Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

The Fungus Humungus edition

>Tau confirmed
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/coming-march-blood-snakes-battlesuitsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/

>Thunder. Thunder! THUNDERHAMMERS, GOOOOOOOOOOO!
youtube.com/watch?v=BuAs_RLKKlc

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

No

2nd for this sexy man

Second for the Dark Kin.

alright boyz, which is the best ork clan?

Ultramarines

Farsight enclave

Humungus wot?

the one my buddy is planning to make. Running USMCs as ork horde (deyz forenn boyz boss, dey say HOAHH insteada WAAAGH, but deyz eatin grots n squigs n got plenny o' dakka, so deyz good)

Me

I love the look of Bad Moons but I'm leaning towards yellow Freebooters.

Do you guys think that the T'''''''''au codex will make a combined arms force viable finally? I've wanted to start them as an army for a while now but I don't want to be running all crisis suits and riptides.

Rumor is it won't focus on Aux at all, and Both Crisis and Riptides get a points drop.

So what about those Inquisitesses in Terminator armour, radical right?

In Terminator armour, you mean power armour no? I've heard of humans in power armour but not in terminator armour. I would have thought it would be to heavy for them?

the only part that was radical was when she got her head blown off by a .75 caliber round from the second biggest dick chapter in the Imperium

I'm hoping breachers and strike teams become worth talking, along with broadsides and pirhanas because they're awesome models. Also want the T'aunar to get a points drop away from chapter approved because I miss facing them on the table with my AdMech and DAngles seeing as there's three of them at my lgs

It's certainly a thing that has existed. Fundamentally terminator armour is simply a type of powered armour. I see know reason why the mechanicus wouldn't be able to craft a similarly powerful suit for someone with sufficient means

Some might consider consorting with daemons to be pretty radical

rad -ICALLY HERETICAL

Thar she blows?

>T'au codex is fucking soup

Just like the Tyranid codex.
Can't wait for Sept K'ronos and Sept K'raken and that's the only combo everyone plays.

What is the best DE paint scheme?

Go to bed Blair you have work tomorrow

I think I just saw worst ranking of 40k factions ever. Based on fluff and aesthetics, not performance.
They marked down DE for the models being emo, instead of recognising that their models are stunning.
They have Muhreens and Spikey Muhreens near the top, above Mechanicum.

Black Heart

Does the Imperium still use toilet paper or have they found the STC with seashells in it?

L-lewd
Tell them I hate them. Then ask how it feels for them to be so wrong. Then tell them I hate them again. And please give me a source so I can tell them I hate them too.

More like "hunchback armour", geez.

Green Man Gaming, so I'm not surprised they were wrong.
Also, don't buy from them. I had to threaten to go to the ombudsman before I got a working jey for Witcher 3.

So has anyone here read Magnus the Red: Master of Prospero and explain to me how the sigil of Morningstar is supposed to look?
It's described as a "vectored arrow within a circle within a wreath", but I can't imagine how that is supposed to look at all.

Let's rank aesthetics properly

Top tier
>AdMech
>Deldar
Shit tier
>Everyone else

>Black Heart
if I paint these dudes do I prime black, drybrush some blue/green stuff on them, wash the entire model then do the fancy bits or what? I don't know if you are supposed to wash over a drybrush or not

Tell me more
Preach it brother!

World Eaters

I think it depends on your status. Peasents get a bucket and bowl, Administratum staff and similar admin/exec ranks get bog roll
Tech priests don't shit
Governors, RTs etc use whatever they fancy: swans, currency, one of a kind ancient terran manuscripts, peasents
Space Marines um.... recycle

>DE guide to making Trueborn

okay let's do this
most A E S T H E T I C
>AdMech
>DEldar
>Ministorum
>Inquisition
>The best part of space marines (Dangles, Templars)
>Harlequins
>Craftworld Eldar
>Best part of chaos marines (Thousand Sons, iron warriors)
>Genecult
>Necrons
>Tyranids
>Tau
>Orks
>Imperial Knights
>Imperial Guard
>Worst space marines (BlandMarines, bland knights)
>Custodes
>Worst Chaos space marines (NuDeath Guard, emperor's children)
>Chaos Demons
>Space wolves

Forgetting anyone?

