MTG - spoilers

Suddenly, spoiler season started from Dominaria card.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3gtqv5vYANI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neat. Unimpressive body, but that's probably a fair cost for that and the tutor.

Pretty sure I saw that in a different spoiler video last month.

>just a Human

Well that's a bad sign. Human tribal didn't exist for most of Dominaria's sets. He absolutely needs to have a class, even MaRo should understand this.

>creatures had more than one type for most of dominaria's sets
are you new

>MaRo
This set is allegedly being designed by based Garfield.

To be honest, yeah, it should probably be an artificer.

There's more than one person in a team. Also, I don't think he's the head.

Okay, nothing you said there is true.

There is a lead there are people working under said lead. Garfield is certainly not leading anything nor should he, he's been out of the game forever and doesn't understand the process on how to organize a set. At the very least he gets to design a couple cards; he very probably attends some meetings where they talk about whatever; at the very most he gets to come in whenever he wants and look at the entire process: card design, mechanics, and testing wherein he may or may not have input. There is only one thing we can directly credit him for in Innistrad, and that is Mirror Mad Phantasm because there were articles written about it. I can't tell you what he did in Ravnica because they fucking deleted all articles about that shit.

The one thing we can presume is that they're just bringing him in to sell the fuck out of the set. People would do nothing but bitch if the living creator was not involved and they couldn't use his name as marketing material. During Innistrad nobody has any clue what his involvement was outside that single card besides him and the people working in the set.

Also we know this for certain about him:
youtube.com/watch?v=3gtqv5vYANI

So you tell me after watching that 1.5 minute clip exactly what influence he has on this game in comparison to the reality.

Can't make it CMC 3 or less because otherwise you can COLLECTED COMPANY into it.

>4 mana

So all chances that we're actually getting a decently powered set to bring back the old-school feel are pretty much shot, yeah?

This just makes me sad that Stoneforge Mystic is still banned in Modern.

>art we've already seen
>heavily pixelated screen that will wash out any editing
Doubt.jpg

Eh, it's not good enough or bad enough that anyone would bother making it for bait, nor does it have any real implications for the story or the set in general.
If someone faked this then they must be a special brand of autistic

Not as new as you, evidently. Creatures have had multiple types for far more sets than Human has been a type. Hell, Weatherlight's Mirri had three creature types.

Isnt that more of a white ability than red?

Sure.
Still possible for Red though.

Red has a love/hate relationship with artifacts, and equipment is included therein.

Batterskulls 4-8.

>So you tell me after watching that 1.5 minute clip exactly what influence he has on this game in comparison to the reality.
Considering that the game was significantly better and mostly stuck to "20 bucks as the highest point" bar during his run, I'd say his influence was a good one.

Red wants to hit things hard, and equipments help with that.

they're just bringing him in to sell the fuck out of the set
You're presuming wrong. Garfield has an open invitation to come and work on the design team whenever he wishes. WotC doesn't call him in.

As for what he did on Ravnica, he created the design for what would eventually become planeswalkers when on that team. Overall, however, design is too much of a collaborative process for people to be able to say that they designed a particular card. It's not useful anyway to think about it that way. You might make the first draft for something, but then dozens of other people tweak it to the point where it may no longer be recognizable as the card you initially made. So it doesn't fucking matter which cards Garfield "made" in the designs he worked on.

Yay, now I get to run a 4-mana 2/1 with my 6-mana 4/4 in a deck that's more than splashing red!

>95% of the thread is bitching and moaning

Yup, it's certainly something Magic related.

It's shared between the two. Blue could probably also do it due to their focus on war. Blue could probably also do it but tends to care more about artifacts in general than equipment in particular.

Sleep deprevation makes me write retarded shit. I hope you got what I was trying to say.

well...at least the art looks pretty good

Fake.

Why

The set symbol doesn't match. It's also silver instead of gold despite being a rare based on the little holographic oval.

Compare

Really? A PHOTO of a card ina screen? it just to hide weird pixels. Leaks are more subtle than this crap. I'm more annoyed at the anons who believe it.

>Forge
>Enchantment
Man, I hate when artifacts and enchantments get mixed like this. One of them should be removed from the game.

Why do you fuckers assume it's real?

It's not enchantments, it's equipment, they are artifacts.

>It's also silver instead of gold
You might be color blind. Go get checked.

