EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL /edhg/

The Boys Are Back In Town Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Where do you think Masters 25 will ultimately rate alongside the rest of the Masters sets?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/dirty-rats-2/
magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/masters-25/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/400-blood-pod-copy/
mtggoldfish.com/deck/788052#paper
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Thread Question
pretty decent, if only because most in recent memory were disappointing

I want to make a deck with many different avenues to victory, not just typical attacks and burn, but helix/aria type effects and anything else fun. Mostly to stay viable in case one gets slapped down, but also provide some fun guess work to keep opponents engaged. Are there typical colors for such an interactive build?

Just build an Atraxa deck. Many alt win cons utilize counters.

probably won't draft or buy a box but it seems better than (((iconic))) masters

>Where do you think Masters 25 will ultimately rate alongside the rest of the Masters sets?

Above EMA and iconic, but below the first modern Masters. Probably on par with MM3, which was pretty damn good.

It has opportunity to get much better though. Right now I am nostalgia tripping on all the cards.

I thought about that, but wasn't very interested in her proliferate as its projected and somewhat restrictive. Was going for a more dynamic general. Thanks for the recommendation though.

As someone who's not new but never played the set is very underwhelming.
Not a single good rare, except for Rishadan Port that's not Modern legal and too few decent mythics. It's not gonna sell, as of now.

>not new but never played
???

It has Azusa, blood moon, port, and magus.

I've been buying cads from 01 to 07 and came back last august after finding Rudy in my suggestions.
Never played the game except for a couple of times.
Thanks for proving my point.

>Where do you think Masters 25 will ultimately rate alongside the rest of the Masters sets?
It fits right next to IMA.
For EDH possibly lower, we haven't seen the full set.

You are in the wrong thread then. This is for an actually format of the game. There is literally an MtG Finance thread. Go there.

Is there any way to give my whole field haste in monogreen, other than Akroma's Memorial and pic related? This is a bit expensive but I'll buy it if it's the best option. There aren't any Odric-like effects that give all your dudes haste if one of them has haste in monogreen/colorless, are there?

Reposting from last thread, if anybody wants to throw their opinion in

So I want to play a deck that's focused more on infinite combat, as oppossed to straight up Xenagod beatdown, and I've narrowed it down to these two. Who is better in the others 99? I know there's overlap since they will both be running all the additional combat spells, grenzo, and rely on artifact ramp, but I'm just torn.

Neheb easily goes infinite with Aggravated Assault, so I'd say keeping one of your combo pieces in the Command Zone is a smart choice.

Those are pretty much your only options. Mono-G doesn't have a lot of mass haste (for good reason). Crossroads is well worth it imo.

Not that I know of. After Crossroads, global haste got relegated to red pretty quickly.

Honestly, so far the entire set looks really bad.
Like fuck, even Iconic Masters gave us the Praetors, Avacyn, Kokusho, Sphinx, and others.
A25 has like nothing for EDH other than Azusa and Imperial Recruiter, who has no business being mythic.

so how am I doing?
tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/dirty-rats-2/

>thread q
better than Iconic for sure. Hard to beat MM17 though. Haven't drafted original masters so can't comment.
I'd get crossroads personally.

I'm in every mtg thread at all times, thanks.

Well get out of this one.

I think I will stay and give my opinion, thanks.

Ah, well. Making Primal Surge playable alone makes it worth the $15.

ca-caw motherfucker]

Thousand Year Elixir makes tap effects have haste for your creatures

The opinions of someone who doesn't even play don't mean much. I'm sure you're just that one guy who admitted he goes into every Magic thread to shitpost anyway.

ignore me, I cant read.

Want to build Sedris. What are the best ways of getting around the unearth trigger? Already have Conjurer's Closet and Sundial of the Infinite. Any other spicy tech you'd recommend?

No, only in the EDH general. I do it to raise the quality of the discussion.

Crystal Shard
Erratic Portal
Tel-Jilad Stylus

Please read Unearth

Day of the Dragons works.

Deadeye Navigator

Is a M25 box worth it at 160 maple bux

How can we know if we don't know what cards are in the set?
I'd say buy it if you're not poor. Or you could get MM17 that has fetches and Lili, Snappy, Goyf etc.

