/cyoag/ - CYOA General

For the Drives, Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

>Yokai hunter
Got my attention

will this be expanded on at any time? If so, I'd appreciate some sort of healer/healing option.
I have a gimmick I need to maintain, you see.

Go back to the sex dungeon, heal slut.
We don't need you at the moment.

Yokai Hunter CYOA:
>[Gaijin]
Proficiencies:
>[Onmyoda]
>[Shugendo]
Talents:
>[Retainers]
>[Charismatic]
>[Scholar]
Ambition:
>[Protector]
Allies:
>[Wary Partner: Mushishi]
>[Useful Contact: Shugenja]
>[Elusive Love Interest: Kitsune]
>[Smug Rival: Onmyoji]
Nemesis:
>[Shinigamihime]

actually is healbrute not healslut, but I guess I set myself up for the confusion

>Healers
>Being anything other than a slut
lmao

Needs more nemesis options reeeeee

>who are you ?
Ronin
>proficiencies
Yumi & Naginata
>talents
awareness,infamous and ki strike
>ambition
Conqueror
>partner
Bozu
>contact
Mushishi
>love interest
Goze
>rival
Kabuki
>Shinigaminihime

Sorry for the RYOA

Most of that guys cyoas cant even be posted here

I'm happy with the response to this -- btw thanks for playing Yokai Hunter everyone, I appreciate that you're enjoying it -- so I'm making plans for a Page 3 expansion that will detail some of the encounters you might face hunting yokai in the wild.

thanks man, great cyoa

please change kojiros name from tsubame, its so dumb

Wasn t someone working on a new fate cyoa with tons of servants? Nothing new on that?

Make sure you add some manhunts too for those of us interested in dealing with murderous humans.

This. Champion is there for a reason

Not just champion but protector, it's not unreasonable we have to deal with humans assaulting harmless Yokai.

If you want to, I'd like to see some encounters that aren't purely combat based. Like an encounter where its best outsmart/befriend the youkai instead of fighting.

I'll bite.
My name is Hangyaku.
I am a Hanyo. Born looking like neither parent, it was said that I was the child of an Oni. While my parents believed this to be superstition, the skepticism faded as I grew.

I was taught to be proficient in the ways of Onmyodo, raised with great monks as my idols. I had been refused to join their ranks, due to the dubious nature of my birth, but a pair of monks went against the better judgement of their peers and sought to teach me. Despite my skills dedicated to protection, something about the Kanabo felt so natural to me, so righteous, as if proficiency with it ran in my very blood.

From birth I had been a talented Bruiser, rarely starting fights but always ending them. My mentors saw my promise as a student, and showed me the secrets of manipulating ki. In doing so, I learned to focus it into a Ki Strike. Early into my adulthood my spiritual heritage finally manifested one night when, in a fit of rage, I fell to a monstrous Transformation, adopting what I assume to be features like my real father, and have since sought to keep this aspect of myself in check via great discipline.

I have had thought long over what the next step in my life is, and now I think I've finally decided. Though some may one day call me a Conqueror, I see people oppressed under the cruel shogunate, and harmless spirits hunted as though they were monsters, and believe a safe haven for all is needed. A new place, where youkai and humans can coexist.

Joining me is my Wary Partner, Bozu, one of the monks that took me under their wings. He stays with me, schooling me daily and keeping me focused, reminding me that I am more than the sum of my parts, heritage included. Even with age, he still has the might to beat me out of a rage fit. Though he is skeptical if man and yokai can truly live together, he admits that his acceptance of me against the wishes of his contemporaries means there may yet be hope for others to feel the same.
>Cont.

