EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previously: →

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Unofficial and new, but has GOAT search interface and updates on time.
scryfall.com

>Thread Question
What kind of abilities on a RW commander that isn't combat oriented would you like to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-02-18-from-dusk-till-dawn/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kt-enchantment-stax/?cb=1519675062
magiccards.info/query?q=o:gain o:control&v=card&s=cname
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What kind of abilities on a RW commander that isn't combat oriented would you like to see?
help with making stax pieces either untaps on someone less cmc heavy than aurelia the war leader or maybe some cheap token creation like a bitterblossum in the command zone maybe for 2-3 mana

Reposting for thread migration.

Enchanted Evening + Opalescence kills all lands. If you shut down remaining plays with Dovescape & Sphere of Safety and protect your shit with Privileged Position + Sterling Grove you can win with Ivory Mask + Witch Hunt.

Be sure to include Copy Enchantment! It's really great on Sterling Grove. Also, Humility is excellent; Dovescape + Humility is a pretty harsh lock

>tms is in masters 25
>gets unbanned in modern
>sundering titan is in masters 25
>gets unbanned in commander?

Make it happen, Sheldor.

The old art is still better though.

a self harm like boros reckoner would be cool as a commander or a way to do shit like that. or a soulfire grandmaster type deal where your spells get effects.

i thought humility was way more than 15 dollars, so def gonna get that.

won't happen

>What kind of abilities on a RW commander that isn't combat oriented would you like to see?
Literally just card draw of some description at a reasonable CMC.

I like how they went for a dynamic pose, but the design is hilariously shitty

heh tfw they print a 1cmc boros card

{w} to cast
1/1 human artificer
{3}{r}: exile the top card of your library you may CAST this card if able
fuck boros
t.wizards

Yo Chainer is fucking crazy

>Krenko player makes the enormous mistake of swinging with a billion Goblins
>Pop Chainer, grab Massacre Wurm out of the yard
>Krenko's dead on the spot
>Grab Mindslicer next, sac so no one has hands and can't attack because of my Ensnaring Bridge
>everyone just silently fuming while I loop Kokusho for lethal drain

Had people asking me last thread about my Licia deck.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-02-18-from-dusk-till-dawn/

I miss the old one with its beaky myr head. This is just the most phoned in CGIfest I could imagine (setting it in the Glimmervoid section of Mirrodin didn't help, I admit)

You can't even tell that he's supposed to be running forward because his legs look side by side
it just seems like he's stuck

Sounds like a normal day for the GOAT Mono-Black Commander.

TQ:
Something regular: taxy abilities; keep big creatures tapped, tax costs, things like that.
Something creative: tap, sac an artifact to bring back an enchantment from gy to battlefield. Kinda like Goblin Welder but adding enchantment to the formula.

This is the best version of Blood Moon now.

The centered text is cool, but The Dark set symbol as a watermark just puts this over the top. So nice.

will the watermarks be foiled like the promo ramunap excavator?

Sometimes, no flavourtext gives more flavour than anything

Judging from this card, no.

This bitch is great. Been using her on Xmage a lot.

Sell me on a fun blue commander. Leaning towards Jalira but I could be swayed

>fun
>blue

I don't want to run the "lol Counterspell" route, so it doesn't have to be mono-blue.

talrand mass polymorph
combat trickster nezahal

Noyan Dar Oops All Spells (with all Awaken cards)
Temmet Eternalize
Circu Exile-Mill (with things like Denying Wind and Sadistic Sacrament)

What the fuck is the point of reprinting Imprerial Recruiter? It's not a played card, it has literally zero value as a reprint, and you'll crush its value as a collectible.

>It's not a played card
Really gets the noggin' joggin' trying to figure out why fuckin' Imperial Recruiter didn't see much play.

HMMMMMMM...

I know a lot of commander players that rejoice with the news.

>It's not a played card, it has literally zero value as a reprint
it will see play in legacy as it always has, probably see more now that it will be 60 bucks or less

Yes, because no one plays with dual lands and moxes amirite.

>In an EDH thread
>"because nobody plays the moxes amirite"

non-blue duals (except for bayou) tend to be cheaper than recruiter

I guess if they had something to prevent you from gaining life/a Grafdigger's Cage in play, it would be something else entirely, even if the game went on for a dozen more turns

It's in one legacy deck on MTGgoldfish.
>reading comprehension
No wonder your'e a nigger.

>+$200 card
really makes you think why that card isn't played

The p3k value will not see a price drop you tards. Jesus fuck, look at the card three visits on tcgplayer. It was a commander reprint as a common for fucks sake.

p3k cards are and always will be sought after collectibles.

No one in my group knows that card exists

Wow that sounds so powerful. What ever will I do.

>MTGgoldfish
you mean the site that still thinks some cards from theros are in standard?
yeah i wouldnt trust it

>dual lands cost the same and see play
>this card is good, it just costs too much
Yeah, no.

Prove it wrong. List all the decks that need the card.
>graphic went down 20 bucks as of the news
Okay

Ruhan of the Fomori.
Blind Justice.
Become THE LAW.

>List all the decks that need the card.
Nearly every red EDH deck can benefit from including Imperial Recruiter.

