Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2083: Steve Miller Band Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDZHFOb0pENkRrakU/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone want to share their The God of High School builds?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDZHFOb0pENkRrakU/view

First for benis :DDDD

Got Golden Eagle

Haven't been there this chain yet. So no build for you.

:DDDDDDD

Best clones, perfect for giving 7billion+ earthers a good wedgie

:DDDDDDDDD

Haven't been there since Val updated the jump. Kind of torn on it, I like the upgraded capstones but I really don't want to be a reincarnated god. I'd rather make my own legend than piggy-back off of someone else's.

Could atleast make a what-if build, right senpai?

>I'd rather make my own legend than piggy-back off of someone else's.
Eh, I can understand that.

>reading up on this apparently-tasty monstrosity
What are the best settings to go to for a Food Jumper?

Toriko, every time

What are good perks to steal MC's girl besides the ones from 80's action, Futurama and Archer?

>best settings to go to for a Food Jumper?

Food Wars
Toriko
Generic Cooking Show
3 Star Gauntlet

I can tell you it'd involve the perk War Trophies. Or whatever the fuck it's called.

Past that, none. Not sure when it's coming in the chain which'll heavily influence the build choice.

I'm claiming a lot of things right now. Like Omamori Himari, Onihime VS and Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?!

Also, here's a rough WIP for Stealth Symphony. Since Myrmidont asked.

>Also, here's a rough WIP for Stealth Symphony

Thanks Ric

I think the jump needs a lot more info on the Legacies, preferably even a specific list instead of these quick and vague paragraphs that cover a bunch of them.

Pic I found that you might want.

I wanted to make a long list, but there aren't many.
I actually put most (if not all) of them in the examples.
Then again, is a 20-chapters long manga.
If you want, I could change it to include some OCs in the range of power it was said those had...but I would prefer not to.

>Thanks Ric

No prob. I wanted to do Vanadis, but I better wait until the LNs are fully translated.

If there's not many, I'd prefer you went to the effort of detailing them all. If we're to make OC powers, I'd prefer knowing a lot more about what is and isn't into it and the rules of these powers.

Pfft, yeah, saving that.The concept of a 90 year old Deku just being an ornery bastard amuses me.

I know you put them in the examples, I pointed out that they were vague and too quick. If it's not that long and there's few, it'd be nice to have some more detail. Does seem a bit lazy to do this method if it's such a short series btw

Surviveable as Jump 1 if you make good friends with Rin and Shirou right away?

How many of the drawbacks would ruin my ability to sit out the plot?

Is there a perk that let's you hitch a ride or otherwise follow people when they teleport?

... Nah.

Yes if you have a servant that isn't shit and you aren't in the Heaven's feel route

Surviving shouldn't be a problem, winning would be. Though it's possible to build a counter for most of the servants, I would suggest if going for that taking the berserker slot, because he's the hardest to build a counter for, but berserkers aren't that advantageous to build so it could be difficult.

Mhh. I get it. I will add more detailed descriptions of the legacies shown to the ranks.
Do have in mind that some just have a 1-line description in the manga and no further info.

Them's Fightin Herds jump when.

A what now?

reminder that god hand EX would null out pretty much anything below an A (A+++?) attack, and it's a one up, and it comes with built in magic resistance.

Gae bolg, zabinya, maybe bellerephon, most of medeas' magic, and a decent portion of EMIYA's armory would just bounce off you.

And bravery is apparently really OP when no overidden by mad enhancement.

Nigga it has 6 characters and no story yet. Wait.

Isn't goldilocks dicking around somewhere? Would he be an issue?

Yes Satan, hercules is broken, but the berserker class is not.

Oh hell yes he's an issue. But, when is he not?

Also, smash kotomine and the orphan battery farm. That'll knock out 70% of gils available mana supply and make him a short term problem.

Ie you only need to survive his onslaught of NP for a few hours as compared to endlessly.

I feel like God Hand is one of those situations where the grade asigned to it isn't reflective of the utility as much as set there to cap what it can do.