Sororitas?

Covered under Ministorum. That's what they're under on the webstore and index anyway.

Prime black, paint all over with incubi darkness, wash with coeilia green shade, edge highlight kabalite green, more fine highlight with sybarite green.

I'm assuming you meant the list, not how bad my shopping experience was.

It's not letting me post the link, but add this after their standard URL.
/blog/every-warhammer-40k-faction-rated-from-worst-to-best/

Orks will be the strongest codex in the game

Knife Ears and Taufags will cry rivers of salt

Is it allowed for an average chapter to salvage fallen renegade/chaos marines wargear, vehicles and parts?
How is it likely they get inquisitioned if they do so?

When will GW stop pushing this AoS shit that nobody plays?
Tired of waiting for more 40k shit.

This

At least fantasy had the courtesy to be dead and not take up valuble release slots

Was interested in both, actually. But thanks for that.

Speed Freaks.

I wouldn't even be mad if Ork were A+ tier, I hope this happens
>t. Admech player

AoS is okay, no bully

look up relictors

That is an impressively bad list.
>Custodes better than anyone for fluff and aesthetic
>Chaos space marines over space marines
>Forgetting Genestealers
>"Probably the best thing about the Adeptus Mechanicus is their models"
nigga what
the models are great and all but they've been one of the best parts of the lore since the game launched, meanwhile we have like eight models that all came out two years ago.

Basically, I pre-ordered before it came out they weren't an authorized reseller.
It took a few days to get a key.
The key didn't work.
After posting on their forums it was ignored, and about a week later they mentioned it was being looked into.
A few days later I hit them up on Twitter and got fobbed off.
I threatened to take it to official channels, and about an hour later I got a response, including a 25% off voucher as apology.
I went to use the voucher on a game I didn't cafe about a couple months later and it had expired by then, to boot.

We can zoggin dream

They salvage high tier stuff.
My idea is a poor ass chapter that doesn't get enough stuff is forced to scrounge for parts, ammo, armor, etc from fallen enemy marines.

That's insane. I'll never go to them then. Thanks for the warning.

Those are eldar not kronans, the lense just has a defect or it is a warp fluctuation messes with the lens.

I'd probably bump up best of Chaos over CWE, and maybe DE over AdMech, but otherwise I'm pretty on board.

I wish they'd give orks new models. They seem cool, but look dumb.

>Lists Space Wolves as interior to the worst space marines
I like you.

it's a bad idea because pretty much all stuff used by chaos marines is warp-tainted in some way

Yeah, other than the failed use of the voucher I haven't even looked at buying from them since.
I'd bought a chunk from them prior, but never will again.

I play necrons but I would still love to see Orks top tier.
I'm sick of getting stomped by eldar (and t'au most likely when the codex comes around as half of my FLS plays them) so I would love to get stomped by orks for a change!

I just want a codex like 6th tau, where the majority of options in the codex are actually usable.
Since 5th edition there's been like, one usable unit at any time. Nob bikers in 6th, tankbusters in 7th, boyz in 8th. I would just like to take a combined arms army like everyone else? I have 5 scratchbuilt big gunz that, when used as traktor kannons, can't take down 1 stormhawk over an entire game. It's bloody painful.

KMKs are awesome though.

I haven't got my hopes up, but it would be nice if there was a buff for Tau battlesuits wielding only one weapon, or multitrackers rerolled wound rolls instead of hit rolls. Maybe as a Sept bonus.

I dunno. I love to see the die-hard ork players bring their waaaghs out and just straight up be orky goofballs as they win games.

I'd hate to see a slew of army-of-the-month players bringing out grey orks.

Every grey armies suck, and there's room for customization in every faction, sure, but ork armies and players above all other factions are characterized by their lore-friendly conversion potential. And seeing an army that is meant to be highly customized as grey plastic might actually cause me physical injury.

AoS is expanding a lot lately. With Shapespire and stuff. One day it will overtake 40K.

Multitracker is still stuipidly named for the power it has assigned, but at least Target Lock makes sense, now.

