Necromunda General

Four Armed Emperor Edition

Rule Transcriptions
Full transcription - reddit.com/r/necromunda/comments/7er2y8/necromunda_underhive_rules_transcript_en/
Tactics Card spreadsheet - mega.nz/#!ZG4mTbxS!8-jwRzThW3mOcvyoGDuKk97Ol_FOJ7FdaCx-Jnn6qTY

Rulebook Scans
Underhive/Core Book - mega.nz/#!ofRi3RKC!OZxxi54Q_PWERg7BaqGZsryf_iXrSGU8R0hL-47fPvE
Underhive Scenarios - mega.nz/#!xOZQ0ZwT!Tr4ExZbe1VhMHnyyOY1qCHlQLiK2YY1vet63D4-y_fI
Gang War 1 - mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ!g1ZDlhCzaTWIS5TmTUrdJsp_ELAVIScPAyXvsILtPFI
Gang War 2 - mega.nz/#!9OZlRKbC!Vh90vELCHMhDYweiLH7nr-vpG-zIZAUIsvGtTOKwN4k

Gangs of Legend - necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/09/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!eN0mhThT!8Vph_G7P-8U2kznwWAoKlLHUdmgj5WGjlgXqtuCZiN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I kit out my Orlocks gang starting out? How much of a nightmare will they be to magnetize with, 2mm I think they are magnets?

Autogun, autopistol, then shotgun, heavy stubber.

If you are having trouble with Goliath, get more shotgun, or dumb dumb ammo if you feel really dumb.

If you're magnatising at the shoulders then you might be able to get away with 3mm. Should give a much stronger hold. I've used 2x1mm magnets for arms before and it's a bad time.

Also, autoguns galore. Heavy stubber is good, but be aware that if your dude has to spend half his turn recovering from being pinned he won't be firing it. Orlocks are a pretty middle of the road gang, but they emphasise solid shot firepower (and all the Rapid Fire that entails) as well as general durability.

Thankfully Orlocks have Ferocity Primary, which means your Heavy Stubbers can start with Nerves of Steel if you so desire.

So how would Escher best deal with Orlock opponents? I've been thinking it's a combination of using lasgun's superior short range against auto weapons to keep distance and pinning whilst using the terrain as cover to get in close and nail them in combat.

The genestealer cults, are they from the WD March issue?

Shit, that's something I never thought of. They've got a decent Cool stat too. My brain instantly goes to Ballistics Expert for stubber dudes.

Sounds about right. Make good use of cover and range and you'll be doing pretty well in exchanges. Getting close may be dicey, given that there'll be a shotgun or two floating around and you will get shredded if caught, but Orlocks probably aren't going to have much that will hold up well in close combat.

Gas weapons might actually be worthwhile too. Toughness 3 standard and most enemies won't have respirators. This would be particularly useful on their 3 wound leader.

Are there any rules for making traps like the frag and krak traps you can encounter?

Yes, exactly. Some french dude spoilered them a week in advance though.

Sort of. There's tactics cards that allow one of your dudes to start with a trap that they can later set up somewhere on the battlefield.

Yes, also the image/pdf for the OP. In English too.

Cards are the only way to do it, as user said. I doubt we'll ever be able to craft them for regular use, since then they invalidate those tactics cards. Maybe we'll be able to place them in specific scenarios?

Ah, bother. They'd be a nice thing to be able to buy like those Ammo Crates (Where they are for a faction rather than a fighter)

How does this look for a GSC gang? Tried to avoid spending too much on the acolytes so the neophytes could take some cool toys and still have a decent number of bodies. Would it be better to drop the mining laser and just two additional bodies with autoguns?

>Interested in playing Necromunda.
>Literally everyone in my area are the type of people who just look up whatever the most over powered strategy is and copy it.

What are we talking about here? Grenade launchers and heavy stubbers everywhere?

You can't actually have both a special and a heavy weapon in a starting gang, it's either/or, so that should already save you some creds ;) Heavy weapons are good, but suffer (apart from the heavy stubber) from range and accuracy problems until you get the extra arm to stabilize them, so maybe drop the heavy gun at first on focus on getting a dedicated carrier for it.
Also, I feel like the extra arm on the adept is a bit overkill, but I'm guessing you have it bc it's an acolyte model?

When gang leaders say they have no gear restrictions, that means I can give them special/heavy weapons right?