Fate Zero

+1000 sp

Origin (Servant)

Magical Circuts (20) : Free
Basic Training : Free
Magical Legacy (Runes) : Free
Like A King : Free
Are You My Master? : -100 (-100)
Know Your Place, Mongrel : -200 (-300)
Master : Free
Used Goods : +300 (000)

Ryunosuke

+1000 cp

Origin (Mad Man)
Command Seals : Free
Magical Circuts (20) : Free
I'm A Demon! : Free
Cooooool : Free
Hyenas In the Grass : -100 (900)
Master of My Art : -100 (800)
Blood Brothers : -200 (600)
Most Popular Man In Town : -300 (300)
Bucker Of Blood : Free
Murderer's Best Friend : -100 (200)
Lovely Lairs : -200 (000)

Servant Osakebahime
Caster -275 (725)
E- Strength +25 (750)
E- Endurance +25 (775)
C Agility
E- Agility +75 (850)
A Mana
B Luck
A Luck -50 (800)
E Territory Creation
D Item Construction -25 (775)
EX Chiyogamis Manipulation Techniques -600 (175)
C Shapeshift
E Divinity -50 (125)
C Presence Concealment -150 (-25)
C Information Erasure -150 (-175)
E Sphere Boundry -50 (-225)
C The Paper Servant
No Natural Mana Replenishment +100 (-125)
DNFLUTS (Shapeshift) +100 (-25)
Migrane +25 (000)

Okay, so. One, I'm basically Konan from naruto. Two, my master is a serial killer. Three, most of our first interactions revolve around what qualifies as art. Four, this guy is somehow my husbando.

Did not see that coming.
White light flows within red liquid, a man laughs, and a boy shivers in terror. A book lies almost forgotten on the ground, a strange design on its pages. And then there is a woman.

"...You. Are you my master?"

He stares silently, a grin slowly spreading across his face.

>"Master...? Are you a demon?!? Did I summon you?!? I found the book but I didn't think it would work!"

I cut him off. He's babling. And obviously not a magus. Both good and bad, that.

"I am a youkai. A Kitsune, to be precise. Subcategory Caster."

>"A youkai? Well, I guess some of those can be kinda demonic, so i'll call this a success! My name is Uryuu Ryunosuke, and my hobbies are killing, specifically young women and children. Hey, if you're a kitsune, do you want his liver?"

"No."

>"Eh? Aren't kitsune supposed to like livers?"

"Yes, but I'd get blood all over me."

>"Well, I guess thats true... Why would a de- sorry, youkai care though?"

"I don't mind getting dirty, if utterly necesary. My clothes are another matter."

>"Aww... Well, can we at least kill the kid?"

I give him a deadpan look, and then walk over to the kid. Jump fiat giving him an upgrade or not, he's not a magi, and I'm going to need the power. My hand reaches out, and then into him for a split second. A network of golden lines rulls away from him, and snaps, shattering into fragments of light.

>"Eh! That was cool! What was it?!"

"I ate his soul."

I turn away from the now corpse and move towards the door, mindful not to walk on the still wet circle. Before I reach it, he grabs me and spins me around.

"Marry me!"

But in HF Route, the plot can be tied up quite neatly and easily. Just bait Archer into seeing Rule Breaker (if he doesn't already have it in stock) and fix Sakura right away.

I'm sure people have thought of this before, but how bad of an idea would it be to turn all of 40k humanity into blanks?

And if transforming all of humanity isn't possible, could I just make own planet/ringworld inhabited solely by blanks and eventually turn them into a major faction assuming I had a way to make chaos resistant technology?

Gonne be honest, probably don't have the best handle on his character, so this probably isn't very realistic.

It's funny though.

...right?

Also apparently I've been misspelling hikimori and it's actually hikikomori. What the fuck internet, you're supposed to lord these things over my head, not let me get away with it!

The plan is basically to cower my way through, offer resolutions from meta knowledge, but focus on surviving over fighting. Most other factions wouldn't know I exist (you're a duplicate class unless you pick a canon Servant), and there's nothing the corrupted grail can offer that I even remotely desire.

Between me, Rin, and Shirou, we'd be 3/9 participants in the war. 3/8 if I decide to be Medea's master. My big fear is Gil, but hopefully just throwing SwordBoi at him will work out.

