Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

>Continued Aeldari dominance edition

>Tau leaks and Genestealers in Necromunda rules
natfka.blogspot.com/2018/02/full-genestealer-cult-rules-for.html
This is a gross natfka link, so if someone has an imgur album or some shit, speak up.

>Duncan still smiling despite his diagnosis
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Sculpted Text. (embed)

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbCklqPm-iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell me about your dudes, my dudes

Xth for Dark Kin, Best Kin

Third for Marine Infantry is mostly trash

Don't you live in the Eye of Terror and worship Slaanesh?
>t. Goto

i've been hearing things about duncan but what actually happened

>Page 5, time for a new thread
>Lemme fuck up the Duncan real quick, too
>Siiiiick Eldar memes lolololikik

Can't chose between 2x5 trueborn with 4 dark lances in a Raider vs full Blaster or splinter canon in 2 venoms.

Scourges in a Tantalus is better. 12 Dark Lance scourges and an auxiliary trueborn on his own with dark lance on his on in a tantalus

I'd give my last slave to spend just one might in her "eye of terror" if you know what I mean, and I suppose you could say the things I'd do would be slaaneshi yes...

Honestly I prefer to drop my scourges and put 3 warrior swuads and my archon in the tantalus. I use it to hunt elite inf anyway, don't want the scourges anywhere near those.

F

Resin's one hell of a drug.

Apparently he was in a car accident, got cancer from working with a FW resin cast, has been murdered by Peachy, has the flu, and is pregnant. Oh and then he died. That's just from what /40kg/ has said at least.

They're a Craftworld that would be best described as the bastard child of Biel-tan and Saim-hann. That is to say: they like Aspect Warriors, they like going fast, and they LOVE Aspect Warriors that go fast.

They were invaded by a Slaaneshi CSM force that was supported by Mauler- and Forgefiends, which their Fire Dragons couldn't get close enough to shoot down without being gunned down by Marines.

But hope sprung anew when dozens of Webway portals activated all over the Craftworld and Maugan Ra marched out at the head of a Dark Reaper army, who used their Reaper Launchers to great effect against the Daemon Engines.

In the wake of the siege, several Dark Reaper shrines were raised and the Aspect of the Reaper entered use in the Craftworlds military.

Thoughts?

My Tantalus gets 1 shotted any game I use it because my group are sticklers for the new LoS rules. Had it blown up turn 1 despite only the top 5mm of the sail being visible over a rock by lascannons.

So you spam Dark Reapers and Shining Spears?

He will be missed. Pour a pot of nuln oil for ya homie.

Donate some suspciously large terrain to your LGS.

Well not *just* them. Remember, there are other fast Aspect Warriors. And spamming Reapers would get boring real fast. But yes, both would be mainstays.

I'd also like to point out that I made this fluff BEFORE 8th made Reapers and Spears the best non-Hemlock units in the Craftworld list.

Exactly, this leaves your scourges stuck out in the middle of nowhefe needing to move to cover next turn. Much easier to drop them into cover straight away.

We play at WHW or a friends house.

I agree, 2 squads of DL scourge backed up by 3 FW Reapers.

No need to defend it, how are warp spiders and banshees this edition?

Warp Spiders are very mobile, great for harassing different spots on the board and taking different objectives.

Howling Banshees are hilarious if you cast Quicken on them and use the 6" advance stratagem. They can move 30+ inches. Good for tying up heavy weapons, especially vehicles (since most vehicles can't actually hit them in CC and you can't overwatch them).

But really he is just not in the vids as mich because he’s the artistic supervisor for a new faction theyre working on.

Wasn'y trying to get defensive; I misread the conversation. Warp Spiders are mobile AF, and can do decently against Marines. Banshees are essentially melee Warp Spiders from what I've seen, and they (along with Spears) *really* benefit from some Runes of Battle.

Really?

Why do my 10 banshees keep losing to my bros 10 wyches

He's most probably had the flu that they were announcing some weeks ago, which hit pretty hard since the vaccine this year was only about 20 to 30% effective due the original virus used mutating to adapt to chicken which are the hosts used to mass produce the vaccine.
Anyway you can hear how coarse his voice still is in his last video from yesterday
youtube.com/watch?v=sbCklqPm-iA

Banshee power swords aren't as useful vs the Wych invuln saves. Try (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Striking Scorpions.

