Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Painted VS Unpainted Edition

>Tau confirmed
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/coming-march-blood-snakes-battlesuitsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1ERmUzs1O5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Auxiliaries when?

Orks when?

Wawrbikers fixed when?

Looted Wagon when?

MY DUDES >>>>>>>>>>>>> literal human feces >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YOUR DUDES

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THE BLACK TEMPLARS!

FOR SIGISMUND AND EMPEROR!.

>no duncan video

the black templars are dweebs

[embed][embed][EMBED][embed]

>no PLASMA GAUN
>youtu.be/1ERmUzs1O5E

It hurts knowing how bad they are
How could their chapter trait or stratagem be changed to keep its functionality but also make them good enough?

I'd add to the trait that they also get either +1 attack or +1 strength or re-rolling 1s or allow advancing + fighting

Black Templars Vanguard/Spearhead detachment, 5 command points

Chaplain dreadnought = 174
2 fists, 2 storm bolters, the Armor Indomitus

Siege dreadnought = 178
++twin autocannons, seismic hammer, meltagun
Siege dreadnought = 178
++twin autocannons, seismic hammer, metlagun
Leviathan dreadnought - 313
++2 leviathan siege claws, 2 mulitmeltas, 2 heavy flamers
leviathan dreadnought - 313
++2 leviathan siege claws, 2 multimeltas, 2 heavy flamers

Captain = 74
++bolt pistol, chainsword, popcorn

Dreadnought = 136
++two twin autocannons
dreadnought = 136
++two twin autocannons
deredeo dreadnought = 237
++autocannon battery, twin heavy bolter, automantic pavaise
deredeo dreadnought = 232
++autocannon battery, twin heavy bolter, aiolos missile launcher

Repostan in a new bread:
I'm tempted to bring fist Kastelans to my store's next tourney and let the deep strike in and immediately force them into melee protocol using the stratagem.

Is that as fun/painful as it sounds or am I blinded by the number of potential S10 attacks?

I was thinking it's bad, but hopefully not so bad that it's unplayable in casual games. I've wanted to make a Tzeentch Lost and the Damned army since I last played in the 2000s, and up until this point I've been playing this list (ish) as IG, but now I want to ally in a LoC because I love the model and fluff of it. Just hoping that doing that won't neuter the entire army by making me go R&H :/ Well, maybe I'll able to ally one into an IG list if my opponent is OK with it. It's not like they're OP.

The Imperial Guard's AFV track base is universal, isn't it? How hard would it be to craft a top half/gun to convert a Chimera hull into a Basilisk?

Is it just me or did the dakkaboop minder get buffed so that he can repair any admech/knights vehicle and not just robots?

Alright /40kg/, tonights topic will be the great debate: Painted vs Unpainted models.

Where do you stand? I think most people who play prefer painted models but are you frothing in anger if your opponent plops down a tide of grey plastic before you?

Do you not give a shit either way and see it as their choice in the hobby?

Are you a big lazy fuck who has bought far too many models to realistically paint?

Lemme hear your stories friends.

Question: Can Blightlord Terminators with plague spewers use teleport strike and still fire?

It's theoretically awesome, but I hope you have an idea of what you're gonna do with them if you don't win the first turn roll off. Just dropping them on the enemy's doorstep is a pretty easy way to get them killed before they actually punch anything.

I have yet to actually get a game where I put the fistellans in ambush and then get first turn. I have had a couple games with first turn ambushing dakkastellans, though, and they were very effective. Starting in a good covered vantage point so they can go Protector on turn 1 is great for them.

I wouldn't care, even if they are lazy so they pain it in one color/primer/ like they were statues or whatever, not all games have to be epic battles to the last bloody point.

I could even deal with a tide of grey plastic, as long as I see them slowly working their way through painting something. If it's a big grey blob week after week, it starts to grind on me.

