Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Only the Faithful Edition

Previous Thread: Please stop shitting up the thread with politics and race-baiting.

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Please stop shitting up the thread with politics and race-baiting.
>it's pkay whem I am doing it

So Morathi is definetely thot of the year; but could she out dance Alarielle?

>but could she out dance Alarielle?
Of course. Just look at how she's working that pole!

So Drake is currently beating Skull. What do we think the likely outcome of Drake will be? And I am not talking about rules-wise.

Nth for no more generals for a few months because they all just go to shit in the same way.

Sad but true

>peter kushing
>average wargamer
literally spat out my drink

The starting sketch for this thing had a lot more skin on show. And she really looked better overall. Only thing I didn't like on it was that she still had legs down to the knee and it merged into the snake body.

Yes he was.

Remind me, what was the point in making her both forms ugly?

So how does everyone think the new sneks are going fit into the meta? Will they be top tier?

It seems they'll be really solid against elite armies but not as much against hordes or shooty ones.
Either way I think they will be very good.

snek their armor, witch elf blender their hordes

Lawyer here - most war gamers I interact with are high school grads or maybe technical college.

Why the fuck do you think we constantly see threads whining about the cost of models?

I wish more war gamers were like Peter Cushing but the truth is that super successful people graduate to more expensive hobbies. I personally have almost no time to devote to actually playing the game - I just like reading threads, watching bat reps and building/painting.

The one exception to what I said might be the historicals crowd (which Cushing was) but I have never met any of them.

Now, if you were to make the argument that Cushing was an average war gamer in the sense that he was a quiet man who kept to himself and his home life, then perhaps yes - but remember, he was a world famous actor so almost nothing else about his life is comparable to an average person.

I think it's good that Age of Sigmar is using Chinese trash artists. It really shows that they're willing to diversify their art department, even at the cost of overall quality.

fuck off, it looks better than fantasy ever did

Any tips for LSAT

>People say Stormcasts are Space Marines

>I actually prefer Stormcasts over Space Marines

Ride the Lightning motherfucker!

At least 1 logic game a day. There's only so many ways they can ask the same question. After awhile you'll know exactly what to do without thinking about it.

Reading comprehension - I'd say read the Qs before the passage so you can be aware of what you're looking for.

pics?

Are you having a laff or are you just retarded

Thanks man

Not him but I think the art looks pretty good, there's no real flaws to me in composition or talent. I don't really see why people think it's shit.

Also - not to get too far off topic but you should really consider why you want to be a lawyer. It's ultra competitive and harder than ever to land a top corporate job and people I personally know who managed to do it really hate it and want to leave as soon as they pay off their debts.

I was fortunate enough to pay my way through school so I came out debt free on the other side.

You need to really be honest with yourself and understand why you're drawn to law because these days, it's not a guarantee to an easy life.

The vast majority of lawyers help people with rather mundane issues. It isn't prestige and tailored suits.

You'll eventually grow to view your wardrobe as nothing more than an expensive uniform.

Whatever money you earn - your lifestyle will inflate to use it so you'll be a working stiff just like anyone else - but worse, because law is one of those jobs you don't just clock out of at the end of the day.

Of course, I really enjoy what I do but I know so many people who hate it but they aren't qualified to do anything else.

A lot of AoS's art, while it isn't bad per say, it's rather soulless and lacking in character. It's something you see a lot of with digital art, whether it's in MtG, Warhammer, or whatever.

>t.soyboy

>Everything I don't like is bad.

>prefering SCE over Space Marines
>not a soyboy

You're right, there aren't any flaws in it.

I can understand that sentiment.

Man I am a military officer now. I know all about 'no clocking out'. It's sad to say, but from my time in the military so far, I would rather be a better paid lawyer who is at least honest about what he does than a less paid officer working for an organization that hides it's hypocrisy behind it's professed values...
But let's talk about toy soldiers. Thank you again for the advice

Is that me or they have negroid lips?

Okay that one you can just tell that they copied and pasted some of the background dudes. Never said they were all flawless.

>muh gritty turd farmers and Tolkien-esque ripoff world

>muh special unique golden paladins in WoW-esque Spelljammer rip-off

Ok /aosg/, what music best fits your army?

Wjat is the point of these posts. Please stop

You're just plain wrong.

AoS art, in the vast majority of cases is just digitally painted pictures of models.

Its so fucking focussed on the models that its devoid of character and atmosphere.

If it were any more sterile hospitals would buy it as a disinfectant.

>Art for a game about models focuses on models.
But yeah I already agreed with the other guy that they do seem a little soulless.

The art style and composition of Age of Sigmar in no way resembles the art from loading screens of a popular MMO

>>Art for a game about models focuses on models
And it's not good.
For example check any artbook for video games limited edition.

Soon

I know, right?

I guess I'm just one of those people that can find merit in any piece of art that's not utter dogshit. And if you think these are utter dogshit, you have not seen dogshit.

