Maid RPG

So what's up with this game? I heard of it recently and the concept sounds kinda interesting, but some people have told me it's a game for perverts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=krq6-1ht_kk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>posting on Veeky Forums
>not being a pervert
pick one

GM = Master
Players = Maids

Master = Boss
Maids = Henchwomen

there you go, create a setting with that in mind that goes well with the maid theme. Did you even read the rulebook? It had a list of suggested shows specifically for people like you to get more ideas.

i would reccomend la vertie but you can start with combat butler, mahoromatic has a shitty ending

It is, at its core, a Comedy Harem Simulator RPG, so it is what you make of it. It could be KonoSuba-tier, or it could be Infinite Stratos-tier. It's basically good for Anime Comedy games. You could run a "All-female Club about [hobby] game no problem.
Now, I'll list my Harem anime in tiers for shits and giggles, and because it'll get the discussion rolling on how to make a good Harem, and by extension, a good Harem Comedy Campaign.
>God-tier
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa
KonoSuba
Sensei Negima
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The World God Only Knows
Shield Hero

>Great Tier
Umi no Misaki
Nisekoi
High School Days
Rokudou no onna-tachi

>Good tier
Ai Kora
UQ Holder
Asa Made Jugyou Chu
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo
Masamune-kun no Revenge

>Fuck you I liked it Tier
Yumeiro Choice
Kiss X Sis
Minamoto-kun monotogari

>So Bland/Bad it's a Classic Tier
To-Lover-Ru/Darkness
Kenshin no Keishousha

>So Bland it's Bland Tier
Girls of the wilds.
Most things not listed here

>Shit-tier
Re:Monster
Infinite Stratos
Doki Doki Literature Club

>Shit tier
>Doki Doki Literature Club

Oh, and 12 Sai, Potato Elf, and Monster Musume are all Good Tier. Can't believe I forgot those.

>harem comedy

Harem list, not Comedy Harem list.
You'll also notice High School Days is listed.

Do Paranoia conversions of Maid system exist?

>anime

Alright, I just wanted to say it's shit, alright? It's the new FNAF/Undertale. Most of these are manga anyway, and will likely never get an animated adaptation.

Being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian is boring and dull. Have you played it or do you just hate it because of the fandom?

Do you really need a conversion for it?

Played it, it's OK, but nowhere near as deep or as amazing as the fandom says. I want to like it, but it's inevitably ruined by the fans and the autists. It's the same as mildly liking Rick and Morty enough to watch it, but being unable to admit you're a fan because half the people are complete autists about it, and the rest associate me with them.
But that's just a theory.
A GAY THEORY.

I only know 5 out of 7 anime in the God-tier list and none of the others. What does that say about me?

Am I in that weird place between normie and fedora tipper?

>it's a game for perverts.
It's only a game for perverts if the majority of your players are perverts. The only people who will play this game with you are perverts.

It says you can't count

>but some people have told me it's a game for perverts
Or for Wodehouse fanatics with too much time and patience on their hands.

Well, being awake 30+ hours will do that I guess.

Most of the shit on your list can't even be classified as harem genre, what the fuck are you on about?
Or do you think that anything that has more than two girls is a harem?

No, 3 girls. Which ones aren't harem?
High School Girls is a stretch, but that's mostly because it's to the harem genre what Boku No Pico is to Yuri.

Yes!

it looks like the guy only posted shows he wanted to shill, none of them are even maid related compared to the shows listed in the rulebook.

Haruhi is not a harem.
KonoSuba is not a harem.
KissxSis is not a harem, it's just plain boring ecchi.

TWGOK and Yamada-kun are questionable, considering the focus is never on the harem antics, but rather on the individual interactions between the protagonist and his groupies.
Also, I have no idea how you put TWGOK in a tier different from Yamada-kun, considering that there is no noticeable difference in quality of girls and both deal with similar plot structure despite the different framing.

There are others that are barely, barely passable as harems, but I'll let it slide. There are far more obvious examples of harem """""comedy""""" anime, like Hayate no Gotoku, High School DxD etc. Hell, most of the shit you posted isn't even related to the "maid" topic at hand.