Possible? Of course.

Likely......well, if you don't actually take part in the War, sure!

If you're actually going for a win though, I'd advise picking up Black Grail, since it essentially lets you steal servants (who aren't Gilgamesh) and have enough raw fuel for all of them.

Really, you'd want to get Medea early and see if you can get her to start summoning more Servants running on your functionally limitless prana. They won't be CP backed, but they'll provide an edge.

If you can't get Medea though, try and steal Herc and/or Cu and just blitz through the others. You might even be able to take out Gilgamesh with a Herc & Cu team, though I still wouldn't give you good odds....better than Shirou's though.

It's good, user. In fact, I would even say it's COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I've thought about that, but somehow carrying all of humanity's evils inside of me sounds like a bad idea.

I think Gil is smart enough that he'd go after an alternate mana supply instead of just berserking after you. For example, he might be able to hijack whatever setup Caster made to drain mana from the city. Alternatively, would he be able to contract with a different Master? Basically, I don't think you can completely rely on getting rid of his energy source as a solution. Better to just sic a healthy EMIYA on him somehow.

He probably has some sort of Kaleidoscope device inside GoB, which would give him infinite mana too.

>I'm sure people have thought of this before, but how bad of an idea would it be to turn all of 40k humanity into blanks?

Don't blanks have all sorts of social issues? No lasting relationships, no long time friends etc. Your society would probably fall apart without something to keep them together.

>spoiler
Please see the attached image file, newlywed youkai.

Question Valeria and/or Jumpchain. Wondering what Mass Production and Concept Improvement are like at EX-Rank.

Considering Mass Production and Concept Improvement at A and A+ Rank basically lets you shit out literal armies of weapons equal to E to D-Rank Noble Phantasms and improve anything short of a Divine Construct

On an aside is there any benefit to having for example Magic Resistance C-Rank if you have another servant build with Magic Resistance A-Rank

It won't influence you, if that's what you're worried about. That's more or less explicitly stated in the perk.

Now, other's reactions to it...well, given you'll have a decent number of Servants at the conclusion of the war, it's highly doubtful anyone will actually make any moves to take you out unless you're going out of your way to garner attention.

So just avoid Europe and you should be good.

>Better to just sic a healthy EMIYA on him somehow.
Sadly, that won't work. As a servant, Gilgamesh would canonically take EMIYA serious enough to mulch him out of the gate. Shirou's success relies almost entirely on Gilgamesh not taking him seriously, as well as several outside factors intervening in Shirou's favor that won't be available for EMIYA.

Probably really bad idea, but the lore on blanks seems to change often and is always uncertain on some details that would be important when it comes to massive numbers of them. However two big issues are, blanks lack emotions and drive, so you would have a population that would be unlikely to have many children, and blanks are considered innately detestable by everyone that isn't a blank, leading others to probably try and wipe your group of blanks out.

Theres no point in stacking skills, so A would make C a waste of cp.

I can see where the (not) goes, but i'm pretty sure thats a compliment. So, thanks!

I'm somewhat afraid it might negatively influence my ability to use holy magic, or even be the equivalent of damnation by having it attached to my soul in some cosmologies. plus it would make me similar to Sakura

>Ogre Hunter (Ogre Kingdoms)
>Royal Ant (SimAnt)
>Whale Shark Mermaid/Giant hybrid (One Piece)
>will eventually go Saiyan

How hungry am I going to be by the end of this Chain?

Almost hungry enough to be considered to have an appetite in Toriko.

Remember: If you're not eating at least fifty million kilocalories per meal, you're not really a gourmet hunter.

>No Hippopotamus hybrid in there

Not. Hungry. Enough.

It is a compliment. I thought I had an image saying something was funny. I did not.

Thus the need for a MS Paint edit. Where are you planning to go for your honeymoon? Surely you have a special Jump to spend the decade in mind?

>I'm somewhat afraid it might negatively influence my ability to use holy magic
If it's cp purchased holy magic, then it doesn't care. Might have an effect on magics you just picked up the old fashioned way, but it'd really depend on the magic in question.

