Infinity General: Mean and Green Edition

nfinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where apparently no one understands what NDA stands for.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki:
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>released RPG books (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/QjERL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Bourak

What does NDA stand for ?

neo derran army

hyberbower :DDDD

oh fugg :DD

CB is a joke when avoiding leaks.

non disclosure agreement

>Yu Jing gets a new recreation
>IT'S LU BU

Does yu jing really need another biker unit that much ?Because you can't have Lu BU without the Red Hare.

Best models to use as Authorized Bounty Hunters? That hellcat jango fett has inspired me.

They are the closest thing to a biker faction, and they need more swag to make people not realize how evil the faction is

WAIT so what the fuck is actually going on? Is the invincible army coming out? Japanese rebels?

THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

>not making a horse recreation

We have no idea! But we are all excited! I hope that Yu Jing gets fucked over somewhat.

Both.

What are some good alternate paint schemes for haqqslam? Not a big fan of the standard one

What're the latest leaks/news? I've been out of the loop.

Japanese sectorial becomes unaligned and Yu Jing get the invincible army to replace them!

I saw them in tacticool black/grey with gold visors and they looked pretty nice
I guess you could go with a cream/green scheme or maybe a cream/blue

(checked)
CAN ANYONE OFFER ME A DECENT CHALLENGE?

So what's been leaked?

We are pretty sure that green guy in OP's pic is a new drop unit for YJ, maybe the fabled Shooting Star

Wow looks nice, have more pics?

JSA is leaving Yu Jing.

green guy is a tiger soldier, compare him to the one in the background

...wut

Yeah, neither are Tiger Soldiers. Compare both of them to a Tiger Soldier dossier or model. It's a totally different design.

It doesn't look like one though. The helmet is different, and so it's part of the armour

How the fuck does that even work?

The old JSA will stay as a YJ sectorial not to invalidate teh models (unless CB goes full retard), and there will be a new NA2 sectorial called Japanese Separatist Army or some such. Some profiles might work differently in each side.

>The old JSA will stay as a YJ sectorial not to invalidate teh models

Haha, good thing I still have my Cascuda and Operators.

>NA2
The fuck? I've been gone for a year, what is the NA2 army?
>invalidate teh models
They've already gone that before with the Caskuda.

I was mostly just asking how the fuck this happens from a fluff perspective. How the fuck can you pretend YuJing are a relevant faction when back on Earth, Japan gets independence?

Also Ko Dali. If Japs quit Yu Jing, they quit it for good.

>The fuck? I've been gone for a year, what is the NA2 army?
Unaligned/mercenary armies

NA2 are non-aligned armies. Currently only Druze sectorial is part of them. Fluff wise, we have no idea what's happening in Nippon.

And so will a part of the playerbase who don't like getting told that all of a sudden they can't use 1/3 of their models in their army. The GW trauma is real and I don't know if CB can afford such amounts of salt.

>gw trauma
??

Well, they've already axed an entire sub-faction of the CA, unsupported their models, and basically told Exrah-fans to kill themselves. So I can't imagine they care, moving forward. Which could definitely bit them in the ass.

I don't know if it's still the case, when I used to play regularly many players had GW trauma, i.e. they got burned on GW because of unbalanced rules/power creep/games decided by list-building or list-buying/throwing armies under a bus just to sell the hot new thing, and they came to Infinity partly because there were no such things here.

I've been 40king it up recently, who is going on?

>an entire sub-faction of the CA
Dude, I own all the Exrah models. Which is a whole 5 of them, and only the Vector HMG was one I saw others use regularly. I weep for the Caskuda because it's an awesome iconic model, but it's not like we were a full-fledged faction or even a sectorial.

thanks, understandable though

>How the fuck can you pretend YuJing are a relevant faction
No one knows!

Fagalag, that's bullshit and you know it. They had a massive number of models for any subfaction given the timeframe. Just casually opening my 2nd Ed book, Exrah had:
>"ISKALLERS" WCD Jump Operators
>WCD Vector Operators
>WCD Void Operators
>"CASKUDA" WCD Armored Jump Operator

For comparison to the other sub-factions that would go on to be turned into sectorials, let's just take a glance at the other armies.
>USAriadna
2 units. 5th Minutemen, Foxtrot Rangers.
>Merovingians
2 units. Moblots, Paracommandos.
>JSA
2 units. Ninjas, Keisotsu.
>ASA
3 units. Dragoes, Akalis, Bagh-Mari.

Exrah got dropped during a massive game overhaul because they were unpopular, expensive to produce and difficult to balance. Also there were 5 models for 4 units total, and the only ones people actually used were the overpowered ones.