I would personally like to play against someone who has at least attempted to paint their models. I don't care if they're badly painted. Just that the attempt was made. It feels kinda bad when I get slapped around with my almost fully or fully painted army(depending on backlog status) by the grey tide featuring surprise guests random proxy and empty bases. It's entirely someone's choice, but I won't turn someone down from a game for not having painted models. I've worked down my backlog and have very little left to do.

>Played vs mostly unpainted Death Guard with my painted Crimson Fists
>Dude runs Mortarion without so much as a fleck of paint on him
>End of his turn 2 Mortarion is within 6'' of my gunline, having lost only a single wound to a heavy bolter because he saved all the lascannon hits
>Other DG units are not quite at a worrying distance, so shoot everything at Mortarion
>All lascannon and plasma cannon hits get saved again, but thankfully all the rapid firing bolters, the heavy bolters, and assault cannons do some serious work and get Mortarion down to 6 wounds
>Still not dead though
>Well shit is gonna die next turn anyway, might as well charge
>Pedro Kantor, two combat squads that had taken casualties already, a lone devastator with bolter, and a chaplain (pic related) charge in
>Chaplain has The Fist of Vengeance relic, so decide to have him attack first
>Three attacks hit
>All three hits also wound
>Mortarion fails all three saves, and then fails all nine disgustingly resilient rolls

This is why you paint your miniatures.
Also Mortarion is a pushover. Has some dumb GK carve a name on his heart, gets slapped down like a little bitch by a chaplain...

No.

Datasmith has the same repair skill the Dominus has now I think, so he can even repair non-vehicles.

Unpainted models means someone is too lazy to properly participate in the hobby. Grey tide users are more likely to cheat, not know how to play the game properly, forget rules and are generally a negative on the hobby.

Post game pictures

I don't mind if it's painted or not.
Obviously a full painted army vs a full painted army is more awesome, but i'm actually chill if other are unable to paint their mini dudes, i just want to play my orks and everything is fine.
I also like to take some time to look at the opponent's models, if they are painted (asking first of course).

My friends and I have a mix of painted/unpainted, because we were consumed by the warp and bought too many dudes; I've been coordinating Friday meetups at our FLGS so that we can dedicate the day to building/painting to get dudes done and boxes the hell out of our houses, and we can play touhou hisoutensoku on my laptop when we need a break, then get into a game of 40k in the evening with our new dudes.

Painting is the ideal, but I can understand people having lots of grey plastic on their hands. It's about trying, not necessarily succeeding.

okay, I was just getting too confused going back and forth on how models with teleport are considered move, plus Inexorable Advance so I thought I'd ask. but they are still use assualt weapons, correct?

Soooooooooooo, how awful is this?

1998/2000pts Battalion Detachment. Super Heavy auxiliary
131pts Ahriman
127pts Exalted Sorcerer plasma pistol
127pts Exalted Sorcerer plasma pistol

472pts 10 Scarab Occult Terminators 2 Soulreaper cannon 2 Hellfyre missle rack

3 X 232pts 10 Rubric Marines soulreaper cannon 1 warpflamer

445pts Magnus the Red

We'll be getting the Tau previews week after next, right? Seeing as it goes up for preorders on the 10th.

Better get to assembling my Crisis.

Fair point, melee bots are kinda bad when deep striking without having turn 1. I guess it'd really depend on the board and cover options.

I tried infiltrating dakkabots in last weekend but didn't get turn 1 in any of my games, which was pretty fucking annoying since they then just ended up locked in melee with shit like Rhinos.

>Better get to assembling my Crisis.

That's a good way to make sure they have all the wrong weapons. I approve.

The plague spewer is heavy but you can't advance when you use teleport strike anyway as it happens after movement.

Is that a vehicle in the center?

It doesn’t bother me fighting unpainted, but week by week playing against people putting in little effort to paint or model well is really dumb. I get you may be busy, but just basecoating and shading isn’t that hard and it’s missing a big dimension of the hobby to just not do it.

