Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2081: Ape Tastic Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoZP18U5VyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apes or monkeys /jc/?

Anyone got a link to Blackshadow1111 drive?

Monkeys have tails and are therefor cooler. Monkeys are generally cuter too.

I'm pretty sure DNA isn't really all that relevant to what she is... Besides, I'm more amused by the idea of companioning her than simply taking her power.

(Huh, apparently in the EU she's been retroactively erased from time or something)

Best fusion themed perks?

Or use Window In the Wall to have the authors describe them as reality warpers.

You fucker

There tend not to be any of either left on the worlds I visit.

Or people now that I think about it...

I'd rather see more stuff based on the themes of the story and characters. This type of isekai is rare, and it would be the first jump for this type of isekai, so having the jump be purely mechanical would be underwhelming.

Are there any perks that prevent you from screwing yourself over unless you're mentally competent? Like getting into unfavorable deals and shit if you're drunk or insane? I guess I could just have a clone or Companion use something like that Eclipse 400 from Solars to apply a head, but that just feels so inelegant, and like a lot of work besides. I was hoping there was something that applies more generally.

You little...

Given death is a chain-failure, how could one go about learning the Kaio-ken technique in the DBZ jump? Preferably before the arrival of Nappa and Vegeta on Earth.

>apply a head
*apply a geas

A delayable 1-up perk?

Grab some means of dimensional travel, then teleport to King Kai's place and ask tombe trained

Pretty sure there's a door to the afterlife somewhere.

Barring that, Drop-In / Wanderer capstones in both Generic Xianxia and Generic Greek Myth should help get you there.

The OG Saint Seiya has a perk for traveling to afterlives.

Did you save that picture at two different sizes just so you could post it repeatedly, or is this just a severely unlikely coincidence of two different posters posting the same thing with similar responses to the same post? Because I'm going to be honest, both options confuse me.

I think user accidentally posted the thumbnail version of that image the first time, so they deleted their first post and posted again with the full-sized version.

>Kojima and Mads making some sort of crazy cosmic horror game

I just finished reading Alan Moore's entire Lovecraft cycle and this meme magic shit is way too fucking real right now.

I saved it at one size so I could post it, then find a better quality photo. Then deleted the original post.

Thanks for the help.

Nobilis jump when? :^)

What are some RWBY fanfictions that would make for good jumps?

What are some fanfictions of your mother?

Happy to user!

So, who is the author talking to here?

The Games We Play by Ryuugi. Massive overhaul of canon to create a proper setting backstory.

If I pay for Thu'um, would I be able to delve further into Tonal Architecture through other means?

Needs more elevator music

Isn't it obvious? It's a mask of Nyarlathotep, who spends their meeting being polite and grateful and eventually gives him an Outer God blowjob WOO WOO, and it's all even somehow even more horrifying to the poor author than the time a bodysurfer swapped him into the little girl's body she was currently wearing to rape him in it

>poor author than the time
....does this body-surfer have a name?

'cause I need to make sure they die whenever main-chain Jumper goes through Lovecraft.

Elspeth Wade, a pseudonym for the Lovecraft character Asenath Waite. While not a rapist in the original writings, she does steal her husband and his friend's bodies for the sake of immortality. And she's somewhat implied to be part-Deep One so yeah, definitely purge with extreme prejudice.

...I'm unsure if Providence is meant to be canon with the Lovecraft Mythos, but if it is the Outer Gods just got a lot more dangerous because of the meme magic.

Consensus seems to be yes from what I remember.

Either ENMY or Forged Destiny since they make enough changes to the setting. I don't know about crossovers. Anything else could be solved with a simple fanfic in the jump which won't happen.

>...I'm unsure if Providence is meant to be canon with the Lovecraft Mythos, but if it is the Outer Gods just got a lot more dangerous because of the meme magic.

I'm not sure if that is possible

Me neither, but at least in the original stories they couldn't paradox themselves into existence by whispering memetic syllables encoding their mode of existence into the human mind, and using literary agents to weaponise the popularisation of themselves in order to reverse the paradigm of dream and reality, to let themselves come into existence with Cthulhu as a hierophant of sorts.

My god, did that title turn out to be prophetic in my generic magical girl writefagging

Honest question after what happened in the last thread.

What is your opinion on jumps made early on in a setting's life and therefore doesn't cover all the new stuff that has been reviled since the jump was made?

It's a shame but nothing can be done about it. This conversation has come up several times but it's really not going to go anywhere.

That doesn't sound like something that'd be impossible for them if they cared for humanity as anything more than microbes of microbes that they might occasionally step on.

They probably could do that ASA, doesn't really sound out of possibility for them.

It's a shame but nothing can be done about it. All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

It's a shame but nothing can be done about it. Where men have walked once already, they shall do so again and the destination will still not change.

Eh, it just stands out as something that turns out to be the major gimmick of the story and that Lovecraft didn't really explore in his stories. Also what the heck, are people tracking my IP or Is there something in how I type that makes me easy to spot?

>It's a shame but nothing can be done about it.
Such synchronization. . .

You're pretty much the only person who talks about Lovecraft or decent non-Fate IPs like Alan Moore's stuff.

You type in a certain way which is probably best described as unnecessarily complex and kinda wanky at some times

The Infernals 2.1 update is pretty sweet. The Devil Tiger perks don't cost an arm and a leg anymore.

Crosspost. Prepare for more crossposts responding to this one.

It's a shame but nothing can be done about it. Shit jumpmakers have fucked up a lot for everybody.

