/swg/ Wholesome Droid Stories Edition

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---

> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/racing-into-action/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/blizzard-assault/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/the-rebellion-is-born/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/20/the-duels-in-portland/

Other urls found in this thread:

swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/18359/herecomethetroopers-2.0
imdb.com/title/tt1185834/?ref_=nv_sr_3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is me, your friendly neighborhood armadaposter, here to tell you about our Lord and Savior, the ISD.

So now that we've shit on both hyperspace (twice) and real spacetime what do we rape from here, outside of 9 just flat out saying all the force that ever forced came from Rey's queefs or something equally inane.

>built a new Destiny deck that nothing but troopers
>i'm undefeated 4/4 at my LGS
fuck yeah.
swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/18359/herecomethetroopers-2.0

This

Idk why there is so much hate for /KDY/ here

ISDs are extremely fast, well armed and well protected ships. While being exceptional at multirole operations

Its an ideal ship for combined arms warfare. Equal parts Captial ship killer and transport

The fact that every Imperial sector fleet only has 24 of them out of thousands or smaller combat and support vessels should be a testament to their quality

Has anyone got the new book yet? What universal specializations are there? New force powers? New lightsaber weapons/attachments? Personal shields?

How much better off would the galaxy be if the CIS had won?

Preach, brother.

Ahsoka's debut was in a film, dumbass.

Well, before Canon made them a joke, a single Imperial Star Destroyer (I or II) was enough for the New Republic to classify any renegade Imperial commander as a Warlord.

I think they mention all it took was one to threaten a world and they were so good, everyone made a scramble to grab one when the Empire fell into civil strife.

They would also be the idea for which the Empire's successors, the New Republic and Galactic Alliance, would draw inspiration from for some of their ship designs, like this Carrier.

No, you're probably thinking of that blue chick who looks like Ahsoka but is blue.

>here
Pretty sure lots of anons here resent nucanon's nerfed ISDs.

The new Canon also states the average Star Destroyer crew is bad, including those of Super Star Destroyers.

Original character Blahsoka?!

I didn't have any respect for the ISD until I started playing Empire at War and Armada. Those made me change my mind. ISD a best.

I didn't think much of them myself till I read about how they were used in the hands of Thrawn, Zsinj, , Palleon, Daala and what not.

I mean, the movies didn't really give them a fantastic showing with a crashing fighter being able to decapitate one. I never really got where this 'Star Destroyers are the best things ever' came from, rather than them just being very heavy ships.

Have you guys ever tried making a Star Wars Legends-era fandex, if not let's try it.

In Legends, they were used more effectively and could pose a legitimate threat when used correctly.

However, the list of individuals who can use them correctly in Canon can be counted on a few fingers.

Why do Tri-Fighters have two eyes when they're in a 3d environment?

imdb.com/title/tt1185834/?ref_=nv_sr_3

>I mean, the movies didn't really give them a fantastic showing with a crashing fighter being able to decapitate one.
That was an SSD and it was "decapitated" after Ackbar ordered the fleet to concentrate all firepower on it.
>I never really got where this 'Star Destroyers are the best things ever' came from, rather than them just being very heavy ships.
That's a hyperbolic interpretation of the issue. It's not that ISDs are supposed to be the best, it's that nucanon made them cardboard deathtraps. Legends ISDs were big, scary, and a powerful force in naval gun battles. While they had their exploitable weaknesses, they were still a threat that usually took considerable effort and resources to put down compared to their nucanon counterparts.

To be fair, Paplatine is the reason why that ship was lost.

Any new Force Powers in Dawn of Rebellion?

Honestly, Armada ISDs aren't that incredible, relative to what kills them. A pair of Victories or 4-5 CR90s outmatch one, and an MC80 is virtually its equal.

Its the biggest, strongest ship in the game; but I don't think an ISD dying to an MC30 and a pair of Nebulon-Bs is what the people posting about legends have in mind.

