Burning Wheel

Is anyone running this? How do you handle there practically being no enemies/monsters and the monster burner being monstrously outdated; even if it wasn't, it'd be tedious to burn each monster.

Ballpark monster stats / dice pool based on "Monsters and Adversaries" / monster burner. Ballpark NPCs based on what you'd burn for that character. Roll up important bosses or whatever with monster burner.
Also what's outdated about monster burner stats?

>Is anyone running this?
No except for the retarded Italian in our discord, he can't take a hint and realise it's shit

Last I heard of someone using it was to emulate the Made in Abyss setting.

Italian neckbeards are twice as autistic as regular neckbeards.

t. Italian

What is Monster Burner and why is tedious and outdated?

Have run it before, its not bad, just clunky. i like the skill leveling system, but practice and teachning can go suck a dong.
overall its pretty autistic

A system for making monsters. like charicter creation in this fucking system its a pain

It probably is but doesn't the game have bestiary with pre-made monstes for you to use?

Exactly; whats the point

Why not? If it's not the only way to get monsters for the game then how is it bad?

I'm about to run it for the first time with a group of people completely new to RPGs in general. Wish me luck.
I'm just reading through the adventure burner and it looks quite solid. I hope it will give me a better experience than D&D

How do you deal with the cringe of calling writing something on paper as "burning".

I run gamed where the enemies are mostly other people instead of monsters

And even most of those people are just a number from 3-6 with how much dice they roll on everything

For killing monsters and taking their stuff I run Torchbearer or D&D

I never got the 'Burning'reference. to this day I don't know what a 'burning wheel' actually refers to, or why it is relevant for the game.

The Burning Wheel is an artifact from the creators homebrew campaign that became the system.

That's literally it beyond a shoehorned metaphor for how the system works.

It had stats in the codex

I can't fucking stand how ridiculously pretentious that system is.

Anyways, thank you for the explanation user.

Is it me, or is the system created to tell a story of a single hero more than a group - looking at how things like duel of wits and so on work?

It really seems ideal for 2 to 3 players, because the system and advancement are actually built around helping and having someone to help.

Solo games in it are fairly great but the PC needs some supporting cast members to get that help die and provide a help die to.

I mostly just use the pre-made monsters. I personally think that it is pretty good, especially with how it encourages players to actually roleplay. It isn't for all games, but I would say that it is better than D&D and should fit a RP heavy group.

I own a copy of Torchbearer and feels cool but also too clunky to get anyone to play.

Does anyone have feed back on Torchbearer or Mouseguard?

Mouseguard is legitimately a good game. It is made with beginners in mind, but should work well for more experienced players as well. The box set is unnecessary.

Mouse Guard is a great game. It really distills BW down into an easily accessible form and has some neat ideas. I don't much care for some of the stuff like the GM/Player turn divide but it's totally usable RAW.
What's really interesting about Torchbearer is that it takes the base provided by Mouse Guard and drops a fat shit on it. It's one of the worst attempts at dungeon crawling I've ever seen and the MG mechanics feel totally clunky and weird in this new form. It has some neat rules and subsystems here and there, but it's not built on a good core for what it's trying to do.

How is character creation a pain? I remember shades being a weird thing to wrap my head around but character creation moved forward logically

Ignore it?

>No Monster Burner Gold
>No Cyberpunk system
>No more support for BW, because of Mouse Guard

I stooped so low as to make my first reddit account in 2018 to second someone suggesting making a cyberpunk system or shadowrun and Luke thought it was a neat idea. Too bad he is a scatter brained fag and it will never come to fruition, because he's a lazy gimp.

>I stooped so low as to make my first reddit account in 2018 to second someone suggesting making a cyberpunk system or shadowrun and Luke thought it was a neat idea. Too bad he is a scatter brained fag and it will never come to fruition, because he's a lazy gimp.

Dude, make it yourself.

>Dude, make it yourself.
I honestly would, but I would never be able to get the math right on shit like that, nor the balance. It would just be eye-balling and arbitrary nonsense.

This. Unless your a scattered brained lazy fag gimp.

Fuck you retards. I'll do it. Just despite you. Fucking shit scum night lurkers.

>I honestly would, but I would never be able to get the math right on shit like that, nor the balance. It would just be eye-balling and arbitrary nonsense.

That's what it already is.

>That's what it already is.
Damn... I'll concede that. Very good point.

>Fuck you retards. I'll do it. Just despite you.

Just TO spite you. You can't use 'despite' here, that means something else.

>Fucking shit scum night lurkers.

Veeky Forums is accessible form a lot of places globally. website. If it's night where you are does not mean it's night where the other poster is.

Typed all that and literally no one cares, but you.

Nobody cares about Burning Wheel either but here we are

I've always ran BW as people centric game, thus majority opposition should be people instead of monsters, and those are easy to make with what you got.
Also Monster Burner has a long list of premade stuff, so even with it there is no need to burn everything from scratch.

But the real value of Monster Burner is in running ratling campaign, something I've sadly not been able to get around to.

It's a long slow process with lots of looking through the book and book keeping. Not the best experience when you have one book and full table of players all needing to go through lifepatchs and skill lists and all that shit.

How can I ignore it when faggots like the OP use it?