You can only have one neophyte with a special or heavy weapon on gang creation, so one of the seismic cannon and grenade launcher have to go.

I'm planning a similar setup, but with an extra arm on the seismic cannon neophyte and a demolition charge on one of the acolytes.

Everything except stub guns seems fine. I'd just buy a second kit instead of magnetizing, but if you want to it seems easily doable with the one handed stuff. The rest could be done because every pair of arms fits every body and the shoulders/shoulder joints should be thick enough. But autoguns look like shotguns anyway and I guess you never need more than 2-3 of each, depending on the loadout of your leader. Magnetizing the harpoon and h. stubber at the shoulders also seems pointless, because you'll always want to have 1 heavy, so why not build one of each or 2 h.stubber? And magnetizing their hands, so you can choose between every combination is definitely not possible. The only thing that seems viable is magnetizing stub guns, but I'd just not play them or say fuck it to wysiwyg.

Yeah, trying to pay for the extra arms where they're modelled, and the bonesword piece comes as a pair of arms.

And yeah, completed missed that it's one special OR heavy weapon to start. Maybe I'll kit one or two neophytes out for melee. I suspect that MORE AUTOGUNS is the best thing to do, but I'd like to distinguish them from what most Orlock gangs are going to look like.

I feel like melee is definitely viable, especially if you give your leader the Zealot ability, but yeah, autoguns are definitely very good.

The slow speed really makes you want to get your hands on infiltrate and such pretty early.

Would it be worth giving both Acolytes Infiltrate to start with, or will that just get them mulched without support?

Infiltrate is also going to control a players deployment zone as they have to work to counter it. So even if you don't effectively use the skill its presence will spread out the opponent turn 1, making the standard overseer and commanding presence plays less effective since they have a bubble range.

This is true. Here's a revised list. Zealot on the Adept and Infiltrate on both the acolytes is the plan now, since surprise blasting charges sound like fun. Adept works his way forward with some melee support as the rest of the gang provides a firebase.

So I'm curious what the best heavy weapon for the Gene Stealer cult is and why. I hear heavy stubber but it seems the most boring out of the three to me.

>since surprise blasting charges sound like fun

Worst surprise party ever.

Turn 1 Rock Saw/drill/cutter charges are definitely very scary, as you have a pretty good chance of just outright killing whatever you just attacked. The only real defence against it is clustering in relatively open terrain so the acolyte cannot attack someone alone, which then makes perfect targets for grenade launcher attacks. However, acolytes with heavy weapons are almost prohibitively expensive for a 1 wound model, limiting this strategy somewhat.

That's pretty much why I didn't take one. I figure a power maul and an autopistol in melee will hopefully take stuff down. Maul will be hitting at S6, though I really wish Acolytes had more than 1 Attack.

So is it obvious that the acolytes are supposed to have wargear since, the cult icon specifically reference them and they can't have it since it's wargear?

Yeah, that's given. Especially since the EXTRA ARM most of the acolyte models will have us under wargear too.

The stubber has good strength and AP, currently the longest range in the game and a somewhat decent ammo roll to offset its rapid fire 2. Like all the heavy weapons it suffers from accuracy loss at long range, but since its long range basically starts where the other's long range ends, this is less pronounced.
The Mining laser is nice if you just want to fuck up one particular models day royally, but in a starting gang it will hit only on a 5+ unless you get close or aim, both of which you can't do unless you drop another 50 creds on the neophyte and get the extra arm.
The seismic cannon is a good middle ground between the two - it's long wave profile is relatively accurate at range and still has the seismic special rule, meaning it circumvents Nerves of Steel dickery, and the short wave profile is basically a krak grenade launcher on steroids. However, the 5+ ammo will hurt you if you abuse the long wave rapid fire, and an argument could be made that for the price of one seismic cannon, you could get two neophytes with autoguns (and still have some creds to spare), who have roughly the same rapid fire damage output, with less mobility or ammo problems than the cannon.

>I really wish Acolytes had more than 1 Attack.
Always remember charging gives you an additional attack. Also, as pointed out, acolytes should have access to wargear, so you could give them an extra arm for a little improved punch (or claw, in this case).

Yeah, but then you're loading 50 more creds of gear onto a 1 wound model. I know there's plenty of weapons that'll obliterate a ganger even if they have 3 wounds, but a second wound means that it's much harder for some plucky ganger to punk you should they survive the charge.

