Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

>MFW T'au players believe they'll become the new meta edition

>Tau leaks and Genestealers in Necromunda rules
natfka.blogspot.com/2018/02/full-genestealer-cult-rules-for.html
This is a gross natfka link, so if someone has an imgur album or some shit, speak up.

>Duncan still smiling despite his diagnosis
youtube.com/watch?v=sbCklqPm-iA [Open]

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Now

big emperors fureh right into my xeno settlement

Xth for Krieg

*blocks your path*

RIP Duncan, always in our hearts

3rd for we need more background for Crusader Houses and crusader bfs

One of the guys in this pic has a terminal illness. Can you tell which one?

*block path with battle brother*

We need updated Ecclesiarchy and Inquisition stuff in general.

That would be a BIG house

Do you all think tge current meta would change at all if we were to get rid of the "everything can split fire" rules 8th has? I was playing against a 12 captains on jetbikes custodes army the other day and it was a massive pain in the ass to have to fire everything into one guy that I was certain was already dead.

Leave Abaddon to me.

Your experience is why they changed that rule, if there are multiple characters near each other you can choose your target

Is this perfect gift for T'au ladies?

Guys Im new to the hobby, spent about $800 on a 1500 point army of necrons. The fundamentals that are always good, Warriors, a monolith, flayed ones, a leader etc.

My question is what is the best style of play when fighting as necrons? I want to be able to beat my opponents most of the time.

Which traitor legio will make their own primaris equivalents first?

Gave me a good laugh.

You will get fucked over by concentrated fire so, cover is your friend you can't rely on reanimation protocols without it.

Yes I know they released the "beta" rule but my shop doesn't use them until their official (which I think is retarded but I'm not the TO), what I was talking about though was getting rid of the split fire carte blanche like in past editions and retaining it as a special rule for certain units/tanks. Would this have any conceivable effect on the meta or would it just never come up?

Why don't you like AoS? It's balanced.

Should I spam warriors and flayed ones to have enough wounds to survive? I was told that warriors are very durable with re animation by the gw worker that helped me build and buy my army

Is it pronounced Ah-bad-don or Abba-don?

How do i get good with SoS?

Ab-ah-dawn.

a-bad-un

Abba don

Yabba dabba doo

So's chess, what of it?

Ay-bah-done

Bappity Bippity.

Warriors are durable but if your opponent has any sense against necrons they can be countered. Just be prepared to lose a bit until the codex comes out, even with how good warriors are everything for necrons is overcosted to hell and back and you can feel it.

abba-thot

I didn't play fantasy so why would I play AoS?

>So who's the current leader for the Chaos Marines again?
>Well mate that's A bad un innit?
>Well yes of course he's a bad one, he's the worst of the worst, but what's his name?
>I told you mate, he's a bad un! You havin a giggle?

Arch Magos Abbot and Castellan Castello

Skidaddle skidoodle... That's how I heard it pronounced once.

Does anybody even play Genestealer cult? Why did they release such an uninteresting and lame ass army?

They nuked the only 2 factions I liked.

"Master-chief"

I have fun with them

Brewing together a 1000 point Templars list.
Idea so far is using 3 minimum size Crusader squads in a LasPlas config set up with a Crusader's Helmet Captain/Chapter Master with just a Master Boltgun in the back with the rest of the army consisting of 3 Grav Chute Reiver units and a Drop Pod loaded with 9 melee crusaders and the Emperor's Champion, packing a Power Fist, Melta and Plasma Pistol.

Any chance of this working even marginally how it's supposed to? Been looking into maybe buying myself Reivers since every other BT Melee option short of Ass Termies seems terrible right now.

What's the point of wearing all that clunky ass armor if swords slice through it like butter?

Shrapnel and small projectiles.

I would like that definitely.
This. I always want to make a more Inquisition based army, but outside of an Inquisitor or two and some Acolytes alongside my Guard, I never really do much with them. I'm excited for Eisenhorn's Daemonhost though. I always want to use Daemonhosts, but without the Character rule, and unable to jump in transports, they are just so fragile.

It's called fashion sweety, look it up

Wait wait wait, what's this about Duncan with a terminal illness? Is that a joke or...?

Lots of things don't go through it. It's like saying, why do military and cops wear body armor when a rocket can blow them up?

Which is the best knights house and why?

He caught syphilis from banging all the nerdy WarhammerTV groupies
>And I mean ALL of them

Drakkus because cool heraldry.

Is it possible to make a reasonably competitive Chaos Daemons army using Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Khorne units? If you were to build an army using all three what would you do to make it work?

I only ask because I can't decide between which of the three I like the look of the most.

