NOBODY EXPECT THE IMPERIAL INQUISITION

NOBODY
we've rolled up a forge world that is pretty bland and unassuming
in fact it's almost TO unassuming so much as to be suspicious
this means that at least two inqusitors are convinced that the forge world is hiding something under it's apparently obvious facade
its not
were gonna roll both of them up at once
starting with three d100's for the genders
that's right THREE there are THREE INQUISITORS bet you didn't expect THAT you heretical swine you
GET ROLLING

here are the other threads btw
1 2 3 4

rollin

Rolled 81, 46, 21 = 148 (3d100)

fuck

01-60 Male: Majority of the inquisition seems to be male.
61-99 Female: Seemingly a minority in the Inquisition.
2 guys and a girl
these are just placeholder names but untill someone comes up with proper names the three inquisitor will be know as
sandra
andrew
and biggles
now 3 more d100s for ages

*inquisitors
*known
i gotta proofread these

Rolled 97, 86, 44 = 227 (3d100)

81-100 Ancient (250+): The upper limit is unknown, but it is expected some may reach several centuries old.
41-60 Old (90-150): It is at this age Inquisitors will have established themselves, with a host of resources.
Sandra and Andrew are pretty aged
Biggles has just about reached triple figures
all three are well connected it seems

3d100 for their ordos now it gets interesting
3d100

Rolled 94, 31, 64 = 189 (3d100)

81-100 No Ordo: Exactly as stated. The Inquisitor has no Ordo affiliations.
11-40 Ordo Hereticus: The largest of the Ordos, an Inquisitor of the Hereticus seeks out mutants, traitors and rogue psykers across the Imperium.
61-80 Ordo Minoris: The Ordos Minoris cover a plethora of activities that could come under the jurisdiction of the larger Ordos, but have been made into more specific departments to better combat a single threat. These Ordos are tiny in comparison to the big three, and have nowhere near the influence or manpower as the larger Ordos.
It is up to the player to determine whether an existing Ordo is used (Sicarius: Officio Assassinorum; Sepulturum: Chaotic/Alien diseases; Obsuletus: everything that won't fit in any other category such as ghost ships, Legion of the Damned, etc) or a new body is established, but it must seem plausible (e.g. Militum: Imperial Guard/Navy; Illuminas: Psykers)

Sandra doesn't seem to have an ordo
Andrew is a witchhunter
and Biggles is one of the minor ordos
this is just a suggestion but there's an entire ordo based on cutting through the administratums red tape maybe he was brought in by the other two to make investigating blandius II easier

next up title
the names are still placeholder but what's going in front of those names
the table says roll 1 to 3 times but since wer're rolling up three inquisitors at the same time they're only getting one each except for one who's getting two
4d100

Rolled 53, 73, 99, 38 = 263 (4d100)

Inquisitorial bump

71-100 Nothing: The Inquisitor's only title is that, which should be scary enough!
41-60 Nobility: Sir, Lord, Duke, Count, Boyar, Fürst, Emir, Sheikh, etc. are all titles that could be held in the Imperium, showing the Inquisitor has either come from a noble line, could have been awarded it or has simply usurped it from a previous (no doubt heretical and deceased) holder.
31-40 Facility title: Steward, Custodian, Administrator, Governor and Castellan are all titles an Inquisitor may possess if they are in charge of a particular facility, ideal for Inquisitors Historical or Theoretical that spend a lot of time in research archives at Inquisitorial strongholds, 'holding down the fort'.

since Sandra and Andrew are both ancient lets say that they both go by inquisitor
and Biggles can have the other two maybe 'administrator count Biggles' again the names are subject to change and i'm open two suggestions
the last roll made me think it would be easier to do these kind of table one at a time so i will when we get to methodology
but first
3d100 for philosophys

Rolled 12, 8, 44 = 64 (3d100)

01-20 Fiery Puritan: The most hard-line of Inquisitors, their faith in the Emperor is unshakeable. Monodominants dominate this category, with their hatred of anything not born pure human, pouring derision and hatred upon psykers, mutants and abhumans in equal measure to aliens and warp creatures.
21-50 Temperate Puritan: These Inquisitors understand the place of psykers and mutants is one of servitude, and that they should be made to understand their inferiority. These are Puritans that acknowledge psychic benefits.
i suppose Biggles will get more intense with age
also kind of makes sense as two why they won't just give up and leave
next up methodology
this is another 'roll 1-3 times' table but i will try something different for this one
roll 3d100 and if we get a result that seems incomplete we will roll again
3d100

Rolled 81, 18, 55 = 154 (3d100)

81-85 Periculam In Mora (Danger in delay): Knowing all too well that to hesitate for a moment could sign the death warrant of an entire world, informed haste as opposed to blind speed is their watchword.
16-20 Qui Vixit Bene Vivit (He lives well who lives unnoticed): Subterfuge and trickery can be valuable tools, something known to this character. Henchmen will often perform their operations as they watch from the shadows.
51-55 Etiamsi Fueris Turpis Hie Salvus Erit (Be saved even though you are filthy): The Inquisitor believes everyone, no matter how base and vile their sins, can be redeemed whether in this life or the next. Most often the latter.