Agreed, it's probably better to keep acolytes cheap in the beginning and then kit them out once they have gotten some wound/attack upgrades.

What's the current gang tier list. Who's the top dog, and who is bottom tier shit?

>Top tier: Van Saar (Shooting Primary, 2+ BS leader and access to GoL weapon list)
>Good tier: Other GoL (weapon list), Goliath (good cool, s/t 4, good equipment)
>Okay tier: Orlock (decent cool, pretty good equipment, but RAW can't take special weapons on gangers and no easy access to bulging biceps makes heavy stubbers somewhat worse), GSC (fun and unique list, but leader/champion choices are underwhelming and the gang in total suffers from lack of mobility. Webbers are OP though)
>Kinda not so good tier: Escher (Shitty cool stats, bad equipment with toxin and gas weapons, no access to shooting at all despite being one of the objectively longer ranged gangs with cheap access to lasguns across the board)

Mind you this is personal opinion though, and the way you kit out and play a gang can make a huge difference in performance even if the gang in its entirety can be somewhat suboptimal. I also don't think there's actually a shit tier at the moment, even Eschers have their strengths, they're just a bit harder to play than other gangs.

Because i'm such a nice guy - PDF of the Genestealer cult rules.

mega.nz/#!eN0mhThT!8Vph_G7P-8U2kznwWAoKlLHUdmgj5WGjlgXqtuCZiN8

Thanks. Someone did beat you to it, but that was phone pictures rather than proper scans.

How are people getting copies of WD so early? Are they being mailed our early, or are some shops breaking street date?

Subscription. You get it on the monday and it's in stores on friday.

And yeah i know i was beaten but i figured it was worth the effort to slice it out and scan it properly.

>Are they being mailed our early, or are some shops breaking street date?
Both happen frequently.

Hows this list

Adept - Hypnosis
Hazard Armor
Auto Pistol
Bonesword

Acolyte - Berserk
Autopistol
Chainsword

Acolyte - Berserk
Autopistol
Fighting knife

Neophyte x 6
Autogun x 2'
Shotgun x 2
Grenade Launcher
Hand Flamer

Abberant
Power Hammer

Looks like a decent split between ranged firepower and melee punch. I'm guessing the shotgun neophytes will support your melee guys as they advance?

Hopefully. But you never know. Theres a lot to shot at in my list, and I could get screwed by random draw and end up fielding nothing but melee guys. Though I'm hoping if they waste time pinning down my melee guys then my shooters can either gather objectives or hit them where it hurts.

I feel like Nerves of Steel or Infiltrate might be a better option for your acolytes to actually get them into combat. While berserk does a good job of mitigating their low attacks, their 4" movement makes it pretty unlikely they actually get to melee combat without any way of reliably closing the distance.

Not sure how useful Nerves of Steel would be. T3, 6+ save models with 1 Wound are probably not going to get the opporunity to be merely pinned, unlike other champions with more wounds. I'd much rather go with something that helps them avoid being shot in the first place.

I'd honestly ditch the Abberant and grab two more Neophytes with autoguns instead. You could do with some more shooting and the Abberants are awful.

That was my debate. I could try one on each and see who performs better but I'm not sure. I can increase the chances of getting into combat, or I can make the combat that does happen end in my favor more often. On paper nerves is probably better, but I could just hope to get both in my first promotion.

Hypnosis helps with that a bit.

Evade?

A Cunning skill. As long as you're not in cover all shooting is at -1 to hit you, or -2 at long range.

I'm wondering if your suggesting it over berserk

Oh yeah, most definitely. Thought I posted it as a recommendation, but looks like I forgot.

Infiltrate is pretty strong too though, as points out. Since you set up after all the other (non-infiltrating) models your opponent has to deploy with your ability to pop up anywhere in mind.

Question to people who have read through the GSC stuff and maybe collect them for 40k already:
Are all of their necromunda weapon options actually present on their sprues, or do you have to kitbash them?

If I wanted to build a GSC gang would you grab Deathwatch or the Insurrection pack?

Deathwatch is the only place to get Abberants but Insurrection has a wider range of Acolyte models.

Go with the Insurrection pack. 1) because you get WAY more to work with in terms of model customization and bits, with DW OK being all monopose snapfit stuff and 2) Fuck GW's holding abberants as a unit hostage, just don't encourage that

Abberants are neat but with being gimped with exclusively two options for customization in total, they're not going to give you much in the long run. They're great looking models, but really just that- glorified bling.

