emlia.org/pmwiki/pub/web/Main.HomePage.html

Was it all worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/LeftBeyond
emlia.org/pmwiki/pub/web/Main.HomePage.html
f3.to/pmwiki/pub/web/Main.HomePage.html
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=left beyond
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The RPG looks okay-ish but I don't really see any reason to run it. 2d6 is a very small range of numbers so you want to watch out having stat + skill type of stuff happening in that, that's two degrees of freedom that stretch your math and unbalance your mechanic.

Thanks! What would work better?

Nobody? :(

Welcome to posting OC on Veeky Forums

I'd tell you to go back to >>>r/rpg, but I doubt you'd have better luck there. A quick look at the sub and there are dozens of heartbreakers with no replies.

Isn't this what 1d4chan used to be for?

Desu it'd be nice if you gave a sitrep on what we're looking at here.

Thank you!

Just... various Veeky Forums things I wrote. There's board games, a few RPG settings, and a system to go with them (they also work okay with d20, as we've tested).

Also two quest logs.

>Isn't this what 1d4chan used to be for?
Welcome to modern Veeky Forums, where OC is cringey shit and the point of threads is to see how many replies you can get before a mod bans you.

I understand that, but I'm saying it's nice to have a summary of what we're in for before diving into a wiki supposedly 5 years in the making. You wouldn't advertise a new system as "an rpg;" What ~is~ the rpg? You find out what an RPG / setting is about before learning them.

Yeah, I'm fairly worried about my stuff being cringy.

No, as in, actual effort is seen as cringey regardless of content while bait threads and political discussion is trying to be pushed as the norm.

Nobody in this thread has even read what you posted. It's a general commentary on the decline of this board

If you want people to give you specific feedback you need to start here

>Was it all worth it?
You already know the answer, user. Im sure it was, i know i feel great after writing a bunch of shit, regardless of whether its good or not. Some of my best work has been revisiting stupid shit and cleaning it up into a better product.
Even if no one else ever reads it, i still enjoy it. I mean, my wife reads all my stuff, good and bad, but other than that, not many others do

Thank you!

Okay, here goes... The board game stuff is pretty self explanatory: Spirit Plumbers is something I wrote for kids I was tutoring, What Goes Up tries to be an update to Liftoff with some KSP thrown in.

The RPG stuff is me intentionally cringy stuff and trying to make something of it. For example, Iron Legion came about after people on Patheos noticed that "Atlas Shrugged" makes for a pretty decent Mad Max style world at its ending, and "Left Behind" is actually pretty good cosmic horror if you look at it upside down.

The system is an attempt for me to write something simple enough that it stays in my head all in one go, since I have memory problems, but complete enough to be playable, this lets me keep GMing, basically.

Naw nigga, more basic than that. What kind of system is it? You've got "resolution system" listed on the site, and also "new resolution system", which document has the core rules?

They should go to the same link. Looks like I gotta fix that.

Nah it's just referring to the cultural shift that Veeky Forums (and by extension Veeky Forums) has experienced in the last three years. These days, making OC is considered "cringe" by a significant percentage of Veeky Forums's userbase.

Like this user said, Veeky Forums is filling up with applesponges who hate OC.

Well, that's me getting old then :) the memory is the first thing to go, followed by the memory.

I guess that this isn't the Gets Shit Done board anymore and I missed it then?

What the fuck is an applesponge?

To clarify what this user is saying, you really gotta work on your sales pitch OP. You've dumped a bunch of material on us and expect us to read it without making us WANT to read it. Is the fluff cool? Doing anything neat with the mechanics? Why should I read your stuff?

If say focus on one if those things in the wiki and really put your energy into that instead of this limp wristed dump followed by self disparaging posts.

Its a term thats supposed to make of /pol/ ... came about as a counter to soyboy. I dont really care for /pol/, but using applesponge as some sort of insult or whatever is fucking retarded, ive never seen anyone do anything but mock it

Probably a word filter. Ever tried typing T, B and H together?

I honestly blame the /qst/ split a few years ago. While quests are super cancerous, we did lose creative types and all sorts of games played on Veeky Forums; unique ideas tend to go to /qst/ now. Good or bad.

Tbh I haven’t.

Yeah, Left Beyond was adapted into a quest.

Basically, Gangster Computer God vs. Bible God.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/LeftBeyond

No because twitter speak angers me.

Huh, maybe it's stopped. Half the posts on some boards would end in "desu" for a while.

> desu

That's just how the word filter went. It also affected "senpai" and "baka".

Yeah, F A M was also affected

Oh yeah, that showed up in the Alpha Centauri thread a while ago.

Interesting quest, in that the QM kept it going for months even with only 2 or 3 players. I think he just dropped out of seminary and was trying to wash his mouth of it.

I did drop out of seminary, but several years ago :)

And yeah, I gotta work on my sales pitch. Basically the idea was taking bad fiction and trying to make it into decent RPG settings (Rise of the Uncertainty Lich, despite being named after that one punchline in GM Of The Rings, was supposed to "star" twilight-pires).

I think it only works when the t is lowercase. For example: desu.

You should maybe make it more explicit.

From a five minute reading:

Tripocalypse = Left Behind, except Chtulutech
Left Beyond = Left Behind, except Paranoia
Iron Legion = Atlas Shrugged, except Mad Max
Waylights = Miyazaki except XCOM?
What Goes Up = Fantasy KSP?
Spirit Plumbers = 1960s Ghost Busters except with 1980s Ghost Busters references?
Then there's also some Fantasy Nazi stuff on the wiki which look like it came from another quest?

>The Kingdom of Muscletonia - WRESTLER PRINCESSES!
Yup, it's cringey

>emlia.org/pmwiki/pub/web/Main.HomePage.html
lel, I visited r/rpg after seeing this and op posted it there

I think the link is broken my dude, i cant read your stuff?

try f3.to/pmwiki/pub/web/Main.HomePage.html

Bump because this is Veeky Forums getting shit done.

Looks like Riley is one of the secondary authors, some pages say "By X" but most don't.

Content: 8/10
Presentation:4/10

"Waylight" looks like a less cartoony version of Storm Hawks.

"Iron Legion" is a pretty standard issue weird west / mad max pastiche, but basing it off Atlas Shrugged is clever. Are you trying to mock /pol/?

The Left Behind stuff... I was there for the /qst/ threads, that game worked well but I'm not sure it would work as a regular RPG setting.

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS.

It's not bad writefaggotry OP, but it's more unfinished than you think.

Bump

Yeah, and I don't think I should continue writing. I'm not going to ragedelete, just... I have to be OK with the notion that my OC is nothing special.

This post puts you in the top 1% of RPG developers, to be frank.

Thanks, Frank! At least we got a decent quest out of it, I guess.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=left beyond

>All this winging
Fuck that.
In this thread, right now, contains anons who could make as much fucking OC as they want. We could go make another thread, do it in here, anything.
Fuck what /pol/luters think, and fuck their bait threads. Why hang your head and bitch when you can go out there and change shit?