Imperial Guard Regimental Formation

Gentlemen. Otherwise. The galaxy is ablaze with the fires of war. Everywhere we turn, brave men and women die at the hands of diabolical heretics, perfidious aliens, and debased mutants. Sons and daughters of the Imperium all. You are mustered here today to turn back the tide. To restore order and light to a dark and miserable universe.

I hereby officially announce the formation of this regiment. Roll the skull dice and let our future take shape.

d10! On the bounce!

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberfrog-artisartisart.blogspot.de/2012/05/hola-again.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rollin

A proper regiment! Maybe not made of proper soldiers. What sort of grist for the mill are we dealing with here? d100 for demographics

Rolled 31 (1d100)

Nice, let's see if we're anything special.

Nobility! The finest humanity has to offer! In theory. You'll get no favoritism from me based on whose womb spat you out. d10, how were you recruited?

Rolled 3 (1d10)

We're a regiment of high-born soldiers lads, we're here to protect our common folk, and give back to the community, after all, we are the most able.

Elite tithe! So, depending on how shit aweful your world is, you may in fact be human! Fantastic. Speaking of your world, what sort of one was it? D100

Rolled 49 (1d100)

We're the best of the best of the best, an elite tithe, of the 1%. We should have quite the reputation.

Rolled 35 (1d100)

The best one, sir.

I'm getting a feeling of Ye Olde Military families feel off these fuckers. Kinda Prussian-ish.

A death world.
A bloody DESERT death world. The nobility of a death world? What madness is this? D100, what kind of soldiers have they given me?

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Rolled 16 (1d100)

Mechanized infantry! I suppose it makes sense, vast deserts and all what. D10, what are you good at?

Perhaps we came from a Death World where after the fall, our planet descended on hard times, but a small percent of the humans were incredibly gifted at fighting, reunited the planet, and became the nobility. The nobility was good at fighting off local lifeforms and whatever else came our way, that a martial code of chivalry and errantry came out. When the Imperium visited us, we figured, why not join them and get new things to fight?

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Damn it, who let this ogryn out of his cag.. I mean barracks ?

"Counter"? What in the Emperor dry wrinkled balls does that mean? Counter insurgency? Police actions and such?

Another d10 for loyalty

Rolled 1 (1d10)

For chivalry! Emperor Akbar!

Over zealous! Fanatics. d100 for special equipment

Rolled 44 (1d100)

Truly madmen

These guys sounds like chimera riding Spartans

"A rare heavy weapon"... Probably mounted on those vehicles. Witness me and such.

D100 for the regimental crees

Rolled 50 (1d100)

The counter-offensive of course. Counter-insurgency is our secondary.

"For the Emperor". Why am I not surprised.

The elite nobility tithed from a desert deathworld, fanatical mechanized infantry who specialize in counter... Something and make use of a rare heavy weapon.

There's a few more rolls, who can we call upon in these times? d100

>Heretic scum has been knocked unconscious >Heretic scum has been knocked unconscious >Heretic scum has been knocked unconscious

Right right, friends and enemies. D100 followed by another

lets see if me can work dice this time!

fugg

Put dice+1d100 in the options field

Motion that Ogryn No-Bones be a special character and manservant

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Seconded.

>Adeptus Astartes

OF BLOODY COURSE

And their enemies

Rolled 2 (1d100)

We have many enemies from the ranks of xeno's and heretics, but worst of them all, may the Emperor forgive me for uttering this, are the __________

... roll another d100 on the friends table

Rolled 43 (1d100)

,.......Your enemies are the Adeptus Mechanicus.

I can only assume it has something to do with those exotic heavy weapons

Right! Let's sum up! You're the elite nobs of a deathworld made up principally of desert. You're mechanized infantry whose speciality is counter...something. You are fanatically loyal and live for thr Emperor's glory. You make use of rare type of heavy weapon. You get along spiffingly with a specific chapter of Astartes, but your worst enemies are the Adeptus bloody Mechanicus. Do I have that right?

Egads trooper. What a mess you are. Let's make heads or tails of it

Those robot horses we built really pissed off the techpriests...

Considering how desserts do exist outside of middle east, maybe a kind of mongol theme would fit these guys? Also I went over the codex again and I still cannot figure out, that why would anybody not just spam platoon commanders, as they’re so cheap yet double the efficiency of a squad.