>Heavy d6
>3 shots
>1 hit
>Best case scenario, if it wounds, and the enemy fails their save/fnp, it deals 3 damage max.
woo

Morkanaughts aren't completely useless, but that's just because GW adamantly despises ork players, and in the same vein of making all our flamers d3 hits, they still refuse to give us back "All units within 6"" for the kustom force field, necessitating the morkanaught.
This is still shit other factions get for much cheaper and much more spammable. It's essentially a lascannon, when you take into account accuracy, except it's actually more likely to miss everything more, and deals half the damage, and can wound the bearer, and is -1 str, and can only be taken on an imperial knight equivalent.

I really don't understand lascannons, it's okay for imperials to be able to spam S9 AP-3 DD6 fifty times per vehicle, but for other factions equivalent guns are a primary armament?

Would drop DE down one or two and split Guard into good (Vostroya, Steel Legion, ect.) and bad (Cadians, Catachans, ect.)
Part from that gj, 8/10

Rate my stratagem:

Tactical Superiority - 1CP / 3CP
Use this stratagem at the start of your shooting phase.
Select one Tactical Squad for 1CP, or select two Tactical Squads for 3CP.
Until the start of your next turn, double the amount of shots the selected units may make with any ranged weapons they possess.

I really don't like taking four weapons per commander, I actually really wish the game stayed with one weapon per model, and then certain special units like crisis suits can fire two.
It's just bizarre how we went from having to buy multi-trackers on everything, to everything in the codex having them, to everything in the game having them but better.

> he thinks you take kmk on naughts
M8, ypu take mek guns, and for only a tad more than imperials you get a way better gun with the same bs

my local in portland or, theres constantly 4 tables of AoS and the other 2 are 40k, flames of war or x-wing.
i just assumed AoS was huge everywhere

>I actually really wish the game stayed with one weapon per model
That rule broke so many units and made them useless, and required so much dumb exceptions that I honestly don't see how you can prefer it returning

>It's just bizarre how we went from having to buy multi-trackers on everything, to everything in the codex having them
Maybe if you never were affected by a rule anyway, you shouldn't comment on it?

>any ranged weapons they possess
gross i hate it

Fair. We’ve just been shit for so long, it’s like Stockholm Syndrome now.

Great Tau or Ork strat, fucking gay suggestion for Muhreens. Your anachronistic boys are meant to invoke the Samurai Spirit and cut down the foreign invaders with their folded 10000 times sword in honorabru close combat, not cowardly launch imasculatingly tiny pieces of metal from the safety of range.

>not just select a unit
>no faction or regiment/legion requirement
>shots instead of attacks
>no effect on overwatch
3/10

Holy shit, never even looked at that, I just remembered it being shit last edition.
Okay, I'll try it out user, thanks.

>Your anachronistic boys are meant to invoke the Samurai Spirit and cut down the foreign invaders with their folded 10000 times sword in honorabru close combat
>what is fury of the legion

also
>Marines
>Melee
>A1
sure

I see more 30k games than AoS ay my LGS.
Shadespire is super popular, though. Only reason I haven't bought Shadespire rat mans is I don't have the base set for the board, tokens etc.

elaborate?

The Bolter is literally THE iconic weapon for marines, what the fuck are you talking about?

>not just select a unit
That strat on Devastators or Sternguard would be too cheap

>no faction or regiment/legion requirement
Space Marines Stratagem, obviously

>shots instead of attacks
good catch, will fix

>no effect on overwatch
It does? It's in effect until your next turn, you just ned to declare it in your phase to prevent it discouraging charges just by existing.

30k died off a while ago here. i havent ventured into aos yet, im still like an angry spouse who was cheated on, i have about 8k points of fantasy dwarves on my shelf.
maybe one day i will give it a try, but im having a lot of fun with my guard/inquisition army even though i dont win much

>Why is there no good melee infantry in the entire fucking codex?
Are TH/SS termies not good? I thought they were the golden standard of assault infantry?

Too few attacks, too expensive, no good delivery system.

Compare them to Sang Guard or Death Company and weep.

