Call it brotherhood

>Call it brotherhood.
>It has female members.

sounds better than Family, or cult.

I'm sure the "sisters" involved wouldn't mind too much. What would you rather it be called?

Siblinghood isn't quite as catchy.

...Sister??

Yes, and?

If they were men only for a long time, it's probably just a case of rebranding not being worth the headache.

>Call it sisterhood
>It has trap members
I think we're onto something here

Could very well be . Sometimes shit gets rebranded, or things happen and they need recruits. They could probably excuse it under the idea that they're all "Brothers in Arms" or "Brothers in Belief" anyway.

that is a dude, OP

>Call it the 'East India Company' because it's going to operate in the East Indies
>starts operating in the Caribbean, India, China, Japan

Organisations shift over time, but they keep their name. It just means your 'Brotherhood' has a cool history to it.

It has 'female' members.

I don't know what you're talking about brother Sara is a stalwart member of our order

Brother Ingrid will vouch for him.

>Call it mankind
>Has females

>Call it mana
>There are female magic users

>Call it game manual
>Women can read it

That could be cool, in a society with strong gender roles, women have to join an order and declare themselves male so they can fight. They don't change their names or much of the way they dress but they have to act like men, drinking, being bros, laughing at fart jokes, the whole thing. They either remain chaste, date women or hide their liaisons with men like any other faggot in the brotherhood.

>Call it woMAN
>Has females

>Call it mana
ERROR! Mana is a foreign word derived from Polynesian language.

>Call it game manual
>Women can read it

>Not "Women can -ual it too".

One fucking job, man.

>Brother Marcus brings the party to his hometown.
>My brothers will surely gives us acommodations while we're here.
>Come you must meet them, this brother Johnathan, brother Sara, brother Isaias, brother Ingrid...
>Mage, he calls the women around here as brothers
>Told you Fighter, religion does this to people
>Well hello ladies, I'm Bob Singer, bard extraordinary, wanna see my flute? *waggles eyebrows*
>Brother Ingrid beats four kinds of shit out of him.
>Who are you calling ladies you little faggot? Bet I've fucked more women than you've ever seen naked.

>Organise a party
>It has pedants

>Call it the 'South Sea Company' because there aren't notable seas in the south and it's really not going to operate
>crashes the economy

Brother Ingrid sounds hot.

>Male(Female) members.

There's something like that in The Gods are Bastards with the Huntsmen of Shaath religion. Been a while since I stopped reading it so I can't remember if the lodge in the capital city was slightly more liberal about things, or if it was a widespread practice, but there was one character born female that managed to follow the rules and be accepted as a man in an extremely patriarchal, masculinity-fuck-yeah religion. They got pretty pissy about anyone implying anything unmanly about that brother.

>Men are legally defined as "anyone who cannot bear children"

>Mana
Wow, that would make an amazing troll post on red dot.

>using a language with a different word for brother and sister
>not the same word with different gender or even without that

Isn't that the Qunari in Dragon Age? If you're a female in I think DA2, some Qunari or other will say that because you fight, you're a man as far as they're concerned, because men fight.
In Inquisition I think Iron Bull expands on that saying that if a Qunari wants to do something associated with the other gender, then they're treated as that gender. A female Qunari warrior is for all intents and purposes treated like a man socially.

Then just call it a hood

>Just call it a Hood
So when someone runs in to the city the Hood is stationed in to try and get an audience to plead for their help, do they just run in yelling "WHERE THE HOOD WHERE THE HOOD WHERE THE HOOD AT?!"

>Isn't that the Qunari in Dragon Age? If you're a female in I think DA2, some Qunari or other will say that because you fight, you're a man as far as they're concerned, because men fight.

Something similar happens in some Sub-Saharan African cultures. Because marriage is such an essential institution, sometimes men will marry men and women will marry women. One is the "husband" and does all the husband stuff while the other is the wife, and takes on traditional domestic duties. It's seen as a way of protecting people who might otherwise remain unmarried and thus more vulnerable to exploitation or limited in their opportunities for advancement. While sex sometimes occur, both parties can be completely straight since it's all about the role you're playing in society and less about your personal gender/sexuality.

We call it "Mama" as it is the creative energy of the Great Progenitrix.

Just the opposite, actually. Sten opens that conversation with "I don't understand. You look like a woman." and proceeds from there to make it perfectly clear that either your character is not a woman or they are not actually fighting, because women who fight can't exist.

That was in DA:O user, Bioware changed it later so people wouldn't get triggered.

I'm afraid I don't understand. There has only ever been one Dragon Age game, much like how there's only one Matrix film and three Star Wars movies.

>Call it sisterhood
>DM's writers and gubberment fiat bends reality to keep the man-things out

>it’s one of THESE faggots again

>Brother (female)

It isnt really called brotherhood. It is the closest translation you can give of the foreign word that indicates a tightknit group following a certain creed. However unlike brotherhood it doesnt have any indication of the sex of the members.

As much as it makes my skin crawl, I'll say that Bioware made a good decision with that one. In Origins Sten says that everyone within Qun is placed where they will serve the society best, but then acts flabbergasted that a woman able to swing a sword like a champion is out in the field swinging her sword.

When the brotherhood wants an orgy without being too gay.

They have female members to act as the center fuckhole cushions.

Women can be brothers.

Was going bankrupt part of your plan?

>Little Sister (male)

>he doesn't call his female compatriots "bro"
>he doesn't use bro in a gender-neutral way
What are you, gay?

its literally the same thing thinskin

>make up some shit without a real world example
>get triggered by your own self-victimization