Sandra acts fast.

Andrew is sneaky.

Biggles thinks everyone can be redeemed. but that's not really an ideology so roll another d100 for Biggles' second methodology

dice+1d100

Rolled 82 (1d100)

im dumb

81-85 Periculam In Mora (Danger in delay): Knowing all too well that to hesitate for a moment could sign the death warrant of an entire world, informed haste as opposed to blind speed is their watchword.
Biggles is also speedy
next up psychic ability
3d100

Rolled 53, 25, 42 = 120 (3d100)

Rolled 53, 44, 86 = 183 (3d100)

the fuck is wrong with me today

So far Andrew seems like my kind of bloke

51-70 Minor: Can exhibit and control minor abilities.
01-50 None: No psionic ability exhibited.
86-98 Talented: Comfortable with one or more psi-disciplines.
Sandra is a weak pyker
Andrew is not a psyker
Biggles on the other hand oh boy
next up quirks
3d3 for how much we roll on this table

Rolled 1, 3, 2 = 6 (3d3)

1 for Sandra
3 for Andrew
2 for Biggles
first up 1d100 for Sandra's quirk

Rolled 21 (1d100)

someone else can roll too

22-24 Terran pilgrim: The Inquisitor has been to Holy Terra, and this influences their behaviour and their usual topic of conversation.
probably why she's a puritan
3d100 for Andrew now

I rolled 21 user

fuck you did hang on
21 Visions: Some power has granted the Inquisitor visions, of the future, the past or hidden items. This could be a blessing from the Emperor, one of his Saints, or something more malign.
this could be what her weak psychic powers are
or what she thinks are her physic powers
sorry
3d100 for Andrew

Rolled 38, 79, 60 = 177 (3d100)

Rolled 20, 26, 70 = 116 (3d100)

anyone else in the thread?

Yeah, obviously

38-39 Luddite: Not very good with machinery, to the point that this Inquisitor will be distrustful of it and the Adeptus Mechanicus.
78-79 Mute: The Inquisitor will not speak with others directly. They may communicate through an elaborate sign language, telepathy or MIU-linked speaker-skulls or quill-skulls.
58-60 Injury: The Inquisitor is injured in some fashion, from something so grave even the surgeons of the Collegia Medicae are unable to restore them to full health to just an impressive set of scars.
maybe the injury is why he's mute?
the luddite thing fits in perfectly with the whole forge world thing
finally 2d100 for biggles

Rolled 12, 63 = 75 (2d100)

12-15 (in)Famous: Well-known throughout the Sector, either for heroic deeds or less inspiring acts.
63-64 Celibacy: Either through chemical treatment, personal choice or battlefield injury, the character foregoes pleasures of the flesh.
sector famous cutter of red-tape who's also celibate
now that that's out of the way
RESOURCES 3d5 for how much we roll on this table

Rolled 3, 5, 5 = 13 (3d5)

Sandra's only got three roll
but the other two are packing
3d100 for Sandra's tools of the trade

Rolled 51, 66, 56 = 173 (3d100)

51-55 Archivists: The Inquisitor has a retinue of lexmechanics, archivists and savants to sift through data and bring their considerable knowledge to use.
65-70 Well established friends: Influential characters friends in high places, such as nobles, politicians, etc.
56 Infil-traitor network: A number of mind-wiped agents with hypno-imprinted personalities are employed by the Inquisitor.
very espionagey i like it
5d100 for what Andrew has at his disposal

Rolled 70, 93, 30, 81, 91 = 365 (5d100)

65-70 Well established friends: Influential characters friends in high places, such as nobles, politicians, etc.
93-95 Expert bodyguards: Roll on the Expert bodyguards table.
21-30 Personal army: The Inquisitor maintains a privately acquired body of troops. Roll on the 'Personal army' table.
81-83 Forbidden tomes: The Inquisitor keeps proscribed texts.
91 Spy network: Infiltrators and double-agents feed the Inquisitor information from across the Sector.
this guys got friends in high places and a personal army
speaking of which
the personal army is a d100 and so is the expert body guard
so 2d100 for those

Rolled 81, 71 = 152 (2d100)

rolling for my boy Andrew
i'll try to think of a better name

I feel like this guy is the type to send out his henchmen to do his dirty work and won't even set foot on the scene until the threat has been completely neutralized

hmm, i feel like Augustus, Kaarel or Aradiel instead of Andrew

Maybe tie his injuries to this?
Like he is very conscious of his mortality?