Because it meant
>Fire warrior shas'ui has to choose between shooting the markerlight or pulse rifle
>No point in giving anyone more than 2 guns
>Have to give up a hard point to shoot both, before 6th

Limitations make the game better, because then units and factions can simply have them removed to be more flavourful. Or can you not remember any edition before 6th, without pre-measuring, and specialty units like Flash Gits could break that rule and pre-measure. Firing arcs and armour facings on vehicles meant that positioning was vitally important, and the difference between a pintle mounted and hull mounted weapon was enormous.

A game with no limitations is, well, 8th, where there is zero design space to give units interesting rules, so everything feels far too similar. As much as I hated the AP system, at least it made a 2+ save feel very, very different to a 3+ save, and in turn different to a 4+. Now everything just blends together, especially when you factor in cover.

>most A E S T H E T I C
>>AdMech
ye
>custodes at the bottom and IK below tau
>:(

any FoC or other beep boop boys rumours?
anything about which models are coming to 40k would be good

hey fellahs, i need your help. im putting together a band of acolytes and maybe a squad or 2 of guard infantry which will basically be seconded by my inquisitor. i am going to customize all of them and i would like your input
guard squad based on arnold and his buddys from predator
acolytes, riggs and murtaugh lethal weapon
robocop, terminator (guard with bionics most likely) acolytes
solid snake maybe a vindicare assassin (mgs1 snake)
i need between 4-10 other guys, looking for 80's/90s kind of stuff

Unfortunately the Imperium only recovered the STC's for 2 & 4 ply.
2 Ply was considered heretical in M35 after a Nurgle infestation on Kleenex V, and 4 ply is too ostentatious for the Departmento Poonitorium for alll but the high lords of terra and the Inquisitors of the Ordo Feces.
Rumours of a 3 Ply STC abounded but the Imperial expedition sent to retrieve it was attacked by a splinter fleet of a nearby hive fleet, losing 3 entire space marine chapters and 45 Imperial Guard Regiments.

30k took a beating from 8th, but we still have a few people that basically play nothing else.
Once I finish my DE I'm thinking I may start either rat mans or 30k Alpha Legion.

For knights it's 1000% dependent on the individual's skill at fancying them up, they're fundementally just giant space marines, but I did put them above blandmarines because of their potential. Tau at least have a style of their own, even if it is a divisive one that doesn't mesh perfectly with the more baroque elements.
Bananas a shit m8, accept it.

>Bananas a shit m8, accept it.
no

At smaller formats, they are ridiculosly weak. Dont know about large games.

>Limitations make the game better
Eh

>Firing arcs and armour facings on vehicles meant that positioning was vitally important
It wasn't, actually, it was just another chore that barely affected anything most of the time. Or resulted in stupid bullshit like parking your Rhinos back to back.

>and the difference between a pintle mounted and hull mounted weapon was enormous
Yes, and Land Raiders and the like were even worse thanks to shit like that.

Vehicle rules were a fucking mess of legacy rules from when the game was still patrol sized and vehicles were exceptional. Streamlining that was absolutely necessary

>where there is zero design space to give units interesting rules
Bullshit. You're operating on the premise that you need to bring the exact mechanical interactions and implications back. Instead, look at what vehicle facings were supposed to do: force people to not rely on unsupported vehicles in a patrol sized game. It didn't do that, because the rule was badly designed, but that's what it tried to do.
So how do you recreate that in 8th?
Make a global BRB stratagem called crossfire that gives +1 wound for shooting with a unit that can draw a line to another of your units and that line passes through its target.
Not only have you again made vehicles (and everything else) more vulnerable to fire from behind or the flanks, you did it in a way that organically integrates into the rest of your game instead of having a collection of exception-cases that only serve as triggers for arguments or causes for autistic and counter-intuitive manoeuvring like back-to-back Rhinos.

Guys do I model my shield captains with bare heads? On one hand I really like helmets for all of my dudes, on the other the heads look pretty damn cool, particularly grandbeard.

Custodes is at the lowest point right now, it's true. Only FW stuffs can effectively pluck out all their weakness. Hold your breath to it.

Ugly motherfucker cover him up

Bananas are a meme army

> Helmet makes everything better.

Yeah but I'm not gay so I don't play Blood Angels. I'm not trying to kill hordes or anything but TH/SS seems good for taking out some armored targets.