>or even be the equivalent of damnation by having it attached to my soul in some cosmologies.
That would be an issue if you planned on staying in the relevant cosmologies, but if you're going for an end-Jump, or just deciding to . go home at some point, it shouldn't be an issue.

As for the spoiler? Well....that's a question I can't really touch on. I mean, you're already a human, so in my book you're kind of too close already, but that's just the inner Aristoteles talking.

If he had that he wouldn't be draining children

Are you telling me the Great Maw itself would take one look at that world and proclaim itself stuffed?

It depends on how the EMIYA vs. Gilgamesh encounter takes place. If it happens because Gilgamesh is planning to go after him, then yeah Gil murks EMIYA pretty fast. But if Gilgamesh is in the right mood, EMIYA could probably troll him into making it a GoB vs. UBW fight.

Honestly, Gilgamesh might even be vulnerable to long-range assassination. EMIYA might have something in his arsenal that would be a good long-range arrow that Gil would have trouble defending against if surprised.

Huh, this looks neat. Kinda curious where this stands in your chain, since it seems like you'd be at least a few Jumps in if you're that quick to go soul eating.

Though it's not like souls are naturally eternal or anything. Given how they get broken down into their base components when they're dragged back into the Root, and how if they overstay in the World they start to rot away.

Not really. I'm pretty sure Kotomine set up the children-corpses of his own initiative, and Gil just accepted it as an appreciated but ultimately unneeded gift.

So in other words, Gil doesn't need the orphans, but he uses it because he finds the whole situation amusing and likes Kotomine.

Nah, because the way Toriko works the Great Maw would actually become hungrier upon exposure to the world.

The guy has a high Independent Action skill and had no issue spamming away in Zero. There's only so much mana you can get from a few dozen ordinary kids too, especially after draining them for a decade plus.

If that extra surplus is enough to make any kind of difference, than Gil should never come close to running out anyway.

>If he had that he wouldn't be draining children
Gil explicitly stated that he didn't need them. He used them because they were an offering from his attendant and, in his view, modern humanity is in a degraded and disgraceful state that needs to be reduced back in both numbers and ability to survive so that it returns to its former strength.
He's technically not wrong in his view of modern humanity in the Nasuverse, given the way mysteries grow weaker as there are more copies.

He does have a body so he can make his own mana the only reason I think he would need the kids would be if he wanted to use Ea. For the most part he can supply his own mana.

Also on the spamming away bit you misunderstand how the Gate of Babylon works he just needs to activate it once and he can use it endlessly due to the retrieval Noble Phantasm.

>looks at plans for next jump

Okay, spending a year or so as a stone statue would probably be horrible for our relationship.

Lets not do that.

>serial killer
>likes to kill women and children
>so somewhere where killing happens, and might be a good thing.

Naruto? Not quite ready for that...

Any suggestions? Modernish world, please.

Totes would, is a 99.99999999999

>spongebob voice
>one millennia later

99999999 percent a dick.

Kinda have to? Ryu is shit magus, AND i didn't take the perk that would generate mana from suffering. Also, peaceful death as compared to whatever Ryu would have insisted on.

And that was jump 6.

>Also on the spamming away bit you misunderstand how the Gate of Babylon works he just needs to activate it once and he can use it endlessly due to the retrieval Noble Phantasm.
(Same Person)
To clarify the above, Gilgamesh is all about efficiency, Ea is an incredibly efficient weapon in terms of input to output. Meanwhile Gilgamesh only needs to pay the cost of Gate of Babylon once at the start of the war and the entire rest of the time he can basically just keep it open and fire weapons continuously without using Mana. The only times he would need to use Mana is if he got injured or needed to actually strike at someone personally (which he wouldn't need to do. Unless he felt Ea was neccesary)

Out of curiosity could a user of the First Magic create a pseudo-Gate of Babylon by creating a bounded field that launches projectiles and summoning weapons inside of that bounded field

Actually could a user of the First Magic literally just create a Gate of Babylon?

>Can a user of the first make
Yes. You can make a yes.

given enough time

I'm gonna be an asshole and suggest you go to Sekirei. Be his Ashikabi and take part in the tournament completely unironically. What jump were you planning on, if you don't mind answering? Being a stone statue doesn't seem like a common condition.

