Would your character still care about their loved one if said loved one revealed that they are actually a demon...

Would your character still care about their loved one if said loved one revealed that they are actually a demon? True bonds of love and friendship transcend all barriers, beliefs, and boundaries, right?

Purge it.

Of course, as long as they are still have their mental faculties why wouldn't I?

I don't have any reaction images of sweating knights anymore, but I feel like this image summarizes my position.

They must be destroyed

Am I gonna go to hell?

Like, in the bad way

Depends on your beliefs, but I would say no if you still lead a good life.

Of course I would still care about them. But, in light of the fact that they have been keeping a pretty major secret from me, I have to give myself time to re-evaluate our relationship.

To make things clear: I'm not upset that she's a demon. I am, however, upset that she hid this fact from me for this long. Now I have to wonder if she is hiding anything else from me.

Love transcends barriers, but it can also blind.

I got you covered.

Then I really fail to see the problem.

What does being a demon actually entail? Are they actively committing evil acts? Do they cause the universe to be a worse place just by existing?

I mean, I could actually overlook both of those for the sake of love, so assuming that being a demon doesn't affect their ability to love, then I don't have any issue with the situation at all.

Nip rip is a dwarvin barbarian grappler obsessed with nipples.

If he loves anything, It's like Bueno excelente's Relationship with GUTS. Horrifying and full of questions better left unanswered.

Other character is a paladin of hedonism that would use his relationship with the demon as a roofy spirit for free love. Man. Threesomes forever.

I don't see the problem, really. Most people wouldn't, I think. And even the most hardened smitefag would give it second thought before they proceeded to rip and tear. This is your closest, number one friend or lover we're talking about, right? The most important connection to another person you have.

If they're revealing that secret to you, then they clearly trust you and they only hid it because it's one hell of a secret that would scare people off in the first place.

That's the point, user. Smitefags don't have friends.

t. a guy that mainly plays paladins or the setting's equivalent

Depends on the setting.

I'd date Satan

So yes

How do I know that it is indeed my actual loved one and not an imposter?

No one asked for your opinion, Lawfag Lady GaGa.

>Lo

>True bonds of love and friendship transcend all barriers, beliefs, and boundaries, right?
Yeah sure. But she lied to me. Can't have a relationship without trust.

>Revealing her darkest secret to you because she trusts you.
>Can't have a relationship without trust.
Nigger you what?

Depends on if you count not disclosing demonhood as lying by omission.

Dunno, seems like a pretty good thing not to immediately reveal to people, even love interests until you know it's serious. "I'm a creature of literal evil" is something that would scare people from actually getting to know you.

If it's an SMT demon, it's mostly just a creature from folklore. I don't know if there is an afterlife in SMT or not, so it probably doesn't matter there, especially since you're binding demons all the time anyway.

If it's a demon based off of Christian mythos, stay far, far away, because they exist for literally no other reason than to drag souls to hell.

My last Character was an ADnD Paladin, so A. I would have known beforehand, B. I would have given her a "fair" short trial and C. I would have stayed her.
The steps A. B. And C. Can happen within 6 seconds.

But if I was playing a self insert, depending on the setting, I'd be down for some Demon puss.

>Befriends demon gf
>Fuses it with a hee-hoo

What happens to the originals when you fuse them anyway?

In all fairness, that depends on who you swore your oaths to. You can be a paladin, of a philosophy or of a lord. Paladins get there power from their word, not a holy source. It is more common for you to be connected to a holy force, but if your philosophy is everything deserves a chance, or punish wrong doers, then with the information from OP you would move on.

well if it's a creature of literal evil, then they wouldn't possess the capacity of love. The setting would either need to be pretty loose on alignment shenanigans or something,

AD&D, senpai. They're always lawful good, there wasn't any "Paladin of..." stuff back then. Though depending on the god they follow it could be a case of deciding between mercy or justice.

I was a Paladin of ADnD?
My oath was the stand and the only pre-written oath that any and all ADnD Paladins are required to follow.

Fucking 5e Paladins with there LE and CG alignment. If the RP/Character is oath based make call him a knight or an oath bearer, not a Paladin. Shame on 5e.

>Fails to even realize there's no major difference between demons and angels

Law worst route. None of the law side even have the ability to take their defeats smoothly. Chaos, for all of it's faults, at least accepts it's loss.

The only variant I ever really liked was 3.5's paladin of freedom, since that still felt at least mostly in-tune with what they were supposed to represent.

Depends.

Nocturne implies at least some of what was the demon remains, given that the fairy you get at the beginning can show up at the end, no matter how many fusions you make with it, so clearly some of what was them exists.

At the same time, given the mutable nature of demons in the SMT universe, it's entirely possible they simply take on the role of whatever they're fused into, rather than being a sort of concrete existence.

But if I fuse a demon 64 times, does that mean there are 64...65 demon souls inside the creature?

I think for canon fusions in the essence of the story, the stronger entity gets control, the weaker simply influences the stronger. Of course, this is usually in the case of human-demon fusion, where in SJ both humans still maintained their personality but amplified, while in 4, the demon seems to have full control with the human only existing as a passenger.

Demon-demon fusion outside of the story doesn't seem to retain any features of the originals, though I think there was a sub quest where a demon was trying to fuse with another and it was implied it was still the same entity afterwards. It seems like demons are ok with being fused though, so either they don't value the loss of their individuality or their essence is still preserved somehow.