Dude, legit. Is it just a joke? I don't wanna feel shitty after the day I had.

Titan
>Grey Knights best knights

It's not a rocket, it's a fucking metal sword lmao

Yes, why do you think he isn't doing many tutorials as of late and his hair is falling out?

I wanted that so fucking badly for Thousand Sons

get a army that consists of more than 1 kit

>implying screaming banshees use regular swords
>implying eldar use metal at all

Nah, not syphilis. He actually got cancer from inhaling the resin dust from a spartan assault tank, heres the video showing it youtube.com/watch?v=ENUE0GyQr_o

why are there no reptilians in 40k yet?
Or rat-men for that matter?

Eldar tech is a bit more destructive than a standard metal sword.

Is it only the ordo malleus that uses daemonhosts or do other ordos do so as well if the inquisitor is crazy enough?

>800 bucks gpt 1500 Necron points
List?
That sounds weirdly expensive.

Skaven aren't real citizen, also get back to work and put that tinfoil down!

Any of them can. I mean, Eisenhorn is famous for having one and he's Ordo Xenos.

ahhh, there it is, the copout used by writers to explain stupid shit that doesn't make sense "we jus dont underdand da alien technology!!!1!"

same

In the faction that dresses up in a material called "wraith bone" and has literal magicians this is the thing that sets you off?

Genuinely curious since I'm a bit out of the loop, but is this for real?

Yes, why do you think GW hired the new paint video guy?

Any experience with plasma hellbrutes? The stats for it seem ok, even with the random self damage.

I can't wait for gullible idiots to bring that RIP Duncan shit over to reddit and cause a chain reaction that will make him respond personally.

no

A-BWAAAAPPP-Don

Grunteth for thee space marauder

>Back then:
>Apply the red with two thin coats.
>Now:
>Think the ranks of the red coats.

for you

Its impossible to get the bonuses that each chaos god for their demons if you mix and match the demons so no, theres no point to combining demon armies because you're not getting the full benifits of their codex

Can anyone suggest some non-GW minis that could readily be converted to Harlequins? I'm thinking I want a little more variety in my army, but dramatic flowy designs like that aren't the easiest to find.

Yes.

For Nurgle you're looking at the three Heralds backing up a max size Plaguebearer blob or two, and some Nurglings to occupy the midfield and be cheap battalion filler.

Khorne will contribute Flesh Hounds, which are super efficient light assault units. Maybe also a deep-striking blob of Bloodletters for those sweet easy turn 1 charges, though this is CP intensive.

Tzeentch gives you Flamers and Exalted Flamers as efficient shooters, pink horror blobs can also be scary with Herald support, and brimstone horrors give you dirty cheap battalion filler.

I'm using Crusaders a lot with my IG at the moment along with priests and I feel like Crusader Houses are really under-explored when they could add a nice piece of lore and a potentially more interesting crunch (give crusaders house doctrines or something, like IG veterans have/had)

I unironically think space marauders are really cool.

I think they should drop acts of faith for them in favor of house doctrines. I too always bring a squad for my Guard. I also roll with a lot of Bullgryn.

What brand of sand should I use for my bases?

Hi, just passing through, don't play the game. What're these guys called? Do they all look like this?

Just segregate them into different detachments, same way you mix and match Chapters/Regiments/Craftworlds without losing their bonuses.

Daemons are CP and have good cheap slot filler spread between the gods, so this works out nicely.

Crusader / Knight combo is thematic as fuck, user, even if it's not explicitly lore-supported. Just /your dudes/ it and paint them complimentary colors, use them in tandem with each other. If I wasn't so heavily investing in my own army I'd steal this idea from you.

Landspeeders any good? I like how they look, and they seem like a decent unit to take if you want to put in a sort of mobile assault platform, plus they have 20 inch movement in a 3 man unit, so rapid movement also seems like a good factor. Only problem is that from their stat line, anything the enemy brings to bear against them seems like it would make short work of them.
How should I use them? It feels like the only way they'd survive long enough to make an impact is to park them behind some los blocking terrain and bum rush weakened enemy units to force them off objectives and to clean up chaff late game. Am I missing anything, or are they more of a trap unit?

CP hungry, rather

I feel like they are overcosted and seem to be meant to use in only very small units.

>what is frateris militia

Those are Crusaders, and no, not at all. There's a whole bunch of factions and sub-factions that all have different aesthetics. (Though a lot of them like skulls.)

they used to be good when vehicle facings were a thing, for 225 points you could take a squadron with meltas and if you get turn one you're basically guaranteeing blowing something the fuck up with a flank shot.

Love playing this game

All I do is roll ones and twos

Wat do

just go to beach

Play DA and reroll ones.

Into twos