Also I’ve noticed people that put no effort to hobbying tend to be the worse sort of players, waacfags or rules lawyers that only want to win. So simply put it’s not bother fighting unpainted, but paint that shit nigga

the greatest transport in the game

crassus assault vehicle

Anyone got any tips to transport Sydonian Dragoons inside the GW carrying cases without shit breaking? Any way to magnetize/pin it in a way that makes taking it apart for transport easy but keeps it mostly secure and stable when on the table during play?

Which vidya has the accurate depiction of melta weapons?

Does the driver sit on the right-bow gunner's shoulders?

But teleport lets them be 9 inches away and teh spewer range in 9 inches, which is why I asked after confusing myself with reading both rules consistently.

But assault weapons can be fired?

it saves space, and in the case of mixed regiments improves moralle

Had a chance to play a great game today - lost against a Chaos Soup but really enjoyed it regardless. I have to say plaguebearers with support hit a lot harder than I thought they would.

Don’t glue the rider or his joystick on, they’re a lot smaller when you do that, and stacking bases together makes it even easier. I’ve also considered magnetizing the foot joint so you have the legs and main bit, the feet on the base, and the rider. A lot smaller and easy to transport then

They have to be placed outside 9 inch. If a gun has a 9 inch range, well ... you do the math.

>think I have too many dudes
>tally up the points
>877
Back to the LGS again
GW can't even decide on how a melta gun works, and each game has them work differently

Teleport strike is more than 9, not more than or equal to 9.

That's not a venom...

> me thinking of my old warmahordes within/completely within range bullshit

I need to stop that.

Been trying to find Throneworld(beast series), doesn't seem to be in any of the Mega collections.

Honestly what hurts them the most is that they are an assault army stuck in a shooty codex. The rest of the chapters are all shooty and their tactics and everything else is meant to buff a midrange shooting focused forced that has the ability to get in combat and not fold so they dont excel in it, Black Templars get no bonuses or stratagems for close combat because of this but at the same time they dont get something to buff their shooting capabilities because theyre not supposed to, so they are stuck in this limbo of mediocrity.

I mean BA got a whole list of stratagems that help them move across the board into a better position (for assault or not) as well as buffing their close combat power, BT got one stratagem for close combat and thats it. I dont think Templars suck but they are certainly mediocre, though still fun to play and this is the best the chapter has ever been since 4th ed.

How would I fix them? Give them Vows back, make the stratagems and have them buff the army in different ways. I would also have their Chaplains regain the "Unmatched Zeal" rule, maybe its an aura that gives +1A or something but their Chaplains should also be a source of extra buffs since they dont have Librarians.

a venom is a little piece of shit boat that isn't worth half its points and looks like a vyper had a mid life crisis

rude

shit job. Here, I made it better.

So after calculating my point after reading the chapter approved... how does the list look?

Got a question about choosing targets during the shooting phase.

Situation is 2 Assault Marines within LOS of a Guardsmen and within 12". Those 2 Assault Marines are currently engaging a tank. Tank couldn't fall back, before anyone goes "why not just fall back". There is an HQ Captain within LOS and 15" of the Guardsmen as well.

Even though the Assault Marines are illegal targets, can the Guardsmen not target the Captain because it is not closer than the Assault Marines are?

Checked in Chapter approved, and FAQ for it, but found nothing. If the situation becomes that the Guardsmen cannot shoot because both are illegal targets now, that sounds absolutely retarded.

Any sauce on this?

>vehicle or monster
That's dumb
Looted tyranids should be a joke not a legitimate thing

Luther escaping? The DA codex.

The guardsmen cannot shoot the Captain, it doesn't say nearest legal target, it says nearest target.

With that fun-hating attitude, I can only assume you're an actual 8th edition codex writer. Please reconsider, I'm so fucking bored with 8th so far.

