/mgw/ - Monster Girl Worldbuilding

Jabberwock is best Wonderland girl edition

Previous sector: We talk about Monstergirls and build a setting for them. Though we can all post pics and images and art of Monster Girl Encyclopedia monster girls and take about them. But bear in mind this is not KCs MGE canon to the letter. Seriously lads a lot of people have their ideas and they aren't all the same, we can all agree to disagree. Just remember to have fun.

'Tis also the home of the as of yet un-named Veeky Forums Monstergirl RPG.
It's work-in-progress "rulebook" can be found here:
>piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Newer and Updated Monster Girl RPG handbook.
>i.4cdn.org/tg/1518143769411.pdf

Dungeon World Monster Classes.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tnxUNkYKWeDtVtyPk8sYAiTsfwBwcNeC1DKg_0GTb8U/edit?usp=sharing

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cdlecO3gyOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hold on, I recognize that one!

>Wonderland
NOT. EVEN. ONCE.

>Wonderland
ALL THE TIME

Madman. You're a madman!

>Wonderland
OCCASIONALLY

So are you. We all are. Everybody is.

Let’s make a list of pocket dimensions see if anyone wants to help build them or add their own.

-Wonderland
-Fairyland
-Pandemonium
-Heaven?

And I still want to add candyland if possible.

Also I wonder if powerful monsters will create personal pocket dimensions as a retirement home for them and their husbando.

Surely you must be Mad. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

This is blasphemy.

What even is in heaven?

It is true.

Well, in another thread- I discussed Heaven as a seven laired dungeon rush (plus vestibule and secret heaven) that goes from endless series of cathedrals, to world tree, to floating islands to cloud islands to outer space to endless white void.

But I think that may be a bit too comprehensive for the setting.

This is madness.

Wonderland has humpty eggs (the best monstergirl)

Thus, wonderland cannot be bad

Sorry if this is a little too /k/, butare Waffageists considered monster girls?

Pocket dimensions where the monster girl has complete power would be pretty cool

So you want to do a Dante's Paradiso kind of thing where you've got various Spheres of Heaven? I can support that for my love of Dante, even if I don't necessarily endorse what you'd include in it.

Personally I'd have it just be another place with a lot of calming, natural vistas, and unique architecture, where angels reside. There's a calming aura to the whole place. It never rains, the night is always calm and not unsettling, the sounds feel softer somehow.

Nothing actually fun, just insipid "holy bliss" that offers no real substance, not much different form the eternal ahego of the demonlord, but without the benafit of actually getting done fun in

>children that haven't even been BORN properly yet
>best

What exactly is a Waffageist user?

I like the idea that it's full of eden like gardens, which are themselves filled with friendly extinct animals

Consent laws do not apply to embryonic slimes

You're not noticing the deeper implications here? Eggs are hatching prematurely to try and jump you. That's gotta be terrifying for anyone who understands who biology is supposed to work.

Care for a cup of tea Veeky Forums?

More like a reverse inferno, because oh how unlimear spheres are.

I’d also take inspiration from Sovngard in Skyrim for being a divine (ie nice) version of Oblivion.
I like the idea of them being like build your own house kits. You wanna comfy times in front of a fireplace in a permanently rainy afternoon? Well now you are set.

You can take your tea and you can shove it up your gaped ass, you vile bitch.

Weapon Spirit. It's basically a gun, that's also a girl. Kind of like if a mimic could transform into a firearm.

Also when you fire the gun that's basically an orgasm for them. Traits of the gun transfer into their person form. A big buttstock results in a bigger butt, the handguard is basically their breasts, etc.

As someone pro-monstergirl and pro-corruption, I blame no-one for being freaked out by humpty eggs.

Wonderland is a terrifying place.

A terrifyingly hot place.

>dat Cheshire Cat
>mfw

Cheshire Cats are absolutely unbearable

Why do Neon Garbage Cats have to ruin and or mess things up?

I once saw a weird manga about guns being Japanese school girls.

They were seperates into schools by cartridge size. Pistol round guns were elementary school girls, assault rifle rounds were middle school girls, and rifle rounds were high-school girls.

