Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Chaos Tau Leaks edition

>Tau leaks and Genestealers in Necromunda rules
natfka.blogspot.com/2018/02/full-genestealer-cult-rules-for.html
This is a gross natfka link, so if someone has an imgur album or some shit, speak up.

>Duncan still smiling despite his diagnosis
youtube.com/watch?v=sbCklqPm-iA

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Custodes>your dudes
Gold>your color

Nth for stormsurg-chaos spawn

Individually the units don't look too bad on paper, but they have almost zero synergy. No real access to efficient anti-armor, mediocre combat at best. Expensive and mildly effective stratagems when we can't get more than 6CP without gimping our list at 2000pts means that we can barely choose what stratagem to use and suffer hard if it doesn't pay off. I REALLY don't understand the hype behind the GMNDK, mine has never performed above average. Psychic phase being really bland along with the matched play psyker rule really hurts their true potential, and should the smite nerf (+1 per consecutive cast) be approved we'll get even shittier. All we're really good at is putting out stormbolter shots, and even those come with the tax of whatever minumum 20+ point model you put them on. I got in at the tail end of 6th and never got to use the 5th ed codex I bought, looking at all that amazing fluff to tabletop translation is really depressing considering what we have now.

There are a lot of europeans in this general.

Where to find Eldar rangers? Out of stock on GW webstore, none on Amazon, no reasonable priced ones on eBay. What do?

Boy oh boy I sure love having shiny piss yellow as my main color.

How are helbrutes?

good

Found 6 old Arco-Flagellants in an old box today. I bought them around the time the old Witch Hunters Codex came out. They're still unpainted.

Are they worth it in 8th Ed ? How should I play them ?

they're good. I've never seen or used them before but models that neat can't bee too bad

Pyschic needs a buff.

What army? Inquisition?

Oho my friend, let’s not forget the biggest spite; daemonic incursion! The one faction we’re okay at killing, and for 2CP my opponent’s mortarion/Magnus/LoC/bloodletter bomb/literally anything just comes back next turn, and 9” away from me to boot! You cannot beat a daemons list unless you tell your opponent it’s off limits before hand, period. It’s a kick in the teeth, we can’t kill shit, die like shit, and have lost all the fun parts of our rules.

It sucks.

WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE TUBE MAN
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE TUBE MAN

Why'd you have to remind me?

They're alright.
Death guard one is nice.
Need to be played well to be useful though. They can easilly get blown the fuck off the board.

Would be fun if they had heroic intervention.

Imperial soup.
Krieg, with Inquisition / Ministorum / Assassins allies.

Who Tau here?

Get ready my brothers, the good will rise again.

>The one faction we’re okay at killing,
Oh come on that's an understatement.
They deny everything you cast, blow the fuck out of your heavy shit with 3 wound smites, and then wipe your hordes with anti infantry.

They need a buff but their random hard counter shit is so annoying.

Space Sharks, Space Wolves and Space Gorillas team up when?

Is there an Orangutan chapter?

Going to bring this into the new thread because I would really like to know more. I'm going to be moving to a new army soon and I'm leaning towards doing daemons. One thing I've learned while painting Nids is that it fucking sucks to paint endless amounts of the same fucking scheme over and over again. I figure that playing a multi chaos god list would be a decent way to remedy that.

Would you say I had room to fit in a bloodthirster/great unclean one/lord of change trifecta into that? I have this idea of like a bunch of different daemons working together in an unholy alliance that barely holds itself together as they all bicker with each other.

Can anyone here help me out with what I should be looking for in building a Daemons list? Should I be looking for more big blobs to tarpit enemy units or should I spread out my points and try to control the map with endless units of Daemons?

