters don't have the same dogged protection of them as they do each other, they are still really protective of their only friend.

Much of the campaign has been us barely following the main plot, trying to undermine and one-up the rest constantly with the last of the quartet herding the three cats along till outside factors push us a bit to much and we start taking things seriously.
It follows our group behaviour as friends to a degree. I sometimes feel sorry for what our DM must be going through.

This joke has already been made six times in this campaign.

We have been playing Out of the Abyss and our PCs are banded together more out of necessity than actual choice. That being said the Tiefling Rogue is willing to be close to anyone who is nice to her (most of the party cause mutual interests), the Aasimar is an ideological man who seeks to do good but is willing to go to extreme measures, the Bugbear Bard is easygoing and tries to get genuinely chummy with everyone, and my PC (Svirneblin Druid) wants to help the rest get the hell out of the Underdark due to their presence potentially upsetting the natural balance of things.

Overall I would say there is some potential for close bonds but for the most part (barring any significant character developments) the party will remain close associates till such a time as their goals are accomplished (get out of the Underdark or in my case get the rest out of the Underdark).

My PC plans on spending at least a week on the surface both due to already leading the others there and a curiosity of what nature the surface lands hold but I can see him getting rather chummy with the easy going Bugbear.