/SWG/ - Goofy Space Walk edition

Could your party run and fight in these if they had to?

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---

> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/racing-into-action/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/blizzard-assault/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/the-rebellion-is-born/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/20/the-duels-in-portland/

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/
youtube.com/watch?v=PX7zPlQjAr8
youtube.com/watch?v=WXvciKOS8hQ
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/26/swl-rally-the-troops/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/swlegion/launch-weekend/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ed/60/ed603073-b7a3-4e83-94b6-31c8e5cf922f/swl01_learn_to_play_eng.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/86/db/86dbf9d4-fb20-4f6a-bf5a-5297a62f60aa/swl_rules_reference_11_eng.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What sort of wacky/dangerous/grossly unethical inventions would a group of Separatist scientists cut off from the rest of the galaxy since the end of the Clone Wars come up with?

To the guy taking Gunboats to his regional this past weekend- How did you do?

How much would a good army cost ? just been to the w40k thread and asking about armies there ended with me being called a fag, for wanting to play their game and the knowladge that w40k costs 500$ and resets twice a year.

A captive group of Ganks whose natural propensity for cybernetics is being used to test out new cyberware without any care for the well being of the test subjects.

Which game? Legion? Armada? XWM?

oh there are that many. Did not know that. which one is generally the most popular one?

X-Wing miniatures is the most popular currently. The core set has a $39.95 markup on FFG's website, and that gets you the basics (dice, damage decks, measuring tools, one era-appropriate X-wing, and two era-appropriate TIE Fighters). The TFA core set has the most up-to-date damage deck but the original core also comes with some nice cards that you might want to pick up later on (like R2-D2). To play in the standard 100-point format, though, you'll need additional ships. This link will take you to FFG's online store and prices:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/

I don't know what your metric is for "good" lists, but simply filling the 100-point limit is relatively cheap compared to 40k. For reference, the cheapest T-65 X-wing pilot with no upgrades is 21 points and the cheapest TIE Fighter pilot with no upgrades is 12 points. Of course, if you plan on optimizing for high-level tournament play, expect to pay more mousebucks since a lot of upgrade cards may be packaged alongside ships you don't intend to use.

how much does a good tournament list cost right now for xwing. Does xwing has sesons, and if yes then how long do they last, and how resilient to new sesons are prior sesons lists. do they become bad or get nerfed or maybe even illegal? Is there something like a required side deck or two deck enforced formats etc

>Super HELLFIRE battle droids
>Super clonetrooperdroids
>Tower of hanoi puzzles

Shockwave.

and what would be a good xwing list for a new player. something not too hard to play, but powerful. and if possible non of w40k 500$ lists.

>Tower of Hanoi puzzles
Bioware stop

The glove of Vader.

You remember that one episode of Genndy Wars where the techno union captures all the males of a native tribe and turns them into bloated cyborg battlefodder?
Something like that.

Is english not your first language?

And it depends entirely on what type of list you want to play. Which faction, etc.

I remember that episode solely because the aliens spoke Russian through a filter.

>Decepticons
>Terminators
>A battle droid that goes even further beyond Super Battle Droid
>Super Battle Droid God Super Battle Droid
>Dwarf Slayer spider droids
>Dwarf Ironbreaker spider droids
>Droid Megazord
>Cyborg ninjas
>Cyborg samurai
>Resonance torpedo Hailfire

Not even my second. what is cheapest faction that is good. as type of list goes, I would like something that wins and doesn't cost too much.

Good eye, user.

Is that an Imperial NCO from Warzone?

Unless you intend to drop hundreds on a whim (and seeibg as you said 40k cost too much), buy a core set and make sure you actually like the game.

X-wing is 2-7 ships per side, and is a tactical dogfighting game.

Armada is a fleet-level strategic game.

Legion is coming out soon and looks to be a squad-level ground combat game with a maximum of ~50 dudes per side.

