MTG Finance General - Feb 25 2018

Interesting Finance: mtgstocks.com/interests
Finance Discord: discord. gg/U5Yh4Vj
American Marketplace: tcgplayer.com
European Marketplace: cardmarket.com
Derivative Marketplace: speedmtg.com

What has happened so far:

Challenger Decks - How far will prices drop?
Jace, the Mind Sculptor hits FNM - How did it look at your store?
Penny Stocks - What specs do you have?
Reserved List - Any spikes or news?
Bears - What's going to drop?
Bulls - What's going to gain?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/february-12-2018-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2018-02-12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>MtG Finance
Stock market for pussies.

Well, you're not wrong, but there's still money to be made.

I see the price of challenger deck inclusions like Chandra and Hazoret dropping to $10~. So that means now is a good time to rent copies from stores or borrow copies from friends, sell them, then buy them back later for less than you sold them for.

Will the challenger decks make the people who bought one drive up demand for Hazorets to get a playset to upgrade the precon or will the big print run just murder the prices?

>Now is a good time to be an asshole
As expected of MTG Finance fags

Look! Rhinos! RHINOS! Our enemies hide on FLESHY BOXES, the cowards! THE FOOLS! We… We should take away their FLESHY BOXES!

From what I have overheard my store talking about, those "$30" decks are only going to cost them about $16 to get into stock, so there's no way Chandra + Hazoret will exceed $16 as they could just open more packs until the price is lowered.

I'm nit an investor or anything, I just want the boros and orzhv fastlands. Will they drop in price a lot or should I wait until after rotation?

Now where do I get get M25 boxes for 150 buckaroos?

You are trash.

reminder that people like you are the reason magic is such a shithole of a game and community.

Second

Also stores cracking product to sell the singles is just as bad.

stores might do it, but you will be able to buy challenger decks close to msrp from big stores and its not a limited print.

The price drop of those cards in challeger decks is assured.

>ITT: a lot of butthurt poorfags who dont have the capital to make money off their childrens card game

>mfw I make money from internet meme coins
feels great

>implying any store will sell the red challenger decks for $30, they wont be less than $45 till the money cards drop

Nigga, challenger decks are not store exclusive. You will be able to buy it from big stores too.

check unless every LGS buy ALL decks from big stores like Best Buy, I don't see that happening, plus it's not a limited print. They will print more if demand is big.

>goto wallmart and target and crack the boxes for the chandra and hazoret and throw the box behind a display
>total cost $0
>thanks wizards

Is tireless tracker the new Kolaghan's Command?

t. nigger
and then your dirty kind ask why are you guys shot by police.

oh, I do that with Runescape

Virtually any investment will net you a bigger ROI than spending your money on Magic cards.

This is like dealing with those people who think it's a brilliant idea to drive right behind a semi truck to reduce wind resistance to save pennies on gas.

>Challenger Decks - How far will prices drop?
Fatal Push won't drop for shit or Walking Ballista.
>Jace, the Mind Sculptor hits FNM - How did it look at your store?
Jace is dead. Bury him.
>Penny Stocks - What specs do you have?
Fuck you.
>Reserved List - Any spikes or news?
Memes
>Bears - What's going to drop?
Everything you have.
>Bulls - What's going to gain?
Everything I have.

Wait till rotation for a drop, then pick them up when the price seems right.

If the cards they spoil are shit the price on boxes will probably drop.

>yfw 25 will still have 1 or 2 money cards so brainlets will still pay $250 a box for the chance to get a $170 foil

but I just bought a house last year. This is the property when its under construction.

Which grow 25% in value so far.

>thinks suburban property is a good store of value in first world countries with declining birth rates

Of course not, I'm just going to flip it 2-3 years down the line.

No that is not true in any provable factual way you are just a bitch that hates capitalism.

Welcome to every money-making opportunity ever. Here's your (You)

WTF is your attitude?

I don't even understand.

That’s what they said in 2007 too.

Ya man stealing for cards for a childrens card game legitimizes cop killings haha muh race science

I mean, do you know any billionaires that got there by being *nice* to people?

