/swg/: They have *how much* XP? Edition

Okay then, if the statblock isn't good for fighting 1000xp player parties, what xp level is it good for?

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---

> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/racing-into-action/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/blizzard-assault/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/the-rebellion-is-born/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/20/the-duels-in-portland/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtMcFh_K8to
youtube.com/watch?v=ydSM7LmQWSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Smile
Sweet
Sister
Sadistic
Surprise
Service
SAND PEOPLE

Have you used Tusken Raiders in your campaigns, /swg/?

>there's that projecting you do so well. most characters, even combat characters, are not going to have 6 in a stat and a beelined spec tree for the most damaging move available.

>beelined spec tree for the most damaging move available.

Otherwise known as "completing a specialization"? Also, unless you're playing a generalist character (which few do in my experience) you're going to hit 6 in your primary stat with your third (if not second) Dedication. Unless you're a slobbering retard who put Dedications in shit they're not specialized for, I guess.

The main thing to note here is how quickly you shifted the goalposts. You maintained that FFG Vader could "wipe the floor" with a party of 400xp characters, and when provided proof with not one but two builds that could tank Vader solo and do respectable damage to him ON THEIR OWN all you could claim that it was min maxing...because the two Dedications you're practically forced to pick up went into the main stat.

I mean, you're welcome to run those rolls I posted with out the single extra green die on the attack roll and see how much of a difference that makes...but then, I could also point out that I wasn't Aiming, which would add two blues.I in no way "stacked the deck" with those scenarios, they are literally just combat lightsaber specs. You know, the exact shit that Vader is supposed to be a master of and more than capable of handling without breaking a sweat. And that's not even getting into the fact that without any talents from those lightsaber spec trees, it's pathetically easy to take Vader's lightsaber away from him like a sulky child.

The statline is garbage, and the only way it would be a threat to a party of 400xp characters what if all of them had spent half their xp on social skills. Which would make them 200xp characters for the purposes of the discussion.

Don't bring your retarded arguments across threads. Leave them where they lie.

No, I don't use planets like Tatooine. They're supposed to be backwater, and reusing them makes the galaxy feel smaller.

Rubbish. All stories in Star Wars have to go to Tatooine eventually, it's the rules.

A backwater which happens to house the personal palace of the most important Hutt.

If he's the most important hutt, what's he doing on a backwater instead of nal hutta or wherever it is the cartel calls home.

Better than faction thread #2456. And it actually involved some maths, which is more effort than you usually see these days.

He's not the most important Hutt. He's the most important Hutt on a backwater. And honestly maybe not even that, there's nothing in the movies that suggests Jabba is the sole big cheese on Tatooine.

As for backwaters in general, I like it when GMs come up with their own planets instead of shoving in OT locations where they don't belong.

You don't have to continue if you don't want to, user. I've more than proved my point.

Nal Hutta is sacred ground, not much actual business is done there, just ceremony.

>He's not the most important Hutt
He's the most prominent Hutt on their ruling council.

I don't remember that being stated anywhere.

The Clone Wars shows that Jabba is one of the top five or six Hutt crime lords. Maybe he wants to stay away from his potential rivals and really likes sand.

>Maybe he wants to stay away from his potential rivals
By living on a backwater? That...makes sense, actually.

This isn't even the Legends version of the page.

It's TCW, probably one of the episodes that I skipped.

Still, the headquarters isn't on Tatooine despite that being Jabba's residence. That should tell you something.

He prefers the sand to the sludge. It helps exfoliate him.

Except the death of Jabba is now what canonical makes the Hutts a non-factor in the NuCanon universe.

Setting up your base of criminal operations on a unassuming backwater, away from prying eyes or competition, seems like he smart thing to do.
But then again, him making personal public appearances to promote himself at things like the Mos Espa podrace ironically seem to point to him not really being that important.