I’m open to the idea of gun girls. Should we hash out gun types though?

>Weapon Spirit. It's basically a gun, that's also a girl.
the expression is "raifu", you uncultured swine

Upotte!!

That one. I liked how weird it was, but I wasn’t a fan.

God we need to take this to /k/.

MP5 best girl

We already know.

>Should we hash out gun types though?
I guess that depends on how detailed we want to get with it. Also, most of the guns being middle and elementary school girls would be a lot of loli, which some people might not be okay with.

Has there been legit Raifu threads with art and everything? If so what are they like?

/ak/ threads.

Well weapon spirits already exist in the form of Cursed Swords, so I don't see why you couldn't have a Wheel-lock rifle girl.
What guns existed pre-flintlock, /k/ommando? Make them girls.

Way ahead of you.

Well I think we should stick to early firearms (outside of energy weapons certain monstergirls have). Like I think it was phrased in a previous thread ax the weird pubescent era of guns.

So on that note we could have flintlocks, matchlocks, wheellocks, pistol versions thereof.

Would doublebarreled muskets make sense? How long did it take for Blunderbuss’ to be made? Are there any other variations to add?

No.

>If so what are they like?
Kind of like pic related, and a whole lot of writefaggotry about fucking guns.

>Like I think it was phrased in a previous thread ax the weird pubescent era of guns.
Okay, that's fine. Guns have existed for a long ass time, so the question is what technology level the setting is at. Double-barreled muskets can work, as those are a thing that exists.

The hand cannon came into existence in China around the 1100's, so that's the earliest known gun. The musket wouldn't be invented in Europe until about 1475 though.

Early renaissance/age-of-sail-ish.
It's left sorta deliberately vague, if you asked me to put a pin in it around late 1400's but don't take that as gospel.

So we've had some establishment of male angels being archangels left over from the Chief God. Since the powers of heaven work differently than those of demons left over servants of heaven are unchanged by the new god in charge. They are reclusive and disgruntled with how the newbie is taking things, but nonetheless participate in some aspects. Namely, they guard deep Order territory but care little for human death and suffering as they see it none of their business to interfere, only to watch. In regards to power they are older than even the Demon Lord herself, but not as powerful. Most Lilim are inferior in strength. Only a few such as Druella can match them. However, their passive nature means that it would be an uneven fight if the Lilim ever invaded into Order territory as the archangels would be backed up by other forces of heaven should the need grow that dire.

We said renaissance era, so within a few centuries around that is alright if we can take liberties.

Some Asian themed early handcanons and guns sound interesting. I like the idea of early guns, but as a shooter fan I just find it’s hard to include variety.

Fable had Clockwork and revolver muskets, does anyone have any objections that those?

I’m not sure that was established, but I only have a few objections. Namely I think babysitting duty is a bit lame, and there should be female archangels. That said I also don’t think they should be OP leading the crusade either.

The thing to remember at the core of the guns is that they're relatively rare, probably expensive and not terribly effective (yet).
Clockwork guns is getting into Steampunk territory which is very much what Fable became by 3, I don't think the MG setting is getting close to that kind of tech yet. I'd be willing to stretch that for user's theorycrafting (waifucrafting?) though so long as it's "Non-canon" for want of a better word.

>Early renaissance/age-of-sail-ish
Muskets and blunderbusses are definitely in the range of possibility then.

>Fable had Clockwork and revolver muskets
Both of those were things that actually existed, in the form of the wheellock musket and the Colt New Model Revolving rifle. The latter had issues with harming its user, and the former had reliability issues, iirc.

40K Chaos is now under the control of the MGE Demon Lord and the Lilims and MGE monster girls. Will this be a positive change for 40K's grimderp?

Probably not. I mean, there's still the Tyranids, Dark Eldar, Necrons, Orks, et cetera.

Incredibly so yes. Everything will be waifues, who are signifigantly more nice to have around than murder/rape/betrayal/disease monsters.