I don't care what you play, you do you. But haven't Shining Spears been pretty consistently good? It's not like I can criticise you for not using jetbike guardians either, they cost like $70 for 90 points and they suck.

Striking Scorpions are actually pretty good. They often are, and this is not the edition for melee, but they're definitely worth considering for anything that's not marines (and maybe then).

I've heard conflicting reports about Shining Spears in 7th, but they're very good in 8th.
I was being dramatic because I don't like Striking Scorpions. I know they're pretty good, but something about them just makes me go "no thanks".

Why are there no power chainswords?

>really?
Holy shit why are people so gullible
Don't believe anything anybody's said about Duncan, ever. At all. It's just jokes, you're not supposed to take these posts seriously.

>Never have issues running Infantry-heavy Marine lists

So am I just playing against scrubs or absurdidly lucky?

Eviscerators bud

What are the least played/rarest armies where you play?

I've never met anyone that plays GSC or Chaos daemons irl

It hurts my soul that eviscerators are only available to assault squads. I just wanna give my captain a chain greatsword, man.

I've never played a marine army. It's always Dark Eldar and Sisters.

Chainfists are a power field around a short chainsword.
Discounting meme armies, Orks.

GSC and DE

Well, I mean, that's a bit like making a sabot with a shaped charge strapped to it. You don't really need to put a power field to it, just make a stronger chainsword, it'll cut into stuff just fine.

Also, chainfists use the power field from the fist to enhance the chainblade as well.

WE ARE THE SISTERS REPENTIA.
But no I get you.

It seems like after IG (obviously) Orks are the most commonly played for me

Where's the power field?

Man, your area is weird. What country you play in?

USA

Sucks to be you. We have like 8 GSC.
I'm sure no army is missing. South America is great for Warhammer so many people playing

"An Eviscerator is an obscenely large double-handed Chain Weapon that is favoured by Ecclesiarchy zealots, Witch-Hunters, the Sister Repentia of the Adepta Sororitas and certain Assault Marines of the Adeptus Astartes. This Chain Weapon is fitted with a crude version of the disruption field generator more commonly found on Power Weapons"

Oh that explains it; every time I hear about USA 40k, it's always about Guard.

>quoting 40k wiki

3 people in our shop play daemons, 4 play various forms of Chaos, 6 play Guard, 3 play Marines (1 yiffs, 1 Bangles, 1 Ultras), 2 of us (me and my buddy's GF) play Deldar, 2 guys play Ynnari/Craftworlds, 1 guy plays nids. 0 GSC, Gknights, Crons, Tsons, or Deathwatch.

>Sucks to be you
Literally half my club is IG fags. But at least I'm not latino

>sabot with a heat charged strapped to it

Ignore the quote on my finger slipped and it snuck into the post midway through sending. My bad.

Hey you asked

It's pretty weird seeing so many dudes play Deldar on Veeky Forums, I'm the only deldar player I've ever met in real life.
Yeah, US is 90% and marines

>tandem-charge
>a sabot

>didn't specify fanon didn't count

My mistake, I suppose.

I know it isn't, I just wanted to meme.

>implying
Poor bastard

no one plays gsc or de at my lgs, most people play AoS instead.

Don't worry I'm pretty sure me and her are the only 2 people in the state of Florida who play DE, we're outliers, not the norm.

Depends what kind of infantry. Devistator/havok gunlines are decent with buffs, cult troops and scout spam are also pretty legit.

The USA must be the worst country I've ever played wargames in.
Bad tables, bad players, autistic players, unpainted crap everywhere, etc etc.
It is like every meme and bad thing about the hobby is concentrated there.

My LGS I's super competitive. So far Ive fought pretty much every single army available except for 2 that being sisters and dark eldar. And I already spotted some one buying into DE so list keeps getting smaller.

>Wow, you're DEldar, bro? Anyone else here DEldar?
That's what it feels like sometimes.

At least were whiter than you and not overrun with immigrants.

>He lives in Australia
>TURN THE BOATS BACK
>Also, they're taller than you

>were

Past tense? I suppose racial demographics are really shifting in America.

This is 100% factual. I'm very luxky that at my store everyone actually donates scenery all of us have at least 1 fully painted army even if we sometimes play with our /wip/ stuff.

>not overrun by immigrants
>the immigrant country
Pick one.

