bloodbowl.com/
thenaf.net/
fumbbl.com/
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/help:Strategy
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Woodelf2.pdf
steamcommunity.com/groups/BBFriendlies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is the season of fun user, why haven't you signed up yet? Do you hate fun user?

Should I sign up with a 5 Vampire team?

yes

Why do people die on Go for its or injure themselves? They are wearing so much armour I don't see how that makes sense.

Also how can a rock kill someone? Coming from Fumbbl here.

Because it's "Fun"

>my veteran black orc who I have had for 20 games and have just levelled stumbles mid run and dies
>fun

That's why I put it in quotation marks. i can only play meme teams and friendlies, because I find that shit retarded and anti-fun. Same with a bunch of the kickoff events. Oh, the opposing team won because some spectator throwing a rock leveled four of my front line guys? Cool.

>They are wearing so much armor I don't see how that makes sense
>They are wearing so much armor
Exactly, they're crushed by the weight of their own armor. It fucking hurts, man
>Also how can a rock kill someone?
It's more like a boulder

Well thanks to /bbg/ I'm getting my dad into Blood Bowl so we can play a game while continents apart

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to do a lil more homework before this weekend

Have fun! Warn him about the more stressful elements though. Less he is fine with that.

Blood Bowl designer "genuinely excited" to announce the next plastic team, which will be a "slight surprise". We'll probably see them in March scans of WD and then a late March/early April release. The question is: who the fuck are they talking about?

I feel like Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, and maybe Lizardmen are possible as teams that would be slightly surprising and that I imagine a designer would be genuinely excited about.

I'd rule out the rest of the Elves and Nurgle, though.

Nurgle Beastmen

>Made my first team on FUMBBL few days ago
>Have no time to actually play a full match for next two weeks

RIP Pepperoni

Niggt necros keep this alive

Doubt it's Amazons. Probably a team with a nice centerpiece unit, so Lizards and Chaos Dwarves are likely. Do Tomb Kangz have plastics?

Tomb kings got squatted in AoS but in bb they were metal.

I made the post you replied to and my vampire trips on a GFI and injured himself. Why?

In BB2, how do I blitz and leap in the same turn? the leap needs to be my first movement.

Select him, select blitz. Select him again to leap. Make sure you choose blitz first or you wont be able to block.

What valuable or skilked player have you lost who suffered death or career ending injury?

I had a Star Chaos Warrior smash his ankle on a failed dodge.

I just lost my best dude, a breton guard that was a literal wall, to a goblin punch where I had 2 block die to pick.

had a move 9 pogo on a goblin team get fouled to death. happened a while ago but iirc he was really close to becoming a legend, too.

Chaos Minotaur first game got block after causing 3 injuries. Second game a rock kills him. Apothecary then finished the job.

Maybe vanilla Chaos

My murdermachine Saurus died when he got pushed into the crowd by a minotaur

Newbie looking for a friendly here

>tfw all the good team names I can think of are already taken

reeeeeeeeee

Will be around in 2 hours user. Add
Finks Finkster

Work with small changes of your tea names

Anyone wanna friendly? Add me here

Guy you played with yesterday, I'm on

Everyone says the minotaur is bad but I really like using him. Even for starting Chaos. Why do people not like it?

I need this Helmut Wulf.

Tips on playing Skaven?

Linerats are cannon fodder.
Screen, mark and occasionally block with them.
Protect your Gutter Runners and Stormvermin.

One Stormvermin should support where the enemy is focusing their attack, the other should hit and run.

Gutter Runners get the ball, keep the ball and score with the ball. Do not waste your apothecary on linerats. Their job is to die.

Rat Ogre is of questionable quality. Some love him some hate him. If you use him, be careful. Very unreliable.

How the hell do Skaven work if you *don't* have a Rat Ogre? I can't even conceive of playing them without SOME muscle

Cannon fodder. Rat Ogre is 150. For that price you can get 3 Linerats. The Skaven in the original Warhammer worked by applying heavy use of cannon fodder. This works identically here in BB represented by having a bench and a shed ton of linerats to protect or "block" for your more important players. Rat Ogre also only has Av8 so when things get crunchy or drawn out, his attrition is pretty poor. He is supposed to be an offensive Big Guy, but if he is knocked over, unless you blitz with him he has a 50% chance just laying on his ass.

wild animal means you need to use your blitz on him when he's not in contact. this means he has a 1/6 chance of wasting your blitz, and also he's a loner of course so you can't easily reroll your block dice, and he has frenzy so he potentially rolls two blocks a turn.

once you get a warrior with claw and mighty blow, the minotaur is just pretty useless.

>wild animals your blitz, or outright won't block
>is av8 so when he goes down to a failed block or is blocked down because he frenzied out of position, he gets stunned all the time
>then just gets fouled off the pitch
>is overcosted, should be 140k instead of 150k

Can someone spoon-feed me on the actual playing of the game? I don't mean like the rules, I have them super downpat, I mean like, what are the strategies and how do things work? I know how to make a basic case but I don't know how to advance it without just running into guys for 8 turns without scoring. I own the humans, goblins, skaven, and orcs for reference

Simple question : bashy, tricky, runny or shitty?

