Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

old thread

I want to breed a gnome female.

Only if they're shortstacks.

This is your warrior Trainer for legion.

Meanwhile blizz feigns ignorance when people ask for High Elves.

>Four flavors of Elf to choose from
>Still complain you can't have extra vanilla-flavored Elves

Real talk though why do people have such a boner over High Elves. They really are just basic High Fantasy Elves you can find in any D&D player handbook

Friendly reminder that
>Elune is Azeroth
>Night Elves are the favoured children of Elune
>therefore all land is Night Elf land

That's why alliance players want them. Other than Draenai, there's more or less no original concepts in the entire faction

When the empire's borders are just right.

Night elves have slowly deteriorated into basically being a race of special needs elves over the course of WoW.
It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad

Because, one, I grew up playing the original Warcraft games so I like the older version of Warcraft. Two, I like the lore behind a bunch of stotic, loyal, wanderers who stuck with their principals rather than give into slavish addiction. Three, Night elves have been neutered like crazy over the last few expansions and aren’t appealing anymore. Four, Void Elves look and read like edgy fanfiction. And finally, I want to stay on the alliance.

Too bad, she is a Naaru. Or loa

>Not wanting to play WakeMeUp.elf

I'll have you know vanilla is a delicious flavor.

Elune is absolutely Azeroth's shitty midget twin that tries and fails to tend to her ailing sister.

OUTTA MY WAY HORDE FUCKING SHIT

There's something about that vehicle that bugs me but I can't put my finger on it
It might be THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY WEAPON SYSTEM OF ANY KIND but again, not sure

A turret probably attaches on top.

That gold is too orange for my liking.

They are used for ramming into buildings
But there's likely a weapon missing from the top that a player mounts on

If a turret attached to the top then it would be there already. Not to mention there's those weid... things on the side that look like they'd be supporting something, yet are only visible attached to the vehicle at one point. I mean, maybe they're attached to the shields, still, they seem pretty pointless

I guess so. But why fucking bother making a super powerful ramming machine when you already have really good mortars?

It's an updated siege engine model from WotLK

The turret is a separate model that sits on top.

It looks ridiculous tbqh

Reckon the Alliance needs a hit on whatever allied race comes after kul'tirans.

HOLY SHIT SAURFANG HAS A NEW MODEL

Why show it off without the turret then? It just looks dumb as is. It's also slightly concerning that the FRONT of the tank is made of wood whereas everything else is metal.. Not to mention those weird ass joint things on the side that look like they connect to the front wheels but would be in absolutely terrible spot to do so.
And while I'm bitching, it's too damn gold.

TOOT

Because it's datamined, not an advertisement.

Nice meme

Because the turret model has not been datamined.

Sort of like how we got the Zandalari new bear and Moonkin form but no Cat form.

>Saurfang joining the Alliance
>not just securing Anduin's support for Darkspear Rebellion II: Electric Voodoo

Again, Why show off half a model? I mean, I get they're technically separate models, but I don't think that they're ever inteded to be not treated as one thing

Kaja'mite.

Because the Data has not been fucking mined. How hard is that to understand spergo?

The cat, bear and moonkin aren't meant to be constantly joined to one another. At least I sincerely hope not. That would be... interesting

Kings honor friend!

I get that. I'm asking why they made the decision to not hold this one back until they DID mine the rest of it you mong. Just seems silly to me

It's more to show Data is not joined at the hip with it;s corresponding partners.

>Do we post a fun new model or literally just sit on news for the sake of some autistic retard on Veeky Forums.

Hmmmmm

Datamined Mag'har jokes/flirts all but confirms they're horde

>Makes weapons and armor tougher
>powers some kind of machine Sylvanas ordered made
>glows and shit
So what does Azerite DO, exactly?

You wouldn't recognise bait if it smacked you in the face.