>two VSD
>with HIE
>watch them cry and crumble

I was thinking about ways of countering Fenn and Kanan and I came up with this

(100)

Rey (62) - YT-1300
Expertise (4), Finn (5), Kanan Jarrus (3), Millennium Falcon (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

Horton Salm (38) - Y-Wing
Twin Laser Turret (6), R2-D6 (1), BTL-A4 Y-wing (0), Vectored Thrusters (2), Expertise (4)

Basically, the idea is "Fuck you Fenn I wasn't spending tokens anyway"

All rerolls and dice mods when attacking are natural and innate.

The BTL-A4 makes flying Horton trickier but it allows him to push 4 damage a turn on Kanan after (/when) Fenn has been dealt with.

>Potential Flaws

Defense. Horton's got nothing going for him except a focus if he takes it. Sustained Kanan fire can do a number on him

Not sure about the MC30, but aren't the Nebulon's poorly armed compared to a Star Destroyer, as in out gunned twice over?

Also, in Legends, they established that Imperial shields had some deficiencies that ships like the MC-80B and MC-90 were designed to exploit (though I'm not sure if the Imperials ever corrected on that later).

Post-Endor, Legendsverse, would T-65's be plentiful around private users? I think they'd probably be incredibly rare outside of museums, considering its not like the Rebellion had a huge surplus of them.

>how to deal with shit-pede rau
>Y-wing with TLT or sync turrets and Vectored Thrusters
>bomb loadout with clustermines

check and mate.

Depends on how far after Endor and what you believe the NR/Galactic Alliance did with old Xs. During the time of the main X-Wing novels, they would be very, very rare since the NR was pretty much taking every X that came off the production line and still encountering shortages. Once you got into later T-65 variants and XJs, the market might open up if the NR/GA chose to sell off really old spaceframes or if Incom earned enough money to expand. I don't think it's entirely clear if XJs were a new series of spaceframes or if all the old T-65s were upgraded to XJ status.

That rey does work- maybe run 3p0 and old title.
The difficulty is picking the Wingman- That Horton will eat shit and die FAST.

Yeah I'm specifically talking about the T-65(-B?) version, I know the XJs are probably well kept to military service. On the wookiee its brought up that Confederation thing used them AND TIE/LNs AND Z-95s, so maybe they're around in some very rare capacity? Gotta keep in mind though, Corellia was a founding member of the Rebellion, so it makes sense the Confederation they founded would have some, not sure if they have a way of replenishing them though.

not very, despite the good intent of many followers the main rulers were still mostly in it for money and power, and theyd still be a puppet state under Sidious, likely after he fakes the death of his palpatine identity, ruling from the shadows while he and dooku play their sith games. Not to mention you got mad dogs like Grievous still kicking.

that said it depends on how many good guys live, I could imagine Anakin running off with Pademe to raise their kids some where safe, reluctantly training them in the ways of the force with the help of other jedi survivors or other force users, holdout cells of bitter clones would constantly be striking out or lining up with rebel cells, making stability a hard thing to find

>2x Vic-IIs with Gunnery Teams, Disposable Capacitors, and HIEs under Admiral Screed
It's an expensive meme build, and it is 100% *hard-countered* by a Captain Brunson/Targeting Scrambler Interdictor, which is a really dumb thing to find yourself hard-countered by, but it rips any ship that thought it could depend on its shields apart. So it's good against the current ISD/MC75/MC80 heavy meta, but it might be too expensive to have enough points leftover to stop yourself from just dying to MSU and bomber lists.

In Armada, a Nebulon can hold its own against an ISD at long range, especially two of them. They die pretty quickly once it gets into medium or close, though.

My point is just that in the game, an ISD is around 160 points after upgrades, and accordingly can be killed by 160 points of other things (depending on specific matchup, player skill, luck, etc.) And 160 points of other things isn't all that much relative to what ISDs could take on in legends canon.

No

>That was an SSD and it was "decapitated" after Ackbar ordered the fleet to concentrate all firepower on it.
Also, for most of the battle the Imperial fleet wasn't allowed to open fire on the Rebels.

Palpatine's ego was the only reason the Rebellion wasn't eliminated shortly after arriving in the system.