Depends what model you use as an acolyte or adept, cause some of them are a little harder to equip, but it's a really easy kit to convert and the website has the sprues so you can check yourself if they have what you want. Though as far as I know its got everything in it for the neophytes. I think playing WYSIWYG with the extra arms might be an issue though.

Don't own them, but you can check out the sprues on the GW website. From the looks of things this is what each box contains

Neophytes
-10 autoguns
-10 shotguns
-1 heavy stubber
-1 seismic cannon
-1 mining laser
-1 bolt pistol (not available to start with in NM)
-1 web pistol (likewise)
-1 autopistol
-1 blasting charge
-1 chainsword
-1 power maul
-1 fighting knife
-1 power pick (count as fighting knife or maul? Only aberrants can take this in NM)
-1 grenade launcher
-1 flamer
-1 webber
-1 chainsword
-1 cult icon

Acolytes
-2 lashwhips/extra arm
-3 scything talons/extra arm (count-as fighting knife?)
-5 fighting knives/extra arm
-1 crushing claw (no idea what you'd use this for)
-1 blasting charge (possibly 2, if you unpair the arms)
-1 demolition charge
-5 autopistols
-5 hand flamers
-1 rock drill
-1 rock saw
-1 rock cutter

All those mining tools may share parts though, so you may only be able to build 1 without some minor conversions.

Arms may be compatible across kits with some very minor work, so if you buy both neophytes and acolytes you'll be pretty well sorted I reckon.

>if you buy both neophytes and acolytes you'll be pretty well sorted I reckon
This, basically. Just get one box of neophytes and one box of acolytes, unless you want to go to town with conversions that should be more than enough for a starting GSC gang (unless you want to include aberrants, which are bad for a number of reasons already discussed here).

You can actually build all of the separate mining tools; I think the acolyte kit isn't much value in regards to building up an actual unit (in something like traditional 40k), but it is a treasure trove of bits and gear for something like Necromunda.

So I would endorse getting 1 neophyte kit and one acolyte kit- that will have everything you need for equipment and more. The only real exceptions would be familiars, but honestly they don't seem worthwhile (sadly) anyway.

You can also squeeze a 11th mini out of the Neophyte kit if you have an extra base- so you'd get 16 figures in total, and if you have a bits collection it would be very easy to make additional guys with all the stuff leftover.

Thanks for the quick replies, appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure at least half of the GSC infantry kit sales for for kitbashers and converters. I've seen innumerable armsmen made with them as a base.

What are you guys using as hanger on models? I'm gonna use the squat as my ammo jack, but thats it so far.

What colour schemes are anons painting up their gangs with? Anyone have any WIP or painted pics?

Done my goliaths with bright orange furnace plates and dark blue/browns for the cloth and leather. Eschers are mainly yellow but with vibrant teal shoulder/knee/elbow pads/effects and purple weapons. Everyone gets luridly coloured hair, naturally.

Just about to start painting some Orlocks and reckoning I'm going to go for red jackets and browns for most of the other stuff since I am feeling lazy after fiddly Escher bullshit.

If I wanted to go for more effort though I'd do pic related. Seen a few Orlocks painted in that scheme and they looking fucking amazing.

Yeah, leaders can totally carry the big guns if you want.

Should have made the goliaths clowns.

What are you using as the adept?

Oh yes, by far and large it's a must have kit for anyone who likes conversions. That and Skitarii- you can't go wrong picking them up.

Technically I made these guys with SWA in mind but I'm happy to toss them into Necromunda now that GSC get to play.

Fuck, missed opportunity. Next time.

That's some strong work there. Poxwalker base?

Kinda thick but here you go, I’m going for a slightly jojo-influenced scheme

That sounds awesome! Got any pics?

looks more like deldar to me

I'm thinking of going for a torquoise/teal armour scheme for my Escher then the obligatory bright dye job hair. I haven't painted in so long most of paints have started to dry out so I might need to rebuy a few.

Yup! An even mix of poxwalkers and Chaos cultists peppered throughout.

I'm using pic related as my Adept- slight issue in that his wargear is nothing like the available equipment in Necromunda (he was made for SWA initially) but whatever. Might make a new one later down the line when I have a feel for what I like/dislike.

I think you could easily kitbash your own adept from the Neophyte+Acolyte bits+anything else you have.

ah okay, I was basing it off jolyne's scheme

Any chance of a re-up?