>Cyborg ninjas
... Metal Gear Rising: Star Wars edition? A CIS remnant has created a cyborg ninja, a man who's body is held together by electromagnetism. someone who's armour makes him FUCKING INVINCIBLE and a CIS businessman has altered his body with Nanomachines, Son!
They're working to try and get another war started up so people demand droids as soldiers. It'll be just like the good old days after Geonosis!

>Zahn told to edit his HttE manuscript because it apparently included references to his fan fiction version of the clone wars and Lucas didn't want the clone wars explained back then
>final book/trilogy still has lots of references to what he (Zahn) obviously decided the clone wars were

??????????

>I'M USING STAR WAR AS A BUSINESS SO THAT I CAN END STAR WAR AS A BUSINESS

>fodesinbeed
>fodesinbeed
>aeiou

For context:

Armada is around $200 for a full fleet, and Legion is probably in the same range.

You want to talk about Hacks? lets talk about hacks
>To give the others a better idea of who Darth Vader is, George Lucas maps out the character’s pre-Dark Side life as Anakin Skywalker. Lucas’ words here, in 1981, offer a startlingly accurate preview of what would eventually become the “Star Wars” prequels, released between 1999 and 2005. And yet there are notable exceptions, as well. For instance, Lucas compares The Force to yoga and says anyone can use it, which seems to conflict with what we learned about midi-chlorians in “The Phantom Menace.” And he’s adamant that Yoda does not fight — an opinion he clearly revised sometime before 2002’s “Attack of the Clones.”
later
>Lucas: Anakin Skywalker starting hanging out with the Emperor, who at this point nobody knew was that bad, because he was an elected official.

Kasdan: Was he a Jedi?

Lucas: No, he was a politician. Richard M. Nixon was his name. He subverted the senate and finally took over and became an imperial guy and he was really evil. But he pretended to be a really nice guy. He sucked Luke’s father into the dark side.
Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesn’t go out and fight anybody.

Kasdan: A Jedi Master is a Jedi isn’t he?

Lucas: Well, he is a teacher, not a real Jedi. Understand that?

Kasdan: I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t believe it; I am in shock.

Lucas: It’s true, absolutely true, not that it makes any difference to the story.

Kasdan: You mean he wouldn’t be any good in a fight?

Lucas: Not with Darth Vader he wouldn’t.

Kasdan: I accept it, but I don’t like it.

>1981 Lucas knew better than to have Yoda doing kickflips

God damnit Kasdan

rabid retard
I was criticising Lucasfilm's editorial overseers, not Zahn.

ALSO, infinite reminder that the force was always genetic, since Luke and Leia got it from Anakin.

What's wrong with Yoda fighting?
I thought it was well done, especially after the fight where he picks up his cane and becomes feeble again.

Anyone have any advice for someone who doesn't have anyone to play x wing with? The nearest FLGS is an hour and a half away so it's not really viable to go there often

>looking at xwing dials on the wiki
>see this
what the fuck Jumpmaster

I never got why that line is funny.
The only explanation I've gotten was that I was contrived, but it's no more contrived than, say, the "no life forms" scene from ANH.

The Jumpmaster is the culmination of the fact that fucking nobody plays Large Base generics even with turrets. Generic Lambdas were okay but by that point were mostly used because they were the lowest price point to put palp on the field. Only other large generic I think we commonly see is the Ghost and that's because Lothal Rebel has just a low enough price point.

So, they tried to give it a good, but weird and telegraphed dial, a decent price point, the EPT integration so there's no reason not to play a generic, and solid upgrade bar. This worked TOO WELL.

It's less that it's funny in and of itself, and more that it's applicable as a non-sequiter and is thus highly memable, so it strikes an absurdist chord with some people to be able to have "What about the droid attack on the wookies?" tied to something totally unrelated.

There is nothing wrong with a Jedi Master knowing how to fight. Only RLM autist disliked Yoda fighting.

>Yoda doing kickflips
Shame that the OJO never got around to turning the Valley of the Sith Lords into the galaxy's sickest skate park.