I mean, you can just wait until the Clones die out. It won't take that long. Likewise, would there even be an Order 66 and a Jedi Purge that was as effective as ambushing nearly the entire Jedi Order by assassinating them with their own troops? The CIS was pretty open to Force users ranging from Maul and Dooku to the Witches of Dathomir. Even if they attempted a purge, it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Honestly, I just see the galaxy devolving into modern China if the CIS wins.

>galaxy devolving into modern China
A fate worse than death.

As much as I don't want to hate Rouge One given how shitty the rest of the Disney films are, what it did to Star Destroyers is just fucking retarded.

I wonder if we could get an epic version of Armada. Downsize everything, make the ISD VSD sized, rejigger the points to make things more accurate to old lore.

>Not wanting to tow your SSD miniature to the FLGS on game day

Never gonna happen, unless you do it yourself with 1/7000 minis from Mel's.

Do you think Armada will continue adding Legends ships in the future? Or will the mouse restrict to nucanon shit

I think everything added since wave 2 has been canon, and that came out in November 2015.

what a waste, so much material ignored

Depends on their need. Keeping in mind some releases have been of formerly Legends stuff, though obviously scale and look has to conform to current LFL

X-Wing is still releasing legends stuff, even obscure stuff, but Armada has a slower production schedule it looks like, and designs and characters tied in to big releases lots of people watch is a better seller than some Legends space boxes some people might not even recognize the design of. It ultimately depends on what they require for gameplay though.

What, just two of the held out against a whole Rebel fleet. It only got bad when Y-Wings ion bombed one of them. And even then the surviving ISD was still trashing the Rebel fleet. The Hammerhead manuever was really unspected move from the Rebels. I would say ISDs did better in RO than any of the other films.

Also +1 ISD under Vader's command goes immediately back to thrashing them.

Disney ignoring fun/good Legends ship designs should be no surprise at this point. Pretty sure the only reason some Legends ships made it into canon (TIE Defender, HWK-290, etc.) in the first place is because they were being used in stuff that started production before the purge.

Well, also take into account the fact that the CIS were the rebels in the Clone Wars. If they actually won, it'd basically have to be due to Sheev getting killed by Maul or something else, allowing them to actually win rather than continually getting twisted by a leader that was actively sabotaging them.

So if the CIS actually wins, there's really no reason for a Rebel Alliance to exist since the Confederacy for Independent Systems ultimately had no intent of being a galactic regime. The entire shtick of the group was independence from authority and regulation, combined with healthy lust for credits. It'd just be a Libertarian Paradise on a galactic scale which starts crumbling and devolving under corruption and inability to govern if it tried. You'd basically just end up with a balkanized galaxy existing in much the same nature as the Corporate Sector or Hutt Space. And while the Rebel Alliance wouldn't exist, hold-out clones probably would be something akin to a Space Al-Qaeda constantly launching guerrilla attacks on what they still held to be their enemies, probably even seeking death in their dwindling war against the clankers rather than their rapid aging killing them in their sleep.

Ancap galaxy would have been the funniest galaxy.

This, the executor was a showstopper

It really would've been. Though it also almost certainly gets nommed by the Vong due to being a galactic confederacy that allows you to just opt-out cuz lmao. But it'd be such a hilariously good setting for misadventures and fun.

Really just look at Commander for Legends ships being reintroduced.

Stuff like the Smuggler and Jedi ships from SWTOR as well as the VT-49 Decimator got recanonized

Also E-Wing is C A N O N now

>lmao, let's just push one into another cuz lel
>they cut themselves apart like paper

Does Star Wars have the capability for advanced AI and robotics?

Like, could they design an AI and robot army that could go out, mine barren planets, and build more robot factories and armies that would do so ad infinitum? Think post scarcity levels of self automation and von Neuman.

I asked this a while ago but I think the Empire would have had a much easier time building the death star with this strategy, and there would be less casualties in the Vong Wars if literal asteroid belts were turned into droids and ships to combat them rather than using the native galactic populace.