Removing a (popular and useful) third of a faction out of nowhere for shits and giggles is a very different kettle of fish. Kempeitai getting dropped from vanilla (and potentially YJ JSA if there's a sectorial split) wouldn't surprise me, but Jap units as a whole getting dropped is not going to happen unless CB is feeling too successful and would like to lose a shitload of customer goodwill and a decent chunk of their shiny new playerbase. People care about Japanese units, they did not care about Exrah.

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just redesign the exrah. The caskuda was a fan favourite, they could have made it work.

Druze came out as an unaligned army back in December. In January Bostria announced that 5 new sectorials will be released this year and that something outrageous will happen in March. Some warcor has been dropping hints that one of the sectorials is going rogue. Now we've had images implying a Japanese uprising within Yu Jing, confirming that the sectorial breaking off from their parent faction will be JSA.

You say that, but hardly anything Japanese gets fielded in vanilla YJ. Ninjas and Oniwabans are pretty much it.

It's clearly a Shang-Ji

Forgot to add: the OP image was accidentally posted by an artist hired by CB to his personal gallery. It's been since removed, but it shows a potential new unit in the green HI guy with a Tiger Soldier orbital chute.

Define "recently", as in, what major thing last happened while you were still keeping tabs on Infinity?

Bullshit.
Aragato, Domaru, Keisotsu (filler, but used), Raiden, Kitsune, just to name a few I see often.

I always thought they took them out because they did not fit with the CA redesigning unifying of style. They have been doing for a bit now. Trying to make them more a tech / robot faction and making the Tohaa the Bio-engineered faction.

cool. thanks.

I hope they redesign the Exrah around the Caskuda. Their aesthetic seemed to involve throwing all sorts of different shit at the wall to see what stuck, and Cassie was the only one that really did. It'd be a shame to lose the identity Exrah had with their one good looking unit.

Keisotsu, Raiden, Tokusetsu and Aragoto see regular use, and to a lesser extent Shikami, Karakuri and maybe Domaru. And even in your JSA-light meta people still use some JSA units, and they won't be happy to lose them.
Add on that the large recent influx of vanilla YJ players will have a Ninja since one comes with Red Veil, and it's basically CB shooting itself in the foot for literally no payoff.

Even in fluff it would be pretty retarded. JSA loyalists not being allowed to fight unsupervised I could understand, but that they would be completely prevented from deploying or wouldn't exist at all is laughable.

CB has all of the data from army that show amounts of units used in factions, so I'm curious what the numbers actually are. They'll probably keep around the more unique things that people use but not the overlapping or rarely used profiles

Eh I’m not a fan of black/grey schemes, I think they look too dull on the tabletop. I’m thinking maybe a grey green/navy blue

i'm doing a tan/white with red, it looks nice and spicy

When new JSA is finally out I’m gonna do a Wu Tang Clan color scheme for them. What should my third color by? Black and gold for the main 2 with blues for the sci fi glowie bits

Can you take some sexy pics please?

Im thinking about getting into infinity after eyeing it for several years.
Just kinda wondering what each factions schtick is?
I just get lost in all the stats and weapons when looking at the wiki.

Every faction has a lot of choices and different playstyles, some can do a specific job a bit better than others-
What's your playstyle and what army do you like the best?

But anyway:
>PanO: the best at shooting, big mechs, generally hi-tech
>Yu-Jing: heavy infantry and sneaky units
>Ariadna: cheap units (the spammiest army), generally lo-tech, good infiltrators
>Haqqislams: excels at using light infantry, good at trading their units with expensive enemy ones, good doctors
>Nomads: best hackers, very good board control
>Combined Army: lots of different units, generally high tech and difficult to crack
>Aleph: a bit like CA, high tech with durable units
>Tohaa: no hacking, pheromone-based buffs, they play very differently from the other armies

Yu Jing is losing all JSA except ninja.

There's a faction rundown link in the OP.
Note that sectorials usually play slightly differently from their parent factions, but they mostly stick to their principles (e.g. Military Orders is a bit more assault-y than generic PanO, but it still is best at ranged combat, just mid- rather than long-).

Thanks!
I wanted to go for space spetznaz but it looks like USA in space has stolen the Ariadna spotlight.
Choosing between PanO and Haqq I think. I like those Hexa dudes cloaks plus those big mechs and Haqqs general apperance

>source: my ass

>I wanted to go for space spetznaz but it looks like USA in space has stolen the Ariadna spotlight.
You may be happy to know that there are rumors regarding the Russian sectorial army coming this year :^)

Both armies are very balanced, you can just choose the one you like the most. For PanO we have the Varuna sectorial (tacticool anti-terrorists operators) coming, and a turk sectorial for Haqq (iirc)

Screen shot it. Ava 1 ninja.

USARF is pretty much done now. Kazaks are going to be in the spotlight now or next year, I forgot if they were confirmed for this year already. Not like they're particularly weak now, people successfully play generic Ariadna with nothing but Kazaks. Considering this includes Tankhunters, Spetsnaz and Irmadihnos it's easy to see how.