It’s fucking bullshit man. If they made it pay reionforcement points it’s still be insane as he can just bring in a unit without summoning 9” away ftom me, as is it makes it unplayable. I fought a mono-Khorne army last weekend to prove the point, he brought a brigade and fucking ruined me by respawning 2 30-stack bloodletter blobs, a bloodthirter, a bloodthirster bomb, and some fancy FW better dreadnought. I’m effectively fighting a 3k list for 8CP. It’s bullshit and GW can fuck themselves until they address it.

>Make the good greater again

My friend said you need a detachment of an army from the original codex to use their strategems.

Like death guard cultists can't use csm strategems unless you have a csm detachment.
Is this true?

somone post it.

Yes

I am not playing deathguard, might do thousand sons but might just do vanilla chaos. Is a helbrute better in melee or as a mobile platform for guns?

They're the best cc unit in the game, no exaggeration

Aye so I haven't written down much but basically the Kabal Archon kidnapped the knight specifically because she'd seen it in combat before and wanted to keep watching it kill stuff and tossed it in the pits to fight, where it was a bullfighter against squiggoth and big nasties the Haemonculi made. It became popular so it wasn't killed off for sport, but then when Commorragh went to shit it broke out and followed escaping DEldar into the webway and wandered around fighting the odd Harlequin until it found a demon breach and hopped out into the middle of an incursion.

It's not set in stone.

4/10 not smooth and sleek enough.

Oh yeah, that 12” smite that has a -1 to cast each turn is really hurting you, huh? If it’s killing that much heavy shit you might wanna pull it back behind the armada of chaff you have access to, or try killing my guys with the endless waves of MEQ-killing power available to you. Hell, why not deny us back if you’re bringing so many psykers that denial is a problem? I’m sure the reroll sounds is terrible too, 210 points for like 10 wounds before your saves must be so bad when you can mush me in melee back as Khorne, kill me before I do as slanmesh, or flat-out take my damage output to 4/9 as nurgle. Your codex stomps ours even before DI, you warp-spawned cunt

*blocks your path*

Post your dudes, and your warlords name
WAAAAAAGH Whitejaw, formed by the Purple Moon tribe
Led by Big Boss Whitejaw

You can only do so much to supply a traitor knight world with Tau tech.

Someone help me with my list, please. Can't really decide if I should pick Agripiinaa or Stygies VIII either.

Tech Priest Dominus
>Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land
>Eradication Ray
>Phosphor Serpenta
>Necromechanic

Skitarii Rangers
>1 Arc Rifle

Skitarii Rangers
>2 Transuranic Arquebus
>Omnispex

Skitarii Vanguard
>EDT
>2 Plasma Caliver
>Arc Maul

Sydonian Dragoon
>2x
>Phosphor Serpenta
>Taser Lance

Kastelan Robots
>Phosphor Blasters
>Phosphor Blaster

Onager Dunecrawler
>BSDT
>Cognis Heavy Stubber
>Neutron Laser

For a total of 850.

Just ignore him. He's not blocking anyone's path, there is no fucking path except him, the fucking psychopath posting it every thread.

Guns, the melee options are too costly and the Helbrute isn't durable enough to voluntarily put itself in melta/rapid plasma/counter-assault range and expect any good to come of it.

Harlequins are neccesarily something you'd just randomly bump into in the Webway. They're either out to get you, in which case good luck because you'll be fighting off dozens of them at a time, don't give a shit about you or are going to help you get out of the Webway asap and/or fuck with you for shits and giggles.

user, jesus, go outside if it bothers you that much.

Trying to build a full army so I have something to work toward buying and painting completely. Here's my idea.

Death Company to do what they do best, hack up hordes and elites. The the two five man squads are just in case I need them to to take out something with high toughness. Lemartes to give them that reroll to charge, and a Sanguin Priest so I wound on 2's against T4, also a Liberian Dread existing to tackle HQ's and such but also cast Unleash Rage (thinking of just going with Mephiston instead).

The troops will hold onto objectives, the tactical squad using the Razorback to grab an objective mid-board.

Death Company Dread in a Stormravem to hunt vehicles and a Baal Predator, though I am considering switching it to a Predator with a Lascannon or a Whirlwind.