>Vong violate the galaxy's collective NAP
>Collective REEEEing so loud it's audible through vacuum

Direct from /trash/ a fun reimagining of everyone's favorite non-Kinect related Han Solo moment.

I haven't watched the new Rebels, but a friend of mine did and said that Ezra saves Ahsoka via temporal shenanigans. That sounds stupid, but he has a tendency to explain things badly. Is it stupid?

Yes but no.

Ezra does enter some kind of nexus place with links to different times and places, and does prevent Vader from just sabering Ashoka. But then like 5 minutes later she just jumps back in through the portal and into the same ending shot from the episode where she "died" anyway.

>Empire building the Death Star
"Hire as many contractors as possible. We're still behind schedule? Lets go raid planets for slave labour then, the Wookies would make fine strong backs"

"Oh crap we just lost million men on the Death Star. Those clones and recruits took years to grow."

>Droids building Death Star
"Oh, we lost a Death Star on Yavin IV? How unfortunate. Good thing we've got three automated fleets out there building more.

Half a million droids and a few hundred operators? Ah, I thought the losses would be worse. The automated fleets can replace that in a year."

It's not as apocalyptically bad as some made it out to be, nor does it look like it'll become a consistent thing in Star Wars.

Nevertheless the episode wasn't that great. It really didn't add anything and just brought up a bunch of questions.

As for Ahsoka I'm not sure if she's "saved" so much as "brought out of time" to the between world dimension; it seems for her it played similar to Harry Potter rules with the Time Turner

Overall it doesn't look like the past was altered, just weird effects between time and space

Short of it: magic rock the wolves gave them last ep direct them to the temple, that is run by an imp blacksite team, so death troopers, and also le based archeology man.
They figure out the way to use a portal by fucking around with the force and the hands of a mural containing the Son, Daughter, and Father from Mortis. Ezra goes in, Sabine gets caught and is mildly interrogated for the rest of the ep, everybody else gets the fuck out of dodge.
In the monochrome world where Ezra landed is apparently portals to a buttload of key points in Star Wars history, complete with an almost constant background noise of notable quotes. He finds a portal with Ahsoka fighting Vader, yanks her out, tries to do the same with a portal of Kanan, Ahsoka gives some bullshit answer about pime taradox to stop them, Sheev realizes shit's up and tries to shoot some Voodoo Juju blue fire through the same portal (implying he may have been fucking with Ezra) and they fight him off and run, Ezra goes back the way he came, Ahsoka ends up back on Malachor, presumably a few hours later. They escape and the temple just fucking implodes after the Father Mural waves at them, based archeology man is dead, the entire temple is fucking gone.

Cute

And nice digits

The propaganda book explicitly calls for droid builders, even among children, which kindof implies that "robots building robots" isn't quite ready yet, at least on a CIS war machine scale.

Ironically digits are what made it get made in the first place. The dubs are with me today.

>Trusting droids

I feel like nobody in star wars would ever want to advance droid technology to that kind of level, for one big reason:
if droids become so super efficient at running themselves, why do you even need the original creators? they'd be obsoleted by their own creations.

The CIS was likely full of greedy, inefficient bureaucracies for that very reason.

That could just be busy work to boost morale on the same vein as collecting rubber in WW2. After seeing the droid foundries on Geonosis I have a hard time believing having people build droids would be any more effective.

The blurb from the picture in question:
"With their eliance on mechanical infantry for the bulk of their fighting forces, most Separatist worlds did not have the traditional avenue of military enlistment as an expression of patriotism. However, the battle droids did require construction and service, and Separatist-aligned technician guilds swelled with fresh talent and eagerness as beings opposed to Republic rule joined their ranks. Though much of the droid construction efforts in Separatist and unallied space was undertaken by automated assembly or Geonosian foundries, the rapidly expanding battlefront and escalating need for new soldiers made droid technician one of the most commonly held professions on many Separatist-held worlds."

Also because nobody wants an uprising made up of droids that can build droids that can build other droids that can etc. If you don't mind-wipe a droid regularly, it gains a personality and risks becoming insubordinate. It's one thing to build an army of expendable retards like the B1s since they die too quickly to need much mind-wiping. It's another to have to mind-wipe droids that are expected to last a while along with their metal offspring and said offspring's offspring.