>can't show sexy females
>half naked, muscle Chads are fine though
What did WoTC mean by this?

kys

Go back to Flop of Will

#basedgarfield

shit, should be 2R

It's red tutor. Red tutor always has to be overcosted or come with a drawback.
Red can find things, but they have to be emotional about it, and that means paying too much, one way or another.

now why would anybody leak such an garbage quality photo, thats exactly what you do if you are doing a fake

Imperial Recruiter
but yeah it may make sense but won't see play outside of standard

Are you trying to use a fucking Portal card as an example of color paradigm that any modern set would follow?

Though this less powerful than SFM the same principle applies. It'll be the strength of whatever equipment it can grab that makes the difference.

>dominaria is supposed to be an oldschool set that goes back to the roots of magic
>equipments matter

either its fake, or dominaria will be a distaster

Take a guess

BEB and REB.
We already know...

While I am hype for spoilers, this card's templating is wrong in several places and for 4 mana it actually doesn't do enough even in current Standard magic. Lame attempt to make a "fixed" SFM using already posted art.

Which set symbol is this

why should I run these in pauper over pyro/hydro blasts tho?

Core?

Blue Elemental Blast and Red Elemental Blast are not pauper legal. Hydroblast and Pyroblast are, although they are essentially the same.

mastermind set

Hydroblast was printed in Ice Age first

huh, how come they aint legal? I didnt see them on the list

No, no, your post is perfect.

Though to be fair they're TRYING to get away from "blue does everything"

>Enchantment
?

HERE WE GO BOYS!

Can anyone translate moon for potatos such as myself?

Its what they put for Alpha and Beta because of the no symbol thing.

why do you need translations, its reprints...

>he doesn't remember
Dominaria had the first attempt at equipment-like effects. They were a failure as cards, but nevertheless. The Thran wrought their legacy through artifice, Brothers War was fought with artifice, and artifice ended the Apocalypse. Artifacts of every variety will always matter to Dominaria.

So every that didn't have a set symbol with its initial release will just have an M as its watermark? Kinda lazy, but I still like the idea.

Yes, but which cards are reprinted is my question.

>equppied

It's because they were never printed as common on MTGO, most of the paper pauper tournaments have been running with MTGO rules. If you're playing casually most people shouldn't mind using these instead of Pyro/Hydro, though it's kinda annoying since wizards could've just renamed it and left it the same.

Retard.

When originally printed, Mirri had two creature types. And not only was 'Cat-Warrior' a single creature type, but she had to have it printed as a special ability to not be a 'Legend-Cat-Warrior' instead. Because that's how creature types worked at the time.
Plus her card was from Exodus, not Weatherlight.
They didn't start actually adding multiple types on things in any real amount until Odyssey, two block before Humans became a type.

Whoever posted it on reddit, you are an idiot for posting an obvious fake and got exactly what you deserved.

If they were legal it would be because you can target permanents that they have no effect on, but I don't think that's relevant in pauper.

>REEfill

its the other way around, pyroblast can target pernaments without effect, but REB cant

That's fucking genius and I am jealous of whoever designed this

Then I don't know. I guess if you want a 5th copy of Pyro/Hydro blast?

Reeminds me of a soda fountain I saw which had two water taps. The first just said water in plain white text on a blue background, the second had a underwater photo as the background and fancy waved text.

>simply state that the art is legitimately good despite the card being an obvious fake
>going mad
oh, we now have to make sure that special kind of posters gets their own special kind of thread

Can't be redirected harmlessly, then.

Better art

this

>people are still going on about the card

you are people dipshit

Thalia is next.

Why are people saying this is fake (apart from the weird creature type)? This looks way too boring and overbalanced to be anything but official wizards product.

>equppied

Did you just assume my species? Check your privilege.

They misspelled equipped

I hope for Elves queens in Dominaria, they're the cutest!

Jesus. Why would anyone mock up a card this boring? And go through the effort to get it at an angle where you can mostly tell what the effect is but not tell immediately that it's fake, and yet not go through the effort of a simple spell-check? This is some advanced level autism.

People just want their (you)'s, user.

Imperial Recruiter is in no way less powerful than SFM. They aren't even really comparable cards. One is essentially always threat, the other can become an answer or a combo piece.

I thought these were commons at first.

I want Elvish queens to sit on my face!

well they were, just not in A25

its coldsnap all over again

I was secretly hoping that this set would have vintage frames and some old-style card art... a quick call-back to the good old days of the weatherlight saga.

Oh, well. No nostalgia for me.