Well it was fun while it lasted. See you next week when the new models launch inn hopes of some amount of discussion of merit.

Listen - WFB is dead and it ain't coming back.

You can like AoS or hate it, that's your choice. You can talk all the shit you want but a lot of people like it and it's opened the game to way more people.

Not everyone liked rank and flank WFB.

I like having an army of not-space marines, I think their lore is cool.

You whine about storm casts but think nothing of Nagash being the literal god of death or Alarielle being a playable character.

This is a mythic setting with mythic heroes.

It's fantasy but it goes to eleven.

>And if you think these are utter dogshit, you have not seen dogshit.
You do not have to taste shit (or sorts of shit) to knew something is shit

Jesus Christ, he is unable to get any good at English.

Like I said, it's at least on model and there's at least some knowledge of anatomy and effort put in to at least make them look presentable. What I'm saying is that they're not great but they could be much much worse.

being totally honest, this is deviantart-tumblr sort of shit, probably it is being done by actual professionals getting paid shit and given next-day deadlines, it is lackluster and it is the bare minimum you can push into the market

And yet somehow neither of these images, for all their drawings of tabletop models, are able to evoke the same kind of atmosphere as a single weird squatting monster

That I can agree with.

>a lot of people like it
Yeah, because openning the door to SJW crowd always ended so good...
>This is a mythic setting with mythic heroes.
Since when WoW became mythic setting

You know art criticism is subjective right?

Current results

Actually, the image of Nurgle grinning in the horizon and the PCs being represented as Tzeentchian abominations are pretty atmosphere invoking. More than your squating beastman that was drawn by mister-sameface.

>t-t-the art is subjective
Wrong

Whew, this is getting close.
Go Drake

I know the "models recognizable in art" style leaves a bit of a corporate-shilling taste in people's mouths, but from my experience in 40k you do sometimes end up with the opposite problem- 4th and 3rd ed Nids are a prime example, their art was full of things where you'd be like "okay that's vaguely a Tyranid Warrior and those could be Gaunts, they're definately Tyranids but there's nothing that really looks like that." While the art was cool, there was a strong disconnect between it and your actual army of 'Nids. I much prefer this.

>You know art criticism is subjective right?
People like you are what is wrong with modern aesthetics.

Never was a problem, in this case art encouraged people to customize the models, reposing etc

It's been done before, and done better.

You have no idea just how many Stormcast Space Marine conversions there are. Between Stormcast Terminators and True-Scale Space Marine conversions, it's kind of astounding.

That's not Nurgle. That's a badly drawn Great Unclean One or maybe Chaos spawn. It doesn't look joyful and majestic.

>That's not Nurgle
That's Also not a Nurgle, just new Unclean One

>i-i-it's not nurgle, it's a great unclean one! And it doesn't look exactly like the new model, so it's badly drawn!

Must be strong to move those goalposts like that

And that Lord of Change isn't even completely drawn. It looks like a doddle.

It doesn't look like how Great Unclean Ones are portrayed and described at all. Therefore, it's bad art. No goalposts are moved. It doesn't come close to the majesty portrayed in my example.

Ill wait for my final judgement based on reading the battletome. But based on the leaks so far they look pretty weak. lots of 1D attacks with no rend and some unreliable shooting. No army specific shenanigans (destiny dice or similar). But like I said, I'll wait till I know more to say for sure.

>Lawyer
get a real job
t. engineer

>It doesn't look like how Great Unclean Ones are portrayed and described at all
Top fucling kek.
It's exactly the new Great Unclean One model

>implying engineering is a real job

Engineers are a dime a dozen and most of them are either expats or unemployed.

No it isn't, you fucking navel-gazing hippie. There's a reason that some pieces of art are considered better than others, and others are displayed upside-down because no one can tell what the fuck it is. Age of Sigmar art is the latter.

>He fell for the STEM meme.

Is that supposed to be a good art?

Holy shit, are you so used to shitty digital art that you actually are starting to think that it's good?

>majesty
>that soulless trash

I just don't grade incomplete art pieces as good.

>oh boy, I sure love the same 3d model copied and pasted a thousand times!

thankyoumaster.png

>not getting in on the "all construction requires my licensed engineer signature so pay me money" scam

Why the fuck do we have to always do this shit

Literally every fucking thread

Sorry guy the stuff is passable as quick marketing stuff. BUT the old art really sticks with ya this shit is pretty cringe if you stare long enough.

>ya this shit is pretty cringe if you stare long enough.

Considering that's Nurglite art, isn't that the point?

>WoW dwarves vs Diablo
>good art

>i-it's meant to be bad! That's the point!

That's not old art. That's some FFG art. I don't think that even made it to the official books. That counts as fanart.

Nids should look different, adapting their forces on a dime to any environment is their bread and butter.

AoS is shit

Law is basically “pay me money for my signature”

Even more than that it’s “pay me money to read this”

Body positivity for yaaas queen.