Giant Eagle

You're a adventurer, traveling through the jungle looking for glory and wealth in a pre gunpowder setting. Then a man sized Eagle that could easily tear apart a grizzly bear swoops down towards you at 35 miles per hour. Its starving and won't leave you alone until you, or it are dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=tnOWdGPbz6c

What do you do?

What equipment do you take?

Can you even survive?

>TFW when shit that has existed in real life is far scarier than most fantasy monster's.

Native american Tribes had this solution.
> Alright, Swift digger, nut grab, and i, peyote sam will go out to the great eagles killing field
> Yeah, the one with all the dead horses and human skulls for the last thousand years. That's the one.
> Swift digger will dig a hole, and we'll cover it up with a bunch of branches
> Then were gonna lay some dead stuff ontop of it. And wait underneath.
> When the great eagle swoops down and starts to eat, Nut grabber will get it's legs, Swift digger will grab it's wings, And i'll beat it to death with this club.

And so the great American tribes got their feathers. And a fetish for trapping animals and wearing there body parts.

>I'll take "Scariest Animals To Coexist With Humans" for 400, Alex.

That's cool, thanks for the info. What would you do during a random encounter? what weapon would you want to use?

At least with those most ancient humans could probably outrun, no outrunning a giant eagle.

Haasts Eagle weighs 13 kg. For an eagle that size to kill a bear it would have to be pretty fucking magical. I guess I fireball it and watch the oil all over its feathers catch fire, then eat the remains.

Moa are 510 pound birds and the Haasts Eagle mainly ate them before people arrived.

Slower friends.
A large sheild.
And a high luck stat.

You want to play for keeps tho? Giant owls.
Try escaping the killing field of a masked demon with glowing eyes, a white face that stalks you through the woods until you flee in terror only to see your siblings swooped off into the forest screaming by the white faced horror of the night.

God damn it's good to have shotguns.

Nah mate, they are both faster then us.

The bird can literally disembowel you faster then you can turn and run, from 20 feet away. Also it can see in the dark and hunt you at night.

Have you ever seen a 12 foot alligator climb up a tree to kill something? I don't know why the rest of the world doesn't have guns. Maybe they don't go outside that much. Nature is horrifying and full of things that want to kill you. Survive it by not being there.

I work at a place called Giant Eagle.

Woopty fucking doo, Moa can't cast fireball or carry a shield to absorb the impact. Birds aren't battering rams, and any damage it does colliding with a 90kg adventurer is going to snap a lot of its light weight, hollow bones.

>ever seen a 12 foot alligator climb up a tree to kill something
Fun fact, in addition to , the early Aborigines also coexisted with 20-foot fully terrestrial crocodiles that ran with legs upright.

>stay in village and starve
>leave village to hunt and get eaten by giant nightmare birds

Nature sucks sometimes

Cngratulatins ur imaginary peen are bigger than an ancient eagle. Nobody gives a faq

"Pfft," said Natural History. "You think a 30 pound eagle is a 'giant nightmare bird'? Hold my beer."

Bitches

Do they exclusively hang out with communists?

CAW CAW CAW

Those are the famed American paleontologists and bitter rivals Othniel Marsh and Edward Cope.
Marsh himself described and named the dinosaurs Triceratops, Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus, which should be more than enough to qualify him as a red-blooded 'Murican and not a dirty commie.

Although to answer your question, when you're a bird monster over a half ton in weight, men of all political ideologies are on the menu.

I try to make friends with it by giving it some food.

If my DM put that little effort into an encounter, I'd give a faq

tame it and proceed to ride it duh