It still bans custom Essence 6+ charms.

Though, honestly, that never made any sense to me. Charms as presented in the game are just gameplay mechanics, the Exalted use their essence to do stuff the same way we use our muscles to do stuff. Charms are techniques, not spells.

Saying that custom Essence 6+ charms are banned is like saying "if you get physically strong enough your muscles will lock up and refuse to perform any actions outside of a very specific set".

Man you ain't no fun.

It's a shame, but nothing can be done about it. Nothing ends, Adrian.

Told you there'd be crossposts.

Wonder if this is just some sort of nutbag AI.

Just ignore it.

Crosspost?

...Are you lurking on SB just so you can call out crossposters? What the fuck?

Well, it doesn't ban "custom charms" outright, just custom E6+ charms. Given that the canon examples of E6+ charms are pretty bad - to the point that I don't know anyone who allowed any of them in their Exalted games - there's really no examples to guide what they should be capable of.

So what needs to happen is for someone to find some decent homebrew and get the Exalted jumpmakers to approve it.

This is /jc/, did you not expect such autism?

Just happen to be reading both.

You're reading both, but bothered when someone else posts on both?

Since it's no longer in the notes, I assume that becoming God is now fair game without any punishment for doing it?

It's just SB racism in action.

Wouldn't you be a little annoyed when someone copy pastes something from one site just to start trouble on the other? It's not like there's any other reason they're doing this and point it out for what it is might maybe stop some people from getting baited.

But then they'd be a robot. In order to post, you can't be a robot.

It's a shame but nothing can be done about it. I am a strange loop.

When Valeria makes it.

Gonna second . It's pretty much it's own unique setting with a lot of nifty worldbuilding.

It's a shame, but the only solution I can see is for jumpmakers to either remain invested in the jumps they've made and update them - not necessarily an easy act - or to hold off until they know for sure that there won't be further works in the IP - which is nearly impossible given how studios like to produce sequels, spin-offs, prequels and reboots.

There's nothing to do about it, John.

>which is nearly impossible given how studios like to produce sequels, spin-offs, prequels and reboots
Or at least wait for the primary series to progress beyond its roots. They don't necessarily need to take into account sequels, but waiting for few season s/volumes/novels to finish isn't an unreasonable expectation.

>muh E6+ Charms

>muh

Which can often take years and even waiting a few more whatevers may still have people saying it was too early. There's also the risk of someone else taking it anyway and making a crap jump, because not everyone is going to wait.

Sure, waiting until something has more than 2 episodes or 6 chapters is perfectly reasonable but if a series is already in the dozens or 100+ chapters, has an entire season or whatever else, I'd say it's unreasonable to say you need to wait an indeterminable amount of time. Especially for series that may never finish or do not have a primary series.

Honestly, I wish people would make sequel jumps, like what was done with the Marvel Cinematic Universe jumps

I never got that ban. Early jumpchain never banned custom epic spells, and we had full access to Anima's stuff during the time Exalted was released. I think the jumpmakers just keep the ban out of spite

>looks at shape of upper torso
>looks at shape of lower torso
>looks at curve of spine
>looks at feet
>looks at facial expression
Yeah, I'd be sad and upset too.

To be fair, Digger also uses SB jumps. Like, not "jumps made by SBers", but actual SB exclusives. He's kind of shameless about that sort of thing.

I'm going to be honest: I use jumps I like regardless of source. I just don't discuss any not from Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums.

Alright, tell us who you are so we can put you on The List.

I appreciate that you do that. I know it can be a pain sometimes but I do appreciate that you are willing to make that effort to not cause unnecessary trouble here.

>tell us who you are
Anonymous

He's user, it says it right there.

I'm you

DBZ Jump
Drop-In
One Step Further [600]
Literally gives you the Kaioken

>It's a shame
youtube.com/watch?v=WoZP18U5VyY

>implying it's "a pain" to not be an asshole
Listen OAA, just because you constantly feel like being a dick doesn't mean it's impossible for others not to be.

Just make DLC scenarios

That's why I'm still sitting on the Ancient Magus Bride claim, but for a more popular series there's pressure to make something 'while it's still hot' or hand it over.

And I still ran into exactly the issue with Dishonored 2 - I made sure the studio wasn't planning on releasing any DLC before I started serious work on it, and yet a few months down the track they announced Death of the Outsider.

Which is fine if the jump maker is still around, but then you run into the issue of "what if they leave?". Does it become ok for other people to make DLCs for other's jumps? Look at how much shit happens if someone wants to make the Stand Supplement.

>Which is fine if the jump maker is still around, but then you run into the issue of "what if they leave?". Does it become ok for other people to make DLCs for other's jumps? Look at how much shit happens if someone wants to make the Stand Supplement.

If a jumper isn't around for 6 months then their claims should expire if the jump is incomplete or grossly outdated.

>Stand Supplement
That was never a good idea, tbqh.

jump maker not jumper

>Which is fine if the jump maker is still around, but then you run into the issue of "what if they leave?". Does it become ok for other people to make DLCs for other's jumps? Look at how much shit happens if someone wants to make the Stand Supplement.

Why not make one?

>That was never a good idea, tbqh.
Just leave it blank so jumpers can powerwank into a cup and drink it

nutritious nut

Thanks, but I just wanted to learn the technique the normal way, to keep up with Goku,

The one in Steven Universe is pretty good.

What is there to do in Rome (TV Series)?

What the Romans do.

Conquer Europe

Lots and lots of pretty slave boys?