Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Neck 'N Neck Edition
Previous Thread: Please stop shitting up the thread with politics and race-baiting.

DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/
Part 3 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/21/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-3-the-melusaigw-homepage-post-3/
Part 4 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-the-khineraigw-homepage-post-3/
Part 5 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-magic-and-prayersgw-homepage-post-3/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!NbIgFbLS!5EVhPopwhkRS0WNw5pVtQA
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/26/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-6-old-units-new-tricksgw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well I think Stormcast have finally grown on me

Lord Aquilor
Cunning Strategist, Luckstone, Wind Runner
200 pts

Neave Blacktalon
120 pts

Gryph Hound
40 pts

Vanguard Hunters x5
x5 Shock Handaxe, Astral Compass
140 pts

Vanguard Hunters x5
140 pts

Vanguard Hunters x5
140 pts

Vanguard Palladors x3
x3 Shock Handaxe
220 pts

Total: 1000 pts

The Gryph Hound runs around with Neave, thought it'd be nice to give her a pet

from BLACKED.com they came

Deepkin fucking when?

fish elves

GROTS WHENNNNNNNNN

how that army coming user?

What /aosg/ think this event will give to gobos (or another thing)?

they better give us anything but death

So I'm just starting AoS and I can't decide between Nighthaunt and doing something like Deathrattle+ghosts. Both skeletons and ghosts are great and I love the new Knight of Shrouds model.

My idea was to start with Nighthaunt, since they're perfect for small points games and then eventually expand into bone zone when I get to 2000.

So the idea is, with a -1 to hit from Cloaked in Shadow (from the new faq) and -1 to wound from the Cloak on the Knight, I hope he stays alive long enough to make ample use of his command ability. I like the changes to the black coach and I have a cool idea for converting one out of the garden of Morr set. They're decently tanky and can hit pretty hard. The buffs are just a bonus, and, they count as a hero for objectives. No idea on a paint scheme yet but I do like the unearthly green from the Nialakh look. What do you think? Start Nighthaunt, transition into LoN, maybe Legion of Blood?

Allegiance: Nighthaunt
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
- Trait: Cloaked in Shadow
- Artefact: Cloak of the Waxing Moon
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Tomb Banshee (80)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
1 x Black Coach (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 62

When we had a dog we would often take her to dog socializing, in her later years she couldn't quite keep up with the other dogs but that didn't stop her from trying

I imagine that's what the Gryph Hound would look like trying to keep up with his mistress, poor creature

Soon

I'm running a Vanguard-Chamber as well, so let me give you some advice.
Luckstone is shit, Windrunner isn't impressive either. I'd recommend Mirrorshield and Aethereal Stalker (which let's you re-pick targets each time you redeploy via the command ability) instead. Cunning Strategist is also wasted due to anything you have being able to redeploy at a moment's notice.
Shock handaxes on the Palladors are a trap, take spears instead. They're nearly as good in melee and the added ranged damage is way more useful in the long run.
The Gryph-hound is a cute idea, but will be useless most of the game since it can't tag along with any of your crazy movement abilities.
I'd consider dropping a unit of Hunters and the Gryph-hound and instead bring a unit of Longstrike Raptors.

I’m also just starting, but I’m going full bone zone (or as close as I can get)

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
Necromancer (110)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
5 x Black Knights (120)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81

Death is best army. Show some progress reports when you get your boxes user.

Is there any advantage to running more than one Wight King? Wondering if I should buy the Barrow Lords box since I already have one and 10 grave guard.

Soon

What do you guys think of the death march nerf?
Changed to be unit totally within.

Don't run hand axes. Javs are better.

>want to take part in the campaign
>spending literally 10-12 hours per day at uni just to come back to home and spend another 4-6 hours at doing uni-related shit
Eh, I will probably have my army ready to field on the GHB18 release

Will do. I’ll probably pick up the Barrow Lords box, the arkhan box, and a box of skeles

Thanks user
Also mind if I steal your paintjob? They pretty neat

Hey, user did you ever get a chance to post those shadespire rules?