I'm looking to get a couple ships, and will probably grab Most Wanted once miniaturemarket stocks it again. Until then, is a Scurrg and an Hwk a good buy? I figured I can use em for rebs and then have a decent starting selection for Scum along with my Firespray once I get MW.
I know the HWK is considered subpar, but I'm not looking at this with a meta eye and it looks interesting from a gameplay perspective.

Yeah, I know it's had a lot of patches and things, but that's about it. Tell me more gamesavvy secrets.

It's kind of a non-sequitur in-universe IIRC. The rest of the council are all talking about tracking down Grievous, and then Mundi butts in with a totally different issue. Most of the early iterations of the meme were joking about it being a "real issue" compared to IRL political topics.

>It's kind of a non-sequitur in-universe.
?
They're having a war meeting.

Man, I don't know, it's a funny hologram guy with a big head who has kind of a weird delivery. I'm just here for memes, dude, I don't ask questions.

Fully-cyborged Wookiees would actually be pretty terrifying. They're tough enough as is, artificially enhancing their strength would make them walking nightmares.

>who has kind of a weird delivery.
Disagree.

>OT
>Yoda is a mystical, wise teacher, who trains Luke as much in mental discipline as the ways of the force

>PT
>Yoda is a Sonic the Hedgehog OC

No?
Yoda in the PT is the same as the OT.
When he fights the force gives him agility.

>Yoda is a Sonic the Hedgehog OC

I honestly don't give a shit about this argument, but now I'm imagining the Yoda/Dooku fight in AotC set to this music:

youtube.com/watch?v=PX7zPlQjAr8

Drawing attention to my X-Wing post before the current edition of the Fightan Yoda Debate really gets rolling

X-wing Storytime, it was requested after I got 1st in Swiss using Gunboats. The list:

Vader: VI, Tie/x1, ATC, EU
Rho Squadron: Crackshot, Cannon title, linked batteries, HLC, LRS
Rho Squadron: Crackshot, Cannon title, linked batteries, HLC, LRS

First round: up against Poe, Dash
Fastest swiss game ever. I joust my gunboats at an angle into the center of the map, catching his dash through a rock and Vader is at range 3. He holds his focus against Vader's attack and takes two damage. The gunboats get four hits a piece and crackshot the one evade he gets each time away. Dash is dead round one of combat. Vader had initiative against VI Poe so it took me 15 minutes or so to chase down Poe with the gunboats. 100-0

Second Round: Asajj and Boba
First of three games against double large ship Scum. Put my gunboats in one corner and he put both of his ships in the opposite. Put my TLs on Boba because of CM on Asajj, and I slightly screw up the joust because I let Boba get into range 1 on my end of the board. Boba had fearlessness so this was going to be painful. Asajj on the other hand had her arc pointed at the edge of the board rather than the middle, which was my opponents big mistake. I light up Asajj with all three of my ships after taking modest damage on the front gunboat. Asajj is now at about 3-4 hull left. I then proceed to get my injured gunboat the hell out of there with SLAM, and his Boba k-turns behind me to stay in the fight. I then proceed to block both of his ships with my middle gunboat for three rounds while Vader turns around after getting bumped and my other gunboat SLAMs around for another pass. He finally clears his Boba with his injured Asajj but my now flanking gunboat kills her. Then it's just a matter of chasing down Boba with three ships. 100-0

Cont.

>Mega wrist rockets

NUCLEAR wrist rockets

I'd say "watch them!" but I don't think you're going to miss nuclear wrist rockets.

man, I remember seeing AOTC in cinema and the entire audience starting to laugh when Yoda was bouncing around like a pinball
Good times, I'm glad someone like you exists on this planet though user

