Wargaming terrain

What’s your favourite piece of terrain TG? Or what are you working on?

Currently building a Void shield Generator for my local FLGS

Well, I build pretty much all my terrain from scraps and bits I pick from trash around neighborhood. Just finished couple fences and warning signs for radioactive zones.

Why isn't terrain building more popular topic on Veeky Forums?

Bump for interest, will post some of mine in a few

None of it is very good, but it’s my first attempt at terrain building for DnD

No idea why it’s turning the pics sideways

Pretty cool OP I quite like the TT combat buildings and 4ground stalingrad kits but I dont have a favourite. I'll post mine in a bit

Still gotta finish painting the foam

Are you using slate as a base? I got a bunch of terrain pics if you dont mind me hijacking the thread. Not masterclass quality but usable

Pic related the first terrain piece I finished. I had GW city of death stuff but sold it

Sorry just read its foam. Good start OP I suggest checking out the terrain tutor if interested in creating more

>Why isn't terrain building more popular topic on Veeky Forums?
Most of us break our necks trying to look closer at the pictures, for e.g.

This broke my neck and now im on my way to the hospital.

bump

Awesome, foam board?

Kek, idk why they uploaded sideways and shit

Mushroom houses for Burrows and Badgers

thanks! and nah Warhammer FB movement trays for the first one and the round base is a cut of 3mm hardboard.

WIP ruined churchill. I bought it on sale from Wayland games and the kit was a mess. The track sections didnt line up properly neither did the hull pieces and the front hull where the driver sits, that was missing altogether so Warlord sent me a replacement. Might base this and cover it in foliage

MDF church from a con

I like scatter terrain.

>dat meep meep behind the guardsman

I like it

Cool pieces, are they all 40k stuff? I need some stuff like that for my steampunk game

The only terrain I ever got to make...

But now my buddy got a copy of Gasland, so I'm gonna try to put together some Mad Max style wasteland pieces for us to drive around.

Have a shitload of old mega bloks dragon stuff that im gonna convert into some Gothic looking ruined buildings

The laketown house, I'm still doing the walkways, But I spent about 2 hours on the house and it painted up like a dream.

I have these giant whey protein containers but have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas?
Same with water bottles. I feel bad for the sea turtles dawg

40k industrial terrain.

Cut them at an angle and mount them into creaters as some sort of crashed ship/cargo pod.

Cut them in half and use them as hab blocks /sci fi settlement buildings.

this
cut the bottom off them about 1-1.5 inches, glue them to a base, add gubbins and spray one colour like black or red brick and you've got industrial silos

nice!

some bocage I made with soviets for scale

made some big scatter wooded bits. Plastic trees from woodland scenics with flock and lichen. The only MDF at the hardware store was 9mm rather than 3mm then cause of the heat of summer it warped. Still works though

Bumping with some of my stuff.

i dig it.

Thanks!

My attempt at a Kettenkrad yeah.

They're made with 40k in mind and most are actually made of GW plastic but if you look past the Aquillas and Opus Mechanicus I think they'd fit into other settings.

White Dwarf has had some real good scenery in it over the years.

I'll dump some stuff that you guys might find useful.

That's about it, hope it's helpful to you guys!

anyone got the gw book on making terrain?

Awesome stuff, thanks user

Not mine, but I’ll dump some stuff I’ve saved

they're cool I like em. The Forklift sentinel is rad

some MDF the gf got me for christmas. I'm thinking these would go well with these on a Soviet city or Berlin board

these are nice I've not seen a lot of the giants causeway type terrain those hexagonal rocks.

hot

Hexagonal rocks are made from pencils I believe

hahah goddamn. Genius. Thats what I love about this community

sexy

Finding an image of this was harder than it had any right to be.

Guard tower I've been working on

nice whats the scale?

40k scale, whats's it called again. Heroic?

yeah I think its heroic 28. Thanks. Also where did you get it?

I made it from scratch. Mainly acrylic and plastic card.

ah sheeiittt man thats awesome. Well cool

Tryibg out an idea for scifi barrels made of baby food lids.

What did you use for your base on this tree?

Ive done a few bases/dioramas an some terrain bits here and there. Let me see If i can find a few

A plane wreck

Last one

I'm building a bunch of stuff based on historical Egyptian building floorplans. This one's a minor official's house; the back and roof of the main building are removable and keyed for playability. Still needs some more sand and the plants, but I'm having fun with it.

As I stated before in a time away. Amazing.

Not really wargamming pieces but a Diorama I made recently for a birthday gift. Hirsts Mold has really brought my stuff to life recently.

i like it

What do you think of papercraft models?

Good starting point since they let you get a shape to work with relatively fast. Need to be reinforced and detailed further if you want something really good, though.

Fuck I remember those sets. I have a shitload of this stuff packed away. I might have to follow suit.

like everything in this hobby it boils down to
1 Does it look good?
2 does it work on the table

yeah, depends.
I've seen some pretty awesome papercraft spaceships on gaming tables, but if you use metal miniatures you want something stronger than paper.

mat papercraft minis can be done easily in thicker card for their main structure tonad strength.

Other tricks I've seen is filling them with plaster or pouring sone fiberglas resin in and swirling it around to line the inside with resin to give a lot more strength.