>spending a year or so as a stone statue
Gargoyles?

I thought blanks only had issues with non-blanks, but I could be wrong since I'm not an expert on 40k lore.

Thanks, I'll probably still try to go ahead with this idea since I'm sure there are plenty of ways to enhance emotions.

On the one hand, utterly hilarious. One the other, he'd -

Oh god. He'd get along with karabusa.

Nooooope.

Zelda minish cap. There's a drawback that turn a companion to stone and gives the boss a power up. Also, he'd get a bonafide princess power out of it.

MInish cap.

Skulduggery Pleasant update when?

To be fair, there are organisations of blanks in the Imperium - The Sisters of Silence being notable examples - so they might be immune to the innate dislike from other blanks (it's most likely a minor Warp connection rejecting the ones that don't connect to the Warp, thus the blanks wouldn't be affected by not sensing what they never sense anyway.)

>Kinda have to? Ryu is shit magus, AND i didn't take the perk that would generate mana from suffering.

You're a caster, partial drain AoEs and leylines are your bread and butte if you're skilled enough for it. At the same time, eating a soul in Nasu isn't any worse than killing someone since the soul is destroyed shortly after death anyway.

So it's more just a comment on how your Jumper developed character-wise, having pretty much no hesitation doing something that in other cosmologies would be a pretty big moral quagmire.

Also, six? Pretty soon to be hopping into Fate. Out of curiosity, what were the first five?

Regardless, thanks for posting your build and the bit of writing here. Hope to see more from you in the future!

Jumpers I have a question. How would it effect your experience of the X-Men Evolution jump to know that season 4 would have been the Phoenix arc?

It would involve heavier use of proxy clones while sitting in the warehouse than usual.

Depends on how bullshit the XME version of Phoenix is, like how MCU Thor isn't anywhere as bullshit as comics Thor.

Anyone remember a jump in which you could buy a newspaper subscription - that would deliver tomorrow's newspaper to you today?

Was that one of the Paradox game jumps? Hearts of Iron maybe?

Wasn't that the plot to a tv show?

Yes, Early Edition. The protagonist's nemesis was the editor of the local newspaper. That is not a joke.

No luck so far. A search for "newspaper" in my copy of the drive didn't find it (found 48 other jumps that mention the word though).

"Next Week's Paper" in East Vs West.

You are awesome. Thankyou.

Potentially, if you get a good Servant. Nobu is a pretty good choice for this Holy Grail War since half of those guys (Gilgamesh, Hercules, Cu, and Medusa) have some level of Divine, and most of them also have a decent amount of Mystery (except EMIYA, probably).

Hey YJ_user, would I Am The Necronomicon! work on the Arrowhead from JoJo, since the way it works is being made from a metal that causes people to gain Stands?

Yeah, probably. I'm not sure how gaining Stands works, but it's probably too powerful to absorb completely if they're all a part of the Arrowhead.

I don't think the Arrowhead itself contains the Stands so much as it unlocks them within the person's soul? I remember that Joseph and Jotaro's Stands were awakened upon DIO gaining his own Stand thanks to Jonathan's body syncing with them or something, and I believe Avdol and N'Doul unlocked their Stands themselves.

It'd probably be pretty easy to absorb whatever causes a person to unlock their Stand permanently, in that case.

Cool, thanks YJ_user. Now I can play the role of the mysterious power granting guy, which I honestly could have played with the Arrowhead, but it's cooler this way so I'll just do this instead. Thanks again.

>see Next Week's Paper
>then see next item, Armageddon Alarm

>>If you should ever happen to be targeted by a weapon that can be called a weapon of mass destruction, this will immediately start ticking down the moment that the firing process for the weapon is initiated. If the firing process should happen to be extremely short, you will be guaranteed to have at least 30 minutes before the timer reaches zero.

This has hilarious trolling potential in science fantasy/fiction settings wherein combat involves nuclear-tier weaponry. "Hostile vessel, do you require assistance? Perhaps you forgot to take your little blue pill this morning? Or maybe you left the handbrake on. Don't mind our dust, the hyperdrive's finished warming up now."