I object strongly.
>Male angels
I see angels as another kind of Monster, like demons. If all Monsters are girls, that applies to angels too. And likewise if all Monsters are not girls. [/spoiler
>They interfere in the affairs of mortals
If heaven ever steps in it should be a massive fucking deal and likely to result in the angel doing it not being let back in the pearly gates. It's not heaven's place to interfere directly, even against demons, with a very scant few exceptions.
>They're as strong as the most powerfu demons
Ehhhh, maybe before they get juiced up on corruption.

Let's try that one again with less retard formatting:

I object strongly.
>Male angels
I see angels as another kind of Monster, like demons. If all Monsters are girls, that applies to angels too. And likewise if all Monsters are not girls. [/spoiler]
>They interfere in the affairs of mortals
If heaven ever steps in it should be a massive fucking deal and likely to result in the angel doing it not being let back in the pearly gates. It's not heaven's place to interfere directly, even against demons, with a very scant few exceptions.
>They're as strong as the most powerfu demons
Ehhhh, maybe before they get juiced up on corruption.

>Probably no because muh space bugs, robot skellingtons, and Gree British People

Implying those would stop MGE's Demon-Monstergirl-ification Corruption.

But user, the monster girls have already won, they've already corrupted the Egyptian-zombie robots.

Farmers have to protect their crops, or these dastardly insects might eat it all.

Name of bug girl so I may look her up?

I should think it's varying levels of strength on both sides. There are weaker angels and stronger angels. A Lilim is going fuck up any run of the mill messenger of God. Archangels are just below Demon Lord Tier Strength but there is only like 4 of them and they're all guarding Heaven itself 24/7. They could probably take her out if they teamed up. Probably.

The religious Dynamic isn't inherently Christian. "God" isn't necessarily stronger than the Demon Lord. It's more dualistic. The Demon Lords are perfectly capable of potentially overthrowing God given the right circumstances.

I’m imagining it they are regularly fielded, but function like glass canons- you land the shot you hit for massive damage, but you miss that shot the other guy will close the distance and you are dead- namely because bayonets and firing lines haven’t been innovated yet.

But it’s pretty much along the same lines anyway.

Though I think clock-punk fits in a renaissance era, so long as it’s not too heavy.
Really now? When did they become a thing then? I think if it’s within reason we can say maybe they are like prototype weapons in the setting.
I make a distinction between monsters and order-aligned races, some that may be more monsterized than others. So I think Angels should play closer to elves.

The whole this is that they don't lead any crusades nor do they participate in much of anything at all unless its something catastrophic since they don't agree with the current Chief God's aggressive tactics and management. They'll smite a powerful demon who threatens the balance deep within Order territory with a good throw of a spear, but won't let themselves be seen by mortal humans. Seeing angels as monsters really doesn't make much sense. I'd rather see them as elves or dwarves in which they could be corrupted but aren't the same kind of nonhuman under direct influence as say a troll or an orc. They should be a balance to the power of the demon lord as without some kind of watcher like them your bog standard Lilim could carve through Order lands like its nothing as its been established that Lilim are incredibly powerful beings. You have to have something which makes them pause. They can be female as well, but no current angels which are newly made are male. Thus the whole topic of male angels being answered by leftovers from a more powerful god.

not sure if smug face or silly face

The Tau won't even notice. Except Farsight, but no one will believe him.

Greenworm. Revealed but hasn't received an encyclopedia translation yet

>Really now? When did they become a thing then? I think if it’s within reason we can say maybe they are like prototype weapons in the setting.
The wheellock came into existence around 1500, about 100 years BEFORE the flintlock was invented, so it was actually less of a prototype and more of a predecessor.

The revolver rifle wouldn't come into existence until well after rifling and revolvers had been invented though, around the 1850's.

That looks official, is that from MGE?
I don’t think it’s very relevant, but what do you mean by ‘inherently christian’?

I like to imagine the Orders gods function as a mix of all Christians, Muslims, Jews, and a heaping helping of paganism, with Christian aesthetics. Other religions being smatterings of nature worship, Shintoism, satanism, and Cthulhu.

