Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Corpse Bride edition.

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wowhead.com/news=275306/before-the-storm-by-christie-golden-chapter-sampler-spoilers
moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth*
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quillboars need more lore

They seem to be the main antagonists of Stormsong Valley. You will get your lore.

>quillboars suddenly appear in fucking Kul'Tiras
>"Blizzard has good worldbuilding guys!"

Can you name one reason why they can't logically appear in Kul Tiras?

>relegated to Kalimdor throughout the entire game.
>never mentioned in any of the eastern kingdoms ever.
>an island shifts for 3 years and suddenly quillboar appear in a place where there has been no mention of them.

perhaps some quilboars decided to build boats or learned it from the scourge

Madagaskar Natives and Australian Aboriginals are directly and closely related in spite of the huge distance between Africa and Australia.
Also, Kul Tiras is not an eastern kingdom. It's its own thing.

>something that changes of thousands of years of human migrations is the same thing as warcraft's mob placements.
>Kul'Tiras is not an Eastern Kingdom despite it being a part of the alliance since warcraft 2.

Yes? The same amount of time has passed since the War of the Ancients as since the moment when Native Siberians crossed over into North America. Night Elves and Draenei live in Kalimdor.

Aren't Quilboars gonna be an Allied Race?

Actually, that's an interesting point. Does it say so anywhere that the Azerothian year is as long as the Earth year?

>Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

For the sake of your own dignity, stop beating this dead horse.

And go discuss vidya somewhere else.

Her val'kyr ressurection story seems forced, hope they'll use it after BfA.

Also guess I'm just being salty about the mind rot thing. If I see things right, apart from Gretchen Dedmar's line there's no ingame basis to speculate upon. Wowpedia article's author compares it to "a form of senility". So… I'll go ahead and assume it would only affect those whose brain was physically damaged on a serious level before undeath, for example.

>were always intended to be a tragic people, up until they were hijacked by mad scientists and Stranglethorn gankers.
What sort of tragedy are you talking about? "I never got to live my life to the fullest"? As far as I understand, they can still have positive emotions\sensations from food and sexual activities, for example. Not taking into account exercise, even. So, in this sort of scenario and assuming you can take care of your body and it'll last longer than a human's.. I can't see any tragedy in this. Maybe the "my family/bride/groom is still alive and they hate me" tragedy.

>She's a firm believer that ends justify the means, and so is the average zombie.
How did you come to the conclusion that the average Forsaken sports this belief?

I actually DM'd a Cata-based campaign with D&D 3.5.

Did Andy really sleep with Moira?

The malagasy and melanesians are so closely related because madagascar was colonized by polynesians during the height of the roman empire.
You might as well have used white americans close relations to europeans, it would have been just as stupid of an analogy.

what happened in that campaign?

Of course not. Warcraft characters don't actually fuck (outside of Golden novels), they just sometimes spontaneously plop out kids.

Which doesn't stop us from fantasizing, of course.

except there has never been any mention of quillboars being mass migrators.

do they even fuck in golden's novels?

>How did you come to the conclusion that the average Forsaken sports this belief?
Oh, you know, little things, like the entire Forsaken questing experience.

kek.

>What are we if not slaves to this torment?
>There are Forsaken that want to refuse the gift of Undeath? How dare they!
This is how Sylvanas changed. She should ask Tirion to Light-bomb her instead of suiciding on saronite spikes.

No, allied race is a fancy term for "re-skinned character"
anything that would its own animations/rig is just a race.

My analogy isn't stupid, it's an example of how very distant ethnic groups can be closely related through long-distance migration.

Your example, however, is really stupid, because the European colonisation of America started way past the time period depicted in Warcraft.

Arthas and Jaina deflowered each other after a Halloween party. Jaina was concerned about being "ready" for it even though she was like 22 or something.

Later in the novel they have sleeping bag sexy times out in the woods. The next morning Stratholme happened.

There has also never been any mentions of Anduin having a dick. Thus, Anduin is dickless.

>European colonisation of America started way past the time period depicted in Warcraft
Are you retarded?