>A mob boss would never go to the racetrack

You'd think a guy with such importance and galaxy wide influence would be going to the best races in the galaxy, not to some noname shitrace on a backwater planet you literally chose as residence because of the fact is a fucking shitty backwater.
Of course you could say that the Mos Espa races are one of the best races in the galaxy, or that Jabba himself set up the race track for that purpose, but that kind of undermines the whole, 'lets settle on this backwater to avoid oversight' idea.
Maybe you can say he just intended to go because, why not, he likes podraces, or something, maybe there's more danger and excitement to these backwater races. But then the movie shows him introducing the races, clearly not in the manner of a casual appearance, and likewise, later on, falling asleep while the games are going, implying the races bored the shit out of him.

Ultimately, you can let it all base down on the fact that the original movies were not written with the prequels in mind. The prequels meanwhile were not written with the sequels in mind. And thus a fat slug mobster on a backwater planet who runs a criminal empire becomes part of an organization of fat slug mobsters and rules them despite being on a backwater planet who then goes on to be the fat slug mobster whose death destroys the fat slug mobster empire.

Veeky Forums do you think the vong would have been better if their lack of force presence was more mystical? like some ancient force sect had severed their ancestor's connection to it, and it carried over to the descendents?

kinda Ulic Quell Droma or KOTOR2 style?

Better, sure.

slowly assembling an all-droids Star Wars D20 campaign... I got a few quick questions if that's alright.

>Which is the best star wars roleplaying game for all droids?
>If one of the bosses is a gonk droid with mace windu's severed head, arm, and lightsaber stored in the torso, am I a shitty person?

better question: how the fuck does that work? Obiwan and yoda both describe the force as an energy field encompassing every living thing, permeating the universe itself.

how the fuck do you 'cut someone off' from that? how does force severing work? do you kill off the body's midichlorians? do you shutdown some part of the user's higher brain function? (assuming force use is a user defined action) do you create some special force bubble that you attach to a person, to parasite off of their latent ability?

ive been rewatching avatar the last airbender, and the idea of stripping someone's bending seems very similar, but instead of kí or chackra that exists inside the body, the force is supposed to be external too. how do you 'block' use of an external energy?

Not that guy, but I suppose you could keep Force from flowing "into" the lifeform in question. They would leave a "hole" in the force that would be detectable, but would overall be harder for a Jedi to deal with.

The difference between the case of Ulic Qel-Droma and KOTOR 2's exile is that the exile was not cut off deliberately, and the council admits this. When they "cut you off" from the force, it was essentially already done. It's explained that when your character did some crazy traumatic/genocidal shit before the game, (which is what merited the council's decision to cut off and exile your protagonist) their body basically cut the force away as a reflexive action in order to keep you from instantly dying. The emotional and spiritual trauma of the event you caused basically creates a very EVIL and HURTFUL "ping" in the force, and being very sensitive to the force, your character would have felt this and instantly gibbed, basically. So the exile's body says "That's fucking bad medicine, champ. Can't have any more of that." and cuts the exile off as a safety measure. So I'd have to say that in the Exile's case, it's probably a combination of bodily reflex and psychological block, so it's not so much anything that anyone ELSE did, but that your character is doing. Also, if I recall correctly, the Force itself even "sees" that there's something wrong with you. I can't remember for sure though, so take that last bit with a grain of salt. This is gone into with further detail in the actual game, so I'd look up some conversations with Kreia and the Jedi Masters if you want further explanation.

I don't know anything about Ulic Qel-Droma.

but how the fuck do you DO THAT? how do you just murder fuck a hole into the force?
i get when a force user gets PTSD or some shit and refuses/loses the will to wield the force, because yoda said it took concentration and will power, but assuming i Want to use the force, but someone has cut me off from it, how does that work?

how do you seperate something from the binding galactic fabric of reality without them dying or disappearing?

how do you then 'return' the ability to use the force?

it's magic

>FFG
>That's amazing.

yeah but even conventional magic has some sort of loose underlying explination. whether it is spirits, or demons, natural energy, some weird cosmic song-and-dance routine, it has an 'explination'

>but how the fuck do you DO THAT? how do you just murder fuck a hole into the force?

How the fuck does a mystical Force between all things let you glimpse potential futures? Or run really fast? Shit, if the Force is only between LIVING things, why can it be used to lift rocks and X-wings?

