Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7bavMRkR
pastebin.com/8iCy4Y2J
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can I get a list of every book the Bull of the North has been mentioned in across both first and second editions?

he was in one of the novelizations if that helps

Corebooks, Caste Book: Dawn, Scavenger Sons, CoTD: North. There are probably others, but those are the ones I could think of right away.

What even is the point of lunars if bull isn't one of them?

Its like hermione not being a ravenclaw just cause shes black

I'm for Thaumaturgy for mortals. It has nearly 0 combat application, it works great for shaman and hedge wizard types, and elevates mortals from absolute dirt farmer status. I especially like the "Magic is folklore" style, but Alchemy and Astrology are cool, too.

Thaumaturgy is still part of 3e, so I assume you mean the more 2e still laundry list of little rituals you can buy?

How many people have had characters that actually achieved Cult 4 or 5 and how was that accomplished? How much bullshit came your way as a consequence of being that widely known?

Does the North have trolls and giants and so on or equivalents thereof?

Oh yes, though you'd have to stat them yourself at the moment.

alchemy and astrology fall under thaumaturgy

Not mentioned explicitly, but I see no reason to assume the wyld doesn't churn those out on the regular. I can already think of a number of creatures you could call a troll by just slapping on a fresh coat of paint

Can you guess who's who?

Anyone have the more recent HNDP or AotR?

There's a list of exalted indices somewhere on the net. It's a pdf. Should be able to find it fairly easily.

On a side note, does anybody have a 3e Map with every 1e & 2e location on it?

I too have been confused by this argument. Thaumaturgy is still in 3E. Admitidly I didn't play with it in 2E much (another character did) but the small number of rituals isn't too suprising in core given the fact that most PCs with it will also be able to do workings. But it shouldn't be too hard to brew up or convert your own.

How'd you go about making a version of Flight of the Brilliant Raptor aspected after cold rather than fire?

You just do it? No reason the stats should change.

Find: "Fire", Replace "Ice".

Flight of the Rimebound Eagle

Something something, freezes the area 4L/round enviromental effect.

I guess, if you're feeling extra saucy, instead of the enviromental effect it could inflict a dice penalty on the person it hit. But then someone would have to balance that.

do what
said, but also run it past your ST if you can do so, they may ask that you change more than just those small things.

What kind of cool shit can you do with this system? any stories?

You can dynamic entry into a castle tower where leaders of a nation are gathering. Kill them all and then take the last leader and ride him like a surfboard down a flight of stairs before killing all the castle guards solo while one of your friends is outside turned into a T-Rex and another riding said T-Rex with a flamethrower taking out the entire town guard.

This is something that actually happened.

Top row: Kimbery, Szoreny, Elloge, Cecelyne, Hegra, Sacheverell, Oramus
Bottom Row: Cytheria, Qaf, Malfeas, Adorjan, The Ebon Dragon, Isidoros, She Who Lives In Her Name

How did I do, user? Some of them are a lot more obvious than others.

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
Not up-to-date. Here's the latest NPC:
pastebin.com/7bavMRkR

Do you remember that one memory The Unnamed One has where he proves to a man he doesn't exist and he poofs out?

can't you just give yourself an asston of titles and have a bunch of small cults worshiping those nobody the wiser it's all one dude?

thaumaturgy is absolutely NOT part of 3e. theres some shitty bland abomination that stole it's name, but is has nothing whatsoever in common

in 2e you needed a specific absorption or a long ass research project followed by another extended roll to make and test and refine it until it actually works.
3e magic is just a thing that happens with no real limitations so you just declare it frost based and shrug

Please elucidate the differences.

What are some languages one would know in the Hundred Kingdoms?

Riverspeak, Local Tongues. Maybe Forest-tongue.

Guild Cant if you're with the guild, Old Realm if you're a scholar, Dragon Tongue if you're a poseur, Low Realm if you have dealings with the Realm/Threshold.

Is dragontongue completely pointless?

I'd rather have seen fairfolk split off from oldrealm than yet another language for the blessed isle while the other directions allegedly represent broad language groups.