Round 3: Contracted Scout and Asajj
He setup his scout in the middle of the board and I put all of my ships in one corner, with Asajj in the far corner. I LRS the scout, making him run away with it next turn. Asajj still comes in. Round 3 the scout is in the far corner out of the fight but Asajj is coming into my list. Back gunboat is out but I sneak some damage through with Vader and the other gunboat. Next round I block Asajj coming in fast with the front gunboat and get range 1 with Vader and the back one. Vader lights up Asajj and puts a damaged engine on her, severely limiting where she can go next round, and the crack range 1 puts her at 2-3 hull left and he also put a stunned pilot on her. The contract scout is completely out of position and has no shot. Next round he moves Asajj such that she's going off the board, but should get a hit on Vader. Vader puts a blinded pilot on with the ATC crit, and the other gunboat finishes her off. At that point it's just turning all my ships around to get shots on the scout, which takes a while, and one of my gunboats is put at one hull, but I pull it off. 100-0

Round 4: Asajj and Boba
Identical list to my second round opponent. These ships had the sweetest paintjob I've ever seen. Almost the same opening as my round 2 opponent as well. He does a much better job and gets both of his ships at range 1 of my gunboats, but leaves Vader on the flank unmolested. He beats up one gunboat pretty hard, and pulls it out of arc of Boba so I only have two shots on him. Still strip Boba's shields, and he popped both CM and stims on his Asajj that round. Next round damaged gunboat gets the hell out, and I try and SLAM my other one around to both get its guns back on point and hopefully block Asajj. That fails. Vader continues to flank and puts my hurt on Boba. Next round my gunboat gets block off the map, first ship loss of the game. Vader bumps into Asajj and puts Boba at low health. I kill Boba next round.

Cont.

I kind of wonder why thermal detonator warheads weren't more of a thing. Just stacking a ton of Baradium on anything that'll take it seems like a thing more people should've tried.

HWK is good. Lots of early ships suffer from design limitations, but the price point is low enough it'll do work for you. Just remember it's a support ship.

You'd be surprised.

youtube.com/watch?v=WXvciKOS8hQ

>laugh
I remember cheering and so do others I've heard here over the years.

It was hungarian. Holt Kazed is literally hungarian for "Dead Hand"

LUCK 10

Now it's one gunboat and Vader versus Asajj. I make a huge mistake in spending a focus on defense on the gunboat on an Asajj shot that wouldn't have killed him, and then roll nothing but Focus on the attack roll. Lesson learned. Vader bumps into the back of Asajj for several rounds, the gunboat dies, but does enough damage with the one crack HLC shot it got before dying next round that Vader cleans up easily. 100-64

Round 5: Nymranda

My opponent set up Miranda almost across the board from my gunboats and Nym in the further corner. I put Vader next to the gunboats this time. He three banks and then SLAMs Miranda away from me, which actually puts Vader in range with a boost round 1. I fail to get anything with the range 3 shot, but I get the TL on Miranda first round. It also weirdly put his Miranda right in front of a rock. Next round I put my gunboats 3 straight and Vader 2 straight, and catch his Miranda with all three ships while Nym is still out of the fight. A failed linked battery reroll on the last attack means that she lives with one hull. Next round he bumps Miranda into his Nym with another three bank, which was a mistake, while also failing to clear with a one straight from Miranda. One of my boats gets hit with a TS ion bomb, but my forward gunboat has a shot on Miranda and everyone else is out of range. Miranda regens one but dies to the HLC return shot. Then I flank Nym with Vader and get my non-ioned gunboat the hell out of there as the ioned one takes a proton bomb and harpoon to the face. It lives with three hull and a non-damaging crit, and puts four hits into the face of Nym. Next round Vader gets at range 1 of Nym out the back and blow up him up. 100-0

Has anyone ever hashed out 90s clone wars? All i know is
>warlords buying/making clone troopers to fight eachother or the Republic
>Obi Wan might have been a clone (OB1-Kenobi)
>a canned toyline had a clone warlord as the BBEG

thank goodness they sped up the space suit walking in KOTOR II

it was either
>clones invade the republic/galaxy
or
>war breaks out, one side uses clones, in reaction the other begins using clones, soon everyone is using clones

Well that would have set an interesting precedence for the foundations of the Empire.