personal army
61-80 Imperial (other): Arbitrators, Enforcers, Skitarii (technically Mechanicus, not Imperial plausible if the Inquisitor has ties with the Mechanicus), armed Cultists, Penal units, Naval Security, PDF, Noble House troops, etc.
expert bodyguard
81-100 Exotic: This could be Ordo-specific (Crusaders for the Ordo Hereticus, an Eldar Ranger for the Ordo Xenos, etc), or something unusual such as a unit of Skitarii or even a Space Marine!
i'll let you guys decide on the bodyguard also Andrew is just a placce holder but i like Augustus
next up 5d100 for what Biggles bring to the table

Rolled 9, 95, 42, 58, 17 = 221 (5d100)

01-20 Ties with: The Inquisitor is well-connected, and can call upon various organisations to assist them, be it the might of an Astartes Chapter or the unique skills of an Administratum archivist. Roll on the 'Ties with' table.
93-95 Expert bodyguards: Roll on the Expert bodyguards table.
41-47 Armed spaceship: Roll on the 'Armed spaceship' table.
57-58 Pets/Familiars: Everything from a favoured grox to cyber-mastiffs and psiber ravens.
01-20 Ties with: The Inquisitor is well-connected, and can call upon various organisations to assist them, be it the might of an Astartes Chapter or the unique skills of an Administratum archivist. Roll on the 'Ties with' table
4 d100 for all those additional tables

Rolled 25, 8, 13, 64 = 110 (4d100)

This guy is highly connected, must be the face of the group

>Temperate Puritan: These Inquisitors understand the place of psykers and mutants is one of servitude, and that they should be made to understand their inferiority. These are Puritans that acknowledge psychic benefits.

tie with
16-30 Administratum: Bureaucrats, archivists and logisters, the staff of the Administratum possess a great deal of information; they simply need to be told where to look.
expert bodyguard
01-20 Loyal henchmen: The rag-tag band the Inquisitor has collected over the years form his die-hard bodyguard.
armed spaceship
01-20 Frigate: A small vessel not intended for the heaviest actions, but still capable at chasing down pirates and protecting convoys.
ties with2
64-70 Noble House: Ideal for those of aristocratic birth, ties with the nobility can often lead to use of House ships, troops and funds, as well as bolt-holes and spies. This could also be a Navigator House.
i defiantly think this guy is a red tape cutter maybe he collected a cell of bodyguards and a frigate by moving around paperwork and that what his ties with the adminastratum are

i think that's all
Sandra might need a better name
and Administrator count Biggles definitely needs a new name
i'm gonna gather the info we just rolled up

Maybe name Sandra Yulia?
And leave Biggles as is? I don't know, it feels fitting.

No it doesn't. At all.

*Rename Sandra to Yulia*
I am a fuck up, sorry.

Yulia it is
as for Biggles we could keep his name but we need a title
administrator count doesn't really jel
sir inquisitor governor Biggles

Right, Sir Inquisitor Governor sounds imposing, but Biggles doesn't fit at all. What do you think about Tiberius or Lucius?

well, shame this one died.

Inquisitor Augustus (ordo hereticus) an ancient and puritanical witch hunter who is skilled at stealthy infiltration with access to a small army of crusaders, a pair of blacksheld bodyguards high ranking friends and some otherwise forbidden tomes and has been left mute after a severe accident with some machinery and therefore has distrusted the ad-mech ever since. is sent to BLANDIUS II to investigate whether or not any HERESY has taken root after it's attack on a heretical forge world and finds
nothing everything is completely normal, to normal, he decides something is up but since he can't find any evidence he calls in his equally ancient and equally puritan buddy
Inquisitor Yaria (no ordo) who has limited visions of the future and is skilled at espionage with a network of spys at her disposal this is around the time that chaos space marine start trying to find out what the forge world is hiding so she to is also suspicious about the forge world and there for she endeavours to find out the secret of BLANDIUS II how ever the administratums red-tape is slowing them down so she calls in
Sir Inquisitor Governor Tiberius (ordo Administratum) an old-but-not-as-old-as-the-other-two and puritanical-but-not-as-puritanical-as-the-other-two celibate inquisitor who is not only a powerful psyker but an expert in cutting red tape to allow the inquisition to perform their duties, he is so good at this that he's pushed around enough paperwork to give himself; his titles, an imperial frigate, a selection of the finest body guards in the galaxy, the service of a navigator house, and an incredibly rare pet/attack animal he helps the the inquisitors get around any red tape that might impede his duties and sticks around because apparently being able to mark himself down as actively on a mission helps him with his paperwork(he doesn't explain it very well but he's adamant that it's very helpful)

together the three inquisitors investigate BLANDIUS II and attempt to find out its secret

Great! Looks like these three will work together 'nicely'. So, what's next?

judgeing by th rolls on some of the other tables their might be a tau Cardre floating around
as well as dark eldar maybe we could roll one of those up

Looks like it's just you and me here, so let's do that in the next thread?

sure