The first thing we ought to do I suppose is figure out what "counter" means. I rather do suspect that given your disposition, speed, and status as elite deathworlders, counter means counter everything. You are the bloody cavalry, you are the sun coming over the hill

Next we ought to figure out exactly what sort of rare heavy weapons you use and if that has anything to do with the mechanicus being ripping mad. First for Grav guns

Missile launcher :^)

Because company commanders get two orders cost less than double and are hqs instead of elites meaning you can make more detachments for more cp

Okay, why not just spam them then? I often see people often play only one to three.

So they are friends of White Scars?

Some people do some don't not every player is a waacfag

Ait then. They do seem to make catachan flamers quite attractive.

Mahouts of Servo-Elephants and Aug-Glyptodons with exotic solar-powered cannons welded to their backs?

What did they do to piss off the cogboys?

Our factorums produce volkite weaponry, the Admech are not amused.

Man, if we had the capability to produce volkite weapons I'm like 90% sure that we would have an explorator fleet knockong on our doorstep.

No capacity to produce them but the regiment has found some relics that it now uses.

how about combining the weapons with "mechanized infantry" rocket horses, too fast too furious

also always liked the idea of surf-like sailing desert skimmers (maybe solar sails)

So pic related?

nearly, missing some cannons and counterstuffs

weapon maybe "thumper" like grav manipulators. creating inconsitencies in ground texture to destabilize fortifications or disrupt formations...

why is it always deserts?

oh well at least they're civilized

Rolled 83 (1d100)

probably should role for minor Xeno enemies it would be counter-productive if it was just AdMechs

you're sent to take back world that were lost to the Imperium's enemies. If the orthodox way was not enough they can use your exotic equipment to do the job much to the chagrin of the Admechs.

Their Rare Heavy Weapon is probably tech heresy in fashion

Recommending tracked desert crawlers a la the Deserts of Kharak carriers and the like. Imagine the homeworld is a Kharak-esque desert world where huge convoys of sand crawlers sail the sands, hopping from landlocked sea society to landlocked sea society, kinda like Rogue Traders writ small.

Obviously as a mobile force they're kept as a capable reserve, used for breakthroughs once the enemy has left their encampments.

Too slow for a head-on assault, the crawlers are easily destroyed by a creeping barrage from a fixed position, but are very effective against smaller armored units.

Additionally, since they can carry heavy guns or aircraft alongside their infantry inside these carriers, they act as mobile firebases for counterinsurgency operations.

Kinda like a big, sandy yankee station.

Holy hell that art's awesome. What's it from?

be happy i didnt clear browser history (yet). i just searched for something like "sand skimmer" with "ship" "boat" "machine" or something like that on google images, but couldnt find it now... link from history; i also checked origin bcs looked cool to me too

cyberfrog-artisartisart.blogspot.de/2012/05/hola-again.html

seems like they had a sand pirate contest on deviantArt, its an entry.

Elite, heavy, mech infantry, desert death world, fanatical - anyone else getting a crusader vibe? As in knights templar?

Sure, an overdone cliche for marines, but could be fun for guard. It explains the friendship with marines, and leaves plenty of room for conflict with AdMech.

Maybe an old conflict between them and the AdMech aligned Imperial Knight houses, with these guys despising the newfangled form of knight and believing they embody what the emperor truly envisaged a knight to be.

Already these guys sound like they'd be bros with the Black Templars. Might even try to recruit from them at times. (Also, they don't get along with the Ad-Mech either.)

I only want to know if I should get the classic Sly Marbo or the new one... I cant decide!

why not both

sounds also neat, question is whats their weird weapon, maybe something necrony bcs their death world is a tombworld? used like the cross of christ carried amidst them? a shield of some sort

For heavy weapon, could be something to do with conflict against Knights/AdMech constructs. A ballista or lance themed weapon. Play on the whole medieval knight slaying monsters thing.

EMP rocket launcher, RPG like weapon that fires lance/javelin like sabot rounds, a heavy flameror melta similar to the eldar fire lance. Take your pick.

hmm how heavy is the question, bcs i know some guys with lance weaponry. they even got big ones or small (eldar anyone? shining spears for small rough rider ones or big vehicle mounted, eventually solar powered?)

im appearantly too sleepy to even see you have listed eldar... not feeling so smart anymore -.-

ok will at least provide a spin to it: eldar lances mounted on manticore rockets, bcs they cant fully power them, only for shorter ranges and nobody likes CQC with big mech stuffs, so strap it on a rocket, should be haretech enough to let the admech perk up, also cant remember if black templar were the guys who said "fuck it use xeno stuff to kill xeno if it kills faster than our stuff kills them"

now to bed for me

Right, I've come back from the front, good to see you haven't made a complete dogs breakfast of things

I like the idea of crawlers or desert vehicles being used as mobile firebases for close support. As the nobility, I expect your families probably own these vehicles, which are themselves likely an old and unknown chimera redesign. Ones running off of centuries of Jerry rigging and customization. This combination of technological idiosyncrasies and dogmatic Imperial fanatacism is probably quite enough to out you on the wrong side of a particularly devout or conservative clanker. As you see the vehicles as your property and your possessions, family heirlooms not to be trifled with by borderline heretical outsiders.