Thoughts? Where can I improve?

You already have an ape chapter. You need the firedrakes in there now instead to have four animal chapters.

why do they call him whitejaw

Go stygies and drop the Rangers. 3 units of vanguard buffed with rerolls carrying plasma calivers is dirty right at the miracle 18” range, it’s awesome when you maneuver so your opponent is over 12” his turn and you can move into ideal range on yours. 3 dragoons are some insane killing power too, if you drop the extra gibblies you could grab 3 and go for it.

>shitpost for dozens of (You)s each thread as the board slowly slides to shit
Different guy but I agree, many things need to be purged from Veeky Forums in order for us to reclaim our tarnished reputation

Bearers of Light
I haven't written names yet

Can you go home instead if I'm not having fun?

Gee boss I dunno
Could it possibly be his gigantic white jaw on his armor

*expresses my desire for you to cease blocking my path through the medium of dance*

Its a thoroughly dead meme.

God why are the current Slaanesh models posed so static?

What's the deal with GW and the Inquisition ? Back in 3rdEd, GW loved the Inquisition. They got 2 Codices, many WD articles were about them, Grey Knights and Sisters were cool.
Then GW decided to just abandon them, make GKs their own thing with baby carriers and Draigo, and leave the Inquisition and Ministorum with old minis.
Why ?

why can't daemons charge when summoned. This seems like a really fucking stupid rule to attach to a shitty ability.

Seen it said a lot that Agripinaa is the worst FW & Stygies can be top tier if you've got something scary to infiltrate (eg a unit of 3-5 Dragoons)

Assuming you're going to have the Dominus sat next to the Onager/Beepboops dishing out +1 rerollable repairs & maybe killing a few things that get too close? Personally I'm not huge on the repair role & would probably swap the relic for Phosphoenix & the trait for Magos Biologis for extra murder, but it's your dudes & if you've got some fluff for them planned then go for it

Arc Rifles are kind of meh

4e technology. Compare them to 5e wyches and scourges.

I don't play with the beta rules and I didn't use the rez strat.

So yeah it's really annoying, the guy had more pyschers than me so I was constantly drowned in mortal wounds and he was

-Always denying my shit.

I still beet him but its annoying how my dudes just fight weaker against a random army for no reason besides fluff.

If they become good I'm not playing them because it's just retarded.

Next to noone bought them the GK got slightly better sale of the groups poor sales so ended up with them getting new things.

Need some DE advice. Do you go for brigades, or a battalion or two or what? Seems like the HQ tax for deldar is pretty high since they don't have great auras

On foot they die quick.
5 and a priest in a Immolator are a solid melee and zoning choice. 9 and a priest in a Rhino are basically a guided missile of fuck you

They have D3 attacks so the bastards can end with 27D3 attacks at WS3+ with re-roll to hit and S5.
By sheer amount of wounds they can bring down almost everything

Thanks for the input. Tried to keep the list containing stuff that I already own (hence only 2 Calivers and Dragoons). I'll look into picking up another Dragoon when I got some spare cash lying around for it and maybe get some more Skitarii, just to have the variety and special weapons.

Agripiinaa was mostly considered since I'm scared shitless of the amount of melee lurking in my store, though I guess Metalica would generally be the better choice there too. Most likely is me just being too scared of it, though, so Stygies will probably be the right call.

I'll try cutting some odds and ends here and there and try to field some more of the stuff you suggested. Thanks a lot!

Your Knight's backstory isn't even that far-fetched, just remembered that something similar to what you're describing actually happens in the lore.
>Sport for Commorragh (154.M41) - A Dark Eldar raid captures a House Cadmus Knight for bloody sport in the arenas of Commorragh. He bravely duels the creations of the Haemonculi for thirty solar days before eventually being rendered down by three Engines of Pain.

oh well

Forge World Aldris VII, tasked with recreation of STC templates to minimize costs to allow for mass production. Their designs usually only work out due to enough Orks being scared enough of the experimental weaponry to believe they work wonders while they actually should fall apart by all regular laws of machinery.

