Who's waiting for your PC to come home?

Who's waiting for your PC to come home?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEt41bYQBgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one. He is depressingly alone, and the party of PC's are the only friends he has.

I had a character who thought someone was waiting for him. She wasn't, and it set him down the path to becoming the BBEG in our current game.

Nobody. Her other son is 14, old enough to live as a wizard's apprentice in the capital rather than in his family's country villa, and her husband died violently, which is why she and her oldest son (another party member) are off adventuring in the first place. With the villa gone too, she set the servants free before they left, so there's nothing to return to.

Nobody, because he was exiled.

Same as I have waiting for me. No one.

Nobody just like real life

Veeky Forums - murderhobos

His employer/ best friend eagerly awaits his return, and he can't wait to see his friend again.

His father also wants his son to come home, but that's a lot less likely to happen. He left home and forsook his heritage at a young age for good reason (Family are basically corrupt if not out and out evil, his mother cursed him and his brother by using dark magic to get pregnant, and his dad is basically The Ancestor) and found religion, so he's unlikely to ever return

His parents and cocky grandfather, though the term "home" is more spiritual given they're a bunch of world-travelling forest hobos that are basically a 3-person party of level 15+ adventurers that have had hundreds of years to accumulate adventurer experience from encounters or stumbling upon random bullshit, with tracking them down again after any amount of time being half the challenge.

Just his parents. He sends them souvenirs now and then and they send him care packages, sometimes with knit beanies.

An Imperial Inquisitor

Same. Bright side is being alone is proven to shorten life span considerably

You might try "roleplaying" a bit.

Her beautiful wife

His mistress (wizard). Of course the only reason he's currently adventuring is because she got sick of his bumbling around her tower and invented some nonsense tasks to distract him for a bit.

No one. But I lie to people and tell them there's someone out there who cares for me and when they believe it, even just for a second before putting it out of their minds for good, it makes me feel good about myself.

Then I come home to an empty home and my lies are gone with the wind and I realize I would really like to try serial killing and how can I possibly dissolve a whole body in my bathtub without making a mess, but then I listen to some nice music and fall asleep and just repeat the day all over again without actually killing anyone in the process.

Dwarf wife and two kids, only out and about because he grew up in a society that respects strength of deed, arm and character above all. So he's out making a name for himself to alleviate the shame on her house one of her ancestors caused and the complications of marrying him, a Goliath.

Right, but what about your character?

Your PC not you irl.

No-one. Finding out who killed his wife and took his daughter is why he's running the shadows. All he's got is a hidden Credstick, with the funds to either take her somewhere quiet and secure, or to be the warchest to kill everyone who hurt her.

A mildly attractive teenage girl with a decently sized chest and adequate cooking ability.
Write what you know

I was talking about the PC.

To add further, I RP every day as a normal person. I think that counts as a traditional game.

His parents if they've forgiven his for killing his brother.

My character was an alchemist and sorcerer trying to tap into the hidden strength of his bloodline. An accident occurred and now when he grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by a royal investigator. The creature is wanted for a murder he didn't commit. My character is believed to be dead and he must let the world think that he is dead until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him

His pet. Catgirl.

Here's your (You). Not every character has a happy ending, beginning, or life. Nor does every person.

For real though, hang in there bud.

I wasn't baiting. Obviously not every character has to have a family or something but "I don't have anyone so why should my character?" is just bad reasoning.

I'm doing alright, I've been like this for the past ten years and I've never killed anyone. I'd rather not wind up going to jail. My county isn't Norway, no way they'd let me have fun in prison.

I'm convinced every person is just role-playing a normal person while trying desperately to hide their neuroses from everyone else. Truly, the most Traditional Game.

Why do you assume none of my characters have ever had a happy life, or people to care about? You are inferring a lot off of a little, user. Which is a tried and true way to look like you're baiting. So until you come at this logically, I'm just going to assume you're baiting, hand you your final (You), and be on my way. Cheers.

A clutch of baby lizardfolk he adopted and is raising after rescuing them from a dragon.

That's awful, bro

They didn't say their characters had no one because they have no irl.

His son is a RT and is away on the eastern fringe most of the time. Wife is mostly around him or a system away from him, because she and her SoBs follow his retinue around as part of the deal made with ecclesiarchy and the SoB chapter.

Nobody. Even his wives think he's a delusional, anti-dragon subversive.