>Cont.
Now and then we meet with my Useful Contact Shugenja, the other of the two monks, to talk of the state of affairs and to train. Shugenja is a kinder man than Bozu, and firmly believes in the need for balance between man and yokai, but he works to try and change the minds of his fellow people casually, diplomatically, and thus opts not to join our travels. In my journeys I have often met, and lost to, the mighty Hitokiri. Our sparring always comes close, yet despite having only one, she always finds the upper hand. She claims that there is a bounty on my head, that to some I am considered a monster. She sometimes jests that a monster wouldn't look as sweet as me, but money is money. Still, she always makes a show of my defeats, dealing the 'finishing blow' with explosives before vanishing. I wonder if she knows I know she's intentionally using too few to kill me, my Elusive Hitokiri. Along the way I have also come across a man by the name of Shugoki, a fellow travelling warrior for hire, and he has become a Smug Rival of mine. Often we butt heads, him often serving under less than kind lords, and seeming driven to prove himself the greater "Oni" than me, despite to lack of desire to be one.

On my journeys I came to a village of Oni, living with humans, and thought I had found a friend to my cause. I was wrong. It was a war camp, the humans there captives, as slaves or as food under the gaze of the Daimyo. I and Bozu nearly didn't make it out of their camp, only let in for they thought I was one of their own, but as I fled I felt something familiar in the Daimyo. I don't know if it was his looks, or the air about him, but I felt as though I knew him from somewhere. For now, he is my Nemesis, and he will forever be a reminder of what I cannot let myself become.

They aren't names, they're titles or roles. I chose that to represent that he's become famous for his swallow-cutting sword strike. I'm open to suggestions for alternatives that aren't just "Kojiro". Something like a Japanese word for "expert duelist".

Mixing in some human targets sounds good. Dark magicians and those attempting to use yokai as tools for their own ends.

I used the word "encounter" rather than "battle" for just that reason, I am hoping to include some non-combat resolution options in certain situations.

A list of places to visit when?, Side jobs to do when? date spots with waifu when?

Can the duelist talent be picked even if you use a kanabo ?
Because I like this skill but battojutsu doesn’t seem compatible with a club

De~yuerisuto?

>Doing battojutsu with A FUCKING CLUB
>Cutting people in half with A FUCKING CLUB
Sounds more impressive if you ask me

actually sounds like a neat idea, a man using swordfighting technique to focus his strikes with the Kanabo

Have some OC. I hope it's OK, I've never made a CYOA before.

Expanding the CYOA too much might be risky

Try re-exporting with max image height at 10000 (ten thousand) pixels.
If the filesize goes above 8 MB, just resave it as JPG in IrfanView (which has plugins that can auto-calculate the compression to keep the quality as high as possible while still being at-or-below a given size) or something.

> can't fuck the Pokemon
0/10

Yusha
Daisho + Ninjutsu
Duelist + Agile + Charismatic
Protector
Only one ally - a Demon.
Enemy - Hengeyokai

I was disappointed that there was no martial arts option for proficiencies.
I'll just take Onmyodo and Shugendo to become a wizard, then have Bozu teach me to fight so I can be a wizard that punches people.

I love how these two interactions perfectly encapsulate this entire board.

You can always try.
But with a mom as hot as that, why would you?

>Not picking Ki strike
You failed before beginning

wait a bit

Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny, Ace Trainer etc waifus when?

didn't post somehow

sorry about this i've never posted about Veeky Forums before so sorry

>pseudo legendary
>only 4 of them are
Fix that.

Well no shit I would take Ki strike. I was stating my general complaint/observation. Not making a build.

Stop apologizing, by making an OC you already put yourself at the top of the cyoag social pyramid.

>inb4 he faints before he finishes posting

Cool.

i just chose the nicest looking picture i found sorry
thank you! i just always worry im not being polite i guess

These are your love birds. Say something nice about them.

Yokai Hunter CYOA:
>[Gaijin]
Proficiencies:
>[Onmyoda]
>[Kanabo]
Talents:
>[Bruiser]
>[Charismatic]
>[Scholar]
Ambition:
>[Conquerer]
Allies:
>[Wary Partner: Orochi]
>[Useful Contact: Yakuza]
>[Elusive Love Interest: Hitokiri]
>[Smug Rival: Kabuki]
Nemesis:
>[Shinigamihime]

it's already finished its not super long i hope it's ok!

you are adorable

you made OC, you posted it, theres no need to apologise

>At least you and your allies and rivals are 18 now?