CHINESE

Get Blood Queen and a Skeleton Horde box. Sell the extra Mortarch or make Neferata if you want, and two boxes of skeletons. The Battle Wizard box is a fantastic buy for your necromancers, as it contains 4 models. The corpse cart is up to you.

Thoughts on throwing pic related into my death force? Love Lovecraft and Bloodborne, and I feel like this could add a cosmic twist to my army

What's the best hair color for this guy with white armor?

Do you think they know slaanesh is being fucked a few blocks away?

As long as you do the rest of the army with the same theme, I see no reason it won't fit.

I feel like what I suggested was cheaper for making ends meet.

TRASH

>SmugCast Smugturnals
Look at his fucking face

"ART"

Well that’s the thing, the rest of the army is all skeletons, so they’re already there. I just make both my necromancers using genestealer heads, and I’m golden

Well, if you're doing Grand Host, you'd be a fool to not take Morghast. And the boxes you're getting are pretty much in the Blood Queen box aside from the Black Knights. I saw a Blood Queen box going for $140 on ebay.

That's pretty much the goddamn chad face right there

got a 1000pt tournament coming up and tempted to play moonclan. not played pure moonclan before - any tips? (only limitation is no little squigs - i have plenty of everything else).

love the list. You should take a long look at Arkhan at higher point levels

> You'd love to run an Extremis Chamber army but for some reason they didn't let one of the units become battleline if you had the Stardrake/Dracoth guy as a general

>mfw all the cheap boxes have shipping over $50

A light brown

SHIET

mega.nz/#F!NbIgFbLS!5EVhPopwhkRS0WNw5pVtQA

Should I switch to his allegiance?

No. Never. Grand Host is the best for a pure Deathrattle army.

Thanks, friend.

pitch oily black with light-grey stripes on the sides above the sideburns

Now that the dust has settled, what do you like about AoS

For me, it's amazing how newbie friendly and easy to start the game is. Even Start Collecting vs Start Collecting can be fun

Talk to the people you play with, they probably wouldn't mind so long as you can fit them into whatever points you're playing at

I like the idea that AoS is a "Story" rather than a "Setting", meaning player choice during events can have long-term repercussions. Of course whether this is really what happens or if it's just GW blowing smoke, I'll wait and see. As a lore person foremost, there's not a lot of meat in AoS for me to enjoy compared to WHFB.

Any feedback? I dunno if I wanna lose out on my deep striking and protection for my Knight in exchange for healing/graveyards with LoN either. Would that be a better option?

Why on earth would it be?

MUHrathi

Healing and Danske Macabre from necromancers. Healing from graveyards. Accessibility to options beyond the 7 nighthaunt units. That's about it I suppose.

you get all but the possible heal from legions in Host of Sacrament.. wtf? are you on about
you also gain +1 to cast with a double necro list and access to black gold

Don't forget you gain Mastery of Death, to give your skeles speed

I'm referring to Nighthaunt, not any of the other legions.

Grand Host, Sacrament, and Night are all solid choices for the list

oh fuck nighthaunt

Lord-Aquilor 200
Shielded by Faith, Mirrorshield, Aethreal Stalker
Lord-Castellant 100
Knight-Questor 100

Vanguard-Hunters 140
Vanguard-Hunters 140
Vanguard-Hunters 140

Vanguard-Palladors (Javelins) 220
Concussors 280
Fulminators 240

Bretonnia Lives On!

Really think so? The deep strike thing is really strong and the -1 to hit/wound on your Knight of Shrouds keeps him alive really well.

So I would get Danse Macaroni, Deathless Invocation, and graveyards to pop out of and to help heal.

But since spirit hosts are 3 wounds a piece, it'd be hard to regenerate a whole ghost base.

Thread is going rather well so far. I'm really really shocked by this.
In a good way, though.
Any Ironjawz players here who have had luck running the massive regiment of hardboyz?

Luck is a strong word, but I've held lines with them, while Gordrak wrecked

Unwieldy and no reach weapons despite the fat bases makes for poor massive regiments, I find. Still, pretty tough and difficul to get rid off.