>tfw your tribe will never understand serving dragons is not a good thing
>tfw you will never get to teach your sons the art of metallurgy which will save your kind from the dracocracy
>tfw exiled to live with smelly mammals like humans and elves

Why go on?

some unconventional conversationalists

His home is the flying ship the party lives on. Before that he had nothing but his fairy companion (another PC).

1. A political shitstorm and a plot to kill him. He mostly had coming.

2. A bunch of pet snakes and some delusions.

3. Just bad memories.

The sheriff, some bill collectors, and two sisters who sponge off him. He won't be going home soon.

The law
>Sargos the level 12 Rogue has learned about friendship, goodness and what is right from his Cleric, Paladin and Monk party members
>After saving the world, he honors the dying memory of his good Paladin friend by doing what is right
>In the middle of a torrential downpour, a knock arrives on the door of Inspector Viloveux. He answers wearily.
>"I'm done running from you." Sargos says.
>There is a long silence. "That's it, then?" The inspector asks. Sargos nods.
>After a long and tiring conversation, the inspector takes him in the next morning.
>The gallows are prepared.

And That's the story of how the thief-king of Mouulport accepted his responsibility for the death of four innocent children in a robbery gone wrong. Now I'm back to foreverDMing. Only two more years before I get to play again!

Nobody. He has family but they're all pretty sure he's dead and he hasn't come around to dispel that rumor.

>two sisters who sponge off him
I like this. A character "having a family" doesn't mean they have to have a beautiful wife and six kids at home, just normal relations like anyone might have.

No one, his family died

His hooker friend

This is fucking great.

Crippling debts, a burnt-down house and a warrant.
I'm not going back there.

There's nobody left. He doesn't even have a home to return to thanks to the BBEG magic-nuking the city he lived in.

The worst thing about it is that the BBEG is untouchable so he can't even get revenge. My poor guy is just running around trying to make himself useful, distracting himself from his survivor's guilt and a gnawing sense of insignificance.

What's this, a Hellraiser comic?

no one. we just started an intra-system war. she's too cold, standoffish and a workaholic to find someone.

she mercy-killed her last (and only) lover after watching him degenerate into a human vegetable due to wounds from the last war.

no kids due to infertility caused by her own injuries from the war. she's got about a decade or so left of good life, and then maybe a good 4-5 years of her body falling apart completely before she dies.

my god, it's been YEARS since I've seen that pic, holy shit I'm old.....

>Who's waiting for your PC to come home?
No one.
They lived a full life after I was gone...
I'll never forget them...
But they forgot me a long, long time ago.

His very young daughter who is currently in the care of some nuns. Once he returns he'll have to explain he's a Papa, not a Mama.

He's currently trying to avenge his wife, so that'll have to wait.

>Before embarking on a journey of revenge first dig two graves
Nobody

His younger brother is waiting for him to return and attempt to reclaim his rights as lord because he knows that their father failed to kill him.

A pile of dirty laundry and an inexplicably comfortable bed that has never once been made.

> Muh elf
A whole clan of forest elves.
> Muh Malkavian vampire
Nobody. Mommy and daddy believe him dead.
> Muh non-VtM fantasy vampire
A cute vampire wife, a youthful-looking vampire mother, two little vampire children and a few tens of human peasants.
> Muh Bogeyman
He's homeless. He doesn't need a home anyway.
> Mein half-troll
Old stepfather smith and old stepmother.

His mom. Hey, he's not doing all that dubiously moral adventuring stuff just for shit and giggles. He needs to pay for healers, the woman had the balls to raise an aberration, she deserves that.

His cute elf boyfriend who is currently bedridden despite wanting to take part in the adventure. My PC would have stayed but alas the stakes were too high to leave anyone out who could raise a sword.

She fucked other men.

No one, now.

>tfw no woman will ever hold you like this
ot: probably his teacher from the wizard academy, literally the only loved one in his home city who is still alive

>His cute elf boyfriend
Idk user that sounds kinda gay

No one.
She's planning on making the other PCs into her take-along harem.

Well they're both elves, you know how they get. It was actually a genuine mistake (each thought the other was female) but because talking about sex stuff was so taboo neither could outright ask the gender of the other without being very scandalous and so by the time they figured it out they had become close enough that they were willing to stay a couple anyway.

There's a price on his head back home, so quite a few people.

No one I guess.

The other two players wanted to make orphans because coming up with a real backstory is hard. So I figured I'd do so too (and the DM-NPC as well) to be a thing we could bond over or something. We didn't of course, but hey, I tried.

My character is part of a guild, but other than the DM-NPC all his other friends in it died in the first adventure. So just stuck with these awful PCs

It's not healthy just to let it eat away at you like that. Go for it; you never know what you might find out about yourself.