It's the Force. You ain't gotta explain shit.

FFG? Thanks!

The idea behind the droid is that Mace is kept "alive" but in a vegetative state, wires all up in his brain and in his arm. He can't really think but his connection to the force is intact (sort of) so that his lightsaber can be turned on, the gonk droid slowly walks towards the party with the lightsaber flailing in front of it like the knife tentacle box from /gif/

There's both the living and cosmic force though

i think the potential futures is because that energy field allows beings to move within it, and when it senses two such entities moving too close, coming into contact and conflict, which the force would abbhor, it tries to prevent the occurance, thus why most of those future snapshots being 'warnings' by nature.

as for rocks and xwings, the force is powered and molded by living things, it is an energy field that links all things, not just existing soley within living things.

Vader has stats? I'd love to see them, if anyone has them handy!

4u

The European Armada champion did an in-depth how to play video and a full 400 point game for Tabletop Weekly/Yogscast, if anyone was looking for a good video of either. The full game is being released in parts and only part 1 is out, and the tutorial is a full hour long, but they're both pretty good and Ben (euro champ) does a great job explaining the rules imo.

>youtube.com/watch?v=GtMcFh_K8to
>youtube.com/watch?v=ydSM7LmQWSs

Anyone ever played the Star Wars Miniatures? I heard it was a fun skirmish system with a decent ruleset. I can get a pic related at quite good price and I'm not sure if it is worth it

Blessings be upon you, user.

Do u have pictures of the ships?

Thanks! Choke seems like a fun power, though I wouldn't use him in this incarnation. Probably would give him 4 defense, at least.

Ok, then the cosmic force is what lets you make living things appear like rocks in the Force.

Check the last thread, the whole thing was an exhaustive breakdown on Vader's stats.

All that linking of math and shit made me realize that I do not fully understand what these results mean

I think It's fun. A lot of variety for Legends characters and a LOT of generics (especially for the Fringe faction).

I remember the rules getting a little confusing, but I was like 9 when I started playing so if I went back I could probably figure it out. I usually just played under abridged rules (shouldn't be hard to make up after reading the rulebook).

If for nothing else the minis are nice. I like my Neo-Crusaders

Also there's like three versions of Based Katarn

Basically, the numbers are the breakdown on each "axis" (Success/failure, threat-advantage, triumph/despair). In your picture, there is roughly a 63% chance of getting at least one uncancelled success. The odds of getting precisely one and only one success is about 21%, and the same is true for each amount of uncancelled successes after it. The odds drop with each extra uncancelled success because of the lower likelihood of rolling so few failures.

You'll notice that adding together the odds of success and the odds of failure doesn't give you 100% like you'd expect. That's because it doesn't display the odds for a perfectly even result of an equal amount of successes and failures. You have to add the odds of getting at least 1 uncanceled success and the odds of getting at least one uncanceled failure together and subtract the sum from 100 to get the % chance of that occurring.

Hope this helps!

Alright, that makes more sense now

Thanks user

I got two questions for an AU game I'm running, what would be a good way to have Thrawn and Pealleon split into seperate (possobly allied) factions, or would it be better to have Thrawn Already dead?

Also how powerful was Severance Tann in the darkside and how much did it affect her judgment?

Could someone post Ahsoka's stats? And Maul's?

>Also how powerful was Severance Tann in the darkside and how much did it affect her judgment?

probably not very, I'd put her beneath Ventress when she started. hard to say how much it affected her judgement since her whole shtick was leading an army against the good guys and being dooku's errand girl

that IS essentially what happened. Their home (Zonoma Sekot's daddy) cut them off from the force for being lil' bitches.

>He can't really think but his connection to the force is intact (sort of) so that his lightsaber can be turned on
but why would you need that

oops, I got that a little wrong. Yuuzhan'tar (their original homeworld) didn't do it deliberately. They lived in a sort of symbiosis with it, think the Zerg Overmind almost, but then after they cleansed their galaxy of machines they started some civil war shit and that blew up their homeworld. THAT cataclysm is what stripped them of the force. So it sounds like Jedi Exile and Malachor dialed up to a billion.