>Or you could get MM17 that has fetches and Lili, Snappy, Goyf etc.
Got it when it came out and thats a lot more maple box
Sort of related, you think the pricier rares will be fetches

I think that'll be the only thing that can save this godawful set. Those and some chase mythic.
But knowing Wizards there won't be any fetches so the rares will most certainly be shit.

I say wait to know exactly what cards are in and make your choice.

>only like likes the most unexciting card that's been revealed
Your opinion can be safely disregarded.

what are the pricey rares right now?
Port, azusa and blood moon?
Going off sets they haven't grabbed anything from yet I could see an ancient tomb, akroma's memorial and dryad arbor
Maybe not fetch but random pricier lands?

Seems great.

Lol. It seems fun but hard to pull off. That might work better in a morph deck now that I think about it.

Wouldn't Aurelia be beet for infinite combat?

>>only like likes the most unexciting card that's been revealed
And that would be? I said it's underwhelming, can't you read? Port is just the best rare monetarily speaking as of now, feel free to debate that.
magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/masters-25/
I expect all the other rares spoiled until now to fall in price.

That's true, but how would i protect AA?
Maybe, but she's not mono red

Does anyone have experience playing a cheap spells UR storm style deck? I really dig Jori En and want to use her as an engine but I find it hard to come up with a list that is even remotely competitive. Still, I'm having loads of fun playing her, I just was hoping people who are better than I am would know how to make more intimidating.

This idiot in my group is new to EDH but is a magic try hard and he doesn't seem to understand that there is a pretty massive grey area between super-tuned turn 4-5 win decks and absolute worthless jank. How are people this retarded? People complained about his deck being too good so he built a pile of complete worthlessness and then complained that he couldn't tell a difference between my deck and his old one simply because I had Tishana & Deadeye Navigator out and drew a bunch of cards into a win con. On turn 15 or so.

Post kill spells

Im pretty sure cards that phase out the creatures gets around it.

Wayward Swordtooth or Burgeoning? I don't feel like shelling out for an exploration.

Depends on the deck. Do you draw lots of cards? In my Tymna deck I run Burgeoning because of the timing of Tymna's draw, Burgeoning actually gets very useful. But Burgeoning BLOWS if you don't have lots of card draw. Swordtooth is way better.

>People complained about his deck being too good
Seems like you're the one at fault.

47 of 99 involve drawing, so I guess burgeoning is better for me.

I didn't complain, other folks did.

This card really surprised me because it seems to be a decent spell. I guess the effect really isn't worth 1 more mana than Diabolic Edict though.

What was the deck that was too good and how did it win?

It depends on your deck. Also helps if you can slip in some other Ascend enablers.

Honestly, its front half is overcosted and the last effect reads a lot better than it actually is. Making an opponent sacrifice half their creatures is just... not good really. It's okay for 3 mana but I think people think it's some massive board wipe.

>Ascend enablers
Yeah, I might add a copy to my Ghoulcaller Gisa deck. It's a totally generic monoblack EDH deck with typical black spells and high CMC spells but Gisa makes tokens that would trigger Ascend reasonably often.

Yeah it has a lot of internal conflict. An edict is best against someone that has exactly 1 creature but that additional effect only helps against someone with more than 2 creatures.

Don't be a pussy

That's not what I meant, but that is the sort of deck that it could work better in. I meant other cards WITH Ascend, particularly permanents, so you can potentially get the Blessing off of an early strong position and keep it through a board wipe.

lightning greaves gives all of your things haste, just not at the same time.

Which are some budget scummy/annoying decks?
I am unironically broke and want to play, but my friends are faggots with expensive cards. At least I want to give them a difficult time while I learn the basics and build a good deck.

play Zada and take 10 minute turns while you storm off
if your friends try to concede, tell them you might whiff and do nothing but you won't whiff

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/400-blood-pod-copy/

I love Barter in Blood.

It's better than Damnation in Savra.

I am looking to build an azorius stax deck that can also win. Was hoping some of you guys might have decklists I can look at and get ideas from. Picture unrelated, but fun.