I would say his wife but through shenanigans she’s traveling with the party now

An empty mansion and a cellar full of bourbon.

My crew. My ship. My only home in a dark and uncaring universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=YEt41bYQBgE

His wife and kids are on another continent, he's going home though.

A loving family of career Ares employees who disapprove of her life choices. She mostly skypes in for holidays, since Knight Errant doesn't usually let criminals just fly into DTW and take an autocab all the way to Grandma's house.

His last living squadmate.
She's his adopted daughter who knows he's alive, but he's trapped in another universe via warp portal. Before that, she had to give his eulogy at the team's collective funeral.

How many wives and girlfriends of military men DON'T cheat while they're gone? I'd venture to say a solid 5%

I hope this sad reality is reflected in your games, Veeky Forums.

He was cast out as literal garbage when his owners 'upgraded' (dedicated robot instead of an automaton). I suspect there is a side plot with a machine cult coming up in my campaign though. Right now I'm just focused on turning an autistic street urchin into Bruce Wayne.

>Play a game to have fun and escape reality for a bit
>Hurr I hope you remind people of reality in their fun time!
I hope people like you in the ttrpg and videogame community die the most painful of deaths.

His soon-to-be wife.
More accurately, she's waiting for him to find a home first.

My adoptive Korred father.

He gave me a silver ring cut from his hair to remember him by.

My parents are waiting for me at "village," loosely I use that term, north of Nuln. They expected me to be a hunter after my father, I ran off to join the Imperial Gunnery School, found out it was reserved for the upper crust of society with deeper pockets than mine. So instead, I fell in with a band of ruffians and we wound up taking a few odd jobs here and there, hoping that I'd strike up enough crowns to bribe my way in.

I have a mix of hate and sorrow for my parents, overtly I'm still furious they tried everything in their power to keep me from leaving, secretly I miss them dearly and sometimes find myself wishing I heeded their advice instead of trudging around the countryside sticking my neck out for a few coins here and there. I'm their only son, eldest of five siblings though. Sometimes I think I'll triumphantly march back home after becoming what I set out to be, shove it in their face along with a fat sack of gold.

Indeed, some of them are pretty good.
I think I remember that one, blind musician make music so great and filled with pain the cenobites visit. He is left with no sense but sight watching leviathan and the labrynth in all it's glory.

What even is home anymore?

noice

Nobody. His husband is out searching

Would a military wife really treat a veteran like that, user?

I think while the temptation is there, the amount of willing men is slightly less than you'd think. I know when I had a military wife trying to hop on me while her husband was away, I stayed way the hell away from her. If she'd cheat on her husband, especially one she had a kid with, she's not worth the time of day.

>the amount of willing men is slightly less than you'd think
It only takes one willing man to lets dozens of women have their way...

If there was anything there for him he wouldn't have left

The witch coven who raised her. When she returns to her hive, she'll have grown wiser and pass on her knowledge to the next generation of witches. Her parents are also waiting for her, but she was raised moreso by the witches who trained her than her parents, so they are more of an afterthought.

>thuntmobile.jpg

Yeah, especially since these sort of manipulative persons wouldn't waste a second to unload all their guilt on you. And one must be really stupid to risk having to deal with mister shellshocked veteran, who still has his ordinance rifle and is trying to cope with the death of his friends. It's just too much of a cliché, you'd have to be a retard to risk it.

It's less that military spouses are necessarily more likely to cheat, it's that people in dysfunctional marriages are more likely to cheat and military marriages are more likely to be dysfunctional. Getting married at 19 is rarely a recipe for success, and someone willing to be deployed is someone with priorities greater than their spouse by their nature.

Fun fact: that actually is the soldier's baby, he very briefly returned home just long enough to knock up his wife.

His son, who is the child of a greater deity who he had an "encounter" with before ascending.
A dragon, which imprinted on him in the early years of his adventures and which is now a young adult.
The last elf on the prime material plane, child of the previous evil overlord who the party redeemed.
The rest of the party went on to further adventure and defending the cosmos against still larger threats as minor deities, my character decided that it was time to settle down and clean up the mess that he left behind, starting with the children who he swore oaths to protect along the way. Perhaps the party will come to visit again, but he's going to enjoy a simple life in the woods with his wards.

>both thought the other one was female
>elves are just so feminine
As it should be, user
As it should be

No one but she dearly misses the pirate ship and anywhere that isn't with the retards she's with