>Distinction between Monsters and Order-aligned races
I'm pretty sure you can't group an entire race (except maybe Demons themselves) as being anti-Order. Considering how many Monsters work with humanity or at least don't fight against them, what would that distinction even be?

>Seeing angels as Monsters doesn't make much sense
Why not? They're "Monsters" in the same way demons are, just exceptionally pure and chaste ones. What even defines a "Monster", because to my mind in this setting it's just anything sapient and inhuman.

I just find that the term monsters is misleading and especially in the universe we're talking about implies that only females can exist. Thus races like elves can't be monsters.

What are the ‘politics’ of your make archangels so to speak?
I was referring to clockwork rifles rather than wheellocks, which I know were one of the more popular gun designs in the renaissance.

Also revolver rifles in Fable are portrayed as having a bunch of barrels glued together in s circle.

Wrong term. Abrahamic would be better. What I mean is the dynamics between the concept of the top God and his opponents isn't one sided. The idea that whatever top God there is so powerful that any foe can't actively challenge him doesn't really make all that much sense when his angels and the "Adversaries" Demons are directly intervening often.

It's more like a Zeus vs Typhon kind of struggle. The outcome is uncertain and the foe so great God could very well be killed.

I should rephrase myself. A race the order goes and says ‘those guys? Yeah those guys are cool and aren’t monsters’.

So humans, demihumans (elves, Dwarves, halflings, giants, trolls according to the encyclopedia) Angels and Fae.

They CAN be monsters, but the uncorrupted ones get preferential treatment to say a typical dragon.

>I was referring to clockwork rifles rather than wheellocks, which I know were one of the more popular gun designs in the renaissance.
What exactly is a clockwork rifle supposed to look like? Any gun will ultimately depend on the explosion of gunpowder to launch its bullet, so a clockwork musket will probably look pretty darn close to a wheellock.

Gotcha, I agree to that, and the rebellion against heaven part satisfies my edge factor.

That said I like some of the eldritch unknowable cruel and arbitrary manifestation of order parts you see in the Old Testament that i incorporate in my ‘true gods’ pitch.

More along the lines of balance like the old Chief God. They don't care about human suffering but if humans are going to lose everything, such as say a major Order capital being threatened by a powerful demon which could break humanity apart and allow the demon lord to take over, they will step in with indirect measures. Its more of demons not belonging in certain places, but demons need to exist in order to keep humans under control. The current Chief God is more about going out and exterminating demons and they care little for that. This isn't going to happen any time soon, so for the most part they just watch from heaven. All in all they see the current Demon Lord as a necessary evil that may be too good at her job and the current Chief God as incompetent, but she still has some authority over them. I'd say there wouldn't be more than a dozen male and female angels left over from the old Chief God but each is far more powerful than any angels created from the new Chief God.

If you want additional edge, adopt the "post-war" scenario that gets tossed around occasionally:
After the DL is defeated and peace and co-existence bloom, Heaven goes "Well this isn't going according to the Divine Plan. The ignorant children have no idea what they're doing and we need to save them from themselves. Wipe them out, down to a handful, we're starting over again." and heaven descends to wage war with humans and Monsters. Mortals must fight them to preserve their hard-earned freedom, and their very lives.

Consulting the wiki I can’t find a good image, but it all looks internal. But the concept is you have clockwork mechanisms to allow multiple shots to be fired.

Also reading the wiki I see the revolver rifles I was referring to are actually called turret rifles which I think is a much better term.

You are ostensibly correct

I wouldn't call it Rebellion. That implies that God directly controlled the Demon Lord at some point. It's much more adversarial than that. The Demon Lord is another, similar but dynamically opposed to the exact kind of structure God wants. Both want control of human society, both allow monster in their world, it's just the Chief God has a high favor for humans being the top dogs for some reason or other.

Then the Eldritch would just be a balls to the wall, smoke six lines and flip the table kind of adversary that no one wants but damn it looks like they're here who want the world to just devolve into a 24/7 orgy as society collapses.