Their Arch Magos is Tolra Darus (dude in the middle, long-term WIP) and is very, very angry about Orks always "breaking his stuff" and none of their deliveries ever reaching allied Forge Worlds intact.

If you haven't already painted them, make sure to do your own scheme so you can try out the different forge worlds rather than being pinned down to one. If your store's that heavy on melee then it's possible that Agripinaa may actually be more useful than Stygies so being able to change your dogma can do no harm

I'm bringing this list for an event tomorrow, tell me what you think:

Battalion Detachment (Ulthwe):
HQ
>Eldrad Ulthran
>Farseer
Troops
>10x Guardian Defenders, Aeldari Missile Launcher Platform
>10x Guardian Defenders, Aeldari Missile Launcher Platform
>10x Rangers
Transport
>Wave Serpent, CTM, Twin Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Spearhead Detachment (Alaitoc):
HQ
>Maugan Ra
Heavy Support
>3x Dark Reapers
>3x Dark Reapers
>3x Dark Reapers
Transport

Air Wing Detachment (Alaitoc):
Flyer
>Hemlock Wrathfighter
>Crimson Hunter Exarch, two Bright Lances
>Crimson Hunter Exarch, two Bright Lances

2000 points, 8 CPs. Any suggestions with spells and relics?

I have an old Priest mini. I'd need to strip the paint though.
Now you're making me curious. What would a Ministorum Rhino look like ? Not a Sororitas Rhino, a Rhino used by Priests and other Ministorum crazies. I'm sure there's some nice conversion possibilities somewhere.

Lack of talent.

The best... thank you for this user. You made me smile.

Ignore it because there's no 40k rules for it.

Did he love his sons?

What tactics do your dudes do?
>spooking fugboys with Black Templar level zeal
>if fugboys can't be spooked(Necrons/Orks/CSMs/Nids) just go after their most important dudes and use fast attacks

Can CSM be added to chaos demon detachments freely or does that make it a mixed detachment

Cool scheme with the white & metallic blue. Possible to get another shot of the Arch Magos? Looks interesting but can't figure out much of what's going on above the legs

Makes it mixed. If they don't have the right faction keywords they have to go to

No.
They were just tools for him.
Except Sanguinius.

Plasma.
Lots of plasma.
Also lots of power words and plasma pistols on seargents.

Why Sanguinus was so special? His boipussy was that good?

In modern political speak, If the Emprah was Trump, Sanguinius would be Ivanka.
Horus would be Donny Jr.
Everyone else is Eric.
Except the two purged one. Those are like that other daughter no one knows exists anymore.

He's like Griffith from Berserk except he didn't fuck over everyone.

Where does Pertruabo fall among his brothers in terms of personal combat ability?

What do you lose from doing that?

Chapter fits.

Whose baron?

No strategems and no battle forge special bonuses like daemon loci

Does anyone think there's a chance we'll get new official rules for the Gue'vesa human auxiliaries? I always liked them fluffwise, and it'd be neat to be able to make use of them again.

So his boipussy was prized

GW making memes canon

Yes.

Sure, here you go. One arm is holding some sort of underslung cannon/grenade launcher/thingamabob while the other is magnetized to have a lance to work as a Dragoon proxy or to (possibly) hold the staff at the bottom, though I'm not sure if that thing is too much (it's a good 4-5cm taller on the top than the dude himself).

Um. Fuck.
Uh... Vulkan? Because he's kinda special needs.

are those leaves user because they look like doritos

Huh was thinking Magnus

At the bottom, where his entire bitch legion belongs.

zero. Our codex won't be good and it sadens me greatly

He's just a kid, user. People hate his family because of his dad, he's going to be a lanklet, and he probably just wants to play Minecraft.