Three Visits has never been reprinted.
If you're talking about Nature's Lore, that's a completely separate card.

I wonder what it's like. A lot of people play potato-tier decks around here, but a few combo players continuosly pushed me to create meaner and meaner decks that can win through disruption

Post 'em up

theyre coming

You probably meant this.

No they aren't.

>List all the decks that need the card.
two big ones are the painter's decks and mono red Trinisphere
theres also a few red/redwhite "I win" decks one of which uses werewolves as a way to have an effective beater

It's something. I can build a ton of different shit, pretty much whatever I want, but sometimes the spot removal and disruption I enjoy just isn't enough to survive the creature bumrush.

Part of me thinks I need to stop being cute and try and teach them a hard lesson that things that aren't mondo beaters are just as important

and so have i

>GOAT Mono-Black Commander
Visara the Dreadful says you have no taste, and I agree.

>can only destroy creatures, does nothing to indes or regen
Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Legacy decks.

>thread question
Something goat related

Also a patrician-tier waifu.

yes thats what they are.
are you asking which edh decks want it?
if so then its all of them

Okay, if those decks really need the card then I was wrong.

Some guy just walked in the other night with a slightly modified Ur-Dragon deck with almost no answers and a horrendous manabase and started dropping ridiculous shit. They've printed so much fucking dragons with such a wide array of abilities and the most complex thing they do is turn sideways, I swear to god this isn't much better than slivers.

Every EDH deck always wants more tutors. ESPECIALLY red, since R gets only Gamble normally.

>things that aren't mondo beaters are just as important
Why would you go full cEDH? The top tiers of every mtg format are essentially identical. Enjoy the jank while you can.

Meh, EDH was a mistake.
One day EDH will be more popular than Magic, it's gonna be the end of it.

Hey, we got Goblin Matron, some shitty draw, and artifacts to crutch on.

It's like the Mc Donald's of Magic.

>One day EDH will be more popular than Magic

Triple secret Carolina Reaper-tier spicy tech in Kresh.

You seem to have trouble spelling "Standard"

EDH is mom's cooking, money can't buy that shit

>mythic
I want to spank whoever is responsible very, very hard.
I would agree it was, until Commander specific releases quickly invalidated most decks.

One, it sees legacy play, two it won't touch the value of the original. Look at the price of other English p3k that got reprinted. The originals stay the same, they have lots of value just for their rarity because lol only Australia.

>Just Imagine It's Over
I wish

This was why we switched to keeping the good games and formats word of mouth.

Won't happen. Wizards hates LD because resource denial isn't """fun"""

Does anyone actually draft the Masters sets?

>red akroma is MYTHIC
I see, m25 is going to be one of those sets, I can understand rares with low value, but mythics with low value in a set like this is just a fuck you to the players. Do we know how many mythics this set will have?

>Liquimetal Coating with an Aura Shards out
>no one knows when I'm going to turn something into an artifact and start blowing up important shit
Man this is great.

Commander is a different kind of game from Magic, it just happens to use the same cards.
Nope, that's a rotating format, IF Wizards wants to make it good it CAN be good. Meanwhile Commander will always be mcdonalds no matter what.

Id be so satisfied with just:

1RW
2/2 Human Cleric
Instants and sorcercies you control have lifelink.

>tfw you will never crack boosters again since singles are infinitely cheaper
then when will they let me interact with the stack? feels is still relevant

I want Aura Shards in Masters 25.

trying to make enchantress stax, i need help making cuts. I want a 38 land manabase given how expensive some of this shit can be, even if i can cheat it out. list related

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kt-enchantment-stax/?cb=1519675062

>tfw my LGS manager said he'll ban Exhaustion because it's not fun
Lol and then there are people that say Commander isn't the macdonalds of Magic.

Got a list? Ive considered building lin sivvi

What are some of the most devastating "deals combat damage to a player" effects? I'm talking Phage, Rakdos the Defiler, Nicol Bolas, Master of Cruelties kind of stuff

>Comparing the value of fucking english Imperial Recruiter, a decent card with some niche power driven through the roof by its genuine rarity to some of the most powerful lands ever printed
Are you retarded or am I just being memed on

Can anyone link me to a comprehensive list of the things/steal cards?
I want to try something other than storm or tokens.

What do you mean by macdonalds? It isn't cheap and game length generally becomes a tenable hour when decks are very competitive, otherwise it is easy for games to overstay.

magiccards.info/query?q=o:gain o:control&v=card&s=cname

add more filters as you see fit

Forgot to add, in Izzet colors**

Thanks!

numot if you have 2R, o-kagachi if you were attacked by that goy, raving dead, fleet swallower, sphinx ambassador, steel hellkite, wrexial the risen deep. I don't think these are as powerful as the ones you listed tho

That's the point, it's only expensive because of rarity. If it doesn't see play I don't see the point of ruining it's collectability.
But people say it's needed in some decks so I guess it's okay.

>Thalia already dropped to 12 dollars

Should I just fucking buy one now? For 12 bucks thats basically a pack of A25, and I really dont see her going below 9 at best

Generic trash for eneducated people that does the job at filling your stomach but doesn't actually nourish you.

What is your favorite format