MTG is a game where people try to send you counterfeits and send refunds on card spikes and mail rocks with tracking. You have to mitigate risk somehow.

>shorting trading cards
this is humorous

There were M25 boxes for $130 before Jace got spoiled/unbanned.
You missed the boat.

As long as he does buy them back later to return regardless of price I don't see anything assholish here.

>I mean, do you know any billionaires that got there by being *nice* to people?
Isn't Warren Buffet supposed to be a bretty gool dood?

that mad tho

Ya but imagine how rich he'd be if he went into the MTG finance market.

INVEST IN PAUPER NOW!

thats the joke

Was mtg ever a children's card game?
Before they fucked with the stack's battle phase, introduced the conga line of doom, and decided never to print complex commons again in 2008ish, I mean.

>shorting trading cards
Is there a book of tactics or something? no wonder jews are rich, the talbub probably got all the secrets

>decided never to print complex commons again

Doom Blade is too good to be a common, user. Must make it an uncommon.

I see this sometimes. It's nothing to do with being Jewish. Did you know that some people who care about money (like me) know that there's ways to turn some money into more money? I used to call it common sense, but some people just want to turn time into money and never anything else. They will never be rich.

Yes, you can turn money into more money. Shorting is one way but holy shit, don't be wrong because you are obligated to buy the cards back to cover the short - even if you lose money.

Here's an experiment you can try. List a rare, expensive card on Ebay for TCGLow + 40%. If it actually sells, buy the card from TCGPlayer but put the shipping details in as the Ebay buyer. You now made the cards price + 40% - fees, and you never even had to have the card in the first place.

Holy shit, so smart, must be THE JEWS

Or, how about you stop being anti-semetic and just stop calling anyone with a higher than IQ than an bonobo a Jew? Concepts like this are pretty obvious if you aren't a total, complete retard.

>List a rare, expensive card on Ebay for TCGLow + 40%. If it actually sells
How would this ever happen. Why wouldn't they just buy from TCG?
Holy shit,is turning money into money just preying on the stupid and ignorant?

>Holy shit,is turning money into money just preying on the stupid and ignorant?
Yes. Welcome to capitalism.

That wasn't because of complexity, though. That was MUH LIMITED.

Speculation is a cancer.

As is rentiership.

>It's nothing to do with being Jewish
Did I need to add sarcasm brackets or something? I thought it was pretty clear.
There are people that just forward amazon listings and pocket the difference.

>Yes. Welcome to capitalism.

Don't worry, he's new. He'll learn the ropes or get poor trying.

Wouldn't it be better to do this with, say, Dragon Ball Super cards or Pokemon cards, because the people who like those games tend not to be as smart?

It is better but that's supposed to be a secret because it's where I make my real money. YuGiOh shorts are retardedly profitable + there is a dumb as bricks playerbase. Pokemon is full of 12 year olds but they're as smart as the 20 year olds playing magic.

>Concepts like this are pretty obvious if you aren't a total, complete retard
Personally, I never found anything pertaining to money particularly obvious in life.

I get what you're trying to say, turning money into money (you need dough to make bread) is an easy enough concept to imagine on your own. The problem is actually learning how to do it efficiently. Magic cards are pretty easy; anybody who gets past the point of realizing that you can buy low and sell high can easily access the mechanisms to do so.

But shorting is a weird concept; and a lot of people are risk adverse. So the idea of shorting goes against our hardwired programming and it takes learning to overcome that. Even the experienced people around me after teaching me to short did not completely encourage it; because even they knew that for most people the very idea seems poisonous and they didn't want me to recklessly explain to people that I was spending money to make money. Most people never run businesses (let alone short stock) so they have no fucking idea what it's like and if you tried to explain it to them they'll either think you're an idiot or a monster.

Still, the people who just blame the Jews are just fucked in the head. And they're just hardwired into blaming a minority for their problems, and the Jews historically were an easy target. The fact that people are still blaming the Jews in private (and I consider Veeky Forums to be pretty private) just means it's going to take a couple more generations to get it out of the system. I'm ethnic and I still run into people who can barely hide their racial discomfort around me; you got to forgive people; they don't know any better; if we were raised in their circumstances we'd be discriminatory fucks too.