Is Impenetrable Veil of Night kinda on the underpowered side or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, it's got great coverage and a broadly applicable to all perception and awareness rolls is sweet, but a -2 doesn't feel right. Anyone with excellencies would just laugh at that.

I'd just fold it into highrealm

>Dragon Tongue
>Low Realm
I don't think that the Realm is that influential in the Hundred Kingdoms, more like it plays second fiddle to the closer Lookshy.

Hence why I said Low Realm if you're dealing with the Realm/Threshold. Though anyone you're dealing with is likely to speak Riverspeak anyway.

I think Dragontongue is a status thing. Any dynast of base patrician stock can speak High Realm and even backwards savages may understand Old Tongue... but only the most elegant and refined linguist with truly remarkable taste would have a mastery of Dragon Tongue.

that feels less like an actual language and more like guild cant. it should at most cost 1/4th a language point

Sorcery is an extension of your Control. Nothing forbids you from making a Scholarity based sorcery awakening that requires your extensive research.
Knowing a language few people do is an advantage, not a detriment.

Guild Cant is also a language that eats up an entire language point.

and it is no more of an advantage with dragontongue than it is with guild cant or the various trial tongues. all of which are learned at a discount.
the high/low realm split is bad enough considering how they fluff the directional languages

huh. weird, I remembered it as being listed with the tribal tongues in 3e

So it's still the case that many more DB's attend the cloister of wisdom as a secondary school then actually become monks right? And I forget, do only immaculate monks get the dragon martial arts or can you do that without actually being a monk?

you don't have to be a monk to get it.

2e thaumaturgy is the science of essence. 3e sorcery took its place, and bumped its powerlevel.

2e sorcery is weird shit happening because we don't know. 3e thaumaturgy took its place, and nerfed its powerlevel so much it is literally useless.

We went from the science of essence to weird pseudo-charms that can't be learned, only taught, that no-one can understand, that works because I guess, and also they are able to do things like clone a piece of bread (with difficulty) or light a campfire.

Which cause an issue because some parts of the setting are still written as if thaumaturgy was a science, or at least an art, most notably Sijan, the wandering exorcists, the city of the Ten Fathers, and probably others I had forgotten.

Sijan studies the arts of the dead. What arts? Thaumaturgy isn't an art. It can't be.

How hard would it be to overrun an enemy city with Gallmau? Grab I dunno, five, give them victims for breeding purposes then sit back to a safe distance and wait a year or so.

Bull is Solar. Lunar are more slavey owlgirl and teasy catgirl and cute schyzo shark-girl with long teeth that would do a mean blowjob.

so only the shark-girl can be cute, or the shark-girl needs to be explicitly said to be cute?

>Bull is Solar
Wrong.

A cute shark-girl. A cute! Cute!

Is she ok

She's a Lunar, they can survive anything except bad writing.

all the celestials have their own great curse.

Her dashing solar partner probably saved her

Anyways who's hype for the Lunar preview were're getting soon?
Can't wait to see all the cool new ways they're gonna be useful to their solar masters

i thought i read in that ask the devs thread that the power gap between lunars and solars was going to be much smaller in 3e compared to previous editions.

Isn't the new thingy already out? Anyone bought it yet?

>lunar preview
NANI!?

Their weekly antagonist thingy is going to feature a lunar this time, so we'll get a look at a QC sheet for a Lunar.

we're getting the lunar chick in the comic a 1 buck char

i'm only counting six blades.

probably some play on having a sharp tongue or wit

There's probably some gimmick involved with the 7th.
My bet is that it's the blade of her solar master when he comes to save his unruly pet from danger

pastebin.com/8iCy4Y2J

The seventh blade is her penis.

thank you based annon

Glad to see them remembering they can do non QC stats

Her Charms seem mostly kind of meh, not bad mechanically, but not really distinctly Lunar in feel. Her Miscalleanous Charms are pretty cool, though, and Hybrid Body Transformation makes Lunars seem less like Zoo Exalted with animal powrs and nothing else than some anons around here have feared.

i was so worried when i clicked this, but at least everything turned out for the best.

Ah, "Only reset to base Initiative if at least one attack hits, and only after all attacks are completed. Only lose Initiative for missed attacks if all attacks miss." the sentences Hammer on Iron desperately needed.