If I have my datapad with me, and I have a minute to work, would it be op to get a boost die on a slicing check by having a program on my datapad help me?

Same question for doctor, linguistics, food prep, etc.

If I have a high computer skill, can I roll a check to "craft" (write) programs on my personal datapad to help me with various tasks? Which would translate to a boost die I guess in game terms.

It's kind of implied that your slicer gear has a specialized datapad within it iirc.

>So it sounds like Jedi Exile and Malachor dialed up to a billion.
Jesus. That's Malachor 5 billion.

Speaking of do you think Saw Gerrera and the Partisans ever rammed any starships into the sides of Trade Federation towers?

Pic somewhat related

what the fuck is the context of this

How shifty was she? Arrogant? Open? A believer? A shrew?

This looks like Infinities.

Infinities, Yoda crashes the Death Star onto Coruscant likely killing hundreds of billions.

So much for the Jedi only using the Force for knowledge and defense.

You act as though Infinities has any weight on ANY continuity.

Infinities is usually deliberately exaggerated, because it's non-canon.

I know it's not canon, but you can make far less ridiculous AUs that are still interesting.

Star Wars: Infinites for A New Hope

Basically a series of "what if" stories about if something changes in an OT film and how the story would play out from there.

In ANH's case, one of Luke's proton torpedoes is defective and fails to destroy the Death Star. Yavin is destroyed, the Rebels crushed, and Leia is captured and brainwashed.

Luke, Han, Chewie, and R2 escape and go to Dagobah (at the request of Obi-Wan's ghost), and meet Yoda. Luke completes his Jedi training with Yoda after a couple of years, then they decide to stop the Empire (which has managed to maintain sole control of the galaxy) once and for all. While the rest of the gang has a final showdown with the Emperor and Vader, Yoda decides to board the Death Star and mind trick Tarkin into giving him control. When the team is about to escape, he decides to 9/11 the Death Star into Coruscant to cover their escape (and kill the Emperor once and for all.

This is treated as a good thing

Immediate context (this page is right before the first one I posted, followed by the last one)

It's an offivially made AU from the "infinites" line, Yoda is currently landing the deathstar on the emperors head

>"War does not make one great."
>*massacres millions of civilians just to kill one guy*

Let's be serious, the Death Star crashing on Coruscant could destroy the entire planet.

Don't worry, he didn't use the Force. Just a Death Star.

:^)[

>read doctor Aphra
>literally everyone in there is a lesbian

so this... is the power... of nucanon

I hate that I'm ok with a cast of lesbians, but then again I was ok with the space rock show

There's no point in fighting it, user. Just embrace it.

>Like Aphra
>Don't like constantly bringing up character's sexualities
Bring back Vader Aphra.

Honestly I ain't mad

Let the lesbians have their lesbian bait. If you don't like it you don't have to read it

I think that's historically been one of the strengths of Star Wars. There's a niche for nearly everyone, but you don't have to be crazy about everything

Embrace the "Gay Nyan Cat Meteor" that will erase all outmoded thoughts on Gender.

>make a miniature wargame
>put almost everything you'll be launching the game with into the core box set
>release the same miniatures but as standalone expansions for a much higher markup and with nothing unique
Why, FFG? Why do this to Legion? Even X-Wing gave something unique in the standalone Tie Fighter and X-Wing boxes.

So what is a Tank the New Republic had access to that could have challenged one of the Vong's Rakamats?

I think they're trying to cut down on X-Wing's issue of "Fucking nobody wants a StarViper for anything but Autothrusters" problem. The packs are self-sufficient, they give you the upgrade options you need if you want to expand to that unit.

The only exception are trooper packs, since you need to buy at least one to be tournament legal (I think. Core comes with 2 troopers per side, right?) and they have a different set of upgrades than the ones from core.

>since you need to buy at least one to be tournament legal
Tournament legal is 800 points with a minimum of 1 commander and 3 corps units. Two box sets would get you over the minimum.