Round 6: Lothal and Fenn.

The feared list. The one everyone's been bitching about nonstop. I'm 5-0 and I have to defeat this monster. I've got a guaranteed spot in the cut but by god do I want to go undefeated in Swiss. I win the toss and give him initiative. He sets up in the middle with the lothal and I go into one corner with all my ships. He runs away and I chase. After several rounds of maneuvering I catch him in the right corner, and proceed to blow Fenn Rau up with Vader and a cracked HLC shot. The shot from the front boat into the ghost does nothing between no focus, SJ, and the evade. It takes three damage in return from TLT. Then I make the most bone headed play of the day, and convince myself with my tired brain that he's going to turn the ghost into my list to run away the round after. Of course he doesn't and does a four straight boost to GTFO. My gunboats are in the worst position with no shots. I have one shot with Vader, which pushes some damage through, and because of an obstruction my gunboat lives with one hull. Next two rounds involve his Ghost going over rocks and Vader catching the bubble on the sides against the ghost, sometimes getting shots and sometimes not. The gunboats come around for another pass. I finally manage to fail in arc dodging with Vader the turn my gunboats come back around, and worse Vader has no shot, but has focus evade to tank the range 1 primary. My gunboats put the Ghost at 5 hull, and the one hull dies. Vader unfortunately blanks out the four-hit primary and takes a non-damaging crit, putting him on death's door. Bad luck. Worse luck is next round I have to account for him turning the ghost into the middle of the board and so put my surviving gunboat in the worse position with no shot. Vader boost and focuses to push damage through before dying, and gets a DH putting the Ghost at one hull. I am so mad for not just doing a one straight or bank with the gunboat, which would have saved Vader right there. Cont.

I was playing around with a squad builder and figured besides slapping a turret on it (for some added damage, or an ion turret for CC) I'd make it a focus bitch and slap a million guns on Nym or Ten Numb or something.

Kyle Katarn (34) [Kyle Katarn(21), Expose(4), Blaster Turret(4), Moldy Crow(3), Rey(2)]

That's only using stuff I have, mind.

Vader dies for the first time all day to a primary shot and I lose two shields to Ghost TLT on the gunboat. I take out the Ghost next round but he pops out Zeb before that, and Zeb pushes a stunned pilot onto the gunboat. What follows is a hilariously tense game of cat and mouse between my gunboat and Zeb. I have the advantage of PS and SLAM, but every time I line up a shot on him his dice carry him with the evade token. I shoot him with an HLC about three times and do two damage for my trouble. Eventually we both end up at one hull, and I finally catch him with a four hit HLC that kills him. Tense game, best of the day, the beast is dead. 100-67

I end up 1st in Swiss with 1069 MoV. I'll detail elimination rounds later today.

?

Means it'd be interesting to know under the circumstances of those Clone Wars how the Empire came to be, including whether or not it was the product of those conflicts or whether it was the victor of them.

Expose is awful, and more than that doesn't even work with blaster turret since it affects your primaries. If you want to increase to a four die turret you'll need opportunist. Also Rey with moldy crow is redundant. Take something that either helps your survivability more (Chewie, Jan), or Rec Spec.

sounds like a lot of fun user

>It's been almost a week and there still isn't a Dawn of Rebellion PDF in the pastebin
This shitty general is slacking and I don't like it.

How about you stop being a poorfag and buy it?

entitled baby

Yeah, if you literally own no other EPTs, you're better off just saving 4 points and not using expose.

Thanks for the report- Our lists were pretty similar then- I had QD instead of Vader. I also had a 4-turn game against Dash Poe my first round.

That Swiss massacre has to earn you something- Want a pair of Krayt Rho Vet cards?

First, this is FFG shipping we're talking about. For those of us not in the US, we haven't even got a street date for the book yet.

Second, why the hell are you grumbling? Why haven't *you* obtained a copy of the book to share with strangers on the internet who will bitch and moan that your scan is of poor quality because you don't have a really good scanner and didn't want to destroy the binding?

