Witches > Sorcerers > Psions = Mages > Warlocks

Witches > Sorcerers > Psions = Mages > Warlocks

I think we can all agree on this, Veeky Forums

Dont care = I > you

Where do Artificers fall in this ranking?

Depends on the settings and system

Why does she have a zipper on the front of her dress.

Easy access, duh

I would agree but I just watched a cute movie about a temp witch so I may be biased right now.

But a dress is already easy access

They're a handy class, but they're not the end all be all of magic users.

Drop Sorcerors to the bottom and I'll agree.

Sorcerers are awesome, user. Don't you dare. They should be on top.

Sorcerers are garbage, user. Warlocks and Wizards at least have an excuse to gain their powers, sacrificing either countless hours of study, and Warlocks tapping into a source of power that might backfire at any time in order to gain their spells. Sorcerers on the other hand are the most boring type of magic user, seeing as they simply won the magic lottery and having to put no effort into gaining their powers. Sorcerers are the faggy rich kids in the magic campus.

Sorry user, I know I'm a pleb but the only place I've seen sorcerors is D&D where they're just shittier wizards.

Sorcerers are good as a concept and in stories where the magical power comes from your own blood, which can be a pretty awesome plot hook if the player played his cards well. Also I like the idea behind them becoming more and more unhuman and similar to their ancestors as they tap more into their power. Of course I'm talking 5e or Path Sorcerers here. 3.5 and other editions just handwaved it with a: "Dunno, dragon blood I guess."

I must say you're right here. Mechanically, Sorcerers are worse than Wizards. But I prefer them as a concept.

Nope.

Loli witches are the best

>Witches are the best
>Warlocks are the worst
user, they're literally the same thing.

I somewhat agree.
Also the proper form of witch like the Baba Yaga. Not necessarily evil but highly volatile, crazy and alien to the regular human. Everything around them is strange to the regular human. Walking houses, speaking and animate objects. A peper-grinder that which houses daemons etc.
Same goes for WIZARDS all caps. Not just some dudes throwing fireballs, but bending the fabrics of the universe in strange ways.

Witches/WIZARDS>Rest

Pretty difficult to bring that into game mechanics though.

Witches are cute!

>Sorcerers are the faggy rich kids in the magic campus
You can bitch as much as you want about them, but given the change anyone would pick to be rich

They sure are.

What the fuck is a mage? That's generally an all-encompassing term for an arcane magic user you dolt.
Did you mean wizard? Because if you did you're objectively wrong.

When it's unzipped, it restricts her legs less.

Magic-Users >>>>> Witches = Sorcerers = Mages = Warlocks > Psions

But that's wrong

>superstitious ritual casters who live in the woods
>somehow superior to enlightened, scientifically minded mages
I came here to laugh at you.

I wish we had mods that would delete all these shit threads

That's warlocks and clerics you're thinking of.

If you have MUs there'd be Psionicists instead of Psions.

that's the point, user, wizards and warlocks are people who have given everything to become rich, while sorcerers are conceited kids who are born in wealthy families and are allowed to do whatever they want without the sacrifice involved, but unlike riches, he can never lose such a gift, there's no fortune to be lost by bad decisions, they're perpetually conceited by magic

Why would she need to unrestrict her legs...?

Source? That looks like an extremely /comfy/ movie

>Witches, Sorcerers, Wizards/Mages, and Warlocks are different things in his game
>Not just different titles for the same overall magic-using class or profession

Spot the pleb

>sacrificing either countless hours of study
I don't think I've ever seen a wizard PC sacrifice anything for the sake of studying. They inspect plot-important tomes, but their actual powers are pulled out of their ass just as much as with sorcerers. Even lore bards are more scholarly.

maria and the witches flower

Witches are goodness even if they aren't from Pathfinder

For running.
Ever seen a movie where a girl rips her pencil skirt along the sides to ensure that she can run instead of walk?

>Knights, Samurai, Warriors, and Duelists are all different things in his game
>Not just different titles for the same overall melee weapon using class or profession

>10 children
>presumably another on the way
daaamn

I mean, they are.