Yes

It's a tough metal that also emitates strong arcane energies
Can be used for armor or to power mechanical constructs

Well this just raises further questions! Not enough to buy the game, but enough to ponder what this could mean.

it's like the next thorium
nothing special, just another raid tier meme

>what does Azerite DO, exactly?
>filename related

It's MacGuffinite. It does whatever the plot demands of it and only that. Expect every patch to "Discover" a new use of the shit

It's a shoop used to bait retards and lorelets

[Revving Intensifies]

I think there was a screenshot in the previous thread that had King's Honor Friend as a guild.

Whelp, looks like I need to go over to /v/ with all the other retards.

Though it's not like WoW can throw out any real twists or surprises that practically everyone will see coming.

Yeah there's a lot of low-IQ individuals on the story forums who think Saurfang actually would and will jump ship to the Alliance. Which frankly would be complete character assassination.

The people who think (Thought) the Mag'har would be alliance are even dumber. Doing that would more or less completely destroy any sense of identity either faction had

They're probably on the "both factions get every skeleton" train.

It was joke made to bait retards

I like the idea that Saurfang goes AWOL for a while which encourages Drek'Thar to bring back some old blood since he's not a fan of Sylvanas either.

>Saurfang and Drek'thar team up to whip the Horde back into shape

Yes. This is what Orgrim would want

>Drek'thar doing anything
yikes

What do you guys love about the world of the WoW as compared to other fantasy worlds?

Honestly surprised how absent he's been. I know his AU self did some stuff in WoD but other than that he's nowhere to be found.

Probably a good thing in the long run. He'd probably just get killed by an Alliance soldier.

I don't know. It might be my childhood attachment.

it's the only fantasy universe with Thisalee Crow

Speaking of which, this also makes me think of the Frostwolf Orcs specifically in contrast with all of the shit Sylvanas is routinely up to.

>Following the Shattering, the Stormpike dwarves joined forces with the Bloodfang worgen and the Alliance and prepared to invade the Hillsbrad Foothills, which had become predominantly Horde territory. After a set of Alliance battle plans were recovered, High Warlord Cromush quickly sent a Horde adventurer north to Alterac to enlist the aid of the Frostwolf clan.[28] Word was sent ahead to Drek'Thar at Frostwolf Keep, and the shaman soon came to speak with the adventurer. Drek'Thar told the champion that during his life he had seen and done terrible things, but that he felt remorse for his crimes, unlike the Forsaken, who destroyed everything they touched and had killed countless innocents. According to Drek'Thar, none of the acts he had committed could ever be as terrible as lending aid to the Forsaken, and he vowed that the Frostwolf clan would never help the undead.

I'm kind of wondering if they'll ever expand on this

Same. Too bad you'd only be able to get maybe a 5th of the way in.

Childhood nostalgia and investment inertia at this point. For the most part have been unhappy with the settings general progress since tBC

>Saurfang and Drek'thar team up to whip the Horde back into shape
>Yes. This is what Orgrim would want

I miss him.

Best playable undead.

He's an old cripple.

For fucks sake, their bear form looks incredible. Meanwhile, the Darkspear one looks stupid in comparison.

I see a LOT of zandalari rerolls once BfA launches

>Honestly surprised how absent he's been.
He's literally in a wheelchair at this point. I think he can still serve as a diplomat with the Mag'har, but the dude is liable to die if he tries to cast a lightning bolt again.

That whole thing confused me. It's like one writer was all on board with what the Forsaken are doing, and they're spiraling out of control. Not even the Argent Crusade in Hearthglen seem to care about their atrocities. And then we get a quest like this that has an orc chieftain calling Sylvanas and her minions out on their crap. Makes me think there's SOME hope for the writing.

It used to be a fairly interesting setting that did a good job at mixing weird technology with fantasy in a way that felt unique and fantastic, and the general premise that it carried with it into Vanilla of a Cold War scenario as the backdrop for an RPG where two depleted factions are simply unable to truly muster up another war against the other while the rest of the world was filled with independent dangers was fun and interesting.

Now, it has pretty much none of that. And thus, I don't give a shit. I was only playing Legion to raid with some friends I used to RP with before those servers all dried up. We're finishing Heroic Argus, and then I'll just let my sub expire and delete the game.