>Pokemon is full of 12 year olds but they're as smart as the 20 year olds playing magic.
I used to play Pokemon at my locals, the kids playing were smarter than most of the adults playing MtG who were smarter than most of the adults playing Pokemon (yours truly being a reason for the qualifiers, natch).
Switched to DBS, and this playerbase is a bit better, but the game's still new.

>Pokemon is full of 12 year olds but they're as smart as the 20 year olds playing magic
I feel somewhat validated for quitting Magic recently because the people locally were fucking retarded. Passion for an amazing game kept me going for a while but it took me 5 years to realize that they weren't going to become better people.

Start playing DBS, it's growing and it's fun.

The only people that remain through the left-wing bullshit that Wizards is adopting prunes those with 80 or above IQ. All thats left is the excess. Those that don't make the cut.

>they weren't going to become better people
What does this mean, how does competence in a game relate to the player's ability to live morally?

Thanks but I'm done with card games. The moment someone tells me children playing Pokemon are more balanced than the people playing Magic - the premier card game in history, I don't feel comfortable investing my time and focus into what could just turn out to be another shitshow.

I love Magic still. But almost every conversation felt like walking through mud; you had to struggle so fucking hard to explain universal Magic truths to people. You sit there and have to explain to someone (who has apparently drafted for over a decade) that Vampire Nighthawk is one of the most fucking good cards ever printed for Limited; and if you encounter someone who already understands that, you have to struggle explaining to them that because it's so batshit effortless that you might not want to put it in a Cube if the goal of the Cube is to promote interactive gameplay over maximum-power.

That they weren't going to stop sharking, never learning the rules, teaching other people incorrectly because their years of experience must mean something, leaving in the middle of a draft, flaking out and not showing up for a draft leaving us with 7 people, or simply incapable of using public transportation to get where they need to be.

Has anyone here actually made any money on magic futures?

I made some money on options with bbe. Bought 100 calls at market price for like 0.25 each. Went up more than 0.25 lol.

BBE? Call?

Go to your store and ask to reserve a Bloodbraid Elf around a ban time. They may say yes or no. Now ask to reserve it at the current price. They will definitely say no.

So what can do is buy a call instead. For $0.25, you can reserve the card and the price. So when the price went from $2.50 to $7.00, I walked in and bought 100 copies at the old price. Since they were above the call price I paid plus the old price, I made a profit selling the copies on ebay.

You may wonder why stores sell calls. Well, someone else was there and bought 5000 calls on treasure cruise at $0.20 each. So they are probably not walking in and buying 5000 treasure cruises so the store just keeps his $100 and nothing else happens. The stores job is to try to make more off calls than they lose so prices on cards are different everywhere.

What caused BBE to quadruple in price?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/february-12-2018-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2018-02-12

Boy do you live under a rock.

>banned in standard
>rogue refiner
This isn't even combo bullshit,, this is a pure value card, how stupid does Wizards have to be to apparently let a broken value card into the format?

Okay, so I looked up "why rampaging feracidon banned," and apparently you can;t hve good value cards because they're not printing good removal or counters anymore is the gist I got.
What the fuck WotC. I'm supposed to be a wizard, not a summoner.

>I dont see the problem with selling other people's property so long as you don't get caught

this is why people hate Mtg players

I don't know about the borrow bit, that's between him and his friends, but the rent bit is justified. You're free to do what you want with it as long as it's returned in acceptable condition or a pre-agreed upon fine is payed for its absence or damage etc, those are the implied terms of rent.

No, any time you borrow something you have to give it back, even from friends. If I borrow a card to sell and return a card later when we agreed it would be returned by, it is not wrong at all.

Jelly poorfag detected

I’m quite satisfied with my house, wife, and 3 cats thank you very much.

Being married with a house doesn't mean you're not poor.

dies like all of the others. merely a fad.

>3 cats