It's not as bad as all that (I'd slot it in over Diabolic. Versus Chainer's is questionable but possible, it is an instant), the problem is it's just a little awkward to use. Against Tokens you'd usually rather have Infest than even Ascended Hunger, while against the Voltron player the big version won't do any more than the little one. It does hit all opponents, true, but it also shares a cost slot with Toxic Deluge (possibly the best wrath effect in the format). True, you're not limited to one black kill spell at 2B, but it does kind of pale in comparison. And a lot of the time, the decks that would run Vona's don't care about punching themselves in the face which puts it in harsh competition with Innocent Blood, Barter in Blood, Smallpox, Pox, and even Death Cloud.

... I'm not selling this very well, but the point is it's not a *bad* card, it's just in an extremely competitive slot

I think Hanna would be good for this, check out some lists

I know mono blue stax with teferi(planeswalker) is quite good and derevi is good for stax so look at them for ideas on what to run in terms of stax stuff (though you probably don't want back to basics). For commanders depending on what you are going for you probably want Brago or GAAIV

building decks is hard

What are ya tryna build user?
Is the goal of your deck to win? Or to make people smile? Or both?

Building decks is easy. Cutting them down to 99 cards is fucking difficult.

Well, if it has more than 99, you didn't really finish building a deck, did you?

>not playing supermander

Anyone got some recommendations for a dragon engine deck? All I've got is door to nothingness and some ramp

Forgot to post a picture

strionic resonator (double counters on trigger)
illusionist bracers (double mana on active)
hybrid mana boiz
that naya land ramp thing that gives a land shroud
meme 5 color cards.

trying to do a more creature heavy living death/reanimator tasigur, but it looks like an unorganized pile and I keep thinking that I should switch it to sidisi or memeplasm instead

You've failed

suggestions?

mtggoldfish.com/deck/788052#paper

Conflux

God XMage is so fucking buggy. Seems like the server's down most of the time too.

Gold matters with verdurous gearhulk, snek, and blinking like eldrazi displacer, supplemented with artifacts and counter generation. Finish off with a variety of ways to chain into extra turns.

>That beautiful new bloodmoon
>Ensaring bridge looks great too
>tons of chaf that will help inspire me brew up new deck ideas
Why are masters sets so comfy /edhg/?

Deceiver of form with Vengevine or Craterhoof on top of your deck

This, drafting with A25 looks alright and even the junk rares looks like they'd fit into decks somewhere

>nykthos in a budget 4color deck
what

this reminds me of all the amano art for FF. for the color. because amano uses watercolor, and this is obviously a lithograph.

Sedris fag here. Looking though lists I've found that there is a very interesting way of building Sedris; getting extra value from discarding your creatures through cards like Drake Haven, Faith of the Devoted, Archfiend of Ifnir and such. Has anyone tried this? This looks fun af.

Infinite combat steps with an unblockable Grenzo, Havoc Raiser is stupidly fun. I enjoy few of my decks more than him.

I've been brewing shirei lately and pic related seems like it could be value town with mass -1/-1 effects. anti anthems?

so the 2BB one and 3BB one? Maybe with Engineered Plague too.

maybe even the curse if someone's pissed me off.

the card's even good against mana dorks and tokens too

the curse is the 3BB one, unless you're referring to another card

You're missing all the important cards like the rocks that give you every color of mana or that enchantment that makes everything cost white mana or all of the artifact shenanigans. It barely looks like a Sen Triplets deck. You might as well drop the black cards and make it a Taigam deck. Add the creatures that gives you tokens when you play an instant or a sorcery spell and some cards to make him unblockable and you're done.

>sorting my cards
>realize I have a bunch of fun decent cards flying around that aren't really valuable for trade or sale
>decide to make a deck with them
>"whatever it'll be my fun budget casual deck"
>a deck is almost put together, just missing a few cards that I can buy later
>start looking at lists to look up other cards that could fill up the space
>get really excited about things I could do
>start buying better cards for the deck
>will eventually stop being a casual budget deck to become a well built x commander deck
>has happened to me with half of my decks

help me but not really

I'm not a fan of the new Bridge.

this is why I like the format too

my most powerful/hated deck cost me basically nothing to build from leftover cards that are terrible in other formats

one that i've put a lot of money into isn't doing as well in the meta

my original deck keeps GROWING STRONGER and evolving all the time