Is it weird if I don't want to use an acrylic token for Hux?

Seeing his angry little face brings me amusement

also is cardanon still around?

This isn't about me. This is about selfish individuals on this site that have a responsibility to help those who can't help themselves. It's disgusting to see someone post pages from the book but unwilling to scan it to the pastebin. Fuck the binding you are helping people damnit.

Thanks, it was. I was on top of the world that evening. I never thought I'd do so well with that list.

I tried QD in place of Vader, but I didn't like it for three reasons: 1. I'm not as experienced with QD and I do stupid things with her where Vader is my most flown ship by far, 2. Taking Vader is a point cheaper and I get an init bid that way 3. Vader is a much better end game piece, whereas QD is more of a jouster in a list that is already the second best jousting list in the game right now (Rey is best).

And yes, that sounds cool. Would allow all alt-arts for the list.

Elimination Rounds:

I play the 32nd player, being in top seed. We do it on stream.

He's got Stressbug Ezra, Low with selflessness, tactician, with a few other tricks and a shield upgrade, and a kited out Norra with Rec Spec.

He jousts me, after wondering to me if he should or not. I put Vader on the side. I go slow with the boats and fast with Vader. I've got to take Low first and put the LRS on him. That seflessness means I can't just blow Ezra out of the water. I manage to catch Low on his lonesome with none of his other ships having shots on my gunboats and put him at three hull. Ezra stresses Vader at range 3 and does no damage, Vader was at range 1 of Low and loses shields. Next round just do a one straight with the gunboats and he obliges me. Vader bumps into Low does some damage to Norra. Norra strips shields on one of my gunboats and Low follows up putting him at 1 hull. I kill Low with one HLC shot and push several cards onto Norra with the other. Ezra is out of the fight. I then chase Norra with Vader and turn around my gunboats, both of us regrouping for a few rounds. Norra regens all her shields, I lose my one hull gunboat to Ezra, and he fails a Norra shot onto my remaining one. Gunboat finally catches Ezra in arc and destroys him, and Norra can't shake Vader. On to Top 16.

Next match is probably the most painful and stupid game I've played in a long time. I'll give my opponent credit for not blowing up at me at the end.

Up against triple wookies, Low with predator, tactician, and 3po, 2x liberator with expertise, tactician, and courier droid.

The couriers mean that I set up first and so he fortresses in the corner across from me. He does that for three turns as I come in. I realize that I've screwed up the joust and that Vader and the Rhos are going to be coming in on the same side. So I ditch the joust. I SLAM away and boost with Vader. I setup the turn after and half health a Liberator and take a double stressed Rho in the process. Only one Rho had a shot because I screwed up my reposition. I should have kept running away. He turns in and thank god lands one of his liberators on a rock. I fail to get my wounded Rho out of arc and he dies. Vader gets some more shots in, putting that Wookie at two health. Next round begins the clusterfuck that was this game.

He does one banks with his Wookies into Vader, when I had just changed Vader's dial to bump into the one ship I could kill. Two range one shots. Vader does nothing, my crack Rho kills the two health Wookie despite reinforce and Low's ability, and Vader takes all of three damage. My opponent's dice fail him and Vader's greens go on a hot streak. We then dogfight and scrimmage for many rounds while he chases Vader. He takes like 3-4 shots on him often times without mods and fails to do a single point of damage. I finally turn my list around and kill Low, and from there killing the final Liberator happens in the last 10 minutes. First game to go to time. On to Top 8.

Top 8: I lose. Badly. The only list I'd lost against during practice was against an Expertise Rey, and this Rey Low list utterly curbstomped me. He had so much control over range with EU on Rey that my gunboats never even fired a shot. Vader flanking couldn't save it because he was doing one damage a round with Low there. Vader dies a turn after his gunboats, K-turning so that I at least die shooting.