Seconding this. I'm playing orcs and I literally punch other players and pray to not get killed

You're playing with 4 black orcs and 4 blitzers right ?
Get the ball on a blitzer and cage, you will break most teams in a meat grinder, including dwarfs, and nothing short of khemri or lizardmen will get you

>You're playing with 4 black orcs and 4 blitzers
Yup. I mean, I will have to play with 2 blitzers and 2 BO if I start playing tabletop but for now I'm just playing digital

You can proxy models for two more Bo and Blitzers. Also you don't need to pray not to get killed, as Orcs are tough nuggets. I would suggest this article for tactics.

fumbbl.com/help:Strategy

Generally I play the orcs and my gf plays the humans. Just looking for what either team should be up to

See Humans in the main want to use their catchers to run up the field and break up the Orc defense to open gaps for the Humans to break through.

Orcs want to murder, maim and kill everyone and anyone they can see. Humans need the Ogre to fight Orcs but Orcs can do well fine without the troll to fight Humans.

Oops, see this

Keep thread alive tonight necromancers

Wait the catchers break open defenses? That sounds counterintuitive

I think he means to get catchers into the opponent's half of the field so that the or player has to commit players to marking/covering for a pass or handoff play, which opens holes in the defense elsewhere.

Can't say it's a foolproof plan as often it will just lead to your catchers getting hit and possibly fouled for being out alone and unsupported.

I'm trying to work this out too, I've read a bunch of theory articles but none of them really seem applicable or make sense.

>>wild animals your blitz, or outright won't block

you don't roll for wild animal on a block action

but yeah standing up sucks

yes you do. blitzing / blocking just makes it a 2+ instead of a 4+

How the fuck are Skaven supposed to play defense without a Rat Ogre? I'm getting bullied by the AI playing fucking high elves for Nuffle's sake

don't get hit

Easier said than done

legit though you want to try and play like woodelves pretty much, dodge a lot (lmao 3+ dodge) and try to artificially screen

plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Woodelf2.pdf

The problem is Skaven aren't as uniformly agile, have lower AV so you're more likely to lose rattos which is an issue at the start, and the Elves can take you 1v1. I'd almost be happier playing vs Dwarves or TK or something slow.

>playing against a dwarf team without the rat ogre
Sure, you won't get trough and will be bashed until death take your precious stormvermin/gut runner away

I said "almost"

Well right now I'm struggling to stop High Elves and Amazons on defense. I don't even want to think about my poor rattos going up against Orks or Lizardmen

Let your linerats die. Thats their job. Just get yoir gutter runners up field to the end zone.

Why do all the guides I read online emphasize getting a kicker so much? Doesn't seem especially useful now that I've got him.

More control where it lands. Vs slow teams you can launch it near their back which slows them. Vs fast teams you can launch it to the wrong flank, exposing them.

But vs fast teams they can just scooch over

Yes, but a turn spent scooching over might mean a delay in the start of the drive or a more risky passing play. And it also might allow you to start a counter drive, tying up or knocking over their advance whilst sending a player or two downfield to threaten the ballcarrier.

Anyone on for a friendly?

Just finished my elf team, the Flaming Phoenixes

Goddamn red suits them. Good stuff!

I am about. Whats your steam?

Not him but I am also up for a friendly, nightgaun7

Are you Finks?

Yes. Give me a moment to hop on

newbie here having a hard time understanding how to optimally set up my players on the pitch

any tips for being on the offense as a fast team

What team are you using?

Elves > Chaos

So right now there are just two dudes playing each other it seems. Where the fuck did everyone else go?

Probably busy. There was mention of trying to make a Steam group and the two others have given their Steam names so, hopefully some of the others add them.

Waiting for the next season of the fumbbl league to start.
Signups are still open if any of you new guys wants to jump in.

Would you be up for some friendlies user?

Are you one of the two already playing?

Just made a group for those looking for friendlies

steamcommunity.com/groups/BBFriendlies/

Yes.

Very, very nice

You could try the Rat Ogre just don't expect him to last too long.

screen. restrict parts of the pitch against bashy teams and try to choke them into a smaller and smaller part of the field. marking the backs of cages with blodge gutter runners can work great to stop a cage if they won't get slapped with tackle.

skaven

On offense you want to set up to prepare blast up one side. That means two on the side you are breaking up, 2-4 others right beside them on the central field, and gutter runners spread back field ready to snatch the ball.

Make a corridor and try pushing up to get you gutters up field asap.

Anyone wanna play a friendly? Steam is Fink Finkster

Applied with a rookie human team

Is BB2 online active ?
I'm want to buy it with the current sale.

Also is the base game without the DLCs enough ?

The DLC just gives you more teams to play.

I dunno how active online is, so far I've only played friendlies vs this chap

>Also is the base game without the DLCs enough ?
Not really, no. You -can- but it's markedly less interesting.

Bb2 online is very active. Sign up to the Cabalvision open league and its easy to get a game through its matchmaker.

>no blood bowl announcement in white dwarf
>not even hinted in the "next month" section
>no talk of new releases
so much for "4 teams a year"

>mfw orcs are my favourite team so I only bought amazon for lewds

It was briefly mentioned in the last issue. Fingers crossed.

So I got 180k in the bank, and I've got a bear, one Blitzer and two catchers. Should I get another Catcher or Blitzer to beef up the roster? Or maybe just another lineman?