My space pirate queen is finished!

Honestly I'm really pleased with this, I can either use her as a Hired Gun or Escher champion.

Second photo

A bit thick yeah, but it's a cool colour scheme. I'd tidy up the kneepads a bit and and put a highlight on the green and purple details, if you feel like going back to them.

Not the one who uploaded initially, but I've edited it so it's 2mb rather than 25.

Most rad. Give us another angle from the front?

Here we are.

Many thanks for the pdf, much appreciated!

Chaos Cult, using the Rules for a Cawdor Gang:

Cult of the Blessed Eight
Leader with Power Weapon, Autopistol, Shotgun and Inspirational
Champion with Heavy Stubber, Hammer and Bulging Biceps
Champion with Power weapon, Bolt Pistol and Step Aside
Ganger with Autogun
Ganger with Autogun
Ganger with Combat Knife and Autopistol
Ganger with Flamer and Hammer
Juve with Flail and Autopistol

Get some pictures in natural light? Looks cool, but the dim lighting isn't helping.

RAW Orlock hangers can't take ANY special weapons but that's probably an oversight. Looks decent otherwise.

Anyone got a download for the recent short stories that were released?

so are Escher playable? Last time I saw these threads was when the base game just came out and people were pretty much in agreement that goliath just outclassed them thoroughly. On that note, does anyone have any recommended starting build for a escher gang?

If you shoot them and they died they're playable.

Escher have free access to Combi-bolt rifle ,plasma pistol and power weapon making spamming those weapons easier. And those are good high end weapon. Early game they have the 5 credit gun advantage.

Only complain is their house theme weapon is meh to bad. Gas weapon can be good but the cost for them is too high. Toxin is just bad.

You start with 10+ body, then you focus on getting those body better gun, like autogun, shotgun, or combi bolt rifle. Don't get more body because it will dilute your roster and boost your gang rating high.

>inb4 the genestealer cults belief gets so strong it creates an actual Emperor-Tyranid perpetual clone that is still loyal to the imperium
>said mini-emperor gets controlled by the actual psychic power of the true emperor and his puppet enters and takes over the tyranids
>imperium suddenly gets infinite shock troops and tyranid pets/labor
>tyranids join the alliance of order along with the rest of xenos and non-imperial dark age humans to curb stop chaos.
>tyranids get improvements from cawl along with the ad mechanicus and emperor invented tech, and start wearing armor, using metal guns, and driving tanks and super spaceships (like a tyranid space biohulk driving an even bigger planet sized battlestation.
>tyranids become 40k seraphon

Question: Never played a W40k game or similar army game in my life.

Is Necromunda 40k related? And is it new player compatible and a good starter game?

it is 40k related (it takes place on a specific planet in the 40k universe)
it is a good intro to these types of games and a small part of the 40k universe, but it is not directly compatible with the current edition of the main 40k game

necromunda is a campaign skirmish type game where two players have teams of a dozen or so models going off in different directions, earning experience, buying new equipment and risking permanent death (like XCOM)

whereas proper 40k 8th edition is an all out warfare game on a much larger scale. both games use different miniatures that dont have direct translations between the two (except for the upcoming genestealer cult and other potential gangs in the future, but its easier to say the two are incompatible in models and rules entirely)

It's set in the slums of an Imperial mega-city within the 40k universe. It's newbie friendly.

Same world
40k : military army with tank and mech
Necromunda : thugs and gang fight, No vehicle.

>is it new player compatible and a good starter game?

Necro : low cost (army), complicated rule, high cost (terrain), is harder to find game, recommend having some experience in modelling to do some minor to major conversion work.

40k : high cost (army), simple rule, easy to find game (and free table with terrain), no to little conversion need.

The terrain is only high cost if you're doing Sector Mechanicus. If you play Zone Mortalis or DIY your 3d terrain you should be fine.

Best option for cheap DIY is probably a combination of thin pine boards, foamcore sheets, and poster board. Should be possible to either print tech designs on the poster board or print out on paper and attach with adhesive(As long as it isn't water-based.)

Also, there might be some minor conversion needed with Necromunda gangs, but you're only painting ten guys rather than painting 45 guys.

so this game only features two factions to choose from? gay.

>so this game only features two factions to choose from? gay.
wut?

the website mentions a lot of fluff but features only one gang, and apparantly theres another one being produced but thats it. Huge fuckoff crazies vs eye searing 80s girls