Cataclysm’s writing is all over the place, simply because they had to produce so much content in such a short period. Garrosh has the same problem where he’s a respectable and honor driven warlord and in others he’s a blood thirsty brute.

We need to bring him back.

I wonder what percentage of the horde theyll be

>Not even the Argent Crusade in Hearthglen seem to care about their atrocities
They never interacted with their atrocities. Cataclysm turned each zone into a self-contained bubble. Tirisfal might have shared a border with the Western Plaguelands, but as far as Kosak was concerned they might as well have been on different continents.

between elves and Zandalari, the Horde will be 70% trolls by the end of BFA

Probably up there with orcs but still below Nightborne and far below Blood Elves

I'm kind of inclined to think that the rest of the Horde doesnt fully appreciate what the Forsaken does because they're so far away, being either across the ocean or isolated to their city like the Blood Elves. Meanwhile the Frostwolves are actually pretty close to where Southshore used to be and have a better impression of what the Forsaken are doing to the locals.

The Forsaken have been lawful evil scientists from day one really, but it sort of falls apart when they're supposed to be leaders of the Horde in general.

I actually havent seen that many Nightborne so far.

>tfw Loreology and Christie Golden have suggested that the new book will contain lots of new delicious Forsaken / Lordaeron lore.
>Will detail how many survivors are left, and if the Alliance has any true claim to the former kingdom.

Who hype?

I try not to get excited over new lore. It's not worth the disappointment.

>Night elves have been neutered like crazy over the last few expansions and aren’t appealing anymore
I'm confused as to why you think this wouldn't immediately happen to high elves if they were made playable.

On a technicality, the current Alliance has no claim to the kingdom of Lordaeron. On principle, the forsaken should be removed and the remaining citizens of Lordaeron should be given back their home. Same with the refugees in the Arathi Highlands who've been refugees for the better part of 2 decades cause Activision-Blizzard basically forgot them.

It's already started to happen
Expect there to be nothing left in that well now that there are void elves

>Sort of like how we got the Zandalari new bear and Moonkin form but no Cat form.
Wait...what?

Holy shit. That balance form. I wasn't convinced before, but I am now: I'm race changing my druid. Shit looks so much better than standard moonkin.

It has Night Elf ladies and they do things to me.

That's the thing, though. One faction of the Forsaken has been lawful evil scientists, but now the entire faction is just a one-note RAS blob.

Pretty much. Maybe Alonsus Faol will help them understand why their shit is all retarded though. He's proof that being Undead doesnt in and of itself destroy your moral compass.

>Alonsus Faol
I know it's unrealistic, but I desperately want Sylvanas to get canned and have him take over as leader of the Forsaken. Or have that council take over.

Bexause High Elves already played second fiddle in the alliance, it’s not a big deal. Plus post War 3 Helves’ shtick is quite perseverance, so them taking a back seat isn’t an issue.
The Nelfs on the other hand were meant to Amazonian savages with 10000 year old leaders from an ancient culture that puts the achievements of (almost) all other races to shame. Having them sit around and wait for “insert king of stormwind here” tell them what to do just doesn’t work.

But Lordaeron and Stormgarde are still part of the alliance. They’re aren’t many Lordaeronians (Lordaeronish? Lordaeronites?) left, but I’m sure they’re still a few.

Do you play undead?

I don't. Haven't in a long time. Been maining an orc Warlock, so maybe I'm motivated to get anything but a dead elf titty monster as Warchief.

It is extremely American: loud, obnoxious, with an obsession with things being big. And at least for a fantasy setting that is a bit charming.

I would legitimately be unsurprised if they dropped a line in somewhere about how all the remaining high elves went void to show solidarity with Alleria

>muh humans must always win
Nope. Cowards and racists get nothing. Go burn yourself in Sentinel Hill.

Honestly, I'd be fine with removing the Forsaken and giving Tirisfal to the Amani.

Give thanks to the Loa of Shapes!

Quel fucking surprise.

It's not really racism when they're just undead humans with a penchant for biological warfare.

Didn't the High Elves try to settle there but all go insane?