What's next, you gonna call SZS a harem, or something?

I'll give you Haruhi. Haruhi is the anime that acknowledges it could be any genre, and does nothing with it. It had elements of one thing or another, and could have gone down many different paths, but stayed where it was for the most part. Kyon had more than a passing interest in the girls, but it never went anywhere.
KonoSuba's approach to romance is a riff on the harem genre more than it is one.
The World God Only Knows has a more clever approach to it, it's more self-aware and ready to abuse tropes for comedy, while Yamada-kun is only mildly self-aware, and makes up for it by focusing on the combat for some of the time.
Kiss X Sis definitely is one. There's 5 girls all romantically interested in him, all progressing at various paces with him.
I'll admit, I completely forgot about DxD, need to catch up on that one.
As for the rest... my approach to Harem anime is that the best ones are not focused on being a harem. Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, the best one on the list, does none of what you would expect a Harem to do. It establishes and progresses a dating relationship, but still keeps the harem aspect with each of the girls still liking the MC. Each and every character is well defined and can have their own scenes without being focused on the protagonist. It's primarily a Comedy first, and a harem second.
Negima... yeah, It's a harem, but it's primarily a battle manga. I'd love to run something like it using the Maid/Dark Heresy conversion.

>maid related game
>proceeds to post non-maid related crap
>more interested in bland harem rather than exploring maid lore

What happend to that Maid knock-off game? Retail Magic. Was it abandoned by the creator? It seems to have never gotten past selling playtests.

No, I mean, the game would work fine as is.

But *I* want a conversion!

Cluney has terminal project ADHD. He is currently taking a break from shitting out half-baked ideas to nickel and dime JRPG fans with a Kickstarter for a stretch goal of the original GSS KS.

>no tenchi muyo
You are a disgrace to harem anime fans

You sound like a bigger faggot than the people you criticize

I feel like I would hate it if people posted about it as much as the other two.

Not really. The role of the master can or can not be on the GM's shoulders.

Personally I'd say the ideal is a female Master, but anyway.

>female Master

All of my yes. If I ever run a game of MAID, that's how it'll be.

Maids are overrated anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=krq6-1ht_kk

Unironically better choreographed and animated than most battle shonen.

>Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
>Good

>Doki doki Literature Club
>Harem Comedy
>Bad

>Le funny e-celeb man
He's right about one thing though: if you don't generally like dating sims, most people aren't going to play it long enough for it to matter.

DDLC isn't good narrative-wise, though, especially Monika's storyline. Its production values and overall polish are above-average at best, and the only reason why it succeeded is because it was a Western market fad, no different from fidget spinners or Undertale.

And if in case of Undertale one can at least understand why it became so popular in such a short time (the developer was known for making some impressive Earthbound hacks, the overall depth and detalization of game world was great, the gameplay was somewhat novel etc.), for the life of me I will never be able to understand why DDLC got the recognition it did with its relatively stale story that wasn't anything new or particularly well-done.

As much as I dislike MatPat, look up his video's on DDLC and you'll see it actually has a lot going on under the hood.

was there ever a second screencap for that? all of that was great

I think you're too cynical for your own good.

What anime?

(Hi10)_Sacred_Seven_-_11_(BD_720p)_(DmonHiro)

thanks, that's now series 286 on the PtW list

Seconding this request

Depends on the GM. A friend of mine played a game wherein the master never showed up and instead the maids ended up; concocting an alchemical potion out of various narcotics that made people explode into pieces of silver.

The PvP is rape and mutual dependency while GM dicksucking is actively encouraged by the rules so that's probably why
Honestly the worst thing about the game is that the two copies of the book me and a friend bought are cursed to all hell
Probably has something to do with the fact that they were bought on money promised to a man with a dying wife that he never received
Some highlights of what they have done
>caused a car's pristine radiator to burst and somehow catch on fire
>caused a car accident with a downhill 350 degree spin into a wall
>forced someone into missing their international flight forcing them to stay in an airport for 24 hours
and a whole load of other insane bullshit that shouldn't have happened but did because we played the damned game

W-what? Story?