>has disability (dwarfism)
>is not colored
50% of the way to acceptable

Games less autistic and less about who gets the better magic phase so he can smash his block of "cool guys +1" into the other block of cool guys that didn't get a good buff spell off.

Something like this, then? Basically only adding doggos and a Necromancer to the original list. I dunno if it's stronger, kinda can't tell without playing it.

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 75

First squad of witch elves almost done. Just gotta finish up the bases after they dry and do the blood effects.

Kek, I suck at eyes. Guess I’ll splash some blood on her face

Duncan called me and said that chocolate aelves are canon now. Is that true?

>why its always better to use the helmet option when possible

Not only is that true, if you want the most powerful army abilities then according to the fluff you should make your army all dark skinned aelves.

Good work on almost finishing a unit user, keep going! Theres nothing like having a fully painted army

For what it's worth I actually like the one just behind her

Some of them actually came out okay. One or two might have retard face. Thank Sigmar for blood for the blood god

What did that one user use, Baneblade Brown?

Wew lad. Might as well paint all of my skeletons black now just to fit in with the times

working on some spoop revenants for my treeple

You guys still finding ironfist mandatory?
I know pigs are cheaper now but they always seem to let me down, even if they are fast

Digging the hoods.

Except in the rule book they say you don't have to do that to use the army abilities.
Also its not the actual best rules some dude just said that last thread and you guys are parroting them, theres another one that gives +1 to ward saves that seems way better.

>dark skinned aelves
Moon klan time

Okay so I made fun 1k moonclan list for a tournament. Its for fun, very short games, maximum glass-cannon shenanigans.

The plan is the win the choice of turn 1 with 4 drops, then charge like a motherfucker first turn to smack 'em before buffs are up with everything I have, using the new shaman command ability.

> cave shaman (bellowing tyrant, talisman)
> shaman
> 60 grots (+6 fanatics)
> 5 squig hoppers (+6 fanatics)

cave shaman runs forward at gets at least 18'' range forwards on his command ability to let a unit run and charge. this goes on the grots who hopefully run forwards enough make the charge (expected threat range is 26'', min 12, max 34). All depends on getting the Destruction hero-phase move ability off though - if it fails then plan b is to go defensive instead with inspiring presence and try again turn 2.

If it all goes to plan, the grots charge in, the fanatics charge in, and the hoppers even try to run and release their fanatics for a charge too (bit of luck needed).

What could possibly go wrong?

Best way to paint skeletons?

Prime white, shade (sephia or earthshade?), bone colours

I was thinking today that a burnt skeleton army would look kinda cool

if this sentance read:
>female Aelves in the Sons of Khaine are wretched, servile things
would that be a problem?
Why is it okay when its men who get portrayed that way?

source
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/26/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-6-old-units-new-tricksgw-homepage-post-3/

Be careful with GW corax white primer - that's a quite shitty spray paint. Maybe just start with zandri dust spray?

>58196045
How is this even related? Kys cuck

because it's fantasy you tard

>men that willingly go into a society of murder women and wretched and servile
Woah I'm surprised. Like very very surprised. My shock should be able to be felt by you through your monitor. Put your hand up you can feel it.

>Now that the dust has settled, what do you like about AoS

GW is coming to the slow realization that we hate Stormcasts.

They need to stop making Order factions though, just give death or destruction some elves or dwarfs.

you're still not understanding the basic concepts involved in the grand alliances

obviously if the reverse was the case it would be an outrage and never would have happened. Its acceptable to shit on men because of the progressive stack.

Slowly, but taking my time makes it all the better

I’m with you there user, but rather I work full time and have only one uni class in the evenings on Monday and Wednesday but find myself far too tired come after work or class

How long does it take you guys to paint things?

2 weeks a model. Not joking because I'm lazy as fuck.

Start to finish? I can usually crank out a single decently detailed mini in an hour or so. Depends on complexity. And whenever I paint. At night is best.