I recall them being used goods while the red one is temperamental while the blue one is nicer.

What novels can you recommend a newbie DM for inspiration?
Movies?
Music?

thanks!
hey nobody said they have to look their age or act their age wink wink nudge nudge

homosexuals

Looks good, thank for posting it, going through it now.

read as much of anything, witcher, WFB, WoW, GoT, anything really (so long its somewhat good)

same with movies and vidya

>zynthia
You bloody no good fool.

youre not wrong desu im like 50percent gay

>zynthia
>You bloody no good fool.
What do you mean? that's Hex Maniac.

You are a cool dude, i like you already. Thanks for the OC and hope you stick around.

i actually was planning on including zynthia but i felt it went against the 70percent wholesome of my cyoa and wasnt sure if tok would be ok with it but at least you can use mai waifu to get her?

bi-scum

thank you i probably wont be able to do much if any more oc for at least a while because im doing a million things at once but ill definitly try if you like it

That's hex maniac you idiot.

You made the right choice

Hey OC is OC. Lets do a blindish run

[10]
Mother. I guess. It's a classic after all.

Johto I guess. It was always my favorite. Although if I did a nonblind run I'd probably pick the special snowflake region to have all the pokemons.

Starter Pokemon : Cyndaquil. Was always my favorite.

Companion: Luna, Alice [1/10]

Rival: Joey, Artemis [1/11]

May possibly lewd the companions and convince artemis to join the team.

Drawbacks: Spoilt [1/12] Campings nice and all but I'd prefer a room definitely.

Boons:
Champs Cap [free]
Infinity Bag [2/12]
Legendary magnet [4/12]
Love Interest [5/12]
Strong [7/12]
Money [9/12]
I dont really need anything else here so....
Fit [10/12]
Shiny [12/12]

WP... I dont think I have any. What do you mean I cant take pokemon personified and lewdify cause I dont have WP.

thanks im glad even if it's something small i appreciate feedback i always worry the entire thing is awful and i spent an entire day doing nothing so knowing someone enjoyed even a small detail helps

Also; what do you mean lewdify forcibly makes everyone 18. I dont need that yo.

>Who
Shinobi
>Proficiencies
Ninjutsu
Shugendo
>Talents
Awareness
Agile
Duelist
>Ambition
Protector
>Allies
Onnabushi (Wary Partner)
Yakuza (Useful Contact)
Kitsune (Love Interest)
Tsubame (Smug Rival)
>Nemesis
Omoteshi

So basically, the Omoteshi have an ancestral hate of my clan, and tricked me into killing one of my own. I had to escape from my clan and tried to live as a sellsword, that's where I met this Yakuza guy who helped me adapt to my new life. Ultimately I rejected turning into a criminal and decided to clear my name by facing the Omoteshi or die trying. On my way I met the Onnabushi, who I convinced to help me with the youkai assassins as long as I help her with her own fights. In one of these fights I met the Kitsune, with who I fell in love almost instantly, but it turns out that she already has another pretender, a fucking smug faggot who think he's better than anyone else.

you can make it so you can take lewdify and pokemon personified if you want I mostly put them in wp because they would cause major societal changes lewdify makes everyone 18 so you can enjoy adult freedoms! you can have that not apply if it makes it more fun.

What year, roughly, would society around the world be at?

I want to be a Gaijin cowboy he showed up looking for some exotic steaks and just stayed, but I need to know whether or not it's possible for them to even exist yet.

You can just go with Kengou it's literally swordmaster, better than Swallow, also personally I'd change Swallow Cut back to Tsubame Gaeshi

>Used goods
If two giels have sex its not used goods. They gotta have a penis inside them. Red one was nice and blue one was a bitch.

So? You'd take them both if they came onto you. Don't try to deny it.

What is wish? Where can I find more ryoa's?

Seeing how baka gaijins aren't being killed, I say 1853 or so.