Hmm. This makes me wonder how did Republic planets contribute to the supplying of clone forces.

Speaking of, which was likely more industrialized and populated, the core worlds or the separatist planets? I kind of feel the core worlds being older would have a bigger industrial populace to contribute to the Republics war effort, in the same vein as the Union did too by being older and more populated.

>If you don't mind-wipe a droid regularly, it gains a personality and risks becoming insubordinate
and more prone to episodes of comedic hilarity

>how did Republic planets contribute to the supplying of clone forces
Probably the same way IRL people sometimes do--send them care packages containing sappy letters, alcohol disguised as mouthwash, cigarras, flushable wipes, snacks, and hard drives full of porn.

I mean, we have an explicit in-universe Droid Uprising. Which was pretty fucking awful and is a good part of the reason everyone hates droids outside of the Clone Wars.

Theoretically since they are all genetic clones of the same person, all they would have to do is list out Jango Fetts favorite things to do and mass produce them on a big scale.

>how did Republic planets contribute to the supplying of clone forces
bullshit World War-esque rationing policies bs in this context, not necessarily WWs that likely just increased Core resentment of the war, thereby giving a better foothold for Sheev's power grabs to end it '''faster'''.
As of TCW at least further advancement of clone forces outside of the original batch was backed by the Banking Clan, who was still "publicly" neutral, much like the Trade Feds and I imagine a couple others. Think the Techno Union (don't post it) was probably full-on CIS though.
I imagine Sheev killing the damn dirty Muuns after the war probably resolved the very legitimate concerns the BC's insane interest rates had.

Best characters in the franchise hand down.

The Techno Union had a senator, but yeah, discrediting and nationalizing the megacorps was a big part of the plan to ensure no one would oppose the new Empire.

The clones experienced divergent "evolution," though. These guys were all very different from one another, for instance, so the clone army might turn out to be extremely varied in tastes and preferences.

>inane.
Inane is what your post is. Asinine is what you mean.

>Well, before Canon made them a joke,
end this meme

canon ISDs are just as strong (and just as weak) as they've always been

no, fuck off with that von neumann shit

Same diff grandpa.

it'd depend entirely on how much Incom wanted to keep producing them I think

We never hear them speak outside of Boss's POV so I always interpreted the heavily different behavior and accents as small idiosyncracies to anybody else.

>I don't think it's entirely clear if XJs were a new series of spaceframes or if all the old T-65s were upgraded to XJ status.
upgrades, that's why they stayed the main fighter instead of the E-wing taking over, because the NR could upgrade all it's beat-up old T-65s to the new standard

that's what World Devastators basically were, and they were crazy-ass top secret experimental tech.

Yes, the difference between them is the same. That's how differences work.

Shut up and drink your prune juice ernest.

Proper nouns should be capitalized.

goesn't fucketh thyself'nt

Makes sense, tech upgrades in SW tend to be just an improvement on whatever works. In the OR comics, they kept using Hammerheads and Aureks for... thousands of years.

By the time of Legacy, they have the X-Wing replaced with this though, so 100 years must've been the cut-off date.

Their track record in Canon has been horrendous so far so it's either the crews that are terrible, or the ships that are.

Once again the Mortis arc strikes as the dumbest thing

>t. inferior clone supporter

Honestly, the whole personification of the force shit with the father and the son and all that nonsense is some of the purest garbage that has ever come out of star wars. It's just so out of place. Don't know why "Mortis" crap brings out the stupidest shit

>They escape and the temple just fucking implodes after the Father Mural waves at them, based archeology man is dead, the entire temple is fucking gone.

Well no, it seemed to be some sort of time reset since the excavation was filled in with dirt as if it had never been there.

Archeology councilor and his retinue may hace been time-shunted away.

That was the only part that bugged me any. I didn't mind the Rebels pulling off that trick, but they shouldn't have just sliced each other apart like that.