40k Afterlife

Where do the souls of the loyal actually go after they die? Do they actually join the Emperor, or are they just eaten by some daemon in the warp?

Human souls go to the Warp where are they are lost and disperse over time turning to oblivion. Powerful souls such as souls of psykers attract hungry demons who devour them or turn into their playthings.

>Where do the souls of the loyal actually go after they die?
They coalesce in our world and turn into miniatures.

Well, if you're truly zealous and brave you will fight side by side with the Emperor* in the afterlife against [redacted]**

*You may not actually ever meet the Emperor in person or soul
**For further questions and answers about [redacted] contact your regimental Commissar for swift re-education.

DEEPEST LORE

To some extent, certain souls seem to get the benefit of the Emperor's "protection" - in that they become what appears to be the Legion of the Damned. He summoned an army of dead loyalists, including Ferrus, in the Heresy after all.

Malcador tells his dying friend that the Emperor will "catch her" bu he might've been lying about it. And IIRC some codex a while back said something about how he protects the souls of the truly faithful.

But for most people? They disperse into the Warp. The ones unlucky enough to be psykers end up as food and fucktoys for Daemons.

I always thought that every loyal human goes to the emperor, but even this is bullshit and only privileged few benefit from it.
There is literally no point being loyal, since you'll be demons fuckboi either way.

Negligible number of souls become free forever. See Slan article; "The Old Slann believed that the object of life was to perfect the mind and through this they held the view that this allowed an individual to become an immortal spirit in the Warp".

Some souls have a heavenly existence serving the Emperor or some other force of Order, eventually being reborn perhaps. May with some memories aka Mnemosyne.

Many are reborn, that being most. Memories erased, aka lethe.

Many have hellish existence. Some forever, some eventually reborn.

>831.M33 The Year of Ghosts: spectres of the deceased are reported to have risen up to defeat an incursion from the Warp.

If you were faithful you soul becomes one with the Emperor's divinity otherwise you either disperse if you soul is too weak or daemons eat you.

>be a loyal and faithful soldier of the Emperor
>die bravely while fighting some hellspawned abomination
>my soul passes on to its just reward
>jk, you still end up fighting daemons

Sounds like a complete fucking con.

Everyone is eaten by daemons, accept a few "saints".

Now multiply it by millions dead soldiers every year

At least being loyal prevent you from being a daemon's fucktoy while alive

It's better to fight together than alone.

SO SPEAKETH THE HERETIC!

It just swaps daemons with bureaucrats or aristocracy.

Meet you on horned wormcock in warp, my friend!

What if I ain't your friend in the warp, user?

The Golden Throne is on damage control!

I'm pretty sure every dead guardsman wanted revenge.
They're already dead and protected by big E, so they're safe from daemonic fuckery.

>implying fighting daemon fucking shits isn't its own reward

>Do they actually
the lore will never give you a straight answer on that. At best you've got in-universe theorization