Paladin Novels

Does anyone have some good Veeky Forums fantasy novels they could reccomend?

I've been reading a whole bunch of fantasy, but they all seem to deal with anti-heroes (the Drizzt effect I like to call it.) Are there any good books that feature a LG protagonist? I tend to rp LG and I'd like some inspiration, as well as some literary entertainment, so I'm coming to you elegan/tg/entlemen to help me out.

Other urls found in this thread:

wanderinginn.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you can stomach shitty writing, you have Jap light novel called Faraway Paladin / Paladin of the End. Better than most isekai I've seen.

Also, I'm interested as well in novels with a genuinely good protagonist.

>If you can stomach shitty writing
I'm not sure that I can, but thank you for the suggestion regardless.

Deed of Paksenarrion was pretty good. It's a slow as fuck start, with a whole book before she actually starts being a Paladin, and there's a huge dip in the middle which is a bit of a slog, but overall it's a good paladin story.

>Deed of Paksenarrion
Slow is fine, thanks user!

>Also, I'm interested as well in novels with a genuinely good protagonist.

The amount of "Dark Heroes" today is stupid. I know trends shift, but sometimes, I want to root for the goddamn good guy, you know?

Ye, I know.
For me the feeling is especially strong because I am fresh of the ICE's Malazans and Cook's Black Company.

Have you tried Mage's Blood? It's a big epic, but there are some heroes in it.

Night of the Wolves by David Dalglish is the start of a pretty good paladin series. I think there's three or four books, I enjoyed them.

I'll check it out after I finish the current thing I'm reading.
Goblin Slayer

>Night of the Wolves
If you want, smashwords has a free epub, to see if you like his writing style.

Any dragonlance novels that has Sturm Brightblade in it. Not a paladin per say but he was the most knightly motherfucker that has ever knighted.

The Deed of Paksenarrion is the well-written and realistic story about a young tomboy who signs up with a mercenary company as a grunt, and through her experiences and adventures eventually sets on the path of becoming a paladin, and the difficulties and moral dilemmas she faces (no, not whether to kill orc children). It's honestly one of the best fantasy novels I've read.

Oh shit, someone got there first.

You already convinced me
I bought the set based on that.

Just as an extra: the writer, who's a woman, served in the Marine Corps, so that's probably why her depiction of grunt life is so believable.

Stormlight Archive.
The Knights Radiant are essentially paladins, as they're bound to act a certain way due to the ideals they have to swear.
Also, one character's name is one letter away from paladin, so there's that.

Just downloaded, thanks anons. Also bought the deed of paksenan or whatever on amazon.

It's fine, they call her Paks.

>one character's name is one letter away from paladin
Fucking hell didn't notice that.

Good luck never not noticing it in the future!

>only free shit I could find are audiobooks

>Better than most isekai I've seen
Faraway Paladin's writer is clearly disgruntled by standard isekai cliches, to the point he pokes fun at them sometimes.

Which is funny because the D&D paladin class was itself based on an incredibly generic isekai protagonist.

It works with D&D because it's a class, not a character.

The Elenium Books

Sparhawk's my man

Never heard of them, quick synopsis?

wanderinginn.com

There you go.

Seconding!
A knight from exile is called back after ten years by the new young queen,
only to find her poisoned & in a magical stasis. She has been encased in diamond to keep her alive. An evil priest is trying to usurp her throne, so all the Holy knight orders conviene to send a champion from each, to come together on a quest to find a cure. It's pretty awesome

Ok, I'm sold. Available cheap as an ebook somewhere, or am I giving Amazon more money today?

I don't know, sorry. The Author is David Eddings