Why do people throw shitfits over "attractive" races?

Why do people throw shitfits over "attractive" races?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHAwhZBnI1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do they? I never noticed it, at least not in anything Veeky Forums related.

>elves
>tieflings/aasimar
>any race that's perceived to be "anime" (up to fucking genasi)
>any beastfolk that's not disgusting pile of shaggy fur and horns jutting out at weird angles

People throw shitfits over everything, especially here. I'd take everything with a grain of salt because for every person who hates certain races for certain reasons there are always people who like them for that exact reason too.

Because as soon as your race's defining feature is "they're hot", you start to get wary of the kind of player who's character description starts out talking about their double-D breasts or the massive bulge in their pantaloons.

there's literally a thread up about it right this second

A large portion of people that play roleplaying games are fat ugly fucks.

A large portion of people that read Veeky Forums are suffering from the 'tism

By your posts combined, I am Captain "fucking this"!

Also it triggers people when you imply there's such a thing as subjectively attractive, even though biology tells us that there more or less is

The problem is that it doesn't only concern races DESCRIBED as "attractive" (which I agree is dumb).

Sometimes people get up in arms about races they perceive as attractive and/or "snowflakey".

You mean races being portrayed as attractive for the most part in art and such, or when most humanoids in-universe find them attractive ala Asari?

Asari make sense though because brain fuckery is involved

>I am Captain "fucking this"
My PCs are devout Christians, no debauchery on my part

Art or given autist's "interpretation" of said art.

WHABAM!
youtube.com/watch?v=oHAwhZBnI1A

Because people like things in fantasy to be attractive. It is, after all, a fantasy. In the words of Fullmetal Alchemist's author: "Men should be buff, women should be vavoom!"
The reason people don't like that is because it can clash pretty severely with a tone if you're going for a darker fantasy when most people are walking around and very beautiful unless otherwise specified (old wizard, deformed soldier, sleazy politician, etc); if your world is decayed and dying, the people in it should reflect that.
At least, that's my 2 cents anyway.

Salty women and betas

attractiveness generates fans and fans generates haters

it's kinda a shadow to every light thing

>people like to play as sexy races over disgusting shit
Jeez really?

New Age faggots throw hissyfits over """privilege""" and complain about basic reality.
This is why they hate the succesful, the human, and the REAL elf - not the gay imposters introduced by DnD.

I dislike portrayals of elves because they usually are described as thinner than humans until an image of some 30% BF human with pointy ears pops up and suddenly that's what elves look like now.

Pushed meme.
Elves are the White people of fantasy.

On the flipside, I love the look of Pugmire. I find it refreshingly hilarious that the PC's are just walking dogs.

We have a Staffordshire so obviously we want to make him into a fantasy fighting do-gooder.

My favourite part is the in-unviverse rules.

"Be a good dog."

Because it always descends into stupidity. It's like in Mass Effect where all Asari were these QT alien girls who wanted to fuck everyone and all the older ones were cougar milfs who had fucked everyone and it was meant to be alluring. But really it was just creepy that every blue person you met was someone who looked exactly like someone you were trying to have sex with. So to distinguish each one they all had to have stupid facepaint or freckle patterns etc.

Same goes for Veeky Forums gaming. Having an 'all races find these attractive' stops adding value the moment the player starts to picture or is described what they look like. Players will project their own tastes onto every one they meet until eventually they are all just the same carbon copy - they then don't have anything else to distinguish them which means you need to take what is already a unique racial feature (everyone is beautiful) and add ever more elaborate layers and traits to their characters - which results in each and everyone of them becoming special-snowflakes immediately.

Humans are superior and elvs are an allegory for Whites. End of story.