I put both of my gunboats together and that was a mistake. I needed to put them apart so that if he goes after one I have shots with the other. But I was brain tired at this point, and I fell for the mistake of the 3-sloop two turn stall at the start. I should have just run with everyone and forced him into the asteroids. Though Kanan makes that not really affect him.

Thoughts on the list, tourny, and meta to follow.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/26/swl-rally-the-troops/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/swlegion/launch-weekend/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ed/60/ed603073-b7a3-4e83-94b6-31c8e5cf922f/swl01_learn_to_play_eng.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/86/db/86dbf9d4-fb20-4f6a-bf5a-5297a62f60aa/swl_rules_reference_11_eng.pdf

I'll be reading through the RRG and posting anything that strikes me as important, if you're feeling too lazy.

If I had the means to get a good scan I would do it

And if I can find a second copy

Is Imperial Assault still around?

If a trooper unit leader is in contact with a piece of terrain, the unit can spend both actions to climb up to height 1 (6"), placing the unit leader on top of the obstacle. Alternately, you can spend 1 action to clamber height 1, or two actions to clamber height 2. For whichever height you clambered, roll that many white defense die for each model, and each block result (1/6 chance, iirc) causes one wound. So, the Grappling Hooks upgrade lets you freely clamber height 1/2 terrain, which is cool.

You can split a units fire between multiple targets, but all weapons of the same type must fire at the same thing. Dodge tokens and cover cancel hits before the attacker modifies dice, eg due to Impact; then the defender modifies dice, eg due to Armor. Then, the defender modifies their defense dice (no existing example), and finally the attacker modifies the defense dice (interesting, but again, no such card yet). Attacking causes suppression unless you completely whiff the roll, even if the hits are cancelled by cover or whatever else. Keywords apply to the entire attack pool, including Blast (which makes the entire pool ignore cover).

There are small, medium, large, and huge bases. Is the AT-ST huge, or are bigger things coming...?

> (no existing example)

If they don't use it, there should still be an example: Defensive Surge.

>Is the AT-ST huge, or are bigger things coming...?

I think the AT-ST is a huge base, but it might just be large and tanks and stuff will be "huge".

I remember it because the natives were adorable.

>Small - Infantry
>Medium - Speederbikes, AT-RT
>Large - Airspeeder, AT-ST
>Huge - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, the women.

Well the dudes were good before the Techno Union got them all...

Literally had nightmares.

I'm trying to round out this list; Mangler Karsabi didn't work out so well (although she did rush out of R2 of Hux), and I'm looking for a replacement. Any suggestions?

(69)

Omicron Group Pilot (29) - Lambda-Class Shuttle
Advanced Sensors (3), General Hux (5)

Major Vynder (40) - Alpha-class Star Wing
Push The Limit (3), Harpoon Missiles (4), OS-1 Arsenal Loadout (2), Advanced SLAM (2), Proton Rockets (3)

Vynder is a godsend though, even if he self mutilates if he crits on a Procket shot

Difficult terrain (reduce speed by 1 to minimum of 1) any of your minis starting in the terrain applies the effect - so don't drop your models into the river after moving your unit leader.

Ground vehicles displace any models they would overlap while traveling along the movement ruler, repulsor vehicles displace models they would overlap in the final position during their compulsory move only. Like in Armada, displaced models are placed by the other player, within range 1 of their original position and in cohesion. Displacement causes 1 suppression token.

Vehicles can be melee-ed, but are never locked in combat.
>If they don't use it, there should still be an example: Defensive Surge.
That's spelled out separately.

It might be small: infantry, medium: bikes, large: AT-RT, huge: AT-ST/T-47

Bikes and AT-RT share the same base size iirc

>Vehicles can be melee-ed, but are never locked in combat.
Can you perform an intentional displace by running an AT-RT or AT-ST 'through' a group of enemies?

Only if they touch your movement ruler it seems like. Though remember, you can pivot to line that up. Not that an AT-RT or AT-ST needs to gtfo in a melee from anybody short of a glowstickman.

Could be useful for literally pushing units out of cover.