Jaina was Frostmourne's sheath.

he likes draenei asses.
it means that he has a functioning junk

What's making her so happy?

Got chronicle 1 and 2 in the mail on route to my place boys

What should i expect

Oh, you know. Warmth, a feeling of fullness...

A lighter wallet

Rise of the Horde was pretty clear about Blackmoore banging Taretha.

Outdated lore.

Yeah, I must have missed the arcane powered helicarriers and airships in pre-colonial history at school.

either 50% neat or 100% neat depending on who you are

It wasn't that long, unfortunately. No notes left, it was 6 years ago, so.. from what I can recall:

Party received mysterious letters which called for them to meet in Ratchet's tavern. There they had to fight a sudden Twilight's Hammer outbreak, as in cultists+corrupted elementals. Then there was some sort of ridden-by-loa troll shaman questgiver who directed them towards Tempest Keep, to get naaru technology McGuffin to stop mine depiction of Deathwing who'd not play around and turn-it-up-to-11 napalm Azeroth had she been awoken. Think they also visited Felwood and couple of other locations, ended up in Blasted Lands. We stopped at that point.

Ok, I was hasty with my question. If you meant that the average deader can be cruel then yes, I guess it's easier for Blizz to show them this way because it's less work. But then again, not all quests are this way IIRC.

Where's the second line from?

He can be a girl that Varian dressed in boy clothing. Ever heard of lesbians?

You mean Lord of the Clans.

Rise of the Horde is pretty sexless, save for a scene where Durotan kisses Drakka. Which disgusted an observing demon.

Well, with the state of American schools, that's no surprise.

>tavern
Fucking seriously?
You make a Warcraft campaign, and you still start it in a fucking tavern?
I will never understand some people.

WoW has some nice taverns though. Especially the one in Ratchet.

>Where's the second line from?
It's less of a line and more of summary of Sylvanas' reaction to learning of Desolate Council in sample chapter of Before the Storm.
wowhead.com/news=275306/before-the-storm-by-christie-golden-chapter-sampler-spoilers
>'Your people'. No. Her people were back in the Undercity, holding meetings, using her own gifts to them - their existence and their free will - to inexplicably refuse those gifts.

Where else would you start it?

pretty sure he has a pecker. His voice broke and everything.

Warcraft is still medieval fantasy at its core. Remove gnomes, goblins, forsaken and draenei, and that's 90% of anachronistic technology gone.

it isn't any longer. It's now some weird comic book setting.

Wherever? Thankfully, Warcraft doesn't have cancer such as murderhobos and adventure guilds, the player characters are mercenaries and agents employed by their factions.

Oh yeah. My bad.

>demons, despite their monstrous nature, are extremely against lewdness

>warcraft doesn't have murderhobos and adventure guilds
wew

>draenei
Draenei aren't high tech, they're high fantasy. The Exodar isn't a literal spaceship, it's a crystal spelljammer.

No I don't, perhaps if I could see the source of this warmth and fullness I could understand.

It's no wonder there's so much mutual hate between demons and elves.

I remember hearing about Tyrande visiting Malfurion when he was sleeping and having sex with him when he was still in the Emerald Dream.

The Demons must have thought her a monster for doing that.

According to Rise of the Horde, most demons "sate their lust with violence". Succubi are the only notable exception.

Notably, succubi are explicitly stated to be an exception to this.

... Notable exceptionmind?

>Xavius hated the Dream because he was a butthurt incel that had to watch all the green dragons getting plowed by druids all day

That tree saw her ass.

>Rise of the Horde is pretty sexless, save for a scene where Durotan kisses Drakka. Which disgusted an observing demon.

But Ratchet's grand. Don't think I can delicately describe it now, but basically related to multicultural Mediterranean trade port, no? Rich traders' villas, bandits, exotic bazaars, strange animals.