Also, is it just me, or is Coiled Serpent Strike the meh-ist of mehs. Pay 2m for the pleasure of having an attack they can't clash (which you have a bonus to anyway) or counterattack. Seems pretty niche.

I'm guessing that's cause all the fluff is stripped from those charms for now. Say what you want about natural language but some amount of fluff is needed

>Also, is it just me, or is Coiled Serpent Strike the meh-ist of mehs. Pay 2m for the pleasure of having an attack they can't clash (which you have a bonus to anyway) or counterattack. Seems pretty niche.
2m for an extra attack is pretty great from an action economy point of view, even if you don't get to trigger it too much.

>i was so worried when i clicked this, but at least everything turned out for the best.
Were you expectinghoping for smut, user?

>Fellow student’s reborn
Solar mate
So they aren't cutting solar mates entirely then? Wonder how its going to work, mechanically speaking.

Stubborn boar defense mentions lunar mates, why would you assume they were going away

Extra attack? It doesn't say it doesn't count as, or use up, your combat action (see a bunch of the solar counterattack charms).

i can find smut anywhere on the internet, i can't find stated lunars with charms and intimacies anywhere.

>Eska pays four motes to assume any human or animal form she knows as a miscellaneous action.
This strikes me as a wee bit expensive.

Jesus Christ, Lunars have huge mote pools.

So why didn't the 2.5 errata just double or triple the default number of health levels characters have, as well as the number of health levels granted by Ox Body? In what way would that have failed to fix the lethality problem?

>4 motes and instead of fighting a human you're fighting an angry as fuck yeddim that still has charms.
Seems fine.

What is your character's backstory Veeky Forums?

Meh, I know it's for balancing but the fact that there is no mechanical difference between that Lunar having six arms or 4 arms bothers me.
Since her transformation just uses the Extra Limbs mutation which doesn't specify limb count. Devs even number extra limbs doesn't change anything.

Use to be a courier riding between posting stations along a stretch of the diamond road 'owned' by her homeland, occasionally seeing off the odd bandit with her bow and training to take part in her cultures big athletics tournament. Ended up in a big battle and was tasked with delivering the news to the capital 300 miles away. She ran it in 3 days without stopping, earning herself an exaltation.

Doesn't really ride or use a bow much anymore. Not much call for it when you can run faster than a speeding arrow and hit with all the force of an angry yeddim.

The biggest to start off with, but Solars have the same amount at E3 and Sidereals at E5.

>being this bad at this game
kek

Hegra, Metagaos, Kimbery, Cecelyne, Oramus, Szoreny, Sacheverell
Elloge, Mardukh, Malfeas, Qaf, The Ebon Dragon, Isidoros, She Who Lives In Her Name

Or maybe it's Adorjan instead of Qaf and Qaf instead of Mardukh? Still, nice pictures.

looks more like a lionfish

something something ostracized mortal dynast something something exalts as moonshadow something something discovers a half feral wood aspect child is actually a kid from one of his trysts from years ago something something

i dont even remember anymore and im drunk

Not me but my GM in another game. He played a Devil Tiger, and stole a bunch of souls from the Well of Souls and put them all in his Inner World so that the lifeforms there could be sentient and give prayers.

>The seventh blade is her penis.

That's pretty fuckin' cool. Tell me more about this Devil Tiger please, sempai.

well you see, it all started when he gave himself robocancer...

How do we fix Thaumaturgy?

It seems fine to me. Being different from last edition doesnt make it bad.

its already fine.

Hang the S.V crowd that can't, in their own heart, understand why 3e Thaumaturgy sucks.

To a tall tree. All three of them. Just after the Craft apologists.

Then I dunno, make something good I guess, you can't really fuck it up worse.

It was an old campaign, so my GM doesn't remember all of the nitty gritty about this character, but his general theme/unique exellency was built around being the ultimate trickster character; "the divine jester" as my GM called it. Kinda like a nicer version of loki. Lots of Adorjan and Ebon Dragon charms.

What's the best way to breed a bunch of Dragonblood? I want to build a brothel in Malfeas and fill it with Dragonblood.

>you can't really fuck it up worse

Is that a challenge?