>amerimutt talks about whiteness
le 56% including hispanics face

Before I jump on this americuck train, this is the logical result of GW's targetting new players like never before. I'm not saying new people shouldn't be so new, I just think they're really growing in the states.

>America
>white
What next Argentinas are white and old Egypt kangz?

I've played in several states in the USA and in almost every country in Western Europe. The only real difference I've noticed is autistic players. France is the most based country I've played in and UK the worst

Dude, the USA are MADE of immigrants. You've got some white as snow states, but your population is very diverse. But I guess you could brag about your garbage health care system, your broken political system, your overpriced education, rampant poverty, school shootings or the fact that corporations/lobbying and the military are running your shit show of a country. Thank god for canada.

La creatura...

It has been like this before GW shenanigans.
USA is a meme country

Will beakies ever recover?

>You deep struck? No movement face for you!
>Hon hon hon hon hon hon

Its hit and miss here. My FLGS has a pretty dedicated group with strict rules about having fully painted and based armies only on the tables, and they have scenery they keep at the store that is massive and amazing. They are all super chill and a great group of guys to spend a day playing 40k with.

On the other side of the coin is a guy whose "tyranid" army is circles of paper cut out with tiny plastic risk infantry pieces glued to them, with words saying what unit is what.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>On the other side of the coin is a guy whose "tyranid" army is circles of paper cut out with tiny plastic risk infantry pieces glued to them, with words saying what unit is what.
Why does your FLGS let him play? Or does he play elsewhere?

I have been out of the 40k loop since the Nurgle Codex dropped, whats new since then?

Any word on the Dark Eldar Codex?

Cusstoads are now an army

Mostly we have tons of tables, he doesn't make too much of a scene, and usually plays only with his friend. If he is there alone and looking to play against a rando, all bets are off. I'm sure the store employees don't want to have to make a scene with him as long as he isn't making one himself.

I don't play against him as a rule. I also only play with complete or nearly complete models, and try to pick opponents who have done the same.

Argentinians, and spaniards, and chileans, all consider themselves white as anyone else. Mexicans are the only ones who consider their race to be "Mexican". When countries made of 99% european immigrants are trying to establish new cultural identities, race is just a political tool.

Oh, really? Thats neat, I always rather liked them. Are they any good?

Maybe he is passionate about 40k but can't afford miniatures. And he only plays his friend, so he doesn't hurt anyone.

I hate snobs who feel that because they wasted a fuck ton of their hard earned money n toys that others should have to as well

When I was in basic training, me and some guys made armies out of paper and played in the latrine at night

They sucks.

No. They're an army centered around spamming as many bikes as possible and burning all your CP on turn 1.
Dark eldar are on the horizon, but they're still a while away, April at the earliest, May is very possible.
Thousand sons got a codex to themselves, guard and craftworlders are ludicrously overpowered, mechanicus are getting a knight squire, and big celestine tits right in my face are the meme of the month.

Why should I waste my time playing against a cheapskate taking up table room when other players HAVE spent money making armies?

If he's taking up excess room fine, but he should be booted as soon as he becomes a burden.

WS / BS 2+, 5 across most stats, 2+ save and inbuilt invos. They're as monstrous as they should be, but there's only so many ones you can roll when you're a super elite army.

>tfw silver is replaced by the gold standard for eliteness

They suffer the same problems as GK although their jetbikes do well in Imperium soups.

I know he cannot afford minis, but I have put a lot of time and effort into painting and collecting the army I play before I play with it. I'm not stopping him from playing, hes not hurting me by being there, I just don't want to spend my game time on a table with an army like that. I play 40k to build and paint the models. The game is secondary to me, mostly, and so its nice to see two fully painted armies on tables.

If you are in basic playing with bits of paper, all the more power to you, but hes not.

I'm not sure why you somehow think that makes up for being a bunch of lazy autistic retards. I play with nigs and pakis who aren't just better players but generally better company all round than most yank players

>having absolutely nothing going for you in your life so you have to be a prude in a game for manchildren

You are just describing grey knights here though, cuschodes can tank a few hits each, a few failed saves are fine, the big issue is that armour reduction means you either sit your custodes in cover or they're getting 3+ or 4+ most of the time. Grey knights are the ones where a few bad rolls can knock out hundreds of points of 1W models.

Why don't any of the megas have Ciaphas Cain omnibuses? It's a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.

But Australians are on average taller than burgers?