I live in Utah and this seems perfectly reasonable.

They literally are though...

Part one for funsies.

I count 12.

Now it looks like Teaching Feeling with genders in reverse...

They are what, exactly? What single class do you lump together a nobleman in a tin can, a dude in a bathrobe and a heavy curved sword, a guy who fights with a pike alongside a hundred other dudes with pikes against a hundred other dudes with pikes, and a conniving cunt who only fight a single person at a time when insulted or to settle legal issues or bets? What single thing encompasses all of those things which they all share? Using a weapon? Fighting? Anyone can fucking hold a weapon, so that doesn't describe their group. Likewise, anyone can fight with one, so fighting doesn't describe them. You could be forced into a duel, you could be conscripted, you don't even need training to be those things, so to even imply that training in the ability to fight is what binds these few together is bullshit.

What someone is trained to do and what they intend to do with it defines what they do and how they do it, and therefore, what they are. You can't boil it down. Since this isn't about melee characters but instead about Wizards, Sorcerors, Witches, and Warlocks supposedly being the same thing, let's switch back to that now that I've made my point clear with the martials. Because of their reason behind their powers, what they intend to use it for, and how they're employed, they're different things.

"Heh-heh-heh. . . my tastes are indeed wicked. Making a human slave boy my familiar. . ."

"What, are you trying to make a soccer team?"

Witches >= Academic Mages > Hedge Mages >>> Sorcerers > Warlocks > Arcane Refuse > Psions.

Witches have a solid, appealing theme and well-defined style. Depending on how they're executed they're either more interesting or about equivalent to "Magic as a science" types (typical wizards, artificers). Academic mages have a background and organization to more properly represent a learned caster than a generic book-having hobo nobody mage. Affiliate yourself with a damn school. Still beats "muh instinct and willpower" Sorcerers, though. Sorcerers are fucking faggots who pretend to really grasp magic because they won the superpowers lottery yet still get BTFO by casters who actually know what they're fucking doing. If you get born sorcerer do yourself a favor and cross-train into magical skills because farting fireballs isn't going to take you as far as you think. At least they aren't warlocks, the sad schmucks who make shitty deals for their arcane power. Stay in school, kids, and you too can wield the fundamental forces of creation without ending up Pazuzu's bitch. Warlocks are spared the tiny little bit they're spared by the fact that you do kind of have to give mad props to the VERY few who successfully cheat and/or usurp their "patrons". It was still a stupid idea, but they made it work.

And then, there are psions. They're like sorcerers, but ill-defined pretentious douchebags who act like their shit doesn't smell. They like to pretend their new-age "crystals and ectoplasmic goo" bullcrap makes the, somehow "more real" or "more original" than other mages but really they're about as real and original as Coldsteel the fucking Hedgehog. The sooner we can get them deprecated so we don't have to mention the stupid fucks in the same breath as proper mages or even Warlocks, the better.

Why ya gotta hate, user

Man, soul eater had such potential, but they couldn't escape their bullshit genre limitations of being a shonen ball-less pussy shit-tier drivel.

They had a group of people escaping mortality with a god-of-death feeding propaganda to a bunch of children. Post-war terrorism springs a pseudo-god of madness unhinging all of death's subordinates..... but no. Despite all that they STILL had to go with the "but I'm even more powerful" trope and rode the genre standards like a good little studio is expected to do.

It’s shounen. Hating it for shounen elements is dumb.

Yeah, but I feel it could have been so much more if it just broke out of it's genre a little.

Witch isn't a very gender neutral term so it goes at the bottom for being narrow (and also having dumb costume choices associated with it)

>Witch isn't a very gender neutral term
Literally the opposite of the truth

druid > everything else

You're arguing mechanics versus the narrative

The fighter is just the chassis that you can paint narratively all you want. The fighter can be anyhing from a noble douce bag in a tin can to "SHAMFUR DISPRAY!" the bathrobe wearing weeb and maybe, just maybe, there are options to do some things that may be commonly associated with these archetypes but otherwise "I roll to hit" is fairly universal.