But she has a motivation to dislike 'her people' disobeying her. They're her "bulwark against oblivion". She's not some sort of timid wallflower leader. And I don't see said conflict as bad per se. So, what do you mean by "that's how she changed"? "What are we if not slaves for this torment" might have as well been her at her lowest.

google iriedono art

There are two things that bother me about the Draenei transdimensional ships: one is that the Vindicaar is made out of bits and pieces of the Exodar which is itself only a piece of Tempest Keep; and two that nobody thought to go take the Tempest Keep or its other satellites even though they aren't destroyed or anything.

I just see as a giant building once encapsulated and pressurized by Naaru magic.

Do the Naaru require spacecraft to travel?

I can't believe these dudes didn't make it into Legion

I can only assume that Legion was written by someone with an unreasonable hatred for TBC.

Do they bleed or breathe?

*waits an eternity for moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth*

I imagine they're all dead.

I still dont believe how much they fucked up with my boy Kael.

Is this also Iriedono, or is Sylvanas angry for a different reason?

No, but I don't see them teleporting themselves anywhere or folding space.

at least the medieval 2 mod is coming along well

Different artist... although I suppose the reason is similiar.

I will say that the commission text is one of the cringiest things I've ever read. It unironically uses the word "Whorde".

He was doomed the moment he fell for that sorceress. Loving her turns you evil.

Is the inverse true?

>Even now, my sayaad tempt your weak-willed mages. Your allies will surrender willingly to the Legion!
Is Jaina a minion of Agatha?

In before one of us goes to Jaina and IC denounces her.

Not quite. See, Arthas fell for the Scourge meme, Kael'thas signed on with the Legion, and Kalecgos is probably starting down that Void path without even knowing it. It's probably randomized.

Probably not. I can't think of anyone who actually hated/hates Jaina personally and specifically. Even Garrosh was only as hostile to her as he was to, say, Anduin. Lor'themar just seems to think she's not right in the head (to be fair, being magically nuked isn't good for your mental health even if it doesn't kill you).

I'm going to be honest, I actually like artifacts and the process of leveling them up and unlocking their appearances. I'd really like to figure out a good way to emulate that in a tabletop game without basically just giving the players +X enhancements on weapons. Leveling up the artifacts actually impacts playstyle and rotation, and that's part of what I want to capture.

Fucking Mage Tower challenges, though

Tauren Paladin, Goblin Priest/Shaman, Orc Mage, Troll Paladin

Why does blizz always break lore to make these combos and comes up with shit outta nowhere to make it work but for Alliance they are anal about class picks for each race?

They have to do SOMETHING to show that they are "progressing". It's a "feature", user.

>Troll Paladin
Hey, Zandalari Freethinkers are RPG lore at the youngest. It's not like they were made up just for BfA.

>Worgen druid wasn't them coming up with shit out of nowhere
>The draenei race as presented in BC wasn't thirty levels of lorebreaking retcons
>Gnome hunters make any kind of sense

Alliance races always had more options though.

Will agree that Tauren and Troll paladins are stupid though.

>Troll Paladin
You shut your whore mouth until they actually give that to us.

>Gnomes
>NOT having the most technologically inclined class for this long
>the most technologically advanced Alliance race, this whole time, couldn't use a simple flintlock until Legion

Gnome hunters were overdue.

Worgens had a Druidic curse so it does make sense and none of the lore breaks for them becoming druids. Shit like Tauren paladins does break the lore for other paladins since suddenly sun worship = as powerful as the light.

>Troll paladins are stupid though.
Rezan will rise again, and you better shut your whore mouth when he does, heathen.

Paladins are perfectly in line with Zandalar culture, as differentiated from every other Troll tribe. Pride, Devotion, Authority, and all you could ever want. They're a culture that actually has Ancient Kings.

>hunters
>technologically advanced
muh eagle spirits will carry you away

They're the ONLY gun class until we finally get Tinker (never ever).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everyone will roll Zandalari and make every race, Horde or Alliance, obsolete.

Was he right? Are Nobles the cancer of society?

He was an idiot pawn in a pleb-tier Black Dragon scheme.

T-Rex Zandalir Paladins are excellent. Gronk is a wondrous being, like a prehistoric father. If only I could be so grossly jurassic.

But was he right?