>and they have a different set of upgrades than the ones from core.
Incorrect. The core set gives all of the upgrade cards along with every miniature. Expansion sets (Stormtroopers, Rebel troopers, AT-RT and 74-Z Speeders) offer nothing different from the core box. Currently the only unique expansion sets are the ones that obviously are not included in the core box at all.

>The packs are self-sufficient, they give you the upgrade options you need if you want to expand to that unit.
That's how it starts. Unless all the upgrades are specifically locked to individual unit types, it's almost inevitable this game will eventually have an auto-include upgrade that only comes with something no one wants.

I don't get Legion personally. The modelling aspect means it doesn't have the ease of play that X-Wing and Armada have. The board game like mechanics seem annoying and too simplified for it to be a serious wargame. If I wanted to play a skirmish game I'd rather just play Infinity or Malifaux. The only thing it has going for it is the Star Wars brand, but they've made it at a scale where it will be impossible for them to actually include the most iconic ground unit.

The trooper expacks have Grappling Hooks and Impact grenades, the Core has Scopes and Concussion Grenades.

Juggernauts, SPHA-Ts, and lots of AATs. All refurbished to modern standards

The lack of a connection to the Force was always one of the reasons I enjoyed the Vong.

In addition to making the Jedi think more, it was interesting to consider the notion that the Vong may not have truly been alive.

Come to think of it, they had more in common with sophisticated, biological war-machines than true beings.

I'm not sure the New Republic in Legends used any of that.

Not exactly related, but is going for a 6 in your main attribute actually the most optimal way to play?

We can continue to improve though.

it's the most optimal if you're specifically building to fight one opponent, in conjunction with going down the tree for maximum offensive ability in lieu of any other considerations an average character at that level might have made.

tl;dr, his idea of what a 400 xp character should look like is heavily skewed towards a murderhobo style of play, shown by how he doesn't even consider XP spent on anything but combat to be XP spent at all.

What ships in FFG could be refluffed as similar ones from the Old Republic era?

Nobody is going to use grappling hooks over targeting scopes.

Buying the stormtrooper expansion just for anti-armor grenades when you've got the HH-12 rocket launcher the DLT-19 (each providing an option for access to the Impact keyword) as Imperials is downright retarded. You won't need it, you'll want the Concussion Grenades to prevent rebel trooper swarm.

As Rebels, impact grenades are slightly more worth considering but only if you're running your AT-RTs as anti-infantry with the rotary blaster or flamethrower. Although I'd imagine that most people will be sticking with the Laser Cannon to deal with 74-Z spam which is emerging as a popular tactic for the Imps. Also forcing your troopers to deal with armor is bad. Impact grenades only have a range of 1, whereas your AT-RT could be swinging at range 4. Good fucking luck getting your troopers into range 1 of speeder bikes for long enough to make those grenades count.

oh boy, accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. Anyway

Looking for some plot hooks, ideas for enemies, adventures, anything goes. Going to be running a campaign for a single player in the Empire, playing as an Emperors hand in training, balancing "Hand" duties with normal Imperial ones, presumably as an Imperial captain of a not too oversized ship
The idea is atleast initially to be sent on a series of missions that test not just combat abilities but also general potential as a dark sider stooge. Some of the potential enemies to be faced I had in mind is
>A nikto/Morgukai jedi hunter
>Young human pretending to be a jedi in order to inspire revolt, using miniture repulsorlift technology to replicate telekinesis acts to impress people of his capabilities
>hunting down and killing an actual surviving jedi knight, this could be the final test to become a full on Hand/trusted minion
>Rival Hands/inquisitors that one would have to be sneaker in order to deal with
>Dark side cultists, probably decadent nobles on the Core worlds influenced by sith holocrons acting against the Empire
Probably lots of criminal shenanigans too, like dealing with the Cartel or Black suns

Even on non-combat specs there's not much to do other than beeline for Dedication anyway.

Reposting PBTA Star Wars.
Until you like it.

I have no idea what the new Republic used but I could believe them brushing off some good designs aND making use of them.