Haqq is pretty close to Ariadna, though it does have a few hi-tech tricks like TO Camo and hackers. And it also has FUCKING GHAZI.

As for PanO, note that you're unlikely to field more than one TAG at once. The usual point limit is 300/6SWC and the cheapest TAG (Seraph) is 82pts/2SWC. We do not Triptide here.

I think you guys worry too much. This is not GW, I doubt it is just cashgrab. If CB decided to take a risk I bet they have something very cool planned

>:^)
Now im just worried
PanO are central european right?
>Anti terror sectorial
Space GSG9 sounds neat!

So say I pick either of these. I don't want to start with a sectorial right?
Better to just go whole faction initially?
Fusileres look way better than when I saw them years ago so getting some basic troops seem smart?

Privateer Press is also not GW yet look what it did to WarmaHordes.
I'm not worried though. As long as they don't pull a half-baked new edition I don't worry and if there's one thing you can't accuse Spaniards of is rushing things.

Album here
m.imgur.com/a/QjERL

PanO is mostly Australia + India + the Philippines + South America. They own the EU and what remains of the US as well

Sectorials have a bit more rules (fireteams) but less units and a more limited playstyle, so some people say they're easier for beginners due to a more restricted model variety. Not all sectorials are equal though.
Basic troopers are always useful generally, you still need cheaper units to produce orders

It's so fluffy it hurts. Nippon rising in rebellion, Glorious Yu Jing immediately stamping them down. And you just know Pan O and Nomads behind the scenes funding that shit. Aleph freaking out before it spirals out of control. Thing of beauty.

>PanO are central european right?
IT'S 'STRAYAN, CUNT

More accurately it's Australia, New Zealand, India and Brazil (and IIRC some other countries) buying out EU and buying/conquering USA after they collapsed.

They have an exclusive weapon called Drop Bear and their drop troops are recruited from Sikhs.

This goes out of the window a bit considering PanO has 3 planets to their name, aside from places on Earth and Paradiso.

Unless you want to go with Acontecimento the basic starter won't hurt. At the end of the day even Military Orders can use Fusiliers as cheap filler infantry. Also Nisses are top tier and you should consider getting a blister with HMG one as your first expansion (too bad he's packed with the meh Hacker now).

>my face while Yu-Jing pulls a Yugoslavia

>mfw Yu Jing gets split into 3 sectorials fighting each other

so like, what is coming with these teasers anyway?

all japanese are going to space gulag

>Aussies anti terror unit is called TAG
This is just too perfect.

TAG stands for Tactical Armour Gear and that's what the mechas are called.

The most Aussie unit is called NeoTerran Bolts, but I don't know if that means anything. They're also one of the few objectively shitty units in the game.

what happened to Warmahordes?

Yeah I know but irl aussie SAS is Tactical Assault Group. TAG.
Antiterrorism TAG TAGs confirmed

I'm amazed by how many times I've seen people from USA and Europe ignoring the fluff and inmediatly thinking that the Hyperpowered Blue Army is essentially USA/Europe in space.

"Eurocentrism"? "Americentrism"? I don't know how to call that.

Honestly I thought they were german/central-eu because of all the knights

That was the surprise behind that whole "Non Aligned Armies" logo. Apart from the druze, the JSA are going there.

But that leaves Yu Jing with just ONE sectorial army. It's an OUTRAGE!!!

Also the Swiss guard

To be fair, culturally they kind of are USA/Europe in space, concerning the whole "inheritors of the western values" thing they have going on.

And the Nisse being a Scandinavian folkrlore creature

Well... uhm...
T-that... That makes A LOT of sense, actually...
So... i guess me previosu whole statement was utterly... ahm... sir...

Pretty much this.

JSA going full Banzai causing ructions for Yu Jing. More weaboo fodder I guess?

>Implying Yu Jing isn't goign to smash this little insurgence with Imperial Service.

>All jap units can now be officially proxied as Kuang Shi in Yu Jing or ISS lists.

PP generated hype by promising a new and best-tested edition ever, fucked the release in a major way with glaring holes in testing, huge faults were answered with "working as intended" or players were blamed for not understanding the game, also spammy theme lists became even more important. Tons of salt, game pretty much crashed, most players left to whatever system seemed most balanced/competitive/suitable at the time. GW having just released a new, somewhat fixed edition of 40k didn't help.

>Horse recreation
>Gets Guard instead of being a biker

You mostly just need something to help make it pop. My Kazaks are done up in black/grey/white urban camo with a nice bit of red to help make the models pop and also look more like the Evil Assholes that everyone accuses them of being. The gold visors that other user was talking about should probably help with that.