So to rephrase it, they think they can fix the problem whenever and won’t move until defcon one.
Well the way I’d write it, is the Gods have always been trying to destroy everyone and everything (or to reword it restart creation) they’ve just been constantly failing.

But they’ve been slowly gathering power and might finally be able to do it in one go, necessitating an assault on the heavens themselves.

So like a Zoroastrian styled good and evil locked in eternal struggle kind of deal? I can get behind that.

Though going back to my take-
The gods aren’t good, they are just creator series responsible for everything, including chaos and demons. Except stuff like humans and chaos were mistakes they wish they could get rid of.

Most factions have inherent natures, but ones they can put aside for survival- demons are inherently hostile, but can make peace if they realize they need to to survive- chaos is all kinds of weird but it understands survival and self-interest and would rather the Gods not kill off everything.

>DL is defeated
>peace and coexistence

In what world does clearing the way for a new, non-pacifist DL and having all the monstergirls revert back into beasts create a peace?

>Well the way I’d write it, is the Gods have always been trying to destroy everyone and everything
That's so unnecessarily edgy though. That kind of edginess exists in KC because the entire point of his setting is "The established society to the highest levels seeks to suppress peoples desires". It's why a lot of people see it as grimdark when to him it's an escapist fantasy. Theres no real reason both sides wouldn't be working on what they both see as altruistic reasons.

Keep in mind after the last one, the Gods are probably going to make it MUCH harder for a coexistencefag to get in charge again.

Sorry, *defeat Corruption, irrelevant to whether or not you defeat all demonkind or convert the DL to not doing the whole "corrupt people" shitck or whatever it is that means you win the day.

Didn't we abandon that basis for the setting forever ago? I thought the setting was just naturally lewd from our point of view as opposed to KCs hidden grimdark japanese crap.

Well my excuse- which I think works- is that mortals have a non-zero chance to kill the gods. If you are an immortal creator deity, it doesn’t matter if they will or won’t, the chance being above zero means they are guaranteed to kill you eventually, hence the best course of action is to get rid of all mortals before anything else and get back to doing god stuff.

Additionally the true gods are some dharmic almagamation, and various facets of the true gods have been sympathetic to mortals, they just don’t stay in charge for very long.

That's a touch TOO edgy, even for me. Heaven getting into some kind of desperation measure of taking out a huge chunk of humanity and Monsters after the Divine Plan goes completely off the rails is all well and good, having them be omnicidal maniacs from the start is something else.
Have individuals who might be planning that for some reason or another (heaven superiority complex, for example), but having that be the stated and original end goal seems needlessly edgy.
WHY do they want to restart creation? Is it like the other user said, they want to "save humanity from themselves" by not letting them advance or grow too large or disobeying heaven or what have you?

I like a little but of the grimdark was. Only a little.

>If there is an above zero chance it must be treated as an absolute certainty
Is a hero of mankind going to stop the chief god by screaming Martha before they die?

A human 'grey knight', an unusual phenomena occurring mostly in common folk, wherein an individual develops an aura resistant to forces both of order and of corruption.
Often heroes of the poor.

See this-

>The revolver rifle wouldn't come into existence until well after rifling and revolvers had been invented though, around the 1850's.

There were musket revolvers farther back.
youtube.com/watch?v=cdlecO3gyOo

I actually liked Batman v. Superman so maybe.

Though in this example wouldn’t the Chief God be saying Martha while the human hero holds a spear to her throat?

Monsters reverting back into mindless murderous creatures is good. Because it is nature and the natural order.

In this world that the Gods have created only violence, bloodshed and strongest and cruel survive and thrive. Therefore we must repent our sins, punish the wicked, kill the heretics and the unfaithful and all their families. Kill everyone, anyone and anything that does adhere to our faith and God.

Hail the Gods! The Gods will this!

That’s cool.

But despite certain namefag's resistance to it, the lovecraftian horrors that get mentioned occasionally do need more fleshing out. They certainly arent connected to the DL, though her corruptive machinations undoubtedly make shoggoths and other eldritch horrors more feminine in persuasion.

But what if everyone else says ‘duck that noise’ and kills you instead?