I'd say 16th century

16oo's, the Gaijin are being put up with because gun sales.

Since you can be a gaijin but the weapons aren’t that developped,between late 16th and early 17th century

I was assuming 16th century as well, oh well. If it was 1853 I'd be a cowboy meandering around with an empty revolver hoping desperately to find someone capable of making actual bullets as the impetus of my adventure, but repeatedly failing and using a sawed-off matchlock instead out of necessity even though matchlocks are shit and sawing one down is an even stupider idea. STILL, combined with Duelist whipping that motherfucker out and jamming into something's mouth and blowing them away instantly would be badass.

I'll think of something else.

y

Dirty Baka Gaijin
Naginata, Ninjutsu
Duelist, Bruiser, Agile
Adventurer
Wary Partner: Shugoki
Useful Contact: Mushishi
Elusive Love Interest: Onnabushi
Smug Rival: Shugenja

Nemesis: Omoteshi

Gotta get that buddy adventure ninja yokai fantasy going on. Kinda wish stuff like scarred and tattoos weren't competing for actually useful skills though.

Because they're shit

>Wasn't sure if Tok would be ok with me including Zynthia.
I'm always okey with other authors using Zynthia, hell I encourage it.

>You made the right choice
That's a funny way to spell wrong choice.

thank you for letting me know! most of the reason i didn't pick her was she wouldn't fit well with the rest of the companions but it's always good to know for the future!

>FAmily
Mother. Can't beat the clasics

>World
Kalos. This one is a great mix of comfy and magical adventure

>First Pokemon
Pseudolegendary
I'll take a Zorua. I just love the little trickster fox

>Companions
Kris and Artemis. two upbeat and great girls.

>Rival
Luna. She just seems like a funnt rival to have

>Positive
Strong
Fit
Champ's Cap (free)
Shiny!!!
Love Interest
Tactician

>World Points
Lewdify!

There is a point where you must stand, plant your feet firmly on the ground, and say "no".

Waifus are parasites

pssst
zorua technically isn't a pseudo legendary and can be found in kalos so you can take uncommon Pokemon for cheaper and still get a zorua

If your mom wasn't a parasite you wouldn't be born. I mean she had to suck on that dick more tban one way.

>implying parasite waifus aren't a thing

>Parents
A happy family not much to say about it i do miss them a lot though
>Sinnoh
It was my first region i played so it kinda holds a special place for me
>Rare pokemon (Cottonee) -2
One day i found a huge cotton puff thing floating around so naturally i threw a rock at it then it turned out that the cotton puff thing was a pokemon! I have no idea what kind of pokemon is but it is kinda cute so after some chasing around and some apologies i got a friend

>Alice (Companion)
While i was chasing my new friend i stumbled upon her and helped me when trying to find it after that was done she asked to tag along she helped me a lot for no reason so why not?
>Luna (Rival)
I don't know what has gotten in to her but her pokemon cheats! I simply cannot punch it no matter how hard i try! Thankfully my puffy friend was at my side so i had a fighting chance

>M-O-N-E-Y (FREE!)
Aw... my parents are too nice i don't even know what i can do with all this money!
>Infinity bag -1
I am not entirely sure how it even works but it never gets full!
>Champ's Cap -2
The bag was a pretty cool farewell gift but this hat is even cooler! Why? I dunno but it is
Fit -1
What do you mean i am supposed to stay behind and shout orders? Nonsense me and my cottony comrade are an inseparable team now put up your fists!
Strong -2
Everyone knows that if you give your best your pokemon gives their best! That is what i have been told before even beginning and i took it to heart
Tactician -2
If you wanna be the best you have to be the smartest and that is why i am! What? Don't laugh i really am smart!

>Pokemon personified -1 WP
Yes i didn't get any world points or anything like that but tell no one alright?

I think i had too much fun playing this CYOA thanks for it

3dpd are indeed, but in the case of actual waifus they provide a symbiotic relationship... who am I kidding I would actually be the parasite if i somehow got a waifu.

They're too big