Also your home is full of sand, and there is nothing a cogboy hates more, excepting perhaps salt water. Perhaps your home deserts are salt flats, for extra injury

As you lot are interested in missiles, the whirlwind is a close support battery usually only used by space Marines. There's also any number of potentially unusual launchers or patterns.

>A proper regiment
This fighting-force is a fully fledged Regiment, meaning that we will see plenty of action across the star's.
>Nobility
As the nobility of our planet, we were born into wealth and privileged and it shows. With long lineages of accomplished warriors, viewing war as an honorable duty of the powerful and part-art and part-science, it is no surprise that we are learned in war, the Imperium, and religion. As such, we are well educated with an understanding of High and Low Gothic, trained with a variety of vehicles, and our resolve is strong.
>Death World
As Death Worlder, the people of our planet are noticeably tougher and stronger than most others. However, we do carry a degree of superstition and paranoia with us and we are slow to warm up to people not from our planet.
>Predominant Desert Climate
Our people are again, tougher and more resilient, seeing as how we come from a death world, it also means we've not only learned to control our pain and body, but we've also learned extreme patience. Although studied by our noble troopers, we are less effective in Jungle, Hive, and Oceanic combat. As desert worlders, we enjoy visible terrain, so we prefer Agriworlds, Iceplanets, wastelands, mountains, etc.
>Elite Tithe
As an Elite Tithe, this means that there are stringent standards for joining our Regiment, and considering the characteristics of our population, that means each of us is far superior to any of the average Guardsmen we meet across the stars. There is pride in that. There is a drawback to this, while we may have our average Guardsmen at near-Stormtrooper quality, we lack the typical numbers of a Regiment.
>Mechanized infantry
This meshes quite well with the previous. With superior speed and firepower, we make quick movements, and slaughter our enemies. Perhaps we have the ability to kite melee-focused troops like Orks around and outshoot most of our ranged opponents.

Spitballing here but what if we played a sort of colonialist\dune inspired thing,
Mainline: royal blood, inhabit relatively temperate poles of planet huge sand crawlers, look like kataphracts
Roughriders, long las, other auxilia : poor desert dwellers beduin \freemen
On TT you could combine Armageddon (chainmail long coats) with tallharn

Should we roll up our Astartes friends and our cogboy enemies?

>Counter
This could mean many things, but in this context a counter-offensive is most likely if we are mechanized.
>A rare heavy weapon
One of our vehicles weapon's as previously stated.
>Regimental Creed: For the Emperor
The Emperor comes first in all things.
>Loyalty Rating: Overzealous
We view ourselves as no more than the instruments of the Emperor and we act accordingly. We do not retreat unless ordered to, we are all willing to fight to the last with zealotry and optimism that the servants of the Emperor shall prevail. Chaos influence and any insurrections have never happened or come to our planet.
>Imperial Friend: Adeptus Astartes Chapter
Any of the pious ones: Blood Angels
>Imperial Enemy: Adeptus Mechanicus
This probably has to do with our general fanaticism and our rare heavy weapons. We don't fight them for the Emperor's sake, but it's safe to say we don't like them, and wouldn't want to help them out.

Culturally they are obviously reminiscent of heavily religious Middle Eastern cultures sprinkled with some European knightly orders, but with modern and futuristic influences. We have many similarities to the Tallaran's, but also to the Vostroyan, Steel Legion, and Catachan regiments. Our average Guardsman is strong, at peak-human combat effectiveness, of course we are limited in numbers, but that's actually good for a mechanized regiment, as we have no issue making our entire force mechanized, when we need to.

I think the society they are from inhabits the whole planet, not just the easy parts, hence why they've profited from the death world. I like the sand crawler and drilling idea's from the thread. I think the soldiers of non-royal blood should be mainly in the PDF and rarely used with the real Regiment, to bolster numbers, we are elite tithe after all. I like your appearance idea, make them a combination of Bedouin/AfrikaKorps/futuristic.

What if the planet was colonized by inhabitants/descendants of humans from aincent Afrik on Terra?

get all the heavy daka intended for devastator squads