>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
How often do you bring in Tiefling NPC's into your story?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_area
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How often do you bring in Tiefling NPC's into your story?
costanza,jpg

Only when I'm jerking off

All the time?

There was this one prostitute in a brothel.

Shh

>Monk edition
>Picture of (I can only assume) Zelda
>Question about tieflings
What.

My players have a fight tonight against giant vulture mounted enemies. How do I play flying mounted enemies? How do I simulate them doing strafing runs with crossbows?

>Zelda
It's Lyse from Final Fantasy 14 & she done nothing wrong.

Makes sense to me

>Zelda
>No Hyrulian(elf) ears
>No triforce symbol anywhere
What

Is he stronger because his heads bigger? Seems like the kind of logic DBZ was following for a while.

Pull your cock in the direction you want them to strafe and cum arrows on the players of the hit characters.

God damn Super was bad but the memes it spawned were top fucking notch.

I'm pretty sure that's remarkably well-animated parody.

It's well animated until Gohan Calvo Blanco shows up. But fixes itself when he gets 1 shot.

Just posted before realizing we were doing new thread: How should I go about balancing an enemy spellcaster so they don't get shit on the minute someone gets close to them or hits them with a spell, but to keep them from having the spell slot levels that'd let them TPK? I'm trying to make an enemy sorc but they've only got 30-some HP, even with a d8 hit die as a medium creature.

Right now I'm trying to make a spellcaster at around CR3 or 4, but at that point they barely have more than 4d8 HP thanks to how much damage they can pump out with fire AoE.

Give them MMNG but don't have them use it until they have about half health left so the party isn't worn down to death.

Most of the clips are pulled straight from the show with minor color editing/photoshop

Single enemies get fucked in 5e, give him some friends to take some hits while he sits in the back. If you're worried about him getting CC'd, give him Counterspell.

I once did a necromancer that the party had to fight in his base. When he entered, he would gather all the bones around him into a bone shield for 200 temporary hitpoints, which the sorcerer managed to counterspell, but he also had special skeletons that he could transfer his soul into to deal some extra punishment.

But that sounds too advanced for something a CR4 caster could do, so my best bet would be not to employ any, honestly. They get fun at higher levels but at lower ones it's a matter of who nukes whom first.

If it needs more hp, give it more hit dice and hp.

Has your party ever refuse to kill the BBEG? If so what did you do with them?

Ahhh haven't bothered watching because Tory still hates best boy so had no interest.

>How should I go about balancing an enemy spellcaster so they don't get shit on the minute someone gets close to them
Have meat shields on the way. I'm serious.

>Give them MMNG
Want to take the dick out of your mouth and try again? The fuck is MMNG?

It's like regular NG except they have a minion channeling it

3rd time's the charm.

I'm about to run Princes of the Apocalypse for my group, is there anything I should know beforehand? Anything my players should know? I'm looking for any sort of insight you guys might have.

Have any of you used the “spirit in a sword” trope in your campaigns a la skyward sword? Or any variant really. How did your players react to it? I want my players to use it to summon a big tiddy celestial mommy that helps them sometimes and sometimes not so much

>is there anything I should know beforehand?
Yes; don't run it.

Why?

Has a tiefling seer temporarily help the party out. She performed a ritual to cleanse an ancient artifact, which required an arduous day-long ritual and prayer. Even then, she couldn't remove the curse entirely, but simply dissolve the connection between it and those it cursed.

After that she went back to her day job, which is selling vaguely magical-looking trinkets to rubes.

Was she naked for any portion of the ritual?

>I'm trying to make an enemy sorc
Jumping off of this, what do you use to signal to the players that this is a sorcerer? It's easy to show that an enemy is a warlock, or bard, or wizard, but what makes the players say aha, a sorcerer?

No. The way I described her was basically the character art from the PHB. She WAS a tad flirtatious with the party's human rogue (investigator, arcane trickster).

Usually? They're topless, regardless of sex

Use metamagic or something like it once or twice, also dragon scales to represent dragon blood could work.

Guidance is important, POTA is a sandbox with a megadungeon buried inside. Guiding your players to the next hook while keeping them out of a TPK zone is a art.

I would

Not gonna lie, I did consider clothing as an option.

Well if they aren't holding a book, casting EB, or singing a song, one could probably assume sorcery. Why would you have to make the distinction to your players, anyway?

Its bad. Run ToA instead

>Use Subtle Spell.
>All sorcerers are draconic.
Actually, a subtle divine soul miracle worker would be fitting for them not realizing he's a spellcaster. Until he takes off his shirt.

My player picked up a Sword of Vengeance and refuses to accept a Remove Curse to drop the fucking thing because he's convinced he can reform the vengeful spirit inside it and eliminate all its drawbacks. It's a remarkably abusive relationship, only instead of a wifebeater or a vampire it's a fucking sword.

Just a thought experiment. I think sorcerers don't have an identity because/so they don't have an identifying deature.

Has your character ever done something immoral with there family?

NPCs are not built in the same way as PCs. They may cast spells in the same way as a wizard or sorcerer (though it's pointless to give them the full set of class features,) but their HP and other combat stats should be calculated using the Monster Stats by CR table in the DMG. You can also look at the NPCs in the Monster Manual or Volo's Guide for some pre-built examples. In general, all NPCs get way more HP than PCs so they can survive more than one round of a party's attention.

What's a good size in square miles for a big city? Like, the capital city of a nation.

4? 16? 30? I don't know what a square mile is

That’s encouraging to hear user. My biggest fear is preparing a plot arc and having the party totally fuck it off by simply leaving the sword be. Looks like all PCs see a magic sword and fucking lose their minds by what you’re telling me

what would I do for some FFXIV setting material for 5th ed

A square that is one mile on each side

Miami is 143 square kilometers. for a medieval city, I'd probably not exceed 60.

Oh! In that case, I don't have any spatial reasoning ability, so I still couldn't say.

So I have a running gag I want to do with my Illusionist Wizard, which involves him placing his hands over peoples ears casting a spell that will cause music to erupt from his hands so they can't hear conversations. He mainly plans on using this if his daughter's in the room.

So what spell best can pull this off? I was thinking Minor Illusions (As its a cantrip), but I'm not sure if that's the right choice.

Depends on your players. This same group has still never used a Deck of Many Things they found.

Quick answer: a lot

Long answer: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_area
Err on the small side though

I have to agree with that user, running SKT or ToA will probably be a lot more enjoyable. At least use Ch 3 from SKT if the party goes off the rails to give them something else to do.

Did I ever claim all sorcerers were draconic? No I gave an example because no type of sorcerer was specified.

One of my characters whole family is a den of various forms of villainy.

Dick of Many Things ("Things" being like the euphemistic "Thing," for more phallic references)

Shadposter's slipped under your noses again.

Is Adventure League fun? I am considering trying out the local one but I don't have much 5e experience. What am I in for?

Lord, no. Adventure League is officially defined by "No Fun Allowed." That's what you're in for.

:^)