Same with casters except now you can say I do X spell which may or may not be inspired by whatever tradition/culture/etc but is generally ignored because all you're really looking for is the mechanical effects.

I'm not a fan of the new age crystal crap either but I'd still take psions over most of the magic using classes. Witches and warlocks at least have a theme. Wizards/Mages are trying to fill so many different archetypes at once that they don't fit into a class system, and sorcerers are basically just psions that don't have to deal with specializing.

this, unironically

>(and also having dumb costume choices associated with it)

>Insulting the hats

How does it feel to have no taste?

More like: Humankind>everyone else

Meanwhile in real life most legends about spellcasters involve them having divine/demonic/supernatural bloodlines in them.
You are and idiot.

mlem

I don't see how that's relevant to what I said. I don't think it's an interesting approach to spellcasting, period.

>hurr durr muh hard work and bootstraps
It is relevant, you're just too much of a brainlet to see it.
Spellcasters in myth didn't earn their power, they were born with it.
Trying to make magic scientific and learnable is an exercise in demystifying magic and making the wondrous mundane.

Honestly I think self-taught magical classes should be removed and be replaced by inherited magical bloodline/abilities or bargaining with supernatural powers in exchange for magic. If magic is just something that is learned it makes no sense why not everyone at least tries to use magic. Before civilization everyone was self sufficient. You better believe humanity would have learned some basic useful magic tools during that stage.

"Hard work" is a red herring anyway, because EVERY class has to work hard for their abilities. Even sorcerers have to put in a ton of practice to master their powers.

>tower mages
>not taking their studies into the field for hands-on research.
Good choice of philosophy, fellow scholar, but you gotta earn that tenure.

Haha it's okay officer she's a witch

>He expects /comfy/
>All he'll get is /FEELS/

>witch
>not gender neutral

Potterfags need to die

>tons of practice
>literally just dial-a-fiend and ask for free power

Sure, seems reasonable. On the other hand, they're all garbage compared to the best spellcaster class, Blue Mage.

If you disagree you need to kill yourself before your shit taste infects other people.

Is that the translation? If it is I can edit the images with it.

Blue Mage a shit

if it took no effort everyone and their grandmother would be a level 20 warlock

>You think me mad?
Using the wrong grammar isn't helping your case, it should be: "Do you think I'm mad?"-

True it probably would have been much better as a manwha or something a touch more serious but I do appreciate what we got. If nothing else, I appreciate the fact that exists, is Best Mom and technically won at her desire even though she killed herself to do so. That's fucking dedication to your goals right there and why I'll always include Medusa in my top 5 villains.

Curses and hexes (both with in included loopholes that could affect even you) better than Spiritual magic, Psychic forces, scientific magic and demon magic.

Potterfags are all retroactively faggots

Witches are, and up until this magical girl/Harry Potter shit always have been, women who fucked Satan and got occult powers. AKA individuals who made a pact with an otherworldly being for magic. AKA Warlocks.

Witches are traditionally any man or woman that wasn't acting normal, in a way that aroused suspicion from his or her fellows

>always have been, women who fucked Satan and got occult powers
You forgot to mention that they had to fug him in his butt because the devil is a power bottom.

Depends on what witches you're talking about and from where. In Britain, there was a belief in white witches, as well as Clever Folk who used occult powers unrelated to Satan or demons.

oh it's on now motherfucker

Cunning Folk, rather.

witchers are actual shit tier for anything other than an antagonist to something like a druid

No, actually. The grammar on that is perfectly fine, you're just an idiot, and by trying to sound smart, you have unwittingly revealed that fact to the world.

shit taste

>witches over psions
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

one is male

>2018
>Still using magic systems

It certainly doesn't reflect that in the mechanics. There's no penalty for stiffing your patron even unless the DM decides to go out of his way to do so, same with clerics.

Do you think Red ever tapped that?

The only one that ever tapped that is hypno

t. extensive natsume research expert