So they would not be able to shoot at all, if those are the only things within range of their weapons?

guardsmen can't shoot either target.

That is correct.

Correct, just like previous editions when characters could attach to units.

Thanks for the help, but fuck me that sounds dumb.

It's better than a dude's honor guard getting into combat and suddenly being unable to protect him anymore.

it is completely retarded, but that's 8th.

Remember, this is the edition where flamethrowers suck at defending against charges because the charging unit can start from out of range, and isn't considered to have moved within range unless the charge is successful AFTER overwatch.

Oi!
Go zog yerself, ya grot cunt!

no, that shit is dumb

Orks should be silly in our eyes, not in universe

Dont make my army into walking memes

Answer the following. Will GW ever:

> release plastic Aspect Warriors
> Guard other than Cadia/Catachan
> DE Characters
> new manlet Marines
> Slaanesh daemons
> a new army/faction

>Dont make my army into walking memes
Too late

Orks have always been the silly army.
Stop being a no-fun-allowed little shit just because you want to be edgy.

Do you ever paint models to an exceeding standard even if you will never play them? For collection or vanity purposes?

It doesn't change the described situation above, but that Captain and the Assault Marines are over 10" away from each other. I do understand your example, but it is not part of what's going on there.

Welcome to 8th.
After the ecstasy of a new addition, and breath of fresh air breathed into the hobby from the abolishing of 7th,
we're left with bland and boring shit with nonsense rules.
Enjoy the next 3 years until 9th edition.

New ork vehicle coming in december. Warbuggies with new weapon options, along with nob/big mek/painboy biker multikit and a new named warboss on bike

>fun hating attitude
Listen up buddy, if I had my way we'd still have the "trukks can carry as many models as you can stack on top of it" rule
Looted nids is just too silly

yes

I want my army to be threatening with mild humor, not a giant joke

stop playing orks then

So play Guard.

Orks have always been walking memes. You're like the retard who goes into a chinese buffet and demands the waiter serve him bratwurst.

play tau then

>too silly
>40k
>orks

Nope.

play genestealer cults then.

Exactly. Which is why they'll never have nice things.

Looted nids would be nice.

Why would GW spend any effort on a meme race.

I pray to Gork and Mork that this is true.

memes are powerful and popular enough to elect donald trump president. Why wouldn't GW invest in them?

3 people in my area, terribly lazy hobbyists, all started custodes and were excited about "finally painting an army" Skip to today, all of them have primed them with the lazy gold, no basing, no conversions, no character.

Its like all the laziest hobbyists got a giant boner for "muh 15 minute paintjob army" realized that it in fact was not, and just gave up on life. I keep hopeing 2 of these idiots collide and their collections spill on the ground while they argue whos models are whos.

Memes are easily forgotten.

Here's hoping, need user to buy his army

Of course. Orks have always been played 100% straight and serious in the lore. No tomfoolery to be found here.

good memes like orks are eternal.

The thing about Orks is that they can be both gruesome and terrifying, yet also silly and absurd, which is why they're awesome. It blends horror and comedy together into something terrible.

Making Orks go full meme would be a disservice to them. I like them as cruel, warmongering unstoppable brutes, not just meme-spouting green-skinned soccer fans.

They're a good laugh, but ork players will keep buying shit regardless so there's no need to update them.

Posted it last thread but I'll recap here: Morty actually is a bitch in DG lists, he requires too much support and is too vulnerable to getting BTFO by shooting. His problem is being T7, everything big wounds him on 3+ and bolters only need 5s.

t. Death Guard player who bothered to paint his Mortarion

I find that grey tide players are often fastidious about the rules, and extremely knowledgeable, the better to abuse them. They're not necessarily intellectually lazy, they're just not invested in the non-gaming parts of the hobby.

Which is why looted nids is so perfect. Orktards will